Male HQ

Hair Thinning / Hair Loss Problems / Hair Treatment & Hair Products Discussion (Compiled)

Guest Help

You can order Finasteride (generic Propecia) here:

http://www.inhouseph...inasteride.aspx

They're reputable and professional.

I order the 5mg tablets and just cut them into 4.

Careful with 5mg tablets cutting into 4. I did that with prostar but was advised against it. When u cut the pills into 4 equal halfs, it doesnt mean that each part has 1.25mg of propecia..some could be 4mg..others almost nothing etc.,..

I am taking propecia 1mg for the last 2 years for my hairloss but the result is not fantastic. The side effect is greater with loss of libido and breast tenderness. Now taking Dutasteride 0.5mg daily $100 for 30 softgels. My hairs have since grown back with full glory with no side effect. :clap:

Is Dutasteride prescribed by your doctor? :o

Guest Balding

I switched to Dutasteride too. It work faster and more effective especially in regrowth of your hairs. The side effect is minimal as the dosage 0.5mg is much less than propecia. Propecia hair loss treatment you need to take 5mg as recommended in treatment trials oversea. 1mg is not so effective. Side effect with 5mg procecia is a problem for many (not revealed). Dutasteride is not for male with no hairs already. It is just one tad too late. I am taking fish collagen powder as well. It help to thicken my hair and nurse back my thinning hairs due to the DHT damage for the last 10 years. BTW i am only 35 years , single and balding.

Guest Guest

I have google Dutasteride ... But it didn't mention abt hair growth ... Yet it explains... " This medication is used in men to treat the symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia-BPH). It works by reducing the size of the enlarged prostate."

Correct me if I'm wrong ! Thanks

From my own survey, notice ppl with alot of hair on their head likes to eat sweet things while those with lesser hair likes to eat salty food, like myself! One of my friend who has alot of body hair and he told me he like to eat plenty of fruits! What do u thing?

Yes eating too salty food do cause your hairs to drop more. So have to avoid for those with hairloss.

Male pattern baldness happened to all males. This is to give a chance to younger males to attract the females.

Those males that do not have male pattern hairloss are actually born with a gene defect which actually help

to prevent hairloss. So sometimes having a defect is good! :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

minoxidil does work somewhat. but it takes quite a while. and most people failed to use it properly.

males shld try the 5% one for best effect.

1ml to be used twice daily on DRIED scalp - else you'll dilute the concentration used. and you gotta use it continually for 6mths before you see a substiantial effect. and you cant stop halfway. else the hair will drop off. it's really just a maintenance therapy.

how long does it takes to work? how many percent of hair will grow back?

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone. Hopefully I'm not starting another hair loss thread. If there is one, do let me know. Anyways I'm 27 yo and started to see my bald patch on the top.. And my forehead is getting balder.

Want to ask if there is any recommendation on shampoos or treatment?

Guest Guest

Seek medical attention immediately. Do not believe in over the counter hair loss remedies or hair treatment centres.

The best way to save your hair is when u still have hair (quoted from a poster I saw at a clinic)

Guest Raiden Alpha

Food therapy can assist in the fight against hair loss too. Try eating bean sprouts in the morning as breakfast for a month. It can significantly halt further hair loss.

You can try searching for more on this issue on the Internet or health topic books. It's not merely an old wives tale. Good luck.

Cut down on masturbation n sex thingy all. The more you do it, the more DHT(main culprit) will produce. You will slowly see better result after this. Do cover your head when going out, especially the weather like in Singapore(hot and many nature been removed and polluted). Do some exercise every week to sweat out. And most importantly, do not use hair loss products all. It will only get worst if you stop using it. Include multivit(green life, shaklee, berocca etc) for your daily basis. Do not dye, bleach, straighten, curl, wax, gel all thingy on your hair(especially hair scalp). Just alittle is ok. Try oil your hair twice or thrice a week using olive, coconut, amla or almond oil. Apply it at night and wash on the next day morning with shampoo(milk, almond, aloe vera is a good and safe for daily use). You do not need hair conditioner anymore if you use hair oil. Include pure tumeric powder to your daily drinks or meal. Cause it will lessen and reduce DHT formation.

Guest Raiden Alpha

A good diet and no chemical treatment like dyeing is a much better way to preserve your crowning glory,IMHO.

My grandfather still have a full head of jet black hair in his 70s when he was alive.

It's all in the diet, physical and mental health maintenance.

Refer to medusa post above for good tips and advice on hair loss prevention.

Topical products and magic potions have largely fail to live up to their claims and promise.

Guest BabyCub

hi there,

I had experienced this patch baldness 2 years back and I went tried many over the counter products and it did not work... from a 20cents patch baldness it comes a 50cents....

went to the family clinic and he gave me come shampoo and conditioner and tried... did not reali work and in the end was given injection on my scalp and to continue with the shampoo and conditioner.... and yes it works.....

hope tat helps.....

Guest 20 cents bald-patch

hi there,

I had experienced this patch baldness 2 years back and I went tried many over the counter products and it did not work... from a 20cents patch baldness it comes a 50cents....

went to the family clinic and he gave me come shampoo and conditioner and tried... did not reali work and in the end was given injection on my scalp and to continue with the shampoo and conditioner.... and yes it works.....

hope tat helps.....

hi, i had this 20 cents bald patch at the back of my head, went to see a skin doctor , had injections and cream and pills, almost 4 months, only a bit of hair is growing...who is your doctor? can recommend?

Guest The Other Brother

My brother uses Rogaine (or Regaine as called in Asia) and so far it has worked very well for him. he was losing hair very rapidly but with Rogaine, it has stopped shedding and you can't see the bald spot unless you stand right next to him and look carefully.

But you do have to use it every day and continuously with fail or else no effect.

But I think that's a good choice if you don't wanna use Propecia which induces impotence and other serious side effects.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A short intro about me. Im 25 this year and have been using Gatsby hair wax since Im 18. I have a really high forehead and my have really little and thin hair Recently I realise that I have receding hairline and a small little patch on top of my head.

My hair stylist told me that Gatsby hair wax is not good and will cause hair loss. Anyone has any experience with this?

He also told me to switch to a shampoo for hair loss and I bought Alpecin Caffeine shampoo to try. Anyone tried it and how was the product?

I dont smoke or drink and exercise and eat healthy so I guess my receding hairline could be cause by genetics as my Dad is balding also.

Please recommend any products that are good for thinning hair or any ways to slow down the process that works for you. Thanks in advance!

Balding is part of growing old. Some guys are lucky. They manage to have full heads of hair until they reach old age. I'm NOT part of this group. My hair started thinning in my early 20s.

The change is pretty gradual.  Im now in my late 30s and the 50-cent sized bald patch has grown to the size of a small plate.

I DO question the effectiveness of shampoos and such. However, you can try Propecia or Rogaine (Goodle them) but there ARE side effects. Ask your GP for advice.

For me, instead of combatting hair loss, I've learn to embrace it. Ive stopped applying gunk in my hair as wax, gels, etc tend to make hair clumpy and make my already sparse hair appear more sparse.

Ive learn to cut my hair really really short. Short hair looks very good on balding guys. Work with what you have instead of fighting it.

Invest in a good haircut. A Caesar cut is very suitable for guys touched by male pattern baldness. Ive noticed the look isnt too popular here but I do suggest you give it a try.

As my blading has progressed, I now have shaven sides and a longer crown. Ive also experimented with crewcuts and stuff.

As what I said, Ive learnt to work with what little I have left. And when the day comes for me to shave it all off, I WILL SHAVE IT ALL OFF.

Wear your baldness with confidence.

And Ive said it once so I shall say it again..Work with wot u have. Wear yr baldness with confidence like a badge of maturity.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

Guest -Paratrooper-

I DO question the effectiveness of shampoos and such. However, you can try Propecia or Rogaine (Goodle them) but there ARE side effects. Ask your GP for advice.

A friend of mine tried Propecia.

He said it worked, but he had to stop taking it because the side effects were too harsh: lowered sex drive and problems getting an erection.

Testosterone is the cause of hair loss and one sure way to stop hair loss is castration. Scientists do not yet know why not all men are affected.

If you want to know about yourself, look at your father and his father. Some say to look at the men from your mother or grandmother's side. Either way, it is genetic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Had anyone tried such treatment before? I have signed a package at Bxxxxxg1x1... Cost me $3000 plus for 10 sessions , each time I went , the consultant would persuade me to sign more packages ... Think the consultant is more interested to earn my money instead of giving me proper treatment ....regretted signing it ....

Had anyone tried such treatment before? I have signed a package at Bxxxxxg1x1... Cost me $3000 plus for 10 sessions , each time I went , the consultant would persuade me to sign more packages ... Think the consultant is more interested to earn my money instead of giving me proper treatment ....regretted signing it ....

you should have read the earlier threads in BW , ever have discussed about the pressure tactics of these business mided owners, remember Singapore have implemented the 14 days cooling off period for contracts signed, can you check with consumer association of Singapore for advice.

If you have read the classified information or employment section of our local newspapers, you would have read the ads for their recruitment of sales and hair consultants, they require very lowly educated people, but good in sales talk, persuasion, they give priority to people who have proven sales record in other field but in selling and sales talk,

the person doing your hair growth do not even need to know how your hair grow , how the body works, how we process food, no biology background alsocan, no chemical taining also can, they just follow what the company tell them to say, looking good and presentable is a plus, having a glib and fast tongue is a plus plus.

Never talk sense with the sales people, they are lowly educated sales person with a monthly sales target to meet, to earn extraordinary sales commission,

their tactic when you ask intelligent question is to answer something not what you asked, or diversion tactic, the best is not to step into their shop even got free trial,  you will feel pressured to sign up for their expensive yet scinetifically unproven hair growth technic, just think that are going for a very expensive hair wash and hair dyeing treatment, you will be pampered there , they will serve you like a king, serve you herbal tea, adress you as master, but when your session is over , your pocket will be lighter by $300 dollars less per session.

Geylang prostitute also dont cost this much, but at the end the pros make sure you come with an explosion, and sweat.

Beijing 0ne -   -   , whatever the name , even that one ang Moh name tricho _--- , is nothing but an expensive hair salon that also offer hair replacemnt with hair wigs , toupees, hair extensions and hair pieces,

Only doctors can give professional advice that they can back up with scientific evidence,  your $3000 you paid could have been saved to beused for doctors treatment , hair transplant, would cost you a few thousand dollars.

If you ever sign up for second package with that B one  0  one, you can give yourself a slap on the face to wake yourself up.

the girls doing the hair treatment dont even have A levels qualification, cannot tell panadol from aspirin, and you let them do herbal treatment on your scalp with a paste that is suppose to treat hair loss,they are not very different forom sales associate from Courts or Harvey Normans.

Guest Truthful

Go for hair transplant, my friend did it and the results are truly shown.

Although it cost more but it is worth considering putting in a few thousands more, esp you are already paying a decent sum of money with no guaranteed or scientically proven outcome. It is a one-off session but require a full day for the transplant, and you need to be patient to see the results, 6-9 months to see the new growths. It is definitely better than paying for a package for regular visits and everytime has to put up with the annoying sales talk and persuasion.

I've heard massaging the scalp with castor oil helps to stimulate hair growth and keep your hair healthy and strong. I just ordered a bottle online and gonna be trying this. I've been experience major hairfall eek! crying3.gifHopefully this works!

I've heard massaging the scalp with castor oil helps to stimulate hair growth and keep your hair healthy and strong. I just ordered a bottle online and gonna be trying this. I've been experience major hairfall eek! crying3.gifHopefully this works!

But should your hair be the oily type, it may worsen the condition as the oil may block the hair follicles ... Singapore hot and humid weather may not be suitable for using such product too...just food for thought ...

• G_M changed the title to Hair Thinning / Hair Loss Problems / Hair Treatment & Hair Products Discussion (Compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.