Male HQ

Food - Local Dishes

ikano

Hi all, since I have more time now, I try to cook more often, but I have failed miserably on two dishes . The two local dishes are: 1) Prawn sauced chicken (har jeong kai) and 2) cold crab. Any kind sifu over here can help.

I was told that you need a very good prawn sauce to merinate but the stall that I went to refuse to tell me the brand (because of trade secrect). Any idea which brand? Do I need a special batter?

Cold crab didn't taste like one. I tried looking for receipes in library etc, but to no avail. I did try using black vinegar and filling the shell with mince pork, prawn and fish cake. didn't work.

If you can do them well, please share them with our readers.

Thank you.

Hi all, since I have more time now, I try to cook more often, but I have failed miserably on two dishes . The two local dishes are: 1) Prawn sauced chicken (har jeong kai) and 2) cold crab. Any kind sifu over here can help.

I was told that you need a very good prawn sauce to merinate but the stall that I went to refuse to tell me the brand (because of trade secrect). Any idea which brand? Do I need a special batter?

There is one ready made ‘shrimp paste powder’ (har chong kai) in supermarket shelves and it's Spore made brand called Singlong, I think about $1.40-1.50 per pack and I always buy it at Sheng Siong or Shop & Save Supermarket. Another one is Malaysian made which I am unsure the brand name.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

• 12 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.