Male HQ

Advice On Male Skin Care - Acne Product / Body Lotion / Moisturizer / Face Wash (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Guys...dont worry about looking presentable or being vain. I've seen dead corpse being made-up to looks nice in the casket/coffin for the next world.

Guest Guest

Just because you look like a dead corpse with makeup doesnt mean we also want to look like one. :whistle: So, Olay has tog palmitoyl pentapeptide.... interesting!!!

Guest Guest
Just because you look like a dead corpse with makeup doesnt mean we also want to look like one. :whistle: So, Olay has tog palmitoyl pentapeptide.... interesting!!!

Be natural and be yourself la.

If you are ugly, you are ugly. Why try to be somebody else you are not

Guest Guest
If you are ugly, you are ugly. Why try to be somebody else you are not

You are talking about yourself ah? There is still help for you. Try Loreal because you are worth it! :D or maybe not. :whistle:

Guest Guest

No7 in Thailand is around 1,200.00 THB = 58.0665 SGD for 30ML tube (new packaging), whereas OLAY REGENERIST DAILY SERUM 50ML around $40 SGD. I got no7 myself just to try mainly for eyes and forehead areas and see what's the hype all about.

Guest fm am

OLAY REGENERIST DAILY SERUM retails only abt $25+ I think. Guest at 3.32, do let us know if the No 7 really works for you (make it worse). :D

Guest Guest

The key (active) ingredients are listed after all others (assuming it's in descending order}, you probably have to use a lot to see results.

palmitoyl pentapeptide-3

palmitoyl oligopeptide

palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3

lupinus albus (also the key ingredient found in no7) but not Olay.

It has silicone in it which makes your face feel smooth. :)

I can only afford short and cheap holiday lah. How was your last holiday in BKK ah, jazz? You never tell us anything. :D

Nothing much happen ... ... went there, met up with frens.

Went to Ambassador.... (very disappointed... the usual masseur wasn't around, got someone who can't even do a decent massage - on top of that, not my type :P )

Visited Hero, although more upclass (in other words, more expensive), but still get the best massage (my personal views). Exchanged numbers and kept intouch with a guy :twisted:

Not the right threat to talk about my experience... so keeping it Short & Sweet...

Asking other 都市玉男 here, do you use cosmetic ? Every morning, I washed my face with facial oil-preventive cleanser, then apply toner, whitening moisturiser, sun block lotion and then lip balm. That will last for the entire day. Before I sleep, I will do the same process except no sun block lotion ....

Do you have any recommendation?

Went to a men's spa once and bought some 4VOO products and they are really good.Especially the deep exfoliation scrub, energizing mask and the dynamic lift treatment for eye.I've also try using the concealer for men from Menaji.

Guest Guest

Got no7, just arrived from UK. I tried it under eyes and forehead areas which prone to wrinkles and creases. I try anything once to see what's the hype all about these miracle cream.

In my opinion for long term, results will be minimal and superficial since the only good active ingredient is last on the list - tons of silicone.

It does not and cannot do what "retinoids" can do in the dermis.

There have been hundreds of studies done, this is not new and it's mostly nonsense. :D

Guest Guest

Ginvera for aunties? :D

This particular product from Ginvera called Green Tea Marvel Gel which promoted to remove dead skin cells. I tried the sample, it's balls up when you gently rub it on to skin. I am a little skeptic whether it's the product itself designed to do just that or the real dead skin cells. :D

Guest Guest

I have tested Ginvera Marcel Gel with Green Tea evenly onto the top of my dry hand and massage gently in a circular motion. Soon after the powdery particles will appear, which the product claimed that's the residues from the peeling of the cornified layer of the skin. Rinse off with water and dry my hands. I repeat that 3 times on the same hand/spot, the product still left residues. That's a very rapid formation of a horny layer of skin (dead skin cells). :D

Note: As we age, our skin's 28-day renewal cycle progressively slows down. Dead skin cells pile up on the surface of your skin, giving it a rough, dull appearance.

• 7 months later...

Hi, does anyone has any skincare products to recommend to counter the folloing problems..

-Oily skin..

-Pimples..

-Eye bag..

Or even better, can anyone teach me how to 'take care' of my face.. (like how girls does their)..

I'm new to 'skin-caring', can anyone be kind enough to guide me though?

For products, can you all be more specific like giving me the name, brand, where to buy, pic would be a great help.. thanks ^^

Simple english would be a great help too as i truely can't understand some terms used for 'skin-caring'..

Thanks again ^^

At your age, oily skin and acnes (pimples) will continue to follow you for a number of years. If you skin is very oily and you dont take care well, pimples are inevitable. It is normal for growing up kids like you to experience some pimples as they will surface and wane and eventually outgrow your adolescene. However, some ppl have severe acnes which can be disfiguring if they dont take care well.

I suggest you seek a dermatologist if you can afford or if your acnes are severe (with swelling and pus). Otherwise, a simple regime like

- daily cleansing of face with a facewash twice a day

- avoid sleeping with your face on oily pillows

- avoid certain spicy food (true for some ppl)

- dont anyhow press those unripe pimples because you may cause more scars

- picking and pressing the ripe pimples is a skill, and often a pair of clean hands must be observed, otherwise, scars or reinfection may occur

- if you use oily stuff on your hair (gel, etc), may I suggest you to shampoo daily

- some ppl prefer to go to beauty saloon and may I suggest you choose a reliable one

Hope my advices help you in your care of skin.

Pls browse this website for further info http://www.nsc.gov.sg/cgi-bin/WB_ContentGe...=142&gid=33

Sorry I am unsure of eye bags and I think only plastic surgeons may help.

Edited by reflection

z

Hi

I think u got to use facial scrub to remove away ur face death cell follow by toner to clear the dirty particle on ur face.

not really advisable if your face have active acne or pimples as you will spread the bacteria around the face.

just use a light cleanser to gently cleanse the face will do.

Suggest you use a gentle cleanser to wash your face daily when you wake up and before going to bed. I suggest Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser for All Skin Types. That will also soften your beard for you to do a wet shave which is better for your skin then using an electric shaver. After that use an alcohol free toner such as the Clarins Toning Lotion to tone the skin. After that in the day, use a gentle cream to nourish the skin. I sugggest the Clarins Multi Active Day Cream Gel for all skin types. At night after the Toning Lotion, use the Clarins Multi Active Night Lotion to nourish your skin.

I am not a Clarins promoter but I find their products work for me because all their ingredients are natural. If you want more advice, you can see Rosalind at the Clarins Counter in BHG in Bugis Junction. I go to her as she is very experienced, gives good advice and is generous with samples too. I think the 4 products above if you use them carefully will yield visible results soon.

Good luck!

Hi, does anyone has any skincare products to recommend to counter the folloing problems..

-Oily skin..

-Pimples..

-Eye bag..

i actually din want to comment/advise cos i have not seen your condition.... but LC ask me to post... so here goes.....

Renlu: from your other posting. understand that you are still 18 years old. still undergoing puberty.

PIMPLES

there are many causes for pimples. one is puberty, hormone change. another cause is "poor maintenance and poor hygience"

for poor maintenance and hygience:

Rule #1 : Never touch your face with unclean hands. will only increase the bacteria on it, which will lead to more serious acne problems.

Rule #2 : Never try to squeeze out the pimples/acne. will only cause wound infection and leave scars which you will regret later.

you have to understand what causes pimples in order to stop pimples.

Pimples/Acne is caused when pores are clogged and have become infected. so maintaining a daily routine of cleansing your face is VERY important.

there are many pimples cream out in the market today. brands like OXY which you can try.... i'm not crazy over this brand, though it do work for some ppl.

Personally, i prefer Tea Tree Oil. just go down to any Guardian shop and look for this 100% pure Tea Tree oil under the brand "Thursday Plantation". other brand also can. but just that this brand works wonders for me. :P and also get this ALOE VERA 100% gel by "Fruits Of The Earth" (alternatively, you can get Jerubi, but Fruits of the earth is cheaper).

every evening when you reach home, after washing your face (and you know you will not be going out again), drip 1-2 drops of tea tree oil onto a cotton bud. then aply it onto EVERY pimples on your face. Try not to use the same cotton bud for every 2-3 pimples. However if your WHOLE face is covered with pimples, just give up, just clean your hands till very clean, drip a few drop onto your palm, then use your finger of your other hand to just dab it over the affected area...wait for a while, then apply Aloe Vera gel onto the pimples. and leave it like that. your pimples/acne will most prob start to heal in a matter of days.

*Tea Tree Oil is Antiseptic, and Aloe Vera Gel promotes healing, and also good for irritated skin.*

Make Sure you change your PILLOW case very very frequently. when you got serious acne problems, bacteria will be left on your pillow case. when you are treating serious pimples problem. best to change your pillowcase every 2-3 days.

try to use a facial Scrub on your face 1-2 times a week (dependable on the condition of your skin). this is to rid the stubborn dead skin cells that is stuck on your skin. but note, DO NOT use so much force to scrub that you break all the pimples.... for facial scrub i recommend : Loreal PURE ZONE Deep exfoliating gel wash. cause its very watery yet scrubs cleanly. focus on areas without pimples. on areas with pimples, just just give it a few gentle rubs will do.

For normal cleanser, i recommend this "Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash" by Body Shop.

For toner, i recommend " Deep Pore Cleansing Toner" by Clearasil Ultra. available in all Guardian / Watson

OILY SKIN

Oily skin is very Misleading...... many people though that they should not use moisturizer, as their face is oily enough. WRONG! After using products that are "For Oily Skin" their skin tends to get very dry. and your skin in turn tells your brain and glands to produce more oil! this is why after washing your face, its not oily initially, but after 1-2 hours all the oil comes back!

after washing your face, used toner, apply a thin layer of moisturiser before you leave your house in the morning. this will delay your skin from generating oil too fast. Warning. DO NOT apply moisturiser ONTO your pimples.... have a packet of oil blotters with you. oil usually will pop out at your T-Zone first. namely: Forehead, nose and chin area. use blotters when necessary. Oil Blotters i recommend this "Oil Clear paper" by Gatsby. available in all watson stores. use the NON-powdered type wan.

what is the different between all the type of cleansers?

For Oily Skin -- this product is VERY strong. it cleans very deep into your pores. removing all traces of oil immediately.

For Dry Skin -- This product have moisturising effect on the skin. usually consist of jojoba oil or avacado extracts.

For Sensitive Skin: this product is very very very light. to normal ppl: got use no use no difference wan. but cos there are some ppl who have really sensitive skin that might react to some slightly stronger products thus they cannot use just use any cleanser.

For Combination Skin : some part of your face is dry (usually cheeks) some part is oily (usually T zone). these cleansers works like those cleanser meant "For Normal Skin". not much difference except for the name.

For Normal Skin -- need i say more?

Day time, you may like to follow up with a moisturiser that is light. Loreal Men Expert have this new range, which i find very good. Pure & Matte anti-regreasing moisturing gel. which is sold in Watson for less than $20. i only use moisturiser in the day time before i leave house. at your age, you can skip the moisturiser at night and apply your anti-acne thingy at night. usually before i sleep i just apply Aloe Vera gel over my face and just leave it there till next day.

For those without Majory Pimples problem, Aloe Vera gel have the effect of calming your skin, promotes healing and minimize pores. i sometimes apply the gel as a moisturiser. however if you intend to use it as a moisturiser, i recommend "Jorubi" compared to "Fruits Of The Earth" as it is less sticky.

confusing? nah.... in conclusion, the 10 things you need to do/buy are as follows....

1) a "For Oily/Blemish Skin" cleanser <--- minimum wash your face at least 2 times. in the Morning after you wake up and Night time when you reach home.

2) Deep cleansing toner <-- drip onto cotton pad and just apply onto your skin might if too strong if used without cotton pad.

3) Moisturiser <-- use a very light moisturiser. for morning usage, before you leave your house. DO NOT apply onto the pimples.

4) a facial scrub which you use 1-3 times a week. <--- do not scrub daily!

5) 100% Tea Tree Oil < --- anti septic for the pimples.

6) Aloe Vera Gel <--- Promotes Skin healing.

7) Oil Blotters.

8) Cotton Buds and Cotton Pads.

9) Drink a lot of plain water. flush out all the toxins in your body. drink most, early in the morning when you wake up.

10) To prevent your face from infection again, change your pillowcase every 2-3 days.

EYEBAGS

For eye bags, there is currently no known cure. what you can do is just to prevent yourself from getting dark circles, which in turn will amplify your eye bags. eye bags can only be removed by plastic surgery. but as you are still young, no need to go to that exteme.

Alternatively, you may pat your eye bags with your hands, for about 20-30 seconds in the morning when you wake up, and another 20-30 seconds before you go to bed every night. i said PAT.... not SLAP. remember that.

Edited by Stoner79

Would It Shatter Your Illusion If This Angel Had Been Cursed?

http://shitou79.blogspot.com

Kindly note that the above mentioned is recommended only for Renlu, who is undergoing puberty and serious acne problems.

just in case you are wondering..... i used to have very serious ACNE problems. so serious is that.... i can have pimples growing on top of my acne swells .... and also i can have 2-3 pimples growing around the exact same spot. it was that serious.

Renlu: let me know if your pimples improved if you choose to follow my recommendations. cheers.

PS: i do not believe in using the whole range of products from one single series. as i know that.... when scientist come out with one new "WORKABLE" product, they slowly add in other range in the series to make more money. thus to me... every series only have ONE single product that is really GOOD. its up to you to find out which product is that. haha

Edited by Stoner79

Thanks alot for the detailed advice by stoner and many others as well..

I'm not really having serious acne problems, just wanna to look closer to 'perfection' ^^

Thanks alot ^^ i truely appreciate all this information.. ^^

As to stoner, i will keep you informed as for the progression of my skin problem.. thanks again ^^

-Oily skin..

-Pimples..

-Eye bag..

Or even better, can anyone teach me how to 'take care' of my face.. (like how girls does their)..

I'm new to 'skin-caring', can anyone be kind enough to guide me though?

For products, can you all be more specific like giving me the name, brand, where to buy, pic would be a great help.. thanks ^^

Simple english would be a great help too as i truely can't understand some terms used for 'skin-caring'..

Thanks again ^^

eye bag is sexy.... don't need to do anything to it :)

I recommend you do not over do your skin, use a good facial soap to clean. Try to take balance diets and plenty of fruits ad vitamin C and B, that will keep your skin beautiful. One more thing is that you cannot have any constipation and your daily bowel must be very very satisfactory. Just managed to come out is not enough and it has to come-out with big volumes and you should feel a sense of discharge like dropping big bombs, and your skin will shine. The more you try to do your skin with all stimulus the worse sometimes it can be. Just my opinion.

Use facial soap/bar like Neutrogena or The Body Shop Tea Tree series..they are pretty effective in controlling blemishes. U can also get The Body Shop 100% Tea Tree Oil and apply on the spot/ area (no need for the entire face)..u also need to take note of the following:

- Use toner/freshener to control the oily skin

- Do not wash your face excessively

- Do not touch your face with ur hands

- Do not squeeze the acne..wait for it to dry and harden

- Use facial mask (not cum mask yah)

- Balanced diet, fruits, veg, less fried/ oily stuff + plenty water

- Adequate rest

Well, the above works for me..hope it helps!

Guest guest

I guess all humans have eye bags. Just that some are very obvious and some are not.

This method works well on my eye bag, not sure about u.. U can give it a try

1. Place a used tea bag (with a bit of moist) on the area for about 15-20mins before going to sleep. It should improve the condition. as the tea leaves contain anti-oxidant and vitamin K which can promote healing.

2. Must have enough sleep.

用茶包消眼袋行不通

說法:睡眠質量不好、失眠,或常常熬夜的人,眼睛容易水腫,或產生眼袋。有些人選擇用茶包敷眼睛消腫消眼袋,這樣的做法是錯誤的,它會造成眼睛四周的過敏。

醫生批語:茶葉中含有的茶多酚,有去脂、收縮血管的作用,因此,對消除黑眼圈有一些作用。不過,茶葉中的單寧酸對敏感皮膚會有刺激性,所以建議如果選擇用茶袋敷眼,應將茶袋先用熱水浸泡過 (擠掉多餘的水分),促使酸性物質揮發,減少對皮膚的刺激。

Edited by nvms

but i'm 'born' with the eyebag, not due to lack of sleep or etc.. when to new york skin solution before and they said it's due to sensitive nose which i truely also have.. nyss is a bit exp.. so hope to find another alternative.. if not.. i shall save up for it then ^^ thanks again, again ^^

Edited by Renlu

Mine is only somewhat satisfactory. Is that why I'm getting pimples around my groin area?

Needs a mask application after a good groin scrub, followed by a good lathering of moisturiser... drink lots of water and cooling tea....heh heh

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

Mine is only somewhat satisfactory. Is that why I'm getting pimples around my groin area?

hm.... TC..... pimples on groin area.... usually cos of skin irritation.. which usually only happens to ppl who shave their pubics... so that means.... hehehehe

• 3 months later...

Origins has always been my favourite in this skin care region.

Always amazed how they produced their facial products to be in sync with Nature & Plants.

Make a Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment, Plantidote Mega Mushroom Face Serum, A Perfect World etc. are some of their most popular lines there.

Anyone also using Origins ? Hope to know more like minded friends who are in love with this brand.

http://www.origins.com

Edited by PictureHouse

Origins has always been my favourite in this skin care region.

Always amazed how they produced their facial products to be in sync with Nature & Plants.

Make a Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment, Plantidote Mega Mushroom Face Serum, A Perfect World etc. are some of their most popular lines there.

Anyone also using Origins ? Hope to know more like minded friends who are in love with this brand.

http://www.origins.com

It's quite pricey btw.

I tried the serum cleaing the scars. taking almost the tube.

It makes me to think twice lor. Sori to tat

Welll, I try to hunt for this Apple based shampoo in Origins during lunch. They said its out of stock since last week. That good !!!!

Nevertheless, would love to share with you guys on this MOISTURIZER that helps me lift my facial contours and making me look so rested and not tired.

Its a light cream based (no... its not greasy or heavy) and easily absorbed by your skin after washing.

Its called (( Make A Difference™ Skin rejuvenating treatment ))

It's never too late to change skin's fate.

Make A Difference™ Skin rejuvenating treatment

This botanical breakthrough proves that not all visible skin damage is forever. Origins found a team of skin redeemers. The Rose of Jericho (a “resurrection” plant that can survive and thrive after decades of drought), cell-reviving Trehalose from corn sugar and Sea Haricots help skin rebound from dramatic dehydration. And a resourceful, ancient Oceanic Flora helps repair an aging appearance due to UV and environmental exposure. And Sage wisely rebuilds skin’s barrier to avert future damage. Used twice daily, wrinkled, weathered, potentially leathered skin resumes a youthfully-smooth look and feel

HOW TO USE: Apply A.M. and P.M. after A Perfect World™ White tea skin guardian. Follow with moisturizer if desired.

Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist tested.

Make A Difference™ is ideal for all skin types.

Edited by PictureHouse

Guest origin promoter

Which ORIGIN counter are u stationed ??? , i would like to buy fm you :whistle:

Welll, I try to hunt for this Apple based shampoo in Origins during lunch. They said its out of stock since last week. That good !!!!

Nevertheless, would love to share with you guys on this MOISTURIZER that helps me lift my facial contours and making me look so rested and not tired.

Its a light cream based (no... its not greasy or heavy) and easily absorbed by your skin after washing.

Its called (( Make A Difference™ Skin rejuvenating treatment ))

It's never too late to change skin's fate.

Make A Difference™ Skin rejuvenating treatment

This botanical breakthrough proves that not all visible skin damage is forever. Origins found a team of skin redeemers. The Rose of Jericho (a “resurrection” plant that can survive and thrive after decades of drought), cell-reviving Trehalose from corn sugar and Sea Haricots help skin rebound from dramatic dehydration. And a resourceful, ancient Oceanic Flora helps repair an aging appearance due to UV and environmental exposure. And Sage wisely rebuilds skin’s barrier to avert future damage. Used twice daily, wrinkled, weathered, potentially leathered skin resumes a youthfully-smooth look and feel

HOW TO USE: Apply A.M. and P.M. after A Perfect World™ White tea skin guardian. Follow with moisturizer if desired.

Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist tested.

Make A Difference™ is ideal for all skin types.