Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

Guest Avcii music rules

Avicii, top electronic dance music artist, found dead at 28

p0650jfy.jpg

Media captionThe DJ will be remembered for club hits like Levels, Wake Me Up and Hey Brother

Swedish DJ Avicii, one of the world's biggest dance music stars, has died in Oman at the age of 28.

Avicii's club anthems include Wake Me Up, Levels, and recently, Lonely Together with Rita Ora.

His representative said in a statement: "It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii.

"The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time."

No cause of death was announced, and Avicii's representative said no further statements would be issued.

DJ Maitrai Joshi (left) and Avicii (centre) at the Muscat Hills Resort in OmanImage copyrightMUSCAT HILLS RESORT Image captionOne of the last pictures of Avicii (centre), at a tourist resort near Muscat

The electronic dance music (EDM) star, who reportedly made $250,000 (£180,000) a night on tour, had struggled with some health issues in the past, having his gall bladder and appendix removed in 2014.

He announced his retirement from touring in 2016, partly because of the health problems.

"I know I am blessed to be able to travel all around the world and perform, but I have too little left for the life of a real person behind the artist," he said at the time.

Presentational grey line

Who was Avicii?

Skip Youtube post by AviciiOfficialVEVO
Warning: Third party content may contain adverts

End of Youtube post by AviciiOfficialVEVO

• One of the biggest names in dance music of the last 10 years, he had a catalogue full of pumping, uplifting, house smashes
  • He started his career when he won a production competition held by Pete Tong in 2008
  • He went on to notch up 11 billion streams on Spotify and was the first EDM DJ to stage a worldwide arena tour
  • He was nominated for two Grammy Awards and had nine UK top 10 singles, including two number ones
  • He suffered from health problems including acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking
Presentational grey line
Skip Twitter post by @Madonna

End of Twitter post by @Madonna

Presentational white space

He later announced a return to the studio, and released a new self-titled EP in 2017.

The EP, Avĩci (01), was nominated for a Billboard music award for top electronic album just days before his death.

As well as working with the likes of Aloe Blacc and Rita Ora, Avicii collaborated with artists including Madonna and Coldplay.

Former Radio 1 DJ Judge Jules, who often performed alongside him, said his biggest achievement was being the first electronic dance star to break America.

"He was the first huge commercial star," Judge Jules told the BBC. "He really became someone who couldn't go out on the street, he was so heavily recognised."

Other leading electronic artists wrote tributes to Bergling after the news of his death.

Skip Twitter post by @CalvinHarris

End of Twitter post by @CalvinHarris

Skip Twitter post by @deadmau5

End of Twitter post by @deadmau5

Singer Dua Lipa tweeted: "Such sad news to hear about Avicii passing. Too young and way too soon. My condolences go out to his family, friends and fans."

US band Imagine Dragons tweeted: "Working with him was one of my favourite collaborative moments. Far too young. The world was a happier and fuller place with his presence and art."

"No words can describe the sadness I'm feeling right now, hearing about Avicii passing away," offered DJ Zedd, while singer Adam Lambert, who collaborated on the track Lay Me Down, called him "a brilliant composer and a gentle spirit."

5 minutes ago, Guest Avcii music rules said:

p0650jfy.jpg

Media captionThe DJ will be remembered for club hits like Levels, Wake Me Up and Hey Brother

Swedish DJ Avicii, one of the world's biggest dance music stars, has died in Oman at the age of 28.

Avicii's club anthems include Wake Me Up, Levels, and recently, Lonely Together with Rita Ora.

His representative said in a statement: "It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii.

"The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time."

No cause of death was announced, and Avicii's representative said no further statements would be issued.

DJ Maitrai Joshi (left) and Avicii (centre) at the Muscat Hills Resort in OmanImage copyrightMUSCAT HILLS RESORT Image captionOne of the last pictures of Avicii (centre), at a tourist resort near Muscat

The electronic dance music (EDM) star, who reportedly made $250,000 (£180,000) a night on tour, had struggled with some health issues in the past, having his gall bladder and appendix removed in 2014.

He announced his retirement from touring in 2016, partly because of the health problems.

"I know I am blessed to be able to travel all around the world and perform, but I have too little left for the life of a real person behind the artist," he said at the time.

Presentational grey line

Who was Avicii?

• One of the biggest names in dance music of the last 10 years, he had a catalogue full of pumping, uplifting, house smashes
  • He started his career when he won a production competition held by Pete Tong in 2008
  • He went on to notch up 11 billion streams on Spotify and was the first EDM DJ to stage a worldwide arena tour
  • He was nominated for two Grammy Awards and had nine UK top 10 singles, including two number ones
  • He suffered from health problems including acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking
Presentational grey line

He later announced a return to the studio, and released a new self-titled EP in 2017.

The EP, Avĩci (01), was nominated for a Billboard music award for top electronic album just days before his death.

As well as working with the likes of Aloe Blacc and Rita Ora, Avicii collaborated with artists including Madonna and Coldplay.

Former Radio 1 DJ Judge Jules, who often performed alongside him, said his biggest achievement was being the first electronic dance star to break America.

"He was the first huge commercial star," Judge Jules told the BBC. "He really became someone who couldn't go out on the street, he was so heavily recognised."

Other leading electronic artists wrote tributes to Bergling after the news of his death.

Singer Dua Lipa tweeted: "Such sad news to hear about Avicii passing. Too young and way too soon. My condolences go out to his family, friends and fans."

US band Imagine Dragons tweeted: "Working with him was one of my favourite collaborative moments. Far too young. The world was a happier and fuller place with his presence and art."

"No words can describe the sadness I'm feeling right now, hearing about Avicii passing away," offered DJ Zedd, while singer Adam Lambert, who collaborated on the track Lay Me Down, called him "a brilliant composer and a gentle spirit."

He composed nice songs! Sad news ~

'Mini-Me' actor Verne Troyer dead at 49

AFP News • 12 hours ago

Verne Troyer, best known for his role as Mini-Me in the "Austin Powers" movies, died Saturday. He was 49.

While no cause of death was given, a statement on the actor's social media accounts said he had gone through a "recent time of adversity" and alluded to suicide and depression as "serious issues."

"Over the years he's struggled and won, struggled and won, struggled and fought some more, but unfortunately this time was too much," it added.

"Depression and Suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one another. And always know, it's never too late to reach out to someone for help."

Troyer, who lived in Los Angeles, was taken to hospital early this month for unspecified treatment. The actor spoke about his alcohol addiction during another hospital stay a year ago.

One of the world's shortest men at just two feet eight inches (81 centimeters) due to achondroplasia dwarfism, according to reports, Troyer was born in 1969 in Sturgis, Michigan.

He first entered show business as a stunt person in "Baby's Day Out" (1994).

"In 1993, I was working for Sprint in customer service, and a friend of mine who was the president of LPA -- Little People of America -- got a phone call from the producers of 'Baby's Day Out,' and they were wondering if there was anyone close to a stand-in size," he recalled in a 2012 interview with Hollywood Chicago.

"I guess they searched worldwide and couldn't find anyone. I sent in my picture, and they flew me out to Hollywood to meet with them. Two days later, they offered me the job, and I quit my job at Sprint."

- 'Extremely caring' -

Tributes poured in for the small man with an outsized personality.

"Verne was the consummate professional and a beacon of positivity for those of us who had the honor of working with him," Mike Myers, his "Austin Powers" co-star said in a statement. "It is a sad day, but I hope he is in a better place. He will be greatly missed."

Oscar-winning actress Marlee Matlin said she was "so sad" over the news of Troyer's death.

"A lovely smile with a caring and big heart, he helped raise money on behalf of @starkeycares for free hearing aids for deaf and hard of hearing people. RIP," added Matlin, who is deaf.

Ludacris posted on Instagram a photograph of himself with Troyer strapped to him in a baby carrier, taken from the rapper's "Number One Spot" music video. The pair are wearing the same gray costume.

"R.I.P. Verne Troyer aka Mini Me. You made it to that #1 Spot Glad we got to make history," Ludacris wrote.

In addition to his breakout role as the "Mini-Me" -- a diminutive, hairless clone of villain Dr Evil -- in the first Austin Powers movie "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me," Troyer was also known for playing Griphook in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."

"Verne was an extremely caring individual. He wanted to make everyone smile, be happy and laugh. Anybody in need, he would help to any extent possible," added the post on Troyer's social media accounts.

"He inspired people around the world with his drive, determination and attitude."

TOKYO (AP) — The world's oldest person, a 117-year-old Japanese woman, has died.

Nabi Tajima died in a hospital Saturday evening in the town of Kikai in southern Japan, town official Susumu Yoshiyuki said. She had been hospitalized since January.

Tajima, born on Aug. 4, 1900, was the last known person born in the 19th century. She raised seven sons and two daughters and reportedly had more than 160 descendants, including great-great-great grandchildren.

She became the world's oldest person after the death in September of Violet Brown of Jamaica, also at the age of 117. Video on Japanese television showed Tajima moving her hands to the beat of music played on traditional Japanese instruments at a ceremony to mark the achievement.

Tajima's town of Kikai is a small island of about 7,000 people halfway between Okinawa and Kyushu, the southernmost of Japan's four main islands.

The U.S.-based Gerontology Research Group says that another Japanese woman, Chiyo Miyako, is now the world's oldest person. Miyako lives in Kanagawa prefecture, south of Tokyo, and turns 117 on May 2.

Guinness World Records certified 112-year-old Masazo Nonaka of northern Japan as the world's oldest man earlier this month, and was planning to recognize Tajima as the world's oldest person.

On 22/04/2018 at 2:14 PM, Guest Avcii music rules said:

p0650jfy.jpg

Presentational grey line

Who was Avicii?

Presentational grey line

So sad. I like his mtv levels

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
6 minutes ago, bigdanbeam said:

黎明  (malaysian actress), aged 90. The Fab auntie

She also acted as Fann Wong's mother in 老师嫁老大 

Guest ReevesIsTheSuperMan

For the old timers, Superman's iconic girlfriend  Lois Lane has passed on.. The scene of her dangling dangerously in the falling helicopter only to be rescued by Superman in the classic 1978 Superman movie will always stick in my mind. RIP..

Superman actress Margot Kidder dies at age 69.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/superman-actress-margot-kidder-dead-at-age-69-montana-funeral-home

Guest ReevesIsTheSuperMan

Before the Avengers, before X-Men, before Batman, there was the classic blockbuster Superman movie in 1978 who broke new grounds in special effects and introduced the Superhero gene to movie goers around globe when it first premiered. Such cool good looking leads, Christopher Reeves as the immaculate chiseled Superman, Margot Kidder as the cool cigarette smoking reporter gf in distress. & that iconic theme song from John Williams !! It's sad that both leads re no longer around. Below is the clip from youtube to reminisce the good old moments from the movie. For old timers only ! Enjoy the nostalgic good old times.

Japanese singer Hideki Saijo dies of heart failure

Hideki Saijo caught the eye of many fans with his energetic singing style.PHOTO: FACEBOOK/I LOVE HIDEKI SAIJO!

PUBLISHED 23 MIN AGO

TOKYO - He suffered a stroke in 2011 but 40 days later, boosted by rehabilitation work, Japanese singer Hideki Saijo was back performing on stage, seated in a chair.

On Wednesday (May 16), Saijo, who said he did not quit show business because he wanted to stay positive and inspire others dealing with health issues, died at age 63.

His agency said he died of heart failure in a hospital in Yokohama, NHK World reported.

Saijo, who was born in Hiroshima City and made his debut at 17, caught the eye of many fans with his energetic singing style.

He also made his mark in other Asian countries, including a performance in 1998 at the Great Wall to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the signing of the Japan-China peace and friendship treaty.

《YMCA》西城秀樹離世 終年63歲

【新增內容】曾唱出《YMCA》紅遍亞洲的日本著名男星西城秀樹,今日傳來死訊,據日本傳媒指,西城在上月25日與家人享受天倫期間因心臟衰竭暈倒,送院後一直昏迷,延至昨日在橫濱醫院逝世,終年63歲。

西城秀樹分別在2003及2011年中風,在兩度中風後其健康已大不如前,雖然不良於行及口齒不清,但近年為家人仍堅持站台發放正能量,可惜他昨晚與世長辭,其家人將為西城在下周五黃昏於東京青山葬儀所設靈,翌日早上11時出殯。

西城秀樹曾風靡萬千少女,可惜中風令他留有半身麻痹的後遺症,但是他積極接受治療,並重返舞台開騷,其毅力令人欣賞。西城秀樹去年曾亮相當地電視節目公開近況,與女星芳村真理聚舊話當年,雖然西城受中風影響導致口齒不清,但他仍有問有答,更眼仔睩睩笑言自己沒有肚腩及並非戴假髮,在鏡頭前不失風趣。

Edited by GachiMuchi

• 3 weeks later...

Kate Spade coined the term, "Affordable luxury" with the bags she designed.

I do not know the real reason for the suicide but I reckon she must have suffered from ... to end her life. 

She was probably most remembered by Singaporeans because of this MP, Tin Pei Ling.

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=kate+spade+tin+pei+ling&rlz=1C1CHBF_enSG734SG734&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwim-Py09L3bAhUSfCsKHWnRBjsQ_AUICigB&biw=1098&bih=438

CNN's Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

By Brian Stelter, CNN

Updated 1508 GMT (2308 HKT) June 8, 2018

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, the gifted chef, storyteller and writer who took TV viewers around the world to explore culture, cuisine and the human condition for nearly two decades, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.
Bourdain was in France working on an upcoming episode of his award-winning CNN series, "Parts Unknown." His close friend Eric Ripert, the French chef, found Bourdain unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.
Anthony Bourdain on January 4, 2017, in Port of Spain, Trinidad

Anthony Bourdain on January 4, 2017, in Port of Spain, Trinidad
"It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain," the network said in a statement Friday morning. "His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique 
"His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time."
Bourdain joined CNN five years ago. In an email to employees, the network's president, Jeff Zucker, remembered him as an "exceptional talent."
"Tony will be greatly missed not only for his work but also for the passion with which he did it," Zucker wrote.
Viewers around the world felt connected to Bourdain through his fearless travels, his restless spirit and his magical way with words. Fans, fellow chefs, celebrities and friends reacted to his death with stunned sorrow.
"My heart breaks for Tony Bourdain," CNN's chief international correspondent, Christiane Amanpour, wrote on Twitter. "May he rest in peace now.
"He was a friend, a collaborator, and family. A huge personality, a giant talent, a unique voice, and deeply, deeply human. My heart goes out to his daughter and family, and his longtime partners and friends at (production company) ZPZ."

My heart breaks for Tony Bourdain. May he rest in peace now. He was a friend, a collaborator, and family. A huge personality, a giant talent, a unique voice, and deeply, deeply human. My heart goes out to his daughter and family, and his longtime partners and friends at ZPZ.

Author and humorist John Hodgman recalled eating with Bourdain some 14 years ago.
"He was big even then, but he took time to sit with me in Chinatown to talk 'weird' food for a magazine piece I was writing. He taught me that our 'weird' is the world's delicious," Hodgman wrote on Twitter. "We ate chicken feet. The afternoon vibrated with life. RIP."

I ate with Bourdain. Probably 2004. He was big even then but he took time to sit with me in Chinatown to talk “weird” food for a magazine piece I was writing. He taught me that our “weird” is the world’s delicious. We ate chicken feet. The afternoon vibrated with life. RIP

Chef Gordon Ramsay said Bourdain "brought the world into our homes and inspired so many people to explore cultures and cities through their food."

'The Elvis of bad boy chefs'

Bourdain was a master of his crafts -- first in the kitchen and then in the media. Through his TV shows and books, he helped audiences think differently about food, travel and themselves. He advocated for marginalized populations and campaigned for safer working conditions for restaurant staffs.
Along the way, he received practically every award the industry has to offer.
In 2013, Peabody Award judges honored Bourdain and "Parts Unknown" for "expanding our palates and horizons in equal measure."
"He's irreverent, honest, curious, never condescending, never obsequious," the judges said. "People open up to him and, in doing so, often reveal more about their hometowns or homelands than a traditional reporter could hope to document."
The Smithsonian once called him "the original rock star" of the culinary world, "the Elvis of bad boy chefs."
A New Yorker article put Bourdain on the map in 1999. Its title: "Don't Eat Before Reading This."
"In America, the professional kitchen is the last refuge of the misfit. It's a place for people with bad pasts to find a new family," he wrote. The article became a best-selling book in 2000, "Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly."
"When the book came out, it very quickly transformed my life -- I mean, changed everything," he told NPR.
Bourdain found himself on a path to international stardom. First, he hosted "A Cook's Tour" on the Food Network, then moved to the Travel Channel with "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations," a breakout hit that earned two Emmy Awards and more than a dozen nominations.
In 2013, both Bourdain and CNN took a risk by bringing him to the news network still best known for breaking news and headlines. Bourdain quickly became one of the principal faces of the network and one of the linchpins of its prime-time schedule.
Season 11 of "Parts Unknown" premiered last month on CNN.
While accepting the Peabody award in 2013, Bourdain described how he approached his work.
"We ask very simple questions: What makes you happy? What do you eat? What do you like to cook? And everywhere in the world we go and ask these very simple questions," he said, "we tend to get some really astonishing answers."
Bourdain's death came days after fashion designer Kate Spade hanged herself in an apparent suicide Tuesday at her Manhattan apartment.
Suicide is a growing problem in the United States. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published a survey Thursday showing suicide rates increased by 25% across the United States over nearly two decades ending in 2016. Twenty-five states experienced a rise in suicides by more than 30%, the government report finds.

Edited by GachiMuchi

Sorry not starting a war here but I sincerely wish he can do some editing here.

I wonder who is this uncouth forum user above until I read his name.

He should have known better about re-sizing the fonts and to provide all the necessary links.

It is such a shocker to hear that famous, successful people commit suicide!

while an insignificant old man like me is happy to be alive

and a big wish is to reach the 100s in relative good shape.

Maybe death is the ultimate equalizer

that makes justice, injustice, good, bad irrelevant,

so it is desirable to reach that state of peace.

We don't know if this is true or false, if karma

and reincarnation is a reality or a speculation.

But even if death is desirable, there must be a rule

that it has to come by itself and not be forced.

Guest 脏子姨
19 hours ago, abang said:

Sorry not starting a war here but I sincerely wish he can do some editing here.

I wonder who is this uncouth forum user above until I read his name.

He should have known better about re-sizing the fonts and to provide all the necessary links.

Yes, 母鸡就是母鸡, Muchi will always be the troll of the forum.

23 minutes ago, Guest 脏子姨 said:

Yes, 母鸡就是母鸡, Muchi will always be the troll of the forum.

And cowardly anonymous "guests" will be cowardly anonymous "guests".

I found GM's post quite interesting.  More than reading about all those who simply die.  We will all die.

There is plenty of news about Anthony Bourdain these days, and today I heard that there is suspicion that he suffered severe loneliness.

WHAT???  A guy like Bourdain succumbing to loneliness?  Why don't half of us gays commit suicide out of loneliness?

If this suspicion is real, then Bourdain was a champion of SELF PITY.

Another speculation one can make is that getting older he noticed a decline in one of the many things that decline with age, and he became depressed by that.  If this should be a justification for suicide, then most of us old folks would be dead long ago.  To avoid decline by committing suicide should be very COWARD.

Self-pity and cowardly.  What else can one add?  Economic troubles? hardly possible.  Relationship gone bad?  he was too old to fall for that.  And what about his 11 year old daughter? How could he take refuge in death and leave her without a father?

Of course, I am only speculating.  Only he knew the real reason.  But still, my esteem and respect for that person has fallen precipitously.

I don't know how many BWers remember him? 

** He was the thespian of Nyonya Culture.

Image result for kenny chan nyonya

Malaysian Baba dan Nyonya star Kenny Chan dies aged 68

SINGAPORE: Veteran Malaysian actor Kenny Chan - known for his cross-dressing lead role in a television series - died on Tuesday (Jun 12) at the age of 68. Mr Chan's wife, Ms Fern Loo, said he was hospitalised in Melaka on Monday after a lung infection.   "We thought he would recover," Ms Loo told The Star.    Mr Chan leaves behind three children. 

The star was most famous for cross-dressing for the lead role of Bibik Neo in one of the longest-running TV shows in Malaysia, Baba dan Nyonya, which racked up 509 episodes.  Mr Chan also owned a restaurant called Big Nyonya and according to The Star, was set to begin work as an adviser for a Chinese documentary series about the Peranakan community. 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/malaysian-baba-dan-nyonya-star-kenny-chan-dies-aged-68-10426688

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 1 month later...
Guest Sadnews

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/hong-kong-pop-star-ellen-joyce-loo-dies-in-fall-from-building-at-age-32

Hong Kong pop star Ellen Joyce Loo dies in fall from building at age 32

Ellen Joyce Loo was found dead at the scene outside a Happy Valley residence in Hong Kong on Aug 5, 2018.PHOTO: ST FILE

PUBLISHED

52 MIN AGO

Derek Wong

Hong Kong pop star Ellen Joyce Loo died at age 32 on Sunday (Aug 5) outside a Happy Valley residence, according to local reports.

The police received a report of a person falling from a building in Sing Woo Road at about 9.50am.

A police source said that it was the singer and added that Loo was found dead at the scene. Police investigations are ongoing.

Toronto-born Loo moved to Hong Kong when she was four.In 2001 at the age of 15, she formed a band called at17 with Eman Lam. In 2010, Loo struck out on her own in Taiwan.

She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2013.

Last year, she came out as a lesbian, thanking her wife Fisher Yu during her speech while collecting an award at the 28th Golden Melody Awards in Taiwan.

HELPLINES

Samaritans Of Singapore: 1800-221-4444

Singapore Association For Mental Health: 1800-283-7019

Institute Of Mental Health's Mobile Crisis Service: 6389-2222

Care Corner Counselling Centre (Mandarin): 1800-353-5800

Silver Ribbon: 6386-1928

Tinkle Friend: 1800-274-4788

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Big Bang Theorist

R.I.P. Steve Ditko (November 2, 1927 - June 29, 2018)

Artist Steve Ditko, who co-created Spider-Man and Doctor Strange with Stan Lee, has died. In addition to his work on Peter Parker and Stephen Strange, Ditko also introduced the most iconic Iron Man suit of all time: the first armor in red and gold—a color scheme that would come to define the character. He also refined the helmet design from "a bucket on someone's head" to its sleeker incarnation. Ditko also, reportedly, was the one who decided Bruce Banner would transform into the Hulk in times of emotional stress and anger, instead of just when provoked by the multiple triggers the series had been using.

Guest Be Respectful
19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Who is that? Is she famous?

Don't be like that. Type her name into Google, Bing, etc. Aretha Franklin is known as the "Queen of Soul" for a reason. She was the daughter of a somewhat prominent Black American minister and started singing in his church as a young girl. While a teenager and young adult she helped Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. during the Civil Rights Movement. Her most famous songs are probably "Respect" ... "Think" ... "Chain Of Fools" ... "You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman" ... and "I Say A Little Prayer" as seen in the clip above.

Aretha Franklin is the most charted female singer in history, and won 18 Grammys, including eight in a row for Best Female R&B Vocalist from 1968 to 1975. And just when people thought her career might be fading in the 1980s, she returned to the charts with hits like "Jump To It" ... "Freeway Of Love" ... and "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me" alongside George Michael. Her song "A Rose Is Still A Rose" became popular in gay dance clubs in 1998. Barack Obama even cried happy tears at one of her performances in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

新谣阿姐颜黎明病逝

发布/2018年9月22日 7:45 PM更新/2018年9月22日 8:03 PM/罗瑱玲

网上传出新谣阿姐颜黎明(55岁)病逝,记者刚联系上许环良,他证实消息。他说也是刚收到香港朋友的通知,颜黎明在医院病逝。

颜黎明旅居香港多年,2016年4月,她透过海蝶音乐公布患上罕见癌症——滑膜肉瘤(synovial sarcoma)。当时在香港的她,接受本地媒体电访时透露,早在2013年被确诊患上滑膜肉瘤,隔年又被确诊患乳癌。由于滑膜肉瘤多长在肺部,她过去三年已动了5次手术,其中4次是切除肿瘤,一次则切掉一片肺,也影响了声线。幸好切除乳癌肿瘤后,她的身体已无大碍。

个性乐观的颜黎明当时透露,完成了25次电疗后,与老公飞到东京赏樱,当时她说,“我的状态很好,能吃能睡,根本不像癌症病人”,俨然是抗癌勇士。可惜她最终不敌病痛。

前年的“明天34”新谣系列演唱会上,颜黎明虽然在养病,仍坚持赴约。去年的“明天35”演唱会,她也再次赴约,她说很期待与新谣的老朋友及歌迷这个一年一次的聚会。但今年的“明天36”演唱会,她缺席,当时就传出她健康再亮红灯。她的音乐战友“海蝶音乐”吴剑锋及“弹唱人制作室”负责人蔡忆仁曾传问候简讯,但都“已读没回”。如今传出她病逝,令人惋惜。

Guest ghee meng

this news already reported in thread called celebrities who have passed away.

Was she really that influential, was she even a mini celebrity.

what song was she instrumental in its creation.

18 minutes ago, Guest ghee meng said:

Passed away so early, still young at 55yo.

2 hours ago, Guest ghee meng said:

Although she may not be a hot local celebrity like Tanya etc.. She's definitely one of the legend in our Singapore xinyao folk song .Pls have some respect for her! 

• HendryTan changed the title to XinYao Ah Jie 颜黎明 passes away from synovial sarcoma
  • 1 month later...

武侠小说泰斗金庸逝世 本地媒体人和学者纷纷缅怀

2018年10月31日 07:38

武侠小说泰斗金庸。(照片:中国日报网)

著名武侠小说家金庸逝世,本地媒体人和学者纷纷缅怀这位武侠小说泰斗。

曾经在《新明日报》担任娱乐编辑的陆大地在接受本主持人黄淑君访问时说,金庸1960年代在本地创办了《新明日报》,并在报纸上连载《笑傲江湖》,这也是唯一率先在新加坡报章连载的金庸小说。

陆大地也回忆起当时金庸创作小说的情景。

“他下午大概一、两点过来,就借用一下总编辑的办公室,就在总编的办公室里写《笑傲江湖》,大概写两千左右的字,写完一张稿纸,排字坊的工友就过来把那张稿纸拿去排版,写一张、拿一张,每天就是这样,就是这样完成每天的那一段小说,因为他还没有写小说之前是在电影公司当编剧,所以对他来说,写小说就好像写连续剧一样。”

新加坡华文教研中心院长陈志锐博士也回忆起他有幸同金庸接触的情景。陈志锐2006年在英国剑桥大学修读博士学位,而金庸当时也前往剑桥大学研究历史,陈志锐在迎新会上,以学长的身份同金庸碰面。

“没有想到那时候就见到了金庸先生,那时候我们就带着那种小粉丝的心态,非常紧张,但是看到他,大家立刻就舒缓了下来,为什么呢,因为金庸先生非常非常的豪爽,讲话非常的客气,完全没有任何的架子,我还记得当天大家聊得非常开心,其实他已经有荣誉博士了,还要念一个博士学位,真的是追求学问,活到老、学到老。”

Edited by GachiMuchi

• G_M changed the title to 武侠小说泰斗金庸逝世 本地媒体人和学者纷纷缅怀 Legendary Chinese martial arts novelist Jin Yong dies at age of 94

Famed Chinese martial arts novelist Jin Yong dies, aged 94: Hong Kong media

Louis Cha, also known as Jin Yong, is known for writing the Legends Of The Condor Heroes series of books.

HONG KONG - Famed Chinese martial arts novelist Jin Yong has died at the age of 94, Hong Kong media reported on Tuesday (Oct 30).

The novelist, whose real name is Louis Cha, died at the Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital, said Apple Daily News.

He died on Tuesday afternoon, said Ming Pao Daily News. No cause of death was given.

In April, The New Yorker magazine said he had "been frail since suffering a stroke in 1997". During an interview with the magazine in 2014, "he is unable to walk or write, and speaks with difficulty, relying on a retinue", it added.

Apply Daily also reported that Cha's friend, writer Chip Tsao, said that the wuxia great did not leave any last words.

He said: "He was not in good health this year, he was getting old and his organs were starting to fail and he could not speak very clearly."

A former journalist and newspaper editor, Cha was considered the grandfather of Chinese martial arts, or wuxia, fiction. He was known for writing the Legends Of The Condor Heroes series of books.

Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau, who shot to fame with his role as Yang Guo in the 1983 TV adaptation of  Return Of The Condor Heroes, was contacted by iQiyi for his thoughts on Cha's passing.

Lau said: "Jin Yong is a genius in the world of wuxia fiction. It was fate that led me to play Yang Guo, a character he penned."

He added: "I've actually always asked about his health and his death is definitely a huge loss to the wuxia world. I hope he rests in peace and I send my condolences to his family."

Other stars including Alec Su, Wang Leehom and Jordan Chan also posted their condolences. Chan, who acted as Wei Xiaobao in one of the TV adaptations of Cha's The Deer And The Cauldron, said on Chinese microblogging site Weibo: "Xiaobao bids farewell, Swordsman Cha, may you leave in peace."

Bollywood actor Aamir Khan, star of popular Indian film Three Idiots, also posted on Weibo about Cha's passing, professing himself a fan of Cha.

He said: "I am very saddened to hear the sad news of Mr Louis Cha passing away. His book The Deer and The Cauldron gave me a lot of joy. I read it just a few months back. I wish I could have met him. He has given so much joy to so many generations. I am his big fan. I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences to his family. May he rest in peace."

Cha's works were largely set in the world of the jianghu, a pugilistic society where martial arts exponents travel China trading blows, teaching skills and upholding a strict code of honour.

He was one of the best-selling Chinese authors, with more than 300 million copies of his works sold worldwide.

https://user.guancha.cn/main/content?id=49504

金庸去世:怀念的人这么多,懂他的人有几个?

最爱历史 同名微信公号:最爱历史昨天 14:10

金庸(1924-2018)走了。

94岁的大侠,随手带走了一个时代。曾经跟金庸有过一番论战的王朔说过:

“像我这样的年龄,每年都会有亲友去世,每个人去世对我都是一个打击,二十多岁时我所有朋友都在结婚生孩子,三四十岁时都在离婚,现在每年都要死几个,再往后只会越死越多,一代人终要前后脚死。” 

金庸。

总归《天龙八部》说得好:

红颜弹指老,刹那芳华,与其天涯思君,恋恋不舍,莫若相忘于江湖。

1 其实,金庸早已“死”过一回。

1976年10月,金庸19岁的大儿子査传侠,在美国为情上吊自杀。接到噩耗的时候,52岁的金庸正在给报纸写社论。他强忍着悲痛,一边写稿一边流泪。后来,他一度想跟随儿子自杀:

“当时我有一个强烈的疑问,(他)为什么要自杀?为什么忽然厌弃了生命?我想到阴世去和传侠会面,要他向我解释这个疑问。”

五个月后的1977年3月,金庸在单行本的《倚天屠龙记》后记中写道:

“张三丰见到张翠山自刎时的悲痛,谢逊听到张无忌死讯时的伤心,书中写得也太肤浅了,真实人生中不是这样的。因为那时候我还不明白。”

生命的苦痛,纸上得来终觉浅,“因为那时候我还不明白”。

在经历至亲的离世后,他彷徨苦痛,几欲轻生,后来,金庸将自己一手创办的《明报》卖给于品海。有人说,那是因为于品海长得像他的儿子查传侠。

记者问及此事,金庸回答说:“理性上我没这样想。但他跟我大儿子同年,都属猴,相貌也的确有点像,潜意识上不知不觉有亲近的感觉,可能有。” 

金庸与长子查传侠(左一)、长女查传诗(右一)。

金庸沉浸在对长子的思念中难以自拔,一直到后来,他看到了《格林童话》里的一则故事。

故事里说,有一个妈妈,死了儿子,她整日以泪洗面,她去问神父,为什么她的儿子会死,能不能让他的儿子复活?

神父说:“可以,你拿一只碗,一家一家去乞讨。如果有一家没死过人,就让他们给你一粒米,你乞够了十粒米,你的儿子就会复活。”

那位妈妈很开心,就挨家挨户去乞讨,可一路乞讨过后,她才发现,原来每家每户都有亲人去世过,最终,这位妈妈一粒米也没有乞讨到。

她最终觉悟到,亲人去世,是人世间谁也无法避免的。于是,她开始感到安慰。

金庸说,从此后,他开始学会接受,并潜心研修佛法。

挚爱来去匆匆,人世间,生亦何欢,死亦何苦?

2 这种苦痛,金庸一再承受。

1951年,那时还未开始写武侠小说、还未取笔名金庸的27岁的查良镛听到消息,说他的父亲查枢卿,在人民专政的“镇反”运动中,被以“不法地主罪”的罪名枪决杀害。

他的父亲查枢卿,是上海震旦大学的早期毕业生,在他的故乡浙江海宁周济乡里,在民国时曾经一次就捐出1000亩水田作为“义田”,是远近闻名的慈善家。然而,查枢卿终究死于新时代的“镇反”风潮。

很多年后,金庸在自传散文《月云》里回忆了这件事:

“从山东来的军队打进了宜官的家乡,宜官的爸爸被判定是地主,欺压农民,处了死刑。宜官在香港哭了三天三晚,伤心了大半年。但他没有痛恨杀了他爸爸的军队。因为处死的地主有上千上万,这是天翻地覆的大变。”

“宜官”,是金庸的小名。  

后来,他在小说里写了许多个身负杀父之仇的少年故事。故事里,那些少年总在寻找自己的父亲。杨过在找父亲,乔峰在找父亲,段誉在找父亲,虚竹在找父亲,石破天在找父亲,张无忌在找义父。

那些主角,都在找父亲。

1981年,邓.小.平在北京接见金庸。交谈中,邓主动谈起金庸父亲的事,并表示要“团结起来向前看”,金庸则回答说:

“人入黄泉不能复生,算了吧!” 

1981年,邓.小.平接见金庸。

此次会面后,浙江省海宁县委、县政府开始组织调查组,对金庸父亲查枢卿被杀案件进行复查。

复查结果说是“冤假错案”,遂由浙江省海宁县法院撤销原判,宣告“原判认定查枢卿不法地主罪的事实不能成立,判处查枢卿死刑属错杀。”并给予平反昭雪。

得到消息后,金庸专门写信给浙江海宁县委,信中说:

“大时代中变乱激烈,情况复杂,多承各位善意,审查三十余年旧案,判决家父无罪,存殁俱感,谨此奉书,着重致谢!”

尽管父亲的血案已过多年,他总是记得,在教会学校震旦大学毕业的父亲查枢卿,有一年圣诞节,送给他一本狄更斯的小说《圣诞颂歌》作为节日礼物。

许多年过去了,在写张无忌、乔峰、杨过那些父亲莫名失踪或是死去的人物角色时,他身边总是带着父亲当年送给他的那本小说《圣诞颂歌》,他总是记得父亲温和的样子。

谁能明白,失去父亲张翠山的张无忌,和听闻义子“死讯”的义父谢逊,那些小说里生离死别的苦痛,却都是字字锥心的血泪之言?

3 金庸的人生是一部百年中国史,而他的家族和他的小说,却是一部千年中国史。

他本是世家望族出身。

金庸,本名查良镛。元朝末年,金庸的先祖查瑜,从江西婺源迁居到今天的浙江嘉兴海宁。根据明清两代海宁查家的人口研究表明,查家在明清两代,共有800多人考中生员(秀才),并有133人考中进士、举人、贡生。

清朝康熙年间,查家共有十人考中进士。康雍乾三个朝代中,查家更是有三人官至翰林,史称“一门十进士”、“兄弟三翰林”。当时,海宁查家是全国闻名的望族,其家门之显赫,只有同样是浙江海宁的陈元龙家族可与之媲美。

对此,康熙甚至为查家题写了对联:

“唐宋以来巨族,江南有数人家。” 

海宁查家,是明清以来的国内望族。

然而康熙年间,在史上最惨烈的文字狱“明史案”中,查家共有70人被杀,其中被凌迟处死者18人,金庸的祖先查继佐也差点被杀。

雍正年间,金庸的祖先查嗣庭因为卷入隆科多案,被雍正皇帝以“讽刺时事,心怀怨望”逮捕,后来查嗣庭虽然死于狱中,仍被雍正下令戮尸斩首。查嗣庭当时16岁以上的儿子全部被判斩首,15岁以下的统统流放,史称“查嗣庭试题案”

在清朝时接连卷入两宗文字狱大案,这也使得整个查氏家族,从此变得谨小慎微,内敛隐忍。

尽管接连遭遇两宗大狱,但查氏家族在逆境中崛起,名人辈出。金庸的海宁十三世祖查升是大书法家,十六世祖查世官是诗人,查世璜是画家。到了近代,金庸家族中的族兄弟查良钊是国立河南大学校长、河南省教育厅厅长,抗战中还曾担任西南联合大学教授和训导长。

金庸的族兄查良铮(1918-1977),也就是著名的现代主义诗人穆旦。此外,徐志摩是金庸的表哥,钱学森是金庸的表姐夫,著名军事家蒋百里是金庸的姑父,著名作家琼瑶则是金庸的表外甥女。

在同辈兄弟中,金庸家族中还有营养学专家查良锭,医学专家查良镒、计算机专家查良钿、煤矿专家查良钰、电子学专家查良琦等人,家族中始终人才辈出。 

金庸的亲属关系图。

到1924年金庸出生时,尽管家族已经开始没落,但那时金庸家中还是拥有多达3600多亩田地,并有100多户佃农。金庸的弟弟回忆说,那时候,查家的宅子是五进的大院,有90多间房子,有大花园,在镇上还有钱庄、米行和酱园店。

在这样文化根基深厚的家族中成长,后来金庸回忆说,早在8岁那年,他就在父亲的书房中无意中看到了一本《荒江女侠》,从而无意中闯入了武侠小说的世界。

4 1937年抗战爆发时,金庸考入了浙江嘉兴中学(现嘉兴一中)就读。

1938年,金庸跟随嘉兴中学其他师生一起,辗转迁至浙江丽水继续学业。然而,由于写壁报讽刺学校训导主任有投降主义嫌疑,金庸被学校开除,随后转校毕业于浙江省衢州中学。

这是他第一次被学校开除。

1944年,金庸考入重庆中央政治大学外交系,又因为投诉校内的学生党员,反而被学校强行退学。在杭州的《东南日报》短暂做过外勤记者后,金庸又转入上海东吴大学法学院就读,并于1948年毕业后,被录取至上海《大公报》担任国际电讯翻译。 

年轻时的金庸。

鉴于当时国共的激烈内战,《大公报》被迫将阵地转移至香港,金庸也因此被《大公报》派遣至香港工作。当时,与号称“东方巴黎”的上海相比,香港“还比较落后,有点到了乡下地方的感觉”。但不会说广东话的查良镛(金庸)却发现,与战火纷飞和通货膨胀剧烈的内地相比,香港“生活安定,毫无涨价威胁”,这让他很是开心。 

▲租界香港,无意中为中国文学庇护了一位大师。

当时24岁的他没有想到,从1948到2018年,余生的70年,他将在香港这座小岛上度过。

不甘心蜗居香港的青年金庸,此后又于1950年奔赴北京,试图报考外交官,却被告知,由于他出身于大地主家庭,属于剥削阶级,加上不是共.产.党员,所以不能直接进入外交部。无奈下,金庸只得返回香港《大公报》,无意中却逃开了此后接连不断的政治运动。

一年后,先是金庸的父亲查枢卿被以“不法地主”罪名枪杀。随后,金庸的族兄、原名查良铮的著名诗人穆旦,由于此前曾经参加中国远征军抗击日寇,而被以国民党残渣余孽的身份,被打成“反革命分子”。

抗战胜利后远赴美国留学归来的穆旦,在南开大学担任外文系副教授,1955年,被打成“双重反革命分子”,此后一直到1977年他去世,一直被勒令在南开大学打扫厕所和洗澡堂。 

金庸的族兄、著名诗人穆旦(查良铮),因为年轻时参加中国远征军杀敌报国,最终历经坎坷而死。

尽管如此,穆旦仍然冒着巨大风险,在白天被批斗殴打的同时,夜晚偷偷在家中翻译英国诗人拜伦的长篇叙事诗《唐璜》。在经历整整二十多年被殴打、被侮辱的岁月后,1977年2月,穆旦最终含恨去世。

临死前,他在病床上留下了自己的诗《冥想》:

“为什么万物之灵的我们,

遭遇还比不上一棵小树?

今天你摇摇它,优越地微笑

明天就化为根下的泥土。

······

而如今,突然面对坟墓,

我冷眼向过去稍稍四顾,

只见它曲折灌溉的悲喜,

都消失在一片亘古的荒漠。

这才知道我全部的努力

不过完成了普通生活。”

后来,在接受媒体采访时,金庸说,如果1948年没去香港,或者1950年被录取到了外交部,“那‘反右’就反到我了,就算‘反右’反不到,‘文.革’也一定被打垮了,说不定已经死了。”

所以说,那个快意驰骋武侠小说江湖的大侠金庸,诞生何其偶然。

5 1952年,28岁的青年查良镛,被调入创刊不久的《大公报》旗下的《新晚报》,担任副刊编辑。

1954年,香港的白鹤派与太极派由于武术门户之争,在香港比武干戈,此事在香港掀起了轩然大波.看到武术风潮涌起,《新晚报》负责人让编辑陈文统开始写作武侠小说《龙虎斗京华》,小说连载后在香港引起轰动,由此打开了新派武侠小说的大门。

而陈文统,笔名就是“梁羽生”。 

新派武侠小说著名作家梁羽生。

转眼到了1955年,此时,梁羽生的新小说《草莽龙蛇传》即将连载完毕,但梁羽生一时半会也没想好下一部小说写什么。无奈下,31岁的《新晚报》副刊编辑查良镛被临时顶到了前台,并写出了自己的第一部武侠小说《书剑恩仇录》。

▲1955年,《书剑恩仇录》在《新晚报》上连载。

查良镛,就是日后大名鼎鼎的“金庸”

此后从1955至1972年封笔,金庸一连写下了14部长篇武侠小说,以及短篇武侠小说《越女剑》,后来,金庸将他的14部长篇武侠小说书名的第一个字连接起来,取了一幅著名的对联:

“飞雪连天射白鹿,笑书神侠倚碧鸳”。 

金庸14部长篇武侠小说名集。

1959年,35岁的金庸在写武侠小说同时,又创办了《明报》。从此,他一手办报,一手写武侠小说,最终成为一代武侠小说宗师。

到1991年,已被金庸拓展成报业集团的明报集团,盈利近一亿元港币,金庸也在当年《资本》杂志刊列的《九十年代香港华人亿万富豪榜》中,名列第64位。

对此,早期通过武侠小说连载、带动报纸销售的金庸说:

“我以小说作为赚钱与谋生的工具,谈不上有什么崇高的社会目标,既未想到要教育青年,也没有怀抱兴邦报国之志……不过我写得兴高采烈,颇有发挥想象、驱策群侠于笔底之乐。”

说起来,尽管写武侠小说只是金庸的副业,却无意间成为金庸最为成功的事业,并为他博得了江湖盛名。

6 在香港,金庸倪匡、黄沾、蔡澜并称“香港四大才子”,其中,金庸和倪匡私交最好,在连载《天龙八部》时,金庸有一段时间由于太忙,顾不上更新就请倪匡代笔,此前金庸特地嘱咐倪匡说,千万别把小说里的人物给写死了。

没想到鬼才倪匡先是应承下来,后来他觉得很不喜欢书中阿紫这个人物,于是干脆将阿紫的眼睛给“写瞎了”,等到金庸回来找他“兴师问罪”,倪匡却说:

“你临走时叫我不要弄死人嘛,我是弄伤了,打打杀杀肯定会受伤嘛。”

金庸无奈,只好接受现实,自己接着续写。知道这件事后,金庸的读者就去找倪匡“算账”,没想到倪匡却调皮地说:

“不是我弄瞎的,是丁春秋弄瞎的。” 

▲金庸(左二)与林燕妮(左三)、倪匡(左四)等在一起。

但时代的风暴,比“丁春秋”更猛烈。

1966年文革开始后,极左风潮蔓延至香港,金庸在《明报》中明确反对在香港搞文革,对此,左派开始公开宣称金庸是“豺狼镛”,并扬言称:

“要消灭五个香港人,排名第二的就是金庸。”

此后,左派甚至自制炸弹放在明报报社,并煽动《明报》内部员工“起义”袭击报社,在极左风潮的冲击下,《明报》发行量不减反增,从文革前的日发行5万份飙涨至8万份,成为当时香港坚持反对文革的舆论主阵地之一。 

▲1962年,《明报》报道内地人民逃港潮。

面对左派的刺杀威胁,金庸后来回忆说:

“我虽然成为暗杀目标,生命受到威胁,内心不免害怕,但我决不屈服于无理的压力之下,以至被我书中的英雄瞧不起。”

在各方压力下,1972年,正值写作壮年的48岁的金庸,最终在写完武侠寓言《鹿鼎记》后宣布封笔,空留下“沧海一声笑、滔滔两岸潮”的无声感慨。

7 对于自己后期的作品,金庸将主人公们描绘成人格并非完美的人物形象,对此他说,随着人生阅历的增加,他开始意识到:

“年轻时崇拜的大英雄都是完美无缺的,后来才发现,真正的英雄,他也有普通甚至卑鄙的一面。”

在封笔之作《鹿鼎记》中,他笔下的韦小宝,甚至已经是一个与传统的英雄形象截然相反的“反英雄”角色。

从某种意义上来说,这未曾不是金庸真实人生的自我写照和观察。

1976年金庸的长子査传侠自杀后,金庸也与自己的第二任妻子朱玫离婚。 

▲金庸与妻子朱玫。

此前,金庸的第一次婚姻由于妻子杜治芬出轨而破裂,与第二任妻子朱玫结婚后,朱玫共为金庸生下了两个儿子两个女儿,这就是长子查传侠,次子查传倜,长女查传诗,次女查传讷。

在金庸创办《明报》初期、事业最为艰难的时期,朱玫甚至穷得跟金庸一起共喝一杯咖啡,支撑金庸走过了最艰难的阶段。

但发迹后的金庸,先是爱上了电影明星夏梦,在被夏梦拒绝后,金庸与朱玫的感情渐趋破裂,随后,金庸将夏梦的影子,写成了《天龙八部》里那个段誉倾心仰慕的王语嫣。那位在现实里求之不得的人儿,他就将她化成小说里的人物,苦苦追求。 

金庸苦追影星夏梦(右)而不得,还为她专门写作剧本。

朱玫与金庸共同的长子査传侠自杀后,沉浸在悲伤中无法自拔的金庸,在咖啡馆结识了比他小27岁的女服务员林乐怡,随后,婚内出轨的金庸与朱玫离婚。

1998年,朱玫最终在香港湾仔律敦治医院过世,享年63岁,而至死,金庸都没去看望过这位曾陪伴他走过最艰难岁月的发妻。

后来金庸回忆说:我的爱情观是不道德的,一般的爱情道德,应该是一生一世只爱一个人,我做不到。

我一生就觉得对不住那个太太,主要是我对不起她,她一直待我很好,我很感激,但我对不起她,不应该做的,我都做了。 

金庸与第三任太太林乐怡。

此前,金庸最讨厌的人之一,就是自己的表哥徐志摩,因为徐志摩对发妻张幼仪始乱终弃,甚至强迫张幼仪堕胎,以配合徐志摩追求林徽因。因此,在金庸的小说中,作为“表哥”出场的《天龙八部》里的慕容复,《倚天屠龙记》里的卫壁,《连城诀》里的汪啸风,都被金庸刻画成生性凉薄的人物。

只是世道轮回,在感情世界里,金庸最终也变成了他讨厌的“表哥”徐志摩之类的人物。

8 尽管被李敖批评“有利的,就信;不利的,就佯装不见”,但家族在清代经历过两次政治大考,懂得明哲保身之道的金庸,最终选择了在武侠小说的世界里挥斥方遒。

在《天龙八部》里,他借助慕容博之口说道:

“庶民如尘土,帝.王亦如尘土。大燕不复国是空,复国亦空。”

2004年底,在当了五年浙江大学人文学院院长、博士生导师后,金庸宣布辞去在浙江大学的任职,他公开对外说:“我这个人当官,不行。拜师,我很愿意,让我教别人,我就不愿意,也教不来。”

离开浙大后,2005年,已经81岁、获得剑桥大学荣誉博士学位的金庸,坚持到英国剑桥大学实地求学,并从硕士读起,最终在耗费五年时间后,于2010年以86岁的高龄,获得了剑桥大学的博士学位。

对此,这位80多岁的武侠小说巨匠说:“我不为学位,只为学问。” 

2005-2010年,八十多岁高龄的金庸远赴英国留学,最终取得剑桥大学博士学位。

另外有一次,他向香港大学捐赠100万元港币,在捐赠仪式上,港大校长开了句玩笑说:“查先生,您忙得写漏了个‘零’吧?”

没想到金庸二话不说,马上又叫人给香港大学送去了900万元港币。

后来在接受媒体采访时,金庸说:

“武侠是一个梦想,武侠小说是很罗曼蒂克的。”

那位罗曼蒂克的一代宗师,悄悄地,在昨天,在2018年10月30日下午,走了。

他或许将化为《天龙八部》里的鸠摩智,在他那不朽的书中喃喃说道:

“世外闲人,岂再为这等俗事萦怀?老衲今后行止无定,随遇而安,心安乐处,便是身安乐处。”  

或许,正如影片《笑傲江湖》里的主题曲《沧海一声笑》中所唱:

“沧海一声笑 滔滔两岸潮

浮沉随浪 只记今朝

苍天笑 纷纷世上潮

谁负谁胜出 天知晓

江山笑 烟雨遥

涛浪淘尽红尘俗世几多娇

清风笑 竟若寂寥

豪情还剩了一襟晚照

苍生笑 不再寂寥

豪情仍在痴痴笑笑”

一路走好,挚爱的绝代宗师。

One of my favourite authors...tho' I thought his potent portrayal of 东方不败 was pretty stereotypical: wish he had other, more positive gay characters. But that was his era, when people didn't know any better. Toast: to a bygone writer who deserved the Nobel Prize! :clap::clap::clap:

Guest not guest above

He and his bros looks like

跟我们同道的。

Maybe that is why he wrote about swashbuckling male heroes with unfulfilled love or unrequited love.

Chinese just Love Love  Love a sad unfulfilled love story, writers cannot write graphic description of sex.

Instead readers voraciously digest stories of higher 'spiritual' love and one partner has to 'sacrifice' and suffer, suffer, suffer , pain , pain pain, tears...... pain of separation...

then when they finally come together, its blood , bleeding, dying of illness tand once married end of story . walk into sunset.

End credits rolls. 

Readers go to 茶楼  to digest the story..

well. welcome to the internet age. today sex, love is to be consumed, tasted and spit out if not tasty. 

we all know married life is not easy, after 5 years wife and husband find it a grind. cant stand each other.

Whereas gay couples enjoy their sweet time of a  LOVE THAT WILL NEVER GROW OLD.

More like what Jin Yong writes.  Was he pining for a LOVE THAT WILL NEVER GROW OLD   too.

• G_M changed the title to Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.