Male HQ

Hong Kong Celebrities - News And Gossips 香港明星新闻和八卦

Guest ttttt

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Kumar the Drag Queen

In this era where information retrieval becomes increasingly easy, lying about your qualifications is risky. Especially when you are a public figure.

Hong Kong celebrity Charmaine Sheh's school, International Hotel Management Institute, was blasted as 'garbage' by netizens, as the school apparently only had 200 students in total.

Superstar Gong Li was found guilty of a similar fraudulent act a few years ago.

While the actress claims to be a graduate of Beijing University, she turned out to have only taken a self-study Sociology course there.

When Gigi Leung first rose to fame, she claimed to be student-singer with high qualifications. Reports later revealed that Gigi only studied for two years at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and she did not even graduate.

Apparently, not only Hong Kong and China stars were said to commit academic fraud. Korean actress Son Ye Jin claimed to be a graduate from Seoul Institute of the Arts.

The truth?

She was expelled by the school after merely a year of study there.

Guest local

I would say these celebrities graduated themselves from these academic institues and given themselves the recognition they think they deserve.

If i were any of these people and I feel that these academic institute are below me and cannot accomodate the BIG Star that I am , I will graduate myself and prove myself in the university of life which they did.

Did they succeed in the university of life , I guess pretty much so at the top of the class. They are probably at the top 1 % at the university of life.

In the academic institutions there are so may limitations and restrictions and your qualifications are marked by academicics who are probably recluses from real life.

Academic qualifications are not the only measure of success in life.

There are many celebrities and business honchos who through contributions to society conferred HONORARY DEGREES from prestigious unis , even our own PM and Presi do receive honorary degrees and doctors of letters from UNis honoring the social work and contribution of kindness to mankind.

Gigi Leung has been known to a lot of humanitarian work for Africanand other poor countries and Gong LI do contribute her wealth and her husbands influence to help whenever a natural disaster happens in China.

I don't know about Son ye jin, but she is a Korean actress , very commited to her acting craft, i am sure she contributes to honarable and humanitarrian causes too. They use the fame and good fortune to help lesser fortunate humans in a much bigger than our ordinary citizens ablity is limited too.

So if your name is Kumar the DRAG Queen , have you tried to do what they have done for mankind ?

If you are really kumar the drag queen , the last thing you would be bothered is a little fibbing about academic qualifications, the person should be blamed would the the star's publicist and managers because the publicist and manager's are the one's releasing the bio data of the celebrities.

Thsre is a thing called a publicist if you don't already know by now. Even our local small time and big time stars have one.

Irene Ang , the actress and comedinne is also one , although she calls herself a mamnager of the stars.

Guest Centrino

Charmaine was indeed from the Hotel Management institute that she claims...how do I know? My friend studied there, and I've seen her (very young, innocent, almost no make up)in those photos. She did not complete her course there, and it wasn't for any negative reasons... but because her father's business had failed during that time and was unable to support her studies anymore. She returned to Hong Kong, joined Miss Hong Kong pageant, got spotted and signed on with TVB...and as they say, the rest is history. It turned out pretty well for her in the end. Earning much more than she would probably ever make if she graduated and worked in the hospitality industry. Anyway, as to why the institute had only 200 student?? That's because it's highly exclusive (and expensive)...not everyone can get admitted, and can afford to go in.

Slightly off-tangent here.

A college education only proves academic proficiency.

It does not have any bearings whether one is going to be successful in life.

Dont be overtly-conscious about it... every job has its merits and it is work

performance that matters. Perhaps, the only advantage is the entry level into

the work environment. However thereafter, that piece of paper is "RIP".

At private work arena, bosses aint that interest in hiring over-qualified candidates, say for example, if a polytechnic graduate is able to manage the job, why in this world should he employs a university grad? Cost is a factor and more importantly, humility is vital at work.

Bitching and tyrant superior wont last long.

Guest sportsmassage

I don't think both actresses are doing that on purpose. Unless you hear the life recording of what that said, reading from the papers or net might not be a true reflection of what they said. Remember the newspaper/net always like to glamorize or sensationalise everything they touchd on! So let's give them a break. I don't know about Charmine but Gong Li is a good actress. So as long as their acting skills are good, who cares about certificate.

It's only in Singapore, people talk about MBA/Degree..blah..but only if they don't know you. If they know you, anything also can. That's called "Kuan Xi". Noticed sometimes it is so diff to get an interview even if you have the relevant qual, it is because they already have someone in mind but advertise just for the sake of advertising.

Back on track, certain trades don't really need high educational degree as long as you can perform the job well. Unfortunately, nowadays, most bosses don't see merit but see how you "saka" the boss. If you don't believe, ask "Ah bang" since he is in teaching, most young teachers will "poor" the principal right? in order to get good grading right?

1. Chermaine's sch - DOnt think its a good indicator to use number of students to decide if a sch is a good one.

http://www.bing.com/search?mkt=en-sg&FORM=TOOLBR&q=International%20Hotel%20Management%20Institute

2. Gong Li - If she had taken a full time course but on a self stuyd basis, she should be considered a graduate of that uni.

3. Gigi - yes, she is NOT considered a graduate if she did not complete her course.

4. A certificate, dip or deg, is certainly only but a passport.

5. Kuanxi is very important but it is not the only factor. The basic is still depended if one is able to achieve his targets. Por is an useful tool only if u can achieve your basic duties.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 5 weeks later...
Guest O'yeah

東方新地》662期 -- 香港 : 基片導演硬撬彭冠期 林保怡失戀躁狂

入行廿年性取向一直成疑的林保怡,直至07年因童顏港男彭冠期帶孝出席林母喪禮,令二人秘密友誼曝光,未幾因同志導演雲翔的介入而玩完,彭冠期事業和生活更獲雲翔全力照起。上周日林保怡駕駛法拉利外出,被問及彭冠期與雲翔同居時罕有躁狂大發,以「唔答、唔答、唔答」亂槍射向記者。

林保怡 Bowie Lim - default.jpg

彭冠期 - 220px-Byron_Pang_1002.jpg

http://liveshowphoto.blogspot.com/2008/12/blog-post.html

http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/彭冠期

Guest O'yeah

香港:張耀揚邀蔡一傑同居?

「草蜢」團員之一的蔡一傑與香港性格男星張耀揚,3年半前被香港東方新地直擊在健身房曖昧「肌」情,爆出同志情誼,事後兩人都堅稱只是好友,最新一期東方新地日前又拍到2男相約吃飯,期間更聽到蔡一傑自爆張耀揚邀他到住處同居,兩人關係更顯耐人尋味。

對坐合吃一茶點 狀甚親密:

東方新地在8月7日下午約2時許,發現素顏穿運動服的蔡一傑,與穿著T恤沙灘褲的張耀揚,相約在尖沙嘴某茶餐廳閒話家常,兩人還感情好到合點一客茶點,向來陽剛味濃厚的張耀揚,面對陰柔的蔡一傑,眼神竟自動變得溫柔,彼此對坐著你看我,我看你,不時情意綿綿,狀甚親密。

東方新地現場觀察,兩人不但眼神曖昧,有說有笑,期間蔡一傑更忍不住動手觸摸張耀揚上衣,兩男含情脈脈仿彿世上只有對方,隨後因為餐廳客人漸多,才轉趨收歛,更不時警戒左右相望。

樓梯間自爆搬家說:

不久之後,在連續劇「畢打自己人」也有演出的何啟南前來相會,3男坐在狹窄餐廳顯得相當擁擠,席間只聽到蔡一傑不時嗲聲嗲氣與何啟南喋喋不休爭著發言,張耀揚則在一旁微笑默默聆聽。

一小時後,3人用完餐準備離開,當走到樓梯間的路口時,3男一度依依不捨互相道別,蔡一傑甚至用高八度的嗲聲向何啟南拋下一句話:「張耀揚呀,他竟叫我搬去跟他住!」何啟南不疑有他,隨即回嘴:「你要不要試一下啊!」看得出3人交情匪淺,蔡一傑與張耀揚的曖昧情誼也再添一樁。

http://movie.runsky.com/RKnews/htmlnews/20100831/18628083559.0.html

張耀揚 01200000033404115502144235443.jpg

蔡一傑 212178.jpg

really shocking.

zhang and ho are two of the manliest actors from hk and unfortunately very underrated too.

Never expected them to be ajs.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• 2 months later...

He first joined in the show 尖子攻略。he was quite slim few years back, he started to build up his bod these 2 years. His him law 26 yo.

我比較鍾意佢以前既樣。 ):

• 1 month later...
Guest Carina Lau

Maybe he is also the same in real life?!

Since 2002, he has gone mono with this 一时称为堂弟,一时又称为表弟的同性密友明仔, and they are still together. So lovely. I am the horny slut flirting around with rich business men behind Tony, :whistle:

http://game.shangdu.com/html/262759.html

http://www.danlan.org/dispArticle_8266.htm

Guest tvblover

Ben used to be VERY fit and toned. I always remember JO to this scene he was at the waterfall (like Aaron Kwok in Stormriders).

Time and tide, really do not wait for no man.

Hi Mr Chua, a New Year present for you ...

王喜 PK by 吴毅将 in a HK Cat 3 Movie 心猿意马 (year 2005)

http://v.ku6.com/show/zUKQuYkNDUuvkwjt.html

Very daring :thumb: :thumb: and of course, this movie never reach Singapore cinema screen

The clip is so cute! :oops:

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.divaasia.com/article/12066

12066.jpg

Mon, Jan 10, 2011

The New Paper

Desperately seeking publicity?

by Tan Kee Yun

WOMEN, what would you do to make your 45th birthday a most memorable one?

Hong Kong actress Carina Lau, who turned 45 on Dec 8 last year, paid a team of professional photographers to shoot a series of sexy, vampish pictures of herself for a calendar.

The 2011 limited-edition memento, shot entirely in black and white, is title One Generation Of Carina.

It features the Suzhou-born beauty sporting Marilyn Monroe-esque platinum blonde hair, a tight black bustier and smouldering, smoky eyes.

In several alluring and somewhat decadent poses, she is either seen lazing on the sofa, twirling a glass of martini.

Printed by Lau's management company in China, One Generation Of Carina is not for sale.

Only 1,208 copies of the calendar (1208 is the month and day of Lau's birthdate) were published and given to the actress' friends.

In an interview with Xinhua News last month, Lau, who is married to fellow Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai, said she was very satisfied with how the pictures turned out.

Capture her personality

"Over the years, I've done so many shoots for magazines and advertisements, but none could truly capture my personality," she said.

For her calendar, she personally conceptualised the images.

"These photos reflect who I am, the vibe is just right... this is the real me."

The12 pictures have made their way online, provoking mixed reactions.

On fashion news website lady.163.com, some netizens blasted her new look with harsh comments such as "disgusting and old", "trying to be sexy at this grand old age"and "worse than my mum".

Over at entertainment portal Mtime.com, netizens were kinder. One likened Lau's shots to pop icons Madonna and Mariah Carey, while another praised her for "still looking quite ravishing".

Lau acknowledged the resemblance to Madonna in an interview with Xinhua News, calling it a "pleasant coincidence".

"We (referring to the team behind her calendar, spearheaded by renowned Chinese photographer Li Qi) did not think of copying Madonna when we did the shoot, it must be the blonde hair that made people form the association," she said.

"But I'm flattered to be compared to Madonna, she is an artiste with a distinctive, daring style of her own and I admire her greatly."

Some critics might view Lau's latest project as a calculated publicity move to revive her flagging popularity.

Unlike the 1990s and early 2000s, when she took on an average of three to four movies a year, Lau's acting career has noticeably slowed down of late, especially after her wedding toLeung in 2008.

Last year, she had only one major film role, playing China's first empress Wu Zetian in fantasy adventure flick Detective Dee And The Mystery Of The Phantom Flame.

Her sex kitten image in the calendar has no doubt attracted eyeballs and possibly boosted publicity for her comeback in two upcoming films - the action comedy Let The Bullets Fly and the Chinese New Year rom-com All's Well, Ends Well 2011.

Local movie-goers The New Paper spoke to, however, feel Lau doesn't need such attention-grabbing stunts, given her A-list status.

"I don't think popularity was her motivation," said commis chef Tan Chuan Fu, 22.

"I think she is just trying to show another side of herself."

As to whether Lau's images were too raunchy, he said he felt they were "mature and decent".

Mr Christopher Daguimol, 27, who works in public relations, agreed: "It's an expression of her individuality and we must respect that. Madonna is 50 and she still performs and dresses provocatively.

"Looking at the bigger picture, what she (Lau) is doing is no different from a lot of 40-plus Hollywood stars."

But some Singaporeans criticised the photographs.

Undergraduate Miss Chen Qi Bin, 21, felt that while Lau "usually exudes confidence, these pictures do not do justice to her elegance".

Mr Koh Joo Guan, 29, a financial planner said: "She probably wants to complete a shoot like this before she turns 50."

Local actress Hong Huifang, 49, said she found Lau's pictures "beautiful and tastefully done".

And she does not rule out doing something similar. "If given the opportunity, why not?" said Hong, who has two kids with actor husband Zheng Geping.

Another local celebrity, 49-year-old Xiang Yun, was more conservative.

Can't pull it off

"I don't think I'd be able to do a shoot like that.

"The only calendar shots I can visualise doing would be those harmonious, family-friendly ones, showing me, my hubby and two kids."

Lau's calendar pictures only look set to further fuel her flirtatious reputation.

During her 19-year courtship with husband Leung, she has been linked several times to tycoons such as Taiwanese Terry Gou and Hong Kongers Julian Hui and Joseph Lau.

Even after her marriage, rumours of her illicit affairs did not stop.

Last July, China's Southern Metropolis Entertainment Weekly carried a photo of Lau sitting close to a man, identified as Chinese property billionaire Jing Baifu. She had her chin resting on his shoulder and his handon her thigh.

The report said that while Jing was with Lau over two nights in Beijing, her husband Leung was busy filming his new movie The Grandmasters.

Both Leung and Lau have subsequently rubbished the reports.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

um what? she just took a sexy calendar and gave it to her friends, anything wrong?

it's not like she has nothing to flaunt; she is pretty gorgeous, and those preview shots are pretty great too... sexy but not thrashy. thumbs up to her. sometiems the tabloid makes me wanna puke

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

I saw a pic of Tony, Maggi and her in this week i-weekly.

For the first time in my life, this is the first time I think that Carina looks prettier than maggi in that pic.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.