Male HQ

Advice On Male Skin Care - Acne Product / Body Lotion / Moisturizer / Face Wash (Compiled)

3. Mask 

All treats i.e. serums, essence, lotion etc.

Moisturiser.

Block.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

5 hours ago, bluerunner said:

One thing that always confuses me is when to apply what last:

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3.: face serum, eye serum, mask, moisturiser, sunblock. <--- which one comes first?!:frustrated:

As usual routine, you will usually start with the Cleanser, make sure you clean your face like cleaning a Toufu but not like scrubbing toilet....
After that pat dry the toner on the face, make sure the patting is gentle...

Third step: Moisturizer (make sure fully absorbed), face/eye serum follow by sunblock...

Mask you may use 2 times a week. after Toner and and before Moisturizer..

1 minute ago, bluerunner said:

@wesly003: thx thx

i thought mask is last (after moisturiser) so that everything traps underneath. Haha

one sales gal told me serum first then apply moisturiser. 

Regarding to the mask, usually mask will come in before the moisturiser steps....

For the serum part, you may apply in either way....no harm in any ways as long as you are applying it.....

6 hours ago, bluerunner said:

One thing that always confuses me is when to apply what last:

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3.: face serum, eye serum, mask, moisturiser, sunblock. <--- which one comes first?!:frustrated:

you can apply to your skin after cleansing but before moisturizing with the intent of delivering powerful ingredients directly into the skin. Serum is particularly suited to this task because it is made up of smaller molecules that can penetrate deeply into the skin and deliver a very high concentration of active ingredients. This makes them a great tool for targeting specific skincare concerns, like wrinkles. 

@bluerunner great. Moisturizer is key to any layering routine because it seals serums on our skin, which can make them more effective. BUT if sensitive skin reddens at the thought of using even one treatment product, try putting on a simple, fragrance-free moisturizer first and then serums on top.The cream will reduce the potency of the serums and be less likely to cause irritation. Basically, reverse when the skin gets sensitive. 

Edited by Gary Changg

I belong to the old guard and don't use all these but love watching 女人我最大。Some of the tips they give are amazing. Seems even the ladies are unaware which product to use first. The beautician did however mention once, to use the clearest product first and ending with the most opaque. Hope this make sense to those who use skin care products. 

On 2/6/2016 at 1:35 PM, Guest said:

I am 33 years old now.

Usually my skin care regime is just using facial foam in the morning and night to clean my face.

I was alarmed recently when I finally has "time" to really closely examine my face because normally i will just wash my face and shave.

I notice my skin is sagging with lesser elasticity and bigger pores. Fine wrinkles is also visible now.

I just wonder what are the treatments that young male adult now usually go for to improve and delay aging signs?

If you want something more lasting and have the money, i suggest you go to the dermatologist and do some laser or high frequency treatments.

there is really nothing much you can do about pore size with generic products, but you can try aha/bha to make it more refined. try paulas choice. the usa have a better concentration of acid as compared to asian brands.

as for generic brands, most of the time they are quite similar as they fall under the same parent company (eg. biotherm-loreal) so just get the cheaper stuff.

Guest shea butter lover

my routine is cleanser > toner > serum > shea butter.

follow by:

day time:

sun screen and a light layer of oil preventing powder so my face stay matte whole day.

night time:

after serum > shea butter

mask:

after cleansing I put on mask. after removed mask follow by toner etc.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Origins is gd!!!

The moisturizer is just as what he mentioned

He is nt a staff

he mentioned that while he is hunting for it...

https://sg.carousell.com/p/156021335

@PictureHouse, r u still using or have u tried other of his pdts??

many tend to luv korean brand, dr jar+ or sulwahsoo etc

read this! Gdness 400sgd

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/more-men-buying-into-skincare-in-singapore

many execs i have intvwd on average Only willing spend 4sgd per mth ie 48 per yr after apply card discounts mbrs rebates

On 24/06/2008 at 2:50 PM, Guest origin promoter said:

Which ORIGIN counter are u stationed ??? , i would like to buy fm you :whistle:

On 6/26/2017 at 1:57 AM, -Ignored- said:

anyone tried this?

sunblock probably kiehl for less oily options! expensive!

http://www.kiehls.com.sg/skincare/category/sun-care/ultra-light-daily-uv-defense-spf-50-pa/

I kept seeing Paula's choice, unheard of

The guy in your video has a funny way to take off his shirt, with only one hand.  

Would be interesting to see if he takes off his pants  with  one hand.

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The guy in your video has a funny way to take off his shirt, with only one hand.  

Would be interesting to see if he takes off his pants  with  one hand.

U r the first to comment on the way he removed shirt

i tot some straights also tend to do it this way?cant b only koreans can ?

Edited by lovehandle

Guest Guest

Just a question to sunblock users: Do you guys notice patches of uneven tone colour when you don’t have sunblock on? I always put on sunblock when I’m out, except when I’m just going downstairs to pack some food. Few nights ago, I went to my “Friend’s” house (without putting on sunblock), he was on top and he commented that I have uneven patch of skin tone on some part of my face.

It it just me or does that happen to some of you guys too? If its me, then most likely due to my uneven application. How do I correct/make sure it’s evenly applied? 

This is how I do it for years. I'm 57-to-be and as much as I like the sun, I always stay in the shade...Get the heat not the burnt.

I believe the trick is to have a ball of that lotion on one of  your cleaned palms.. rub it with both palms until it forms a thin layer .  Apply it on your face in symmetrical synchronised motion, starting from the nose region and gently push it outwards in circular motion.

This way there will be even application on both sides of the face.  

Always wear a hat if you are skeptical to sun burns. Remember to remove the excessive remnants once you reach home.  After a light foam wash, tone it with a proper toner to close the pores.

On 06/03/2018 at 6:56 PM, Guest Guest said:

Just a question to sunblock users: Do you guys notice patches of uneven tone colour when you don’t have sunblock on? I always put on sunblock when I’m out, except when I’m just going downstairs to pack some food. Few nights ago, I went to my “Friend’s” house (without putting on sunblock), he was on top and he commented that I have uneven patch of skin tone on some part of my face.

It it just me or does that happen to some of you guys too? If its me, then most likely due to my uneven application. How do I correct/make sure it’s evenly applied? 

Hmm, never had that issue. Apart from ensuring an even application, you may also wish to check on the following: 

1) whether the sunblock you are using has at least PA+++

2) whether your sunblock is water/sweat resistant (if not, sweat could also the sunblock to run off )

Generally, for broader spectrum coverage, sunblock containing zinc oxide will be The Best Bet. If you are worried about the white cast, you can consider those with micronised zinc. Also, certain parts of the face will tend to have more exposure to the sun rays like the nose and the cheekbone . So after applying a layer of sunblock on the face, you may want to consider applying another thin layer over those areas. Last but not least, you would need to apply the right amount to get the desired spf protection.

• 3 weeks later...

Skin experts 

anyone of u uses primer? Pore minimizers?

Does it really work?

got one from laneige before called pore care serum many many yrs back but didnt really use it

i dont use toner/lotion too- lazy u may call it

https://www.sephora.sg/products/benefit-cosmetics-the-porefessional-face-primer/v/22ml

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/12/2018 at 11:44 PM, randomperson said:

?
i rem someone asked about what is the difce betwn bb (blemish balm) , CC (Col correction/concealer cream) , DD (dynamic do-it-all) ie a hybrid of the prev 2?
He is so gd @ it! : (may i know what is that thing on his right ear? something like an ear stud?)
Do all of u have all the props like sponge etc just like what he used??

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

While mud packs and mud masks are quite popular, a mud mask made from the Dead Sea mud offers huge benefits to the skin. It contains vitamins and minerals that can do wonders to your skin. It helps prevent the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines while minimizing the open pores in the skin. If you are looking to buy a skin product so I would suggest you should go deadsea-cosmetic.com. I will assure you will be got here all solutions related to your skin.

It also helps in removing the overall dullness of the skin thus, making it is ideal for the people who have oily skin. Furthermore, dead sea mineral cosmetics contain zinc, magnesium, iodine, zinc, sodium, potassium and other minerals, which make skin look beautiful and attractive. The clay skin mask also helps in restoring the skin balance to make it soft and rejuvenated.

• 2 weeks later...

what is ball-mask?? any pics?

On 2/1/2019 at 3:49 PM, Garyl said:

Doing ball mask now.. volcano mask for deep cleanse.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:25 PM, Chris Teo said:

Any recommended gay friendly home base facial? I've combination skin. 

dont think there r any reliable home-based

i believe this substance is Highly essential :  glycolic acid!!! https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/are-you-getting-the-most-out-of-your-skincare-product?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3XPCQqMFtQUxWHzm4Qgm5jY9sIjUd7LPB06hg2y9B-7Wi7gc2JTHrfDHA#Echobox=1557125585

anyone uses glyco just like me even at home?

for those who wish to save from buying expensive korea products or Sk ii 
Get it from Fresh  (directly) or Sephora
BLACK TEA KOMBUCHA FACIAL TREATMENT ESSENCE: it works miraculously too
https://www.fresh.com/SG/essences-%26-mists/black-tea-kombucha-facial-treatment-essence/H00004384.html
most importantly i m amused how  u guys tested products!!!!! how do u do it? on your hand/palm?eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

• 3 months later...

what is the best moisturizer in the market now. I give up using moisturizer because I feel my face always getting oily and the moisturizer kind of disturbing to my eyes even though I didnt apply it on my eyes area. May be because of oil and sweat it spread to my eyes? 

preferable non oily type moisturizer.  

I see there is some moisturizer also include SPF, is it necessary if most of the time we just stay in the office and only go out during lunch time? 

Thanks in advance for any expert here .. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 2:37 PM, durianking said:

what is the best moisturizer in the market now. I give up using moisturizer because I feel my face always getting oily and the moisturizer kind of disturbing to my eyes even though I didnt apply it on my eyes area. May be because of oil and sweat it spread to my eyes? 

I see there is some moisturizer also include SPF, is it necessary if most of the time we just stay in the office and only go out during lunch time? 

recently i started using hada labo water gel moisturiser. love it as its simple , clean and not oily. no SPF though.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:37 PM, durianking said:

image.png.99b7c3fa2b824fbb03d71462cd7e40f1.png

I use this as moisturiser. A bit pricy, but worth it. It's oil-free and quite light. Not sticky at all, compared to other moisturisers. 

(BTW I'm not paid by Kiehl's to do this, LOL)

• 7 months later...

Anyone here uses Hada Labo skincare products for daily moisturizing? Are they any good?

Also anyone uses Bulldog men’s skincare products (from UK)?  Any good?

I’m looking to get a serum and moisturizer for daily use (SPF moisturizer for daytime). Appreciate any product recommendations from the above brands, if any. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 6:56 PM, Guest Guest said:

It depends on the brand and type of sunblock. The skin coloured cream type with has to be dabbed on to make the cream disappear and not patchy

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I'm a skin care enthusiast ... since I don't have any education degree related to it.

I watched a lot of youtube to learn about a lot of things.

I prefer to explore Korean skin care, since they are affordable and known for great quality.

I try to choose products that do NOT contain fragrance / essential oils

After buying online from several websites, I found stylekorean has cheapest price and has great offer (I only buy when there are enough sale items to claim free delivery)

If you have any questions, I will try to answer (and refer to any youtube video where I got it from).

My main source would be

Hyram channel = fragrance free and essential oils free (with exception)

Kelly Driscoll channel = a lot of Korean products review

Overall, in 2020 itself, I have bought 4x skin haul ... my reason, they should last for 2 years.

I attach products I bought on 2nd, 3rd, and most recent 4th haul

Would be good to exchange info / ideas about products

Skin Haul 2.jpg

Skin Haul 4.jpg

Skin Haul 3.jpg

• 2 years later...