Male HQ

Hair Thinning / Hair Loss Problems / Hair Treatment & Hair Products Discussion (Compiled)

Guest Help

Hi,

I'm here to seek help/advice, so I can you guys can help me out.

I'm only in my early 20s. Recently, I have been losing quite a lot of hair when I was showering. Is this a sign of hair loss? What can I eat or do to combat this problem?

Thanks.

Ask RickyTan. His profile-name is rickytan. He's running a home-based hairloss-treatment programme. :)

Love me for a Reason, Let the Reason be Love. (from 'Love Me For A Reason', Boyzone)

I agree with Manbane.

Dont waste your money on those so called hair saloon. Propecia (or Prosca, a cheaper one), is the only solution.

However, it seems that this drug might have the side effect on erection for some.

Go consult a doctor.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Could be due to a few factors:

1. The shampoo and conditioner that you use

2. Stress

3. Lack of food sources rich in protein, vitamin B and carotenoids

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

thanks guys, i shall wait a few more days before i make a decision on whether or not to consult a doc.

Hi, if your problem continues, you should see a doctor for assessment.Go to National Skin Centre, HAIR AND NAIL CLINIC, ( http://www.nsc.gov.sg/showpage.asp?id=29#hair_and_nail)

Contact me if you wish to have a free scalp analysis.

rickytan5678@gmail.com or visit my webpage for more info: http://www.hairloss.sg.

Edited by rickytan

I'm taking PROPECIA prescribed by doc @ National Skin Centre and see some improvements... one box $88 (28 tablets). I got a referral from polyclinic inorder to have subsidised rates.

So how much is it before subsidy?

I am giving free scalp analysis and free treatment trial at my home-based operation.

Anyone wish to have a free examination /treatments of their scalp condition can contact me or write to me if you have any questions concerning hair loss prevention.

You may visit my website for more details: http://www.hairloss.sg

Write to me rickytan5678@gmail.com or call 98197552 for appointment.

• 1 month later...

During the Second World War, doctors noticed that patients with severe burns or burn scars had a better chance of scar removal if hair follicles began growing at the edges of the burned area. If not, the odds were the scars would remain.

It was determined that new skin cells were being grown in the hair follicles and migrating to the surround damaged skin.

From that, the next step was to link skin repair and hair growth. It would take many years for researchers to determine the role copper played in this process. It was eventually discovered that copper peptides stimulated healing of wounds and also increased the size of hair follicles at the wound's edges.

Read more from http://www.hairloss.sg/article_20.html

• 2 months later...
Guest Gagaily

Hey there!

Wondering if you happen to be a HAIR-ADDICT.

Not pubic hair though, I refer to the hair growing on your head.

What kind of hairstyle do you have on your head?

Spiky/Layer? Or which idol/male star do you think is the latest trendy hairstyle?

And which brand of wax/gel do you use? Which brand is the best?

How do you normally style your hair?

For me, my hairstyle is layer, with side fringe to my right.

A bit like what those Taiwan stars have.

I us Loreal Studio Architect ShineWax, but I don't really think its the best cos my hair dun really stand and its sticky~

Planning to get a hairstraightener and those hairspray so I can style better hair.

What about you? Looking forward to your add-on! :D

Which head? :lol:

Joking joking.... :P

I used to comb a side parting line as a student (kinda looked like ah pek).

At 20, I changed my hairstyle to a shorter stylish one, since I wear glasses.

Too stylish will not match my looks.

Now I still maintain that style but cropped it to a bit shorter, which kinda make me look like someone from the army. :D

Shorter hair is more manageable for me, dun have to waste too much gel to style it and I have the option to not style it cos it will stand anyway, unless I wear a cap or helmet over it. A masseur I went to recently commented I looked cute with shorter hair plus the tan I got from a few weeks of suntan recently. :rolleyes:

Oh ya, for me, I dun use wax. Very sticky and icky. Kinda hate the Gatsby one as it kinda caused some parts of my hair to stay in sticky patches. I use Satinique Hair Design Styling Gel, which has a hardness level of 8 out of 10 and contains UV sunscreen. Does not feel too sticky to the hands and easily cleanable with just water. Occassionally, I might use hair spray of the same brand if I happen to go to big functions and add a bit of glossy look with Hi Gloss Serum that contains Ceramide Infusion System (ceramide is a naturally occuring protein in hair).

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Guest Gagaily

Thanks for your sharing, qedcwc!

Is it true that you should choose a hairstyle that should match your head size/shape?

I got quite a high forehead thus the hairstylist advised me not to cut those hair with no fringe.

I should maintain a long and thick fringe to cover my forehead so my head looks smaller.

And qedwcw, what do you mean by short hair fits your glasses?

Does it really matter?

Does some hairstyle look nicer with glasses or without glasses?

Thanks for your sharing, qedcwc!

Is it true that you should choose a hairstyle that should match your head size/shape?

I got quite a high forehead thus the hairstylist advised me not to cut those hair with no fringe.

I should maintain a long and thick fringe to cover my forehead so my head looks smaller.

And qedwcw, what do you mean by short hair fits your glasses?

Does it really matter?

Does some hairstyle look nicer with glasses or without glasses?

Try imagine long hair matching a big fat squarish face.

Does it look nice to you? Yes, it may seem in trend but critics may deem it as a poor sense of fashion.

I have a boyish student look and I wear glasses.

My old side-combed hairstyle already makes me look rather nerdy and also taking into factor my face shape, the hairdresser gave me my current hairstyle.

It has to depend on a combination of your everyday looks.

As I'm not a professional and I can't see your face here, I'm in no position to comment. :B)

One more question!

Where do you all usually cut your hair at?

Affordable? Nice?

QB House. Quick and affordable! :lol:

I usually always show them the photo I took after I first changed my hairstyle and asked them to do my hair that way and they go snipping away. ;)

What product is the best to spike hair? Any recommendation?

Any hair gel or wax can spike hair.

The only thing is whether it stays long enough.

Best if there is sunscreen in it and does not create further damage to the hair, of course.

• 7 months later...

Hi.... just wanted to get you guys to share some of your experiences and maybe solutions on hair loss.. how to avoid, prevent... or cure?

I've started going to Oriental Hair.. and signed up the package for 15 X. I can see some improvement after 5 times - as in baby hair seems to grow... but... does this mean that I have to continue the sessions....? Is there any DIY sort of thing I can do? Cos the sessions are AWFULLY expensive.... :B)

minoxidil with propecia works ...

or simply go for aremy hair...

But this is really a long term commitment lifetime treatment... The pills are not cheap also.. Abt $90 for one month supply.. The spray also ard $60 for 1-2 mth... Once you stop treatment ur hair will drop again... There is no solution for mphl

Balding is part of growing old that many guys cant run away from. And honestly, Ive embraced that fact a long time ago when I noticed my forehead getting gradually wider and the bald patch in the middle of my head growing from the size of a 20-cent coin to the size of a saucer.

Instead of relying on pills, medication, hair weaves, WIGS (!!!) Ive decided to keep my hair either super short or closely cropped. Ive recently buzzed my hair off so now I sport a headful of stubbles.

Wear yr lack of hair like a badge of maturity and seriously, clipper off whatever you have left. Feels so liberating. I perosnally find a grown up, balding gay man, who confidently wears a buzzed haircut very sexy.

get propexia from bkk pharmacist 1 box avg 50-60+ legit anyway buy 1 year supply save the cost of getting in SGP and needs doctor prescription

You might consider other brands (not just Propecia) containing 1mg of Finasteride. Propecia is a branded drug and it's very expensive if you consider taking the drug long term. Here in Pattaya, I am using Firide which costs about 20SGD for 30 tablets (1 month consumption). You will only need to take 1 tablet per day. The good thing in Thailand is that you don't need to get a prescription to buy these kind of drugs. I even bought antibiotics over the counter. :-)

I am taking early precautionary measures when I noticed that a lot of hair strands are left on my pillow in the morning when i get up from bed and when I shower, the water drain is clogged with hairs. My cousin who is a medical doctor advised me that it's better to take finasteride early to stop hair loss and hopefully (with fingers crossed), reverse the balding process. I don't know if it's only in my mind but I feel that balding guys look older compared to guys with full healthy hair on their heads. How I wish that the hair cloning study is medically validated soon for an ultimate solution to male pattern baldness.

Guest hairy not

You might consider other brands (not just Propecia) containing 1mg of Finasteride. Propecia is a branded drug and it's very expensive if you consider taking the drug long term. Here in Pattaya, I am using Firide which costs about 20SGD for 30 tablets (1 month consumption). You will only need to take 1 tablet per day. The good thing in Thailand is that you don't need to get a prescription to buy these kind of drugs. I even bought antibiotics over the counter. :-)

I am taking early precautionary measures when I noticed that a lot of hair strands are left on my pillow in the morning when i get up from bed and when I shower, the water drain is clogged with hairs. My cousin who is a medical doctor advised me that it's better to take finasteride early to stop hair loss and hopefully (with fingers crossed), reverse the balding process. I don't know if it's only in my mind but I feel that balding guys look older compared to guys with full healthy hair on their heads. How I wish that the hair cloning study is medically validated soon for an ultimate solution to male pattern baldness.

Hi

$20 for 30 tabs of Firide is so much cheaper than the $100 I pay for 1 box of 28 tabs of Propecia in Singapore.

Do you know of any reliable source in Thailand that I can buy firide online from? Thanks.

There is no difference in chemical formulation. They both contain 1mg of Finasteride - the drug that suppresses DHT production in our body. The recommended dosage by dermatologists is 1mg/day. Hence, you will only need to take 1 tablet daily.

Let me know when you are in Pattaya or Bangkok and I'll show you where to get the best price. I'd also be willing to show you around...I know some interesting places around here! Hehehehe...

Guest Guest1

On the packaging, it stated 1mg of Finasteride. However, our eyes cannot detect the chemical compound in the tablet. How do u know ur 1 mg of generic finasteride is pure?

This is why I prefer to get legitimate proscar and cut it into 5 smaller pieces

• 5 months later...
Guest FuzzyHair

Hey, just wanted to know if any of you guys tried the H4H Hair Formula Capsules sold by Eu Yan Sang. It cost $86 a bottle of 60 capsules. Had checked with them yesterday but they said that they are out of stock. It seems to be very popular, is it because it is an effective supplement? Love to hear your feedback if you are on it. Thank you!

http://www.euyansang...ormula-capsules

Gentle scalp massage will help. Place your palm on your head and squeeze, relax and squeeze. Repeat that a few times and then shift position.

Your scalp is like a garden and blood (bringing nutrients) will flow more strongly with scalp massage. In fact you will feel the warmth from the massage. I have done it for years and has nice lustrious hair.

Buff your finger nails by rubbing nails against nails using both hands. Will feel the tingling of electrical charges. But then you will have to do that for a long time over time to get hair to grow back again.

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest

http://www.hairdoctor.co.nz/Downloads_&_Links_files/14%20female%20things.pdf

10. WEIGHT GAIN WILL ACCELERATE YOUR HAIR LOSS

This is true because insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome

raise insulin levels which causes abdominal fat cells to suck in

calories and grow. These enlarged fat cells and the gut they grow

then worsen insulin resistance further in a vicious cycle. Have you

found that you gain weight more easily than your siblings and friends

even though you eat and exercise much the same? That’s insulin

resistance. Why does being overweight and bald seem to go

together? Insulin level spikes accelerate hair loss (by raising DHT)

and promote fat gain. That fat gain then raises insulin levels further.

Insulin resistance makes it harder but more important to control that

gut. A six pack and a fit body will slow your hair loss as well as

decrease your risk of an early death.

Guest Guest

Really? How you explain those fat furry gay bears?

Just an article i am showing... do not flame me....

PS: Please do not post if you intending to write something back to flame me... its an article i saw and thought i would like to share... I am not a dr etc..

Guest Guest

There's enough information and misinformation on the internet.

You can't go around sharing some uncertified hogwash and expect everyone to only agree and not disagree.

There are guys with 6packs and balding, there are also fatties full of hair.

NEXT!

Just an article i am showing... do not flame me....

PS: Please do not post if you intending to write something back to flame me... its an article i saw and thought i would like to share... I am not a dr etc..

Is that why you post as Guest? If you are an anonymous guest, why you worry people flaming you? You didn't even login with your member account.

Guest Guest

There's enough information and misinformation on the internet.

You can't go around sharing some uncertified hogwash and expect everyone to only agree and not disagree.

Just like those worshippers of a certain local actress who insist everyone calls her Queen and Ah Jie and decries all criticism of her.

• 4 weeks later...

I am taking propecia 1mg for the last 2 years for my hairloss but the result is not fantastic. The side effect is greater with loss of libido and breast tenderness. Now taking Dutasteride 0.5mg daily $100 for 30 softgels. My hairs have since grown back with full glory with no side effect. :clap:

I am taking propecia 1mg for the last 2 years for my hairloss but the result is not fantastic. The side effect is greater with loss of libido and breast tenderness. Now taking Dutasteride 0.5mg daily $100 for 30 softgels. My hairs have since grown back with full glory with no side effect. :clap:

where did u get them?

Think better to get Finpecia than Firide (unknown) at JB although more expensive but much cheaper than propecia. Finpecia is made by a listed company in USA.

Hi

$20 for 30 tabs of Firide is so much cheaper than the $100 I pay for 1 box of 28 tabs of Propecia in Singapore.

Do you know of any reliable source in Thailand that I can buy firide online from? Thanks.

there are good reasons why some drugs are only prescription items in singapore.

i was quite astonished during my clinical attachment that some drugs used in hypertension like calcium channel blockers and warfarin are sold like supplements in msia and people actually take them for "prophylaxis".

of course, if you think that getting your drugs overseas are reliable, aint stopping you. but many reports of dubious drugs on the market overseas. just gotta be more discerning i suppose.

---

Dignity is a facade we wear to hide our ignorance.

minoxidil does work somewhat. but it takes quite a while. and most people failed to use it properly.

males shld try the 5% one for best effect.

1ml to be used twice daily on DRIED scalp - else you'll dilute the concentration used. and you gotta use it continually for 6mths before you see a substiantial effect. and you cant stop halfway. else the hair will drop off. it's really just a maintenance therapy.

---

Dignity is a facade we wear to hide our ignorance.

• G_M changed the title to Hair Thinning / Hair Loss Problems / Hair Treatment & Hair Products Discussion (Compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.