Male HQ

Advice On Male Skin Care - Acne Product / Body Lotion / Moisturizer / Face Wash (Compiled)

hihi for guys who are using BB cream, u need to note that some brands will cause clogging of pores. not really suitable for senstive skin type. the reason for it able to cover flaws is due to it's oil content thus giving it a richer feel and provide good coverage.

I m not sure what flaws u r trying to cover (hopefully not scar) y not invest more in better skin care products to improve your skin condition rather than cosmetics to conceal it?

How to know what brands clog pores?

honesty majority of BB cream contains a certain percent of oil in it..therefore in one way or another it will clog pores...just test it by rubbing two fingers together n u will be able to feel the oily texture

I'm using Lancome UV Expert Sunblock. In some way, it acts like bb cream cos the cream is very near to skin tone. I applied it to smoothen my skin so that it looks more even. At the same time, it is also a sunblock.

I'm using Lancome UV Expert Sunblock. In some way, it acts like bb cream cos the cream is very near to skin tone. I applied it to smoothen my skin so that it looks more even. At the same time, it is also a sunblock.

hihi ways the SPF level? 30? 50?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

hihi just to share, I m using this mask call white magix. it's main ingredient is charcoal. just leave it on the face for 5-7 min it will give u the instant effect of lifting, whitening, removing the impurities deep from the pores and leaving your skin with an instant glow. I did not believe in it's instant wonderfull effect initially too until I tried it out myself it's amazing. you may wish to give it a try. so far frens whom I recommended like this mask very much :-)

• 1 month later...
Guest gorgeous

As we mature, our face shows all these signs. Please advice how do all of you maintain skin that can be free or show down these signs on mature skin :-

a) Pigmentation on face

b) Saggy skin

c) Wrinkled skin

What sorts of treatment do you go for ?

What creams are effective in clearing a) , b) and c)

Please drop in your advices

As we mature, our face shows all these signs. Please advice how do all of you maintain skin that can be free or show down these signs on mature skin :-

a) Pigmentation on face

b) Saggy skin

c) Wrinkled skin

All these are signs of ageing. While I’m not exactly promoting any brand (unless on request to divulge the brand that I might recommend), but definitely you will need to upgrade the products in your current skincare regimen to those that have anti-ageing properties. And it’s not just cream. The daily cleanser, toner and moisturizers matter as well. Watch your nutrition intake too. Go for more antioxidants since metabolism declines with ageing. Ensure that you intake sufficient quality protein to keep your skin tout. Nutrition intake accounts 70% while skincare application accounts 30%.

NOTE: This doesn’t mean you won’t have any signs of ageing at all, but at a much reduced amount compared to those who don’t take proper care.

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

a) Pigmentation on face

b) Saggy skin

c) Wrinkled skin

Hi, what is your age ? As for me I always use anti wrinkle product from Loreal, Bio essence etc. for long period around my eye and forehead area b4 sleep. Seems it helps . Try it.

a) Pigmentation on face

b) Saggy skin

c) Wrinkled skin

It depends on whether you are seeking methods for preventive or corrective.

Preventive would means you are around 40 and before those signs set in.

This, you would require to maintain good skin care routine, a healthy and balance diet, regular excercise and keep yourself stress free.

The whole idea is to slow down the facial's aging process.

As for corrective, it would means you are probably over 50 and those signs are already showing up.

Once this happens, there are not much you can do with all those skin care stuff, however expensive.

Corrective would usually means botox for simple crowfeet and plastic surgery for more serious wrinkles and sagging with face lifting.

I do think apart from creams and cosmetic procedures (laser, botox etc...), prevention is still better than cure.

Sunblock is a must. Yes, some guys may think it's unmacho for them to apply sunblock and i have friends who swear by SPF 0 when they go tanning. Even if one intend to get tanned under the sun, some form of SPF is still better than none. For me, my daily sunblock SPF is at 50. ( i do get tanned cos i swim often plus i get tanned very easily)

Eye cream, toner, moisturizer, mask, aside; proper diet, regular exercise and sufficient sleep are also essential for the skin as well. :)

Guest Zoeww Teh

I do think apart from creams and cosmetic procedures (laser, botox etc...), prevention is still better than cure.

Sunblock is a must. Yes, some guys may think it's unmacho for them to apply sunblock and i have friends who swear by SPF 0 when they go tanning. Even if one intend to get tanned under the sun, some form of SPF is still better than none. For me, my daily sunblock SPF is at 50. ( i do get tanned cos i swim often plus i get tanned very easily)

Eye cream, toner, moisturizer, mask, aside; proper diet, regular exercise and sufficient sleep are also essential for the skin as well. :)

Yeah.. your lifestyle is important. Drink more water and stay happy. You can also swallow everyday, esp the essence of pilots.

I have pigmented skin and I do not think there is anyway to make the spots fade away. As for wrinkle and firming, you may wanna try night care products from Eucerin. I find that my skin has improved.

As for me, I went for plastic surgery to fixed my aging proplems. Tried all sorts of anti-aging cream and gel. Honestly, none of the products works on me and they are not cheap too. Must say that I am very happy with all the surgery I have done so far.

Guest sperm queen

Every nite, be4 i sleep, i jerk off and apply my own sperm onto my face, concentrating on the tender areas around the eyes.

Have been practicisng this for years. Now I am in my 30s and ppl have complemented that my skin still retain the tautness and radiance of an early 20s.

Try this, it really works :thumb: !!

Every nite, be4 i sleep, i jerk off and apply my own sperm onto my face, concentrating on the tender areas around the eyes.

Have been practicisng this for years. Now I am in my 30s and ppl have complemented that my skin still retain the tautness and radiance of an early 20s.

Try this, it really works :thumb: !!

Don't talk COCK.............

Guest gorgeous

All these are signs of ageing. While I’m not exactly promoting any brand (unless on request to divulge the brand that I might recommend), but definitely you will need to upgrade the products in your current skincare regimen to those that have anti-ageing properties. And it’s not just cream. The daily cleanser, toner and moisturizers matter as well. Watch your nutrition intake too. Go for more antioxidants since metabolism declines with ageing. Ensure that you intake sufficient quality protein to keep your skin tout. Nutrition intake accounts 70% while skincare application accounts 30%.

NOTE: This doesn’t mean you won’t have any signs of ageing at all, but at a much reduced amount compared to those who don’t take proper care.

Guest gorgeous

As for me, I went for plastic surgery to fixed my aging proplems. Tried all sorts of anti-aging cream and gel. Honestly, none of the products works on me and they are not cheap too. Must say that I am very happy with all the surgery I have done so far.

can you share what sort of plastic surgery u went for ? a face lift or ? pls advice

a) Place - where u had procedures done ?

b) Cost

c) Post surgery precautions

d) etc..

Pls advice - Thanks

We always think expensive lotions or creams help. Actually, maintaining the skin clean and not going under the sun too often is important.

Depending on your age, look for suitable cleanser, moisturiser and night serum. These are basics. Generally, guys' skin gets oily easily but depending ... as we are around our later 30s to early 40s like me, my skin is drier underneath but oily on the surface. Coupled with sensitive skin and T-zone oil, tough ... but I found a few products quite suitable for my skin. If your condition is similar, avoid any AHA or BHA product as it will aggravate the oiliness.

Use a moisturising cleaner not those oil removing ones. Use moisturiser that containt hyaluronicacid acid or one lotion as a base before putting an oil absorbing moisturiser (sound contradictory but it balance out nicely for me and keeps matt longer). Use a night serum daily, anything that helps to restore moisture and renew skin cells.

Additional to these, do mask twice a week like those nourishing type and go for facial once a week. If with pigmentation, use those spot whitening creams once at night and once in day.

Sunblock is important but get a light one or spray type which will be better ... but keep away from sun often.

As for product brands ... select those that suit you. Buy trial packs. Go for inexpensive onces ... you'll be surprise that sometimes the companies are the same for both expensive and cheap ones and the ingredients are almost identical.

Guess I need to start signing for facial packages ... I just hate the painful extraction ...

Trust is more important than monogamy. - Savage Garden, Affirmation

Guest Rejuvenate

hi gorgeous,

I am not sure what is the condition of your skin. but if you could email me a close up photo of ur face maybe I could help and you may be the model I am looking for to endorse the skin care product.

if you are interested you can email me at glitz_diva@yahoo.com. no worries this is not a gimmick. for anyone else who have such problem skin and are interested you can also email me :-)

• 3 months later...

I tried both and I prefer ANR Estee Lauder. It is very moisturizing and good for mature skin! genifique is a activator and you need another serum after that! Just personal preference

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair or Lancome Genifique?

Anyone using these mind sharing your reviews or any other products?

May I know what is the reason you're looking at these two products?

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

I tried both and I prefer ANR Estee Lauder. It is very moisturizing and good for mature skin! genifique is a activator and you need another serum after that! Just personal preference

Is it ok to use for younger skin as well? And do i need anything else to go along with ANR?

May I know what is the reason you're looking at these two products?

I just want a younger looking skin thats all although im not very old in mid 20s. I am also looking to reduce my wrinkles around the eye area.

Is it ok to use for younger skin as well? And do i need anything else to go along with ANR?

I just want a younger looking skin thats all although im not very old in mid 20s. I am also looking to reduce my wrinkles around the eye area.

peppercorn, are you rusty?

You have wrinkles around your eyes at mid-20s?

I'm guessing your eye areas are of dry skin?

Edited by qedcwc

peppercorn, are you rusty?

You have wrinkles around your eyes at mid-20s?

I'm guessing your eye areas are of dry skin?

not really wrinkles la.. but just fine lines? its like if don't prevent now they will soon come out type.

yeah rusty's me!

Edited by peppercorn

Is the sign of aging on your face! First of all, regular skin care regime is very important. Avoid sun tanning and apply sunblock religiously. If you can afford, get both. genefique can be used in the day time and night with advanced night repair! Buy sheet mask from Watsons and use them regularly! SK 2 facial testament Essenes is a good product! If you stick to the product sure can see improvement in long term!

not really wrinkles la.. but just fine lines? its like if don't prevent now they will soon come out type.

yeah rusty's me!

peppercorn, if I were you, I would probably go for a basic daily skincare regime that is aimed at anti-ageing first, such as Artistry's Time Defiance line of products, which aims at restoring cellular communication and connection, which its deterioration is the cause of appearance of ageing signs. In addition, it seeks to provide lifting effects for long-term improvement of sagging skin as we age.

If you have the economic means, you may add in premium products that targets both external and internal ageing factors to this regime. Most premium skincare products in the market have only been able to address external ageing factors, but if you can take a shot at the internal one, such as the replenishing of cardiolipin (a lipid in the cell membranes of mitochondria, which is responsible for producing ATP [energy] that gives the skin's glow), energizing of skin, repair of the mitochondria DNA and further protection from free radicals, you may see a dramatic difference.

Edited by qedcwc

Estee's ANR have being in the market for a long time so, it must be effective in what it promises to deliever, otherwise its status won't have survived for so long in the mist of the very fierce competition of the cosmetic world.

Where else for Lancome Genifique's range so far, althought relatively very new in the market, it has already welcomed many good compliments from many of my friends who had tried.

Some of them said they are at their third bottle since it was launched 1 year ago.

Yet individual skin reacts effectively to different patented chemistry in each label, so you can't say which is better, putting aside their pricing consideration.

Serums are applied morning and night. But when you purchase one, do consider how dry your skin is able to "drink" in the serum ,without leaving you that sticky residual feeling on your skin and the humidity of our tropical climate.

If they are that rich, then I suggest your apply them at night before you sleep.

Personally I tried both brands before. I find ANR very good but apply it at night. However it does leaves that sticky feeling in the day, that it may not blend well with other moisterizer you later apply.

With our humid climate, you may end up attracting more dirt and dust on your face.

The rule of the thumb is, always allow 1 half minutes for one item to settle on to your face before you apply the next.

Genifique is more whitish water base, not so "gluey" so its easier on the face. It smells nice as well.

The results can be seen about 7 days later. The skin is tighter pores are much finer. I dont have lines on my face so i can't tell you at this point whether if it is effective against lines or wrinkles on the face.

However, presently in the market, Prevage reigns as the top most effective anti aging serum in the market. I can vouch for that because I have tried before. But it is extremely pricey. Cost about $300 for a 50ml bottle.

Let me share you a tip. No serum can effectively work if there are toxic in between the cellular structure. These radicals simply interferes with what the serums are supposed to task.

Before you apply , try Christian Dior's Capture Totale One essential. It rids toxics and radicals, to path the serums to work effectively.

At the celluar level, increase your vitamin C intake as high as 1000 - 3000 mg daily.

At the celluar level you may want to intake Coenyzeme Q10. Its an antioxidant for normal heart functions, reduced cholestrol related issues , and surprisingly, anti aging

As you age, the skin cells loses its rapid momentum to produce and divide itself at the mitochondrialevel, thus you have sagging skin.

Q10 activitates cells activities at the cellular level, and thus boosting energy as well.

Sportmens and athletics uses this to boost their cardiovascular performance.

They come in 15 30 50 75 100 150 200 300mg. However if you want to give it a shot,I would advise you to consult medical professionals if you have a medical conditions or is taking any prescribed drugs currently.

Skin care routine is just a way of preventive measurement and maintaince, thus there is nothing wrong if you want to start early. You don't have to wait for any signs of lines to appear before you decide to act upon it.

Its like, if you have being taking your garlic pills, antioxidants regularly and daily, you won't even be bothered by the bug flu, while the rest are affected by it.

Then again, if there are are cheaper brands that can work effectively, why not give them a shot ?

Edited by TheVisitors

I am using Lancome Genifique for men. Mmm.. How do I put it? It is good as in non-greasy and light.

But I do not see much improvement as in skin complexion getting better or more youthful.

Tried Odbo from Korea Faceshop, i find it quite good actually. It moisturized ur skin.

But one thing I might need to agree, in order for such good product to work on your face, u must basically have good skin already.

Ever wonder, why they always get pple with already good skin complexion/great volume hair to advertise their product?

Ponder over it.

I am using Lancome Genifique for men. Mmm.. How do I put it? It is good as in non-greasy and light.

But I do not see much improvement as in skin complexion getting better or more youthful.

Tried Odbo from Korea Faceshop, i find it quite good actually. It moisturized ur skin.

But one thing I might need to agree, in order for such good product to work on your face, u must basically have good skin already.

Ever wonder, why they always get pple with already good skin complexion/great volume hair to advertise their product?

Ponder over it.

That reminds me a quote from Anita Roddick, the late founder of BodyShop, from her book, Body and Soul

" It is very disgusting to use a very youthful 20 year old model, to advertise and sell anti-aging skin productions to women who are in their 40s , 50s and onwards. It is morally very wrong"

Edited by TheVisitors

Guest Herdoctor

That reminds me a quote from Anita Roddick, the late founder of BodyShop, from her book, Body and Soul

" It is very disgusting to use a very youthful 20 year old model, to advertise and sell anti-aging skin productions to women who are in their 40s , 50s and onwards. It is morally very wrong"

Wrinkly models using Photoshopped posters of themselves to sell anti-wrinkle creams are also disgusting.

A certain veteran MediaCorp actress advertised for an anti-wrinkle cream, but her wrinkle-free claim was exposed as a farking sham when her severe wrinkles and crow's feet were exposed under High definition TV.

I have 2 opinions after reading the thread.

(1) Why don't consult dermatologist? Let the expert assess your skin, then recommend whatever necessary. For all you know, you may not need to buy these expensive products. There was once "tea tree" products were the "hot" items and I bought some. In the end kena rashes. Have to go to dermatologist and she told me she has quite a few patients who cannot use tea tree products too. In the end she recommended neutrogena or something I could buy from off the shelves.

(2) Was watching one of the Chinese programmes on cable (Channel 822 麻辣天后宫). That episode was on older stars and asking them to remove their make-up on screen. These artistes used to be so famous and they are rich enough to use whatever products they want. But when they remove their make-up har............吓死人! This 刘嘉玲also 拼命 "SKII", but she has been voted one of the 最残艺人.

Estee's ANR have being in the market for a long time so, it must be effective in what it promises to deliever, otherwise its status won't have survived for so long in the mist of the very fierce competition of the cosmetic world.

Where else for Lancome Genifique's range so far, althought relatively very new in the market, it has already welcomed many good compliments from many of my friends who had tried.

Some of them said they are at their third bottle since it was launched 1 year ago.

Yet individual skin reacts effectively to different patented chemistry in each label, so you can't say which is better, putting aside their pricing consideration.

Serums are applied morning and night. But when you purchase one, do consider how dry your skin is able to "drink" in the serum ,without leaving you that sticky residual feeling on your skin and the humidity of our tropical climate.

If they are that rich, then I suggest your apply them at night before you sleep.

Personally I tried both brands before. I find ANR very good but apply it at night. However it does leaves that sticky feeling in the day, that it may not blend well with other moisterizer you later apply.

With our humid climate, you may end up attracting more dirt and dust on your face.

The rule of the thumb is, always allow 1 half minutes for one item to settle on to your face before you apply the next.

Genifique is more whitish water base, not so "gluey" so its easier on the face. It smells nice as well.

The results can be seen about 7 days later. The skin is tighter pores are much finer. I dont have lines on my face so i can't tell you at this point whether if it is effective against lines or wrinkles on the face.

However, presently in the market, Prevage reigns as the top most effective anti aging serum in the market. I can vouch for that because I have tried before. But it is extremely pricey. Cost about $300 for a 50ml bottle.

Let me share you a tip. No serum can effectively work if there are toxic in between the cellular structure. These radicals simply interferes with what the serums are supposed to task.

Before you apply , try Christian Dior's Capture Totale One essential. It rids toxics and radicals, to path the serums to work effectively.

At the celluar level, increase your vitamin C intake as high as 1000 - 3000 mg daily.

At the celluar level you may want to intake Coenyzeme Q10. Its an antioxidant for normal heart functions, reduced cholestrol related issues , and surprisingly, anti aging

As you age, the skin cells loses its rapid momentum to produce and divide itself at the mitochondrialevel, thus you have sagging skin.

Q10 activitates cells activities at the cellular level, and thus boosting energy as well.

Sportmens and athletics uses this to boost their cardiovascular performance.

They come in 15 30 50 75 100 150 200 300mg. However if you want to give it a shot,I would advise you to consult medical professionals if you have a medical conditions or is taking any prescribed drugs currently.

Skin care routine is just a way of preventive measurement and maintaince, thus there is nothing wrong if you want to start early. You don't have to wait for any signs of lines to appear before you decide to act upon it.

Its like, if you have being taking your garlic pills, antioxidants regularly and daily, you won't even be bothered by the bug flu, while the rest are affected by it.

Then again, if there are are cheaper brands that can work effectively, why not give them a shot ?

I appreciate your honest advice and reviews on the ANR and Genefique products.. I would be getting the ANR and the genefique eye cream. What else should go along with these? Any good moisturizer to go along, preferrably anti-shine one?

Also, i saw that u mentioned about Dior's Capture Totale One essential. Is this a serum or? Is it really necessary and its price?

Thanks so much!.

I appreciate your honest advice and reviews on the ANR and Genefique products.. I would be getting the ANR and the genefique eye cream. What else should go along with these? Any good moisturizer to go along, preferrably anti-shine one?

Also, i saw that u mentioned about Dior's Capture Totale One essential. Is this a serum or? Is it really necessary and its price?

Thanks so much!.

Dior's One Essential is about $120 I think for 30ml. Use a little bit and spread. Whitesh water base non greasy which looks smiliar to the Genefiques serum. It depends on what you really want but its good for clearing toxic. I find that after using for awhile - a month - the skin got clearer, and I don't really mask my face so often. Instaed of twice a week, its like weekly now.

It is a skin clearing serum

There is another product no very well known - the L'occitane Diva immortality cream. It is from the immortality range.

For 140, its packed in an interesting 50ml round yellow golden jar. It contains collegan and royal jelly.

For that price, its two in one - serum moisturizer and known to activiate collegan production benaeth the skin. the French claimed that it is better to use it by itself rather than to combine with other products, and that one bottle is sold in France every 5 mins.

It is very creamy and rich. Althought creamy at first , once settled on the face for about 5 mins its not so greasy. Good for dry air conditioned places and dry climates.

You can use it alone by itself or use it over your serum at night.

Because it is so rich, I only use up less than half a bottle since I bought a jar 9 months ago.

Do consider this product. I find it pretty effective and economical.

Non greasy moisturizer? Clarins because its packed with natural ingredients. The day cream is about 50-60 for 50mil bottle

Dior's One Essential is about $120 I think for 30ml. Use a little bit and spread. Whitesh water base non greasy which looks smiliar to the Genefiques serum. It depends on what you really want but its good for clearing toxic. I find that after using for awhile - a month - the skin got clearer, and I don't really mask my face so often. Instaed of twice a week, its like weekly now.

It is a skin clearing serum

There is another product no very well known - the L'occitane Diva immortality cream. It is from the immortality range.

For 140, its packed in an interesting 50ml round yellow golden jar. It contains collegan and royal jelly.

For that price, its two in one - serum moisturizer and known to activiate collegan production benaeth the skin. the French claimed that it is better to use it by itself rather than to combine with other products, and that one bottle is sold in France every 5 mins.

It is very creamy and rich. Althought creamy at first , once settled on the face for about 5 mins its not so greasy. Good for dry air conditioned places and dry climates.

You can use it alone by itself or use it over your serum at night.

Because it is so rich, I only use up less than half a bottle since I bought a jar 9 months ago.

Do consider this product. I find it pretty effective and economical.

Non greasy moisturizer? Clarins because its packed with natural ingredients. The day cream is about 50-60 for 50mil bottle

If ANR is only applied at night, then in the day no need to apply any serum? Or can i use genefique for the day serum followed by a moisturizer?

If ANR is only applied at night, then in the day no need to apply any serum? Or can i use genefique for the day serum followed by a moisturizer?

Serums can be used day and night, but protected by a layer of applied moisterizer, so as to protect it from the air and external factors like sunlight, interfering its healing function. You will noticed that any product, esp serum are encased in a dark bottle, or a untransparent bottle, must be kept away from sunlight.

You can used ANR or genefique day and night, or ANR night genefiques day, depending how dry or oily your skin is. The skin ,regardless of what brand, should be constantly repaired or healed by a serum.

Rem know your skin type or else buying both is really very very expensive.

The must important it must suit your skin and delievers what it promises. You must be very patient with the results, because diff people react diff to the same product. With the same product, some see the results quickly some see the results arriving at a slower pace.

Rem just bec they are expensive brands doesnt mean they will work. Like I said, if a cheaper brand, like loreal works , why not?

If you decide to buy both ANR and Lancome, look at the total cost. If total cost is less than a bottle of 50ml prevage go for it.

Or buy the smaller 30ml of each which is cheaper to trial test their results.

If any of your friend can get them for you at the airport duty free, you actually can save quite alot.

I tried both ANR and Genefique. ANR gave me serious breakout and I gave the bottle to a fren who also similarly suffered a breakout of acne.

I m now third bottle of Genefique. Great serum.

Anyway, Lancome now have the eye set at $99. Inclusive of a mini sun block and concentrate. May be out of stock but can reserve.

Loreal is the owner of Lancome so some of their products share similar ingredients.

Read that Loreal Youth code has many similar ingredients with Genefique.

yes.... i am using creme lx, really can make someone looks 15year younger :thumb:

It's ACT up to 15 yrs younger, not LOOK. That is the claim made.

I heard quite alot of celebrities are using it. Whats the price like and where to get?

Well, Sandra Bullock personally endorsed the product when it was first launched in USA. She's now no longer the spokesperson as her contract has ended. Its anti-ageing effects are comparable to products of the premium line of other leading brands in the market, but relatively more economical. In Singapore, it is priced at S$ 485.00. This product can only be sourced via Amway member distributors.

Well, Sandra Bullock personally endorsed the product when it was first launched in USA. She's now no longer the spokesperson as her contract has ended. Its anti-ageing effects are comparable to products of the premium line of other leading brands in the market, but relatively more economical. In Singapore, it is priced at S$ 485.00. This product can only be sourced via Amway member distributors.

I'm also using lx creme. Can feel the skin more firm and smooth. I got it fr my friend's friend. If keen can email him at alexlcs@yahoo.com.