Male HQ

Punggol Nasi Lemak At Upper Serangoon Road

Is this was where Holland V was filmed?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I stay quite near just a few bus stop away. But then, I dont seldom eat the Nasi Lemak there.

I find the Nasi Lemak quite common. Just that the chili is nice and the chicken wing or drumstick is freshly fried and hot when you eat. Other than that, I think nothing special.

Guest guest

Please boycott this stall. They have another outlet in Tanjong Katong. Totally disgusting pricing and the nasi lemak is so so only. Besides, they also charge for anchovies which is usually comes free with nasi lemak.

Had a very bad experience with a mainland chinese girl/staff before. When asked why so expensive where she charged me more for items i didn't order, she retaliated 'you go and are the boss lah' with her bossy look. She is just another rude uneducated mainland chinese girl trying to take advantage and bully the locals.

Guest pooh bear

This stall of nasi lemak is over the top , they are so kiam siap with side dishes, as thought they count the long beans individually, long before the current inflation prices of food i went there afew times, they are so stingy with the acar, the chicken fried is so so . i have had better at Changi village with genuine Malay flavors for the chicken wings , even nicer Malay sambal chilli to go with the rice,

BTW, I am chinese and i think the Changi village nasi lemak is way way better and cheaper too.

This stall of nasi lemak is over the top , they are so kiam siap with side dishes, as thought they count the long beans individually, long before the current inflation prices of food i went there afew times, they are so stingy with the acar, the chicken fried is so so . i have had better at Changi village with genuine Malay flavors for the chicken wings , even nicer Malay sambal chilli to go with the rice,

BTW, I am chinese and i think the Changi village nasi lemak is way way better and cheaper too.

well I do agree they charge a premium.

the chicken i still like and so is chilli. I have no problem scooping extra spoonful of chilli or take extra cucumber slices whenever I am there. I just take them myself.

Changi Village one i dun think can compare with them other than pricing.

well I do agree they charge a premium.

the chicken i still like and so is chilli. I have no problem scooping extra spoonful of chilli or take extra cucumber slices whenever I am there. I just take them myself.

Changi Village one i dun think can compare with them other than pricing.

ya... but their service is damn slow in motion. which i will buy fr other stall.

Guest Eh Sai La

I went there and had the nasi lemak alone just now after reading the post. My dish had a drumstick, fried egg, sambal dried prawn and 午餐肉. The cost is S$6.70. The food is eh sai la though pricey. Beh pai ciak ma....I like the hot hot drumstick.

I like Nasi Lemak too... but never had Punggol Nasi lemak since ages past when they were still on Old Tampines Road instead of Upper Serangoon Road... then it was ok priced... just a bit more than $4 ... I did not realise that they now charge per item etc to make a plate of nasi lemak $7-8!!

No wander can drive supercar and squander money at IR.

and Singaporeans stupid stupid go and queue to pay them for this food? I am very sorry to say as a food lover, there are things I do not do to get good food... that is to pay a hawker $8 bucks for something the Malaysian kampongs sell for RM$1 ringgit... quality or no quality.

Even Chicken rice (as a comparison) - the Chatterbox one at least sell it at a 5 STAR HOTEL, with waitress etc, aircon, service, presentation and smiles, Sir front sir back... not some Chinabitch tell you off...

that is the folly of our Singaporean culture - we patronise and put up with shit just because it is reputed to be good...

please, my own kitchen air broiler makes tastier chicken and nasi lemak. Chilli - please experiment a bit and you will come up with something that you will absolutely love.

NO time? NO kitchen? ok lor... pay S$8/- for nasi lemak???? where Changi village sells for $2.50?

NEVER...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest imseeker

Had a very bad experience with a mainland chinese girl/staff before. When asked why so expensive where she charged me more for items i didn't order, she retaliated 'you go and are the boss lah' with her bossy look. She is just another rude uneducated mainland chinese girl trying to take advantage and bully the locals.

edited.

Edited by imseeker

• 1 month later...

Aiyo, should have read this thread earlier. Went there 3 days back and kenna con $8 for a plate of nais lemak. Frankly speaking, for those who have eaten the nasi lemak at golden shoe (there are 3-4 stalls there and they are very competitive in standards), I am sure you will say the Punggol one is just 'so so', nothing special. Will not eat there again....

There were this nasi lemak stalls in the city area, one in theTelok Ayer Hawker Centre at the ground level of the MND Annex and another in the Golden Shoe Hawker centre.

They cater mainly to the office crowd so the prices were reasonable and the food quality as good as those "famous" but grossly overrated stalls.

Every early evening, there will be long queues of office workers buying takeaways on their way home.

Because their lunch stock is usually soldout so the evening batch were freshly cooked in the late afternoon, you can even have the chicken wings and drumsticks piping hot.

Wonder if they are still there.

• 2 months later...

I rate the punggol nasi lemak not worthwhile queuing for it. Pricing is too expensive. Food not much choices/ selection and all round time same variety, no change and creativeness on the food selection. Venue, parking inconvenience and has to park the open space car park opposite and limited lot.

What is your rating???

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

just happened to see this thread.

and just so I packed back for the family this evening and one of the packets came with "extra" - a small cockroach leg.... :yuk:

by dat time, we had almost finished everything.

wish me luck....

yikes... hope u survived...

actually they are two steps away from my place, but i hardly patronise them coz of the queue and u can only eat nasi lemak once in a while.

It's actually quite nice, especially their ikan billis and ikan kuning which are fried to a crisp - you can eat the whole ikan kuning bones and all.

but i'd even eat there less now... a cockroach leg... yikes...

not forgetting that the son of the owner recently lost over 300K at MBS ... and he drives an Aston Martin ..

so overpriced ? lol .... well for the son to even lose that amount and drives an AM ....

go figure.

Although he is an uncle, he looks charming....... wish can have his drumstick..........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yikes... hope u survived...

actually they are two steps away from my place, but i hardly patronise them coz of the queue and u can only eat nasi lemak once in a while.

It's actually quite nice, especially their ikan billis and ikan kuning which are fried to a crisp - you can eat the whole ikan kuning bones and all.

but i'd even eat there less now... a cockroach leg... yikes...

post report: i survived the cockroach leg. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't tried the Punggol Nasi Lemak before and to be honest, don't really enjoy nasi lemak or roti prata in Singapore in general.

Tends to be overpriced, relatively small portions- and served with options like fishball, fishcake and luncheon meat??! Anchovies pay extra??!!!!

Say it ain't so, dear Gawd :o

Prefer to have it when i visit family in JB (which isn't even a foodie paradise) and also given the current exchange rate. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.