Male HQ

Advice On Male Skin Care - Acne Product / Body Lotion / Moisturizer / Face Wash (Compiled)

... ... ... Do note that you're subject to a limit of 3 pieces of any SKII item as it is so much cheaper there... ... ...

Thanks for the info. :thumb:

What kind of savings are we taking about?

A 120g Facial Treatment Cleanser cost $68 in Singapore.

i used to go to face of man for treatment for my ance and scar but after so many treatments, there no sign of improvement and sometimes it got worse.... the worse of all, they still got cheek to ask me to sign up for more expensive packages which claims to be more effective.... :angry: bull shit :swear: the last time they said they going to treat my scar and ance with the current treatment... but :swear:

they used to be very professional but now very commercial amd $$ face :angry:

Guest artemov

Wanted to try the Facial Treatment Cleanser also. Effective? I heard some people got breakout.

S$68 where can get huh?

Wanted to try the Facial Treatment Cleanser also. Effective? I heard some people got breakout.

S$68 where can get huh?

Facial Cleanser alone does not stop breakouts.

I know of people who use a $6.80 tube of cleanser and does not get any breakout as well as people who uses many many products and still gets them :lol: That's life.... For those unlucky dudes, you would have to do a lot more. NOt just products on your skin, but also the food that enter thru your mouth (don't think naughty :twisted: ).

$68 is the RRP... I got mine from OG SK-II counter.

I personally didn't like SKII stuff, tried my friend's SKII's toner (smelt like poultry) and the essence water (smelt like saliva) and think they smell weird...

These days, alot of rock band artists are wearing heavy mascara and eye liner... i thought they look really cool and kick-ass! :thumb:

Koh Samui, I need u...

Can use face wash and cosmetics frm V400... very good for men, so far I do not have a problem with it. I als have oily skin and used to have breakouts~

hi, can tell me what's V400 ? where to buy ?? thanks

I think OtherPaw was referring to 4VOO instead. :o

You can go to http://www.menstyle.com.sg/.

Or at their shop "WhatHeWants" at The Cathay (#01-06). They are currently having 20% discount for 4VOO products! However, be prepared to pay even with their discount.

Facial Balancing Cleanser: $95.00 (after discount $76.00)

Deep Exfoliation Scrub: $108 (after discount $86.40)

Dynamic Lift Treatment: $184.00 (after discount $147.20)

Maximum Renewal Moisturizer $136.00 (after discount $108.80)

Hi... Just a slight detour back to definitions... I think in today's context, the word "cosmetics" is used more as the equivalent to "make-up". However, cosmetics should be the general word that includes "make-up range" and ""skin care range".

Below is taken from the website of a man's product range and that's how they classified their products.

men's skin care

facial balancing cleanser

repairing after shave balm

deep exfoliation scrub

energizing mask

maximum renewal moisturizer

dynamic lift treatment

rejuvenating under eye gel

men's cosmetics / makeup

shine reduction powder

confidence corrector

face and body bronzer

tinted shimmer

enhancing eyeliner

lash & brow styling glaze

lip maximizing serum

moisturizing lip protector

谁叫你是如花似玉的玉男呢? biggrin.gif

Wow, its cool to know that there are so many 花似玉的玉男 guys in here who can talk about skin care/cosmetic until "tian hua luan jui".

My tips:

Try scrubbing your face and do facial mask at least twice a week.

Then, apply toner before anything-else.

Using lots of sun-block moisturizer .... why? because 一白遮三丑 mah ! biggrin.gif

You have to try-and-error until you find a product range that suits you. So, be patient. But remember, you not necessary have to buy those expensive products --- so cheap (oops reasonable price) ones are equually good.

Guest Guest
Would love to hear from members here who have achieved good results/treatments by using products bought over the counter or from good dermatologists/doctors.

Dear Wasabi

Do not go to those walk-in counter or beauty saloon for skin treatment.

If your case is very serious, I suggest you go to National Skin Center. They (the doctors! Not beauticians) will do a skin analysis and then professionally advise you what to do. I saw lots of teenagers there with "dou dou" face.

On your side, avoid oily and spicy foods. Take more water, fruits and vegetables. You are what you eat !!!

Guest Guest
Alamak .... How come this thread on pimples and acne become orgy? :unsure:

Orgy to release the "yang" juice (yup, heaty stuff) will help to detox too ..... :D:D

I like the treatment essence. That is as far as I will go... I have tried some of their stuff... normal. Essense is still the best

... ... ...

That is why it is also known as "Miracle Water".

I also like the feeling of the skin after application. Smooooth.... :lol:

Guest Guest
Asking other 都市玉男 here, do you use cosmetic ? Every morning, I washed my face with facial oil-preventive cleanser, then apply toner, whitening moisturiser, sun block lotion and then lip balm. That will last for the entire day. Before I sleep, I will do the same process except no sun block lotion ....

Do you have any recommendation?

I think you still need an eye cream. The eyes area is the first to show signs of aging.

And u should use a scrub to exfoliate your skin 3-4 times a week.This is to help get rid of dead skin and let the skin absorb any creams that u apply afterwards.

Guest Guest

I personally apply cleanser daily. Before going out, I will apply a layer of moisturiser, toner & follow with a thin layer skin tone foundation.

Some of you may think what I did is sissy, but honestly this is to prevent or prevent your skin getting ageing so early.

Some of you may think what I did is sissy, but honestly this is to prevent or prevent your skin getting ageing so early.

You're not sissy lah. Just careless. :D Why is the most important beauty product missing in your beauty regime. Sunblock. Nothing ages your skin faster than those invisibe UV rays. (unless your moisturiser got sunblock). :oops:

I am looking for a cleanser and/or scrub, and a not too oily moisturizer. Any recommendation?

Try 4VOO, althought a little pricy, the cleanser can last for about 2 months.

I like 4VOO scrub as well. As you scrub, your skin feels a little warm. This open up the pores for more effective cleaning.

Instinct named it as the Best Exfoliator.

What Instinct looked for: An exfoliator must thoroughly exfoliate the skin without irritation, dislodge blackheads, and leave the skin feeling renewed.

If you want to firm, tone and revitalize tried, stressed skin, try their "Dynamic Lift Treatment". End with their Maximum Renewal Moisturizer.

4VOO's "Dynamic Lift Treatment" and "Maximum Renewal Mosisturiser" contains Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 which is said to be "better than botox" :lol: Research on this ingrediant showed the following results:

reduced deep wrinkles by 60%

reduced moderate wrinkles by 57%

reduced mean density of wrinkled area by 51%

reduced skin roughness by 17%

The overall results? A dramatic reduction of wrinkle quantity and depth, combined with smoother, suppler skin.

DISCLAIMER: All these information were copied from their brochure :P

Was walking past the CK perfume counter and chanced upon CK's latest perfume- Into2U (comes in men or women version). Sprayed a bit on the arms and my god, it smelled really lovely. And couldnt help smelling my arm again and again as I walked away. The cheapest place to buy perfume is at Lucky Plaza. Their prices are normally many times cheaper (even than those at the airport dutyfree) esp if they have 'tester' bottle - bottle meant for customer to test but they sell it instead.

... ... ... Do note that you're subject to a limit of 3 pieces of any SKII item as it is so much cheaper there... ... ...

Thanks for the info. :thumb:

What kind of savings are we taking about?

I think we are looking at possibly slightly over SGD 50 for the same item. Sorry I don't use the product though my ex does (and he loaded up on them, especially the facial cleanser which is harder to come by).

Guest Guest

Tried 4VOO products, although it's nice but not wirth the price IMO. There are better stuff out there such as Cetaphil cleanser for Oily skin only $10 for 200ml.

Guest Guest

Well, any skin care brands that endorsed/advertised by celebrities are basically overpriced, overrated and expensive. Consumers pay for pretty packaging and marketing costs. The products either make little or no difference in comparison to other cheaper brands. Don't waste your money!

Guest aruba

I once read an article from China saying that SKII products are subtle biological weapons against Chinese people. These products contain some chemicals that will cause mutation to the Chinese genes which will result in producing weak offsprings. Also, SKII purposely mark up the price to attract more Chinese buyers as they feel that Chinese nationals are very materialistic. That is, the more expensive it is, the more they will buy...just to up their GLAM factor.

Probably a crap from the anti-japs...

I am a SKII user myself and I don't fancy jap men but I don't really believe the above ;)

all those stuff are mostly concocted chemicals from branded companies.....

best facial is using white yolk of kampung chicken egg + wheat flour + lime juice

- it will hardenup and form as mask , just peel and wash

for best body scrub, use basil leave + oregano + turmeric + rice flour - pounded or blended and sieve - add water and spread all over the body

you'll feel afresh and clean as ever.....

Can't beat traditional formula - all natural and organic !

i think if you sports, get enough sleep & drink more vege & fruits juice will helps, no point keep buying epensive stuff for skin treatment, start from within

A scientific study came out recently with a startling finding- that the most expensive age-defying cosmetic products (I suppose that includes SK11) do not necessarily guarantee the most satisfactory result. In fact, the good old cheap Olay regenerist range came up top in term of visible difference after tests.

I use "cheaper" but still "branded" alternative from Watson/Guardian.

I found the following article useful.

---

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/healthy-li...dy-wash-lotions

The man's guide to skin care products

Date updated: March 01, 2007

By Corinne Iozzio

Content provided by Revolution Health Group

Excuse the pun, but face it: A multi-step skin care regimen isn't something most guys are ready to add to their lifestyles. This wasn't always the case, according to Eric Ruimy, owner and general manager of Nickel Spa for Men in San Francisco. "We forget that all the way back in Roman times, men were the ones taking care of their skin

I enjoy using a face bronzer or self-tanner. I highly recommend Anthony's Self Tanner with Anti-Aging Complex. ;) It gives you a good colour- a sun-kissed look.

Anyway when I was back in Singapore and in Asia general last year i cannot help but noticed the amount of skin-whitening products- even for men! From subway stations to TV commercials. I find it kind of amusing considering how opposite things are here in the US at least- fake tanners, body bronzers etc.

Though it is quite obvious when a guy uses the skin whitenening thing. i saw a guy whose face looks a little too unnatural when you compare the face and the area around the neck and it goes to a complete different shade neck down.

Personally I will tan the body a little just for colour especially during summer but always wear a hat and sun screen.

:hat:

Love. 

I have used ProActive and I have to say they do work. (Besides Vanessa Williams is hawking it) Sometimes a little too well- i.e. drying, but when that happens, instead of using 2x a day, I use it once a day and something else in the evening to cleanse. I highly recommend it.

To fade the scars, microdermabrasion works best but it takes several courses to clear up the deeper scars.

Love. 

Guest Guest

for your info, micro-dermabrasion DO NOT clear scars at all. It is a gimmick to make your face shiny. You can go back to work and it heals in hours because it is very light sand papering.

Dermabrasion does clear some shallow scars, but is is bloody as it removes the outer layer of your skin and let it heals. Take weeks to restore.

• 2 weeks later...
... ... ... I think the best skincare product I've bought has got to be Neutrogena's Rainbath shower/bath gel. Amazing results.

Good Deal,

Cold Storage having Promotion:

2 X 473 ml Neutrogena Rainbath, and

1 X 250 ml Neutrogena Body Lotion

at only $18.90.

Watson selling 1 bottle of 473 ml Rainbath at $13+.

Guest Guest
... ... ... I think the best skincare product I've bought has got to be Neutrogena's Rainbath shower/bath gel. Amazing results.

Good Deal,

Cold Storage having Promotion:

2 X 473 ml Neutrogena Rainbath, and

1 X 250 ml Neutrogena Body Lotion

at only $18.90.

Watson selling 1 bottle of 473 ml Rainbath at $13+.

Which scent is good of Neutrogena Rainbath? Is it the original or Citrus Marine - I don't know other scents is there any?

• 3 weeks later...

The latest beauty craze Boots' No 7. Not available here but those heading to Bangkok should be able to get their hand on it. Certainly I will after reading this report:

'A skin care product that languished on the shelves for years has become so hot in Britain that pharmacies are limiting customers to one bottle each.

The secret of success for Boots' No. 7 Protect and Perfect anti-aging serum is a BBC special this year identifying the product as something that may actually work, The Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

Ever since a dermatologist who analyzed the serum gave it a thumbs-up, demand for the product has reached unprecedented levels in the United Kingdom.

A spokeswoman for the Boots pharmacy chain told the Times that in a single weekend they sold 160,000 bottles.

The plant that manufactures No. 7 has increased production to 20,000 bottles a week but it still isn't enough to meet demand.

"The first weekend after the BBC program, we gave tickets out because the queue was so big," Boots employee Sue Desilva said in the Times article. "They're working 24 hours just to make it."

Guest Guest

“Don’t Die Young” Episode 5 – “Skin” by BBC

Quote:

The body’s largest organ — the skin — comes under close scrutiny in this penultimate episode.

Alice puts her own outer layer through a series of tests, weathering temperature extremes and running her face through a computer programme – which ages her until she looks like an 80-year-old.

Alice asks whether the thousands of wrinkle creams available are any good, or a complete waste of money. She also meets Ed Akerman, a 22-year-old farmer who exposes his skin to the hazards of the elements and his physical farming job on a daily basis. Alice puts his skin under the microscope to find out just how much damage he’s doing without the right protection.

###############################################

NEW cult skincare brand - Leaf and Rusher.

http://www.leafandrusher.com/

Just from the website, you can tell they aren't some gimmick...supposedly celebrities use this. Anyone tried their stuff?

Guest Guest

Boots No7 Protect & Perfect (The UK version)

Ingredients list: cyclopentasiloxane, aqua, butylene glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, dimethicone copolyol, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, polysorbate 20, magnesium sulfate, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCA, retinyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylene glycol, lupinus albus, carbomer, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, panax ginseng, morus alba,tocopherol, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3

Boots No7 Restore & Renew (Outside the UK version)

Ingredients list: cyclopentasiloxane, aqua, butylene glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, dimethicone copolyol, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, polysorbate 20, magnesium sulfate, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCA, retinyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylene glycol, lupinus albus seed extract, carbomer, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, panax ginseng root extract, morus alba leaf extract, tocopherol, palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3