Male HQ

Advice On Male Skin Care - Acne Product / Body Lotion / Moisturizer / Face Wash (Compiled)

Hi PH, i've tried using Origins for about 3 months (about 1 range of white tea products' time)few years ago. Generally the basic cleanser, toner and moisturizer didn't work for me. However, i swear by their clay mask Clear Improvement. When i first tried this clay mask about 5-6 years ago, it's so strong that one of my "ripe" acne burst by itself! From then on, i knew this is the best clay mask.

I actually felt that it's good to try different products from different brands and mix and match. Below are some of my fav products i've been using over the years:

Cleanser: Biotherm Homme Instant Anti-Dullness Detoxifying Cleanser. Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk

Toner: Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner (so far the best i've used. very refreshing)

Moisturizer: Avene Cleanance Anti-Shine Regulating Lotion (Its "light" and prevent oil shine!)

Opps PH, i just realized i overwrote outside your topic... paiseh paiseh...

Edited by Panda_9791

Koh Samui, I need u...

Anyone can suggest which is the best lotion to clean and tighten my facial pores. My facial pores is quite wide due to constant sweating and oilyness. Where can I get those and how much.

What is the function of the following:

Toner

Scruffing lotion

Cleanser.

I always get confused of the above three items.

Hi Panda

No worries at all.

I think you put in a lot of effort to share your skin care regime with us

From your use, I can tell that you are lover of nature & organics.

Well deserved hug ~

Just as we're talking, I am waerign my Out of Trouble Mask from Origins. The scent of Sulphur is telling me that its working, as I'm chatting.

Washing it off now Panda ~~

Hi PH, i've tried using Origins for about 3 months (about 1 range of white tea products' time)few years ago. Generally the basic cleanser, toner and moisturizer didn't work for me. However, i swear by their clay mask Clear Improvement. When i first tried this clay mask about 5-6 years ago, it's so strong that one of my "ripe" acne burst by itself! From then on, i knew this is the best clay mask.

I actually felt that it's good to try different products from different brands and mix and match. Below are some of my fav products i've been using over the years:

Cleanser: Biotherm Homme Instant Anti-Dullness Detoxifying Cleanser. Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk

Toner: Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner (so far the best i've used. very refreshing)

Moisturizer: Avene Cleanance Anti-Shine Regulating Lotion (Its "light" and prevent oil shine!)

Opps PH, i just realized i overwrote outside your topic... paiseh paiseh...

Cleanser is for you to wash your face clean, getting rid of the surface oil and dirt.

Toner is used to tighten pores, and sweep those stubborn grimes that are left behind during yuor cleansing process.

Scruffing Lotion (a term from CLINIQUE) is used to tone, tighten pores, sweeping the oil and debris away. With an added benefit, it exfoliates our skin to prepare for better absorption of Moisturizer and Serums.

Anyone can suggest which is the best lotion to clean and tighten my facial pores. My facial pores is quite wide due to constant sweating and oilyness. Where can I get those and how much.

What is the function of the following:

Toner

Scruffing lotion

Cleanser.

I always get confused of the above three items.

Guest Oily Face
Cleanser is for you to wash your face clean, getting rid of the surface oil and dirt.

Toner is used to tighten pores, and sweep those stubborn grimes that are left behind during yuor cleansing process.

Scruffing Lotion (a term from CLINIQUE) is used to tone, tighten pores, sweeping the oil and debris away. With an added benefit, it exfoliates our skin to prepare for better absorption of Moisturizer and Serums.

Thanks PH, I used toner before but find it rather soapy when I applied on my face whereas scruffing lotion is much drier or dried faster (and alcoholic). Can I said scruffing lotion is better to tighten pore and leaving skin less oily as compared to toner.

Can I use the 3 together in one goal? Will it hurt my face.

Guest Oily face
I think perhaps you may need some help in skin care religion.

Feel free to give me a call.

Oops... U're not a member.

Can yyou Private Message me. I'll give u my no there

Do you have pvt email? Non member cannot assess to pvt message lah.

I used to use Origins products quite religiously in my varsity days, often buying the bundled offers they push out from time to time.

Don't get me wrong - most of the products are not bad. However, over the years, I have adopted a much more balanced view of their products. Most of the their products are not inexpensive, and prone to feature plant-related extracts like mint and essential oils, which have little scientific evidence to support their effectiveness, and may even irritate people with sensitive skin.

1 example - their Checks and Balances cleanser. While I think the fragrance is quite pleasant, it stings my eyes like hell and my face feels a little too tight for its own good after washing. Frankly speaking, my face feels a lot softer after using Cetaphil's Gentle Cleanser, which comes in a much larger capacity and costs only half as much. Currently, I only use their 'Clear Improvement' clay mask (can't recommend it enough for oily skin) and 'No Puffery' eye mask which works perfectly as an effective and inexpensive eye gel. Strangely, they're both odourless.

My little piece of advice is to mix and match what's best for your skin and hair. If Pantene conditioner works for your hair, it's not beautiful to pay three times more for Redken. Save some money, donate it to charity or go travel.

Edited by undercurrent

I like your thoughts.

Very reasonable.

I have bene told that some of this high priced skin care range may not be as effective as what was being written on their label.

because they hyped so much of their societal status, there realy isn't much raves to cheer about.

I remember reading in Her World 2007 that they did a clinical test and she confirmed that normal brans works just as well, if not, better than high end products.

Origins, Clinique, Clarins, SK II, Biotherm, OLAY went for a informal competition.

You know what ?

Olay Total Effects swept all the awards and accolades !

They even commented that Olay Total Effects is the MOST effective facial moisturizer addressing skin problems.

There is some ingreddient inside Total Effects that makes it so potent and effective.

I used to use Origins products quite religiously in my varsity days, often buying the bundled offers they push out from time to time.

Don't get me wrong - most of the products are not bad. However, over the years, I have adopted a much more balanced view of their products. Most of the their products are not inexpensive, and prone to feature plant-related extracts like mint and essential oils, which have little scientific evidence to support their effectiveness, and may even irritate people with sensitive skin.

1 example - their Checks and Balances cleanser. While I think the fragrance is quite pleasant, it stings my eyes like hell and my face feels a little too tight for its own good after washing. Frankly speaking, my face feels a lot softer after using Cetaphil's Gentle Cleanser, which comes in a much larger capacity and costs only half as much. Currently, I only use their 'Clear Improvement' clay mask (can't recommend it enough for oily skin) and 'No Puffery' eye mask which works perfectly as an effective and inexpensive eye gel. Strangely, they're both odourless.

My little piece of advice is to mix and match what's best for your skin and hair. If Pantene conditioner works for your hair, it's not beautiful to pay three times more for Redken. Save some money, donate it to charity or go travel.

Guest -gc0805-

has anyone tried the neostrata n neoceutical lines of skincare products?

they work very well. only downside is that u can only buy them from ur gp. i think in thailand n australia u can get them otc.

they do work wonders.

Guest Panda eyes
has anyone tried the neostrata n neoceutical lines of skincare products?

they work very well. only downside is that u can only buy them from ur gp. i think in thailand n australia u can get them otc.

they do work wonders.

I saw the brochure at the clinic, but are they expensive like couple hundred dollars? YOu can go direct to the distributor in Singapore instead of through the clinic.

• 2 months later...

well.. i dun use origins.. but i'm using this particular product from europe.. kinda work for me.. using it as a cleanser, toner and moisturiser and even shaving cream.. lol.. no kidding.. first time seeing such a product that can replace so many of my skin care products.. haha.. quite cheap also compared to my Shiseido, Lamer, Chanel, Estee Lauder products haha

=============================

HardGay,

You don't think I don't know who you are. You are Eumora. If you continue to cross-post all beauty and skin topic and tying to hard sell your product again. You will be ban AGAIN.

This forum is well moderated and will not hesitated to kick you out from HARD pushing of your product.

Please do your promotion of product in http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showforum=8 and not everywhere.

hey Renlu.. i'm using this particular skincare product form europe.. it helps with eye bags, pimples and those that you mentioned. quite the effective also.. intro-ed to my friends and relatives and came back with good results.. dunno if you wanna give it a shot.. saw it online and bought it :P .. didn't noe it was so useful lol.. previously was using Shiseido, Lamer, Chanel, Estee Lauder products for my face but so-so only.. well.. like they say in malay.. "Boleh" .. "can".. lol..

=============================

HardGay,

You don't think I don't know who you are. You are Eumora. If you continue to cross-post all beauty and skin topic and tying to hard sell your product again. You will be ban AGAIN.

This forum is well moderated and will not hesitated to kick you out from HARD pushing of your product.

Please do your promotion of product in http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showforum=8 and not everywhere.

• 2 months later...

Pssst.... I got a top beauty secret to tell you. :lol:

I have always been plagued by oily complexion since young. My face always looks like its been coated with a generous slathering of cooking oil few hours just after washing my face.

I have tried all kinds of 'remedies' from lemon wedges, clay masks, natural astringents, tea leave oil, herbal peel, etc... all with little results.

But recently I have a cure. At least temporary. It is a oil-blotting powder by a Hong Kong brand- Za. Called Groovy Smoovy- it works like a compact powder. After a face wash and your essential sunblock, powder up your face especially around the tzone area. And voila, after four full hours or more my face still stays slightly matted and definitely not 'shiny' anymore. It certainly works way better than your usual oil blotter paper which will keep the oil from appearing on your face for only half an hour.

It doesnt cost a lot- about $17 at your usual pharmacy (wait for sale and you can get 20% off). So for those suffering quietly in the past about your oily complexion, fret no more. Please do not feel girlish about using this product. But do make sure when you apply it on your face, check for even distribution at the mirror. And dont over-apply.

I hope other readers also got some beauty tips to share. :lol:

http://www.vivawoman.net/2007/02/13/za-groovy-smoovy/

Edited by erection day

SK2 is good. I use it every night b4 i go to bed.

Agree - SK2's "magic water" is really fantastic. I start using it since late September the effect is noticeable after 1 month.

Anyone try FANCL? I take the beauty suppliment, also very good.

Bought my SK2 and FANCL in HK, save at least 30-40% of the cost.....

SK2 fans, there is an offer pack sold in DFS in Changi Airport, really worth buying, save 30% compare to shopping malls in city.

How much is the SK pack at the airport duty-free, notebookagent? Thought of trying SK2 for ages but cant bare to spend so much.

For my skincare regime, I swear by Olay Regenerist Series. They really work for my skin. And they are affordable. In fact last year a major lab conducted tests on kinds of cosmetic creams and ONLY Olay Regenerist products are proven to improve the epidermis. Other more expensive brands have no effect whatsoever, according to the 'scientists'. I cant wait to try their lastest serum

http://andyleemakeup.blogspot.com/2008/10/...ity-of-its.html

Edited by erection day

if i m not wrong, it is around $68 that comes with cleanser, magic water and something like anti-wrinkle cream. All in small travel set.

I bought the same in SASA HK (each one separately) cost around $300+ HK$ which is around S$60.

SK2 is expensive in SG. So that price is good for beginner. At least try it, before buying full set with $300-400

Used to use Olay, Loreal, Clarins.....all ok on me for 2-3 months then seasoned. Hope SK2 can last longer.

Andy

Edited by notebookagent

Guest Jobless

*sigh* unlike you guys, since I am jobless and tightening belt, I went to Burmese shop to buy a packet of Thanaka Wood Power which helps to blog sun and keep my face smooth and oil free throughout the day.

I heard a lot about SKII.......those who have used it said it is good and effective, but they also said they become reliant........if don't use, visible difference...........true?

I dont know yet le bro, maybe when i finished using my stock, i stop using for 2 weeks and tell u lor...LOL

what a great sacrifice.....2 weeks of "ugly" day.

But i have to say, in my last gathering, all my friends said i look radiant and asked me if i did something on my face. Thats only 2-3 wks after i started using SK2 magic water.

well, $ really can do a lot of thing....even keep your youth....

Andy

Guest watashi

I have tried SKII a long time ago but I did not see significant difference in my skin so I stopped it then changed it to Albion Skin Conditoner (the star product of Albion Japan) and I can see my skin becomes more radiant and pimple/black head free. I just started taking Fancl HTC collagen supplement just over a week and yet to see if thats makes any difference in my skin.

Here's my regimen:

Cleanser:

Elizabeth Poretol cleansing powder

DHC for men scrub face wash

Fancl mild cleasing oil (use occasionally)

DHC cleansing oil (use occasionally)

Toner:

Albion skin conditioner

Moisturizer:

DHC for men face gel

PDC Skin Laminate Super Moist Base

Maintenance and care:

DHC pimple spot lotion

Elizabeth Poretol mild peeling gel

Skin Innovation Platinum Miracle skin pore tightening pack (Korean made)

Elizabeth Poretol Pore Mask

I just started taking Fancl HTC collagen supplement just over a week and yet to see if thats makes any difference in my skin.

I take this one, 6 pills per day, 2 weeks time see the effect. Then after 1 month i add 1 more "bright age ex", now doing well. The smooth is even felt on my hands and palms. FYI i m working as eng that need to do rough work but to my surprise my hand/palm is smooth le......

http://www.fancl.com.sg/fancl_antiageing_careset.asp

with SK2 and FANCL, i got nice complexion now.

TIPS: i think price for these 2 brands in SG is quite high le. Bought in HK instead. Anyone can share info on where to buy these 2 brands in cheaper price in SG?

Guest watashi
I take this one, 6 pills per day, 2 weeks time see the effect. Then after 1 month i add 1 more "bright age ex", now doing well. The smooth is even felt on my hands and palms. FYI i m working as eng that need to do rough work but to my surprise my hand/palm is smooth le......

TIPS: i think price for these 2 brands in SG is quite high le. Bought in HK instead. Anyone can share info on where to buy these 2 brands in cheaper price in SG?

Fancl TenseUp is a lot better than the tablets if money is not a matter as you can see results faster since it has higher collagen which is 2600mg in each bottle.

For SKII you can get it at Bobodave, they are based in Hong Kong and I've made several purchases from them and have fast service.

http://www.bobodave.com/index.php?main_pag...mp;keyword=SKII

Care to post your daily regimen?

I have tried SKII a long time ago but I did not see significant difference in my skin so I stopped it then changed it to Albion Skin Conditoner (the star product of Albion Japan) and I can see my skin becomes more radiant and pimple/black head free. I just started taking Fancl HTC collagen supplement just over a week and yet to see if thats makes any difference in my skin.

Here's my regimen:

Cleanser:

Elizabeth Poretol cleansing powder

DHC for men scrub face wash

Fancl mild cleasing oil (use occasionally)

DHC cleansing oil (use occasionally)

Toner:

Albion skin conditioner

Moisturizer:

DHC for men face gel

PDC Skin Laminate Super Moist Base

Maintenance and care:

DHC pimple spot lotion

Elizabeth Poretol mild peeling gel

Skin Innovation Platinum Miracle skin pore tightening pack (Korean made)

Elizabeth Poretol Pore Mask

so much shit sorry...nutrients for ur face...have ur face become plasticky yet? a healthy face dun look so much products.

Guest Cyberus
so much shit sorry...nutrients for ur face...have ur face become plasticky yet? a healthy face dun look so much products.

SKII is pure bull. I've tried it and it don't make a helluva difference. It's just a commercial gimmick guys. Seriously, why else must they take timeless beautiful asian woman to promote it?

Guest watashi

Don't waste your money on SKII it's not worth it, you'd better off buying Albion Essential Skin Conditioner comes in 110ml, 165ml and 330ml. Albion as a brand favored by the Japanese royalty.

My skin has become smooth, less oily and it also prevent pimples/black head after using it for just over two weeks.

Guest Driclor

Can't say SK-II is "PURE BULL" or "not worth"! We have to be fair, certain products does not works for you does not means it does not work for others. Different ppl react differently!

SKII is pure bull. I've tried it and it don't make a helluva difference. It's just a commercial gimmick guys. Seriously, why else must they take timeless beautiful asian woman to promote it?

u just need to everyday rub ur face with baking yeast....maybe it will work the same lik sk2.

Guest venus goddess

Fancl Deluxe TenseUp EX is the only thing that can make any significant improvement on skin and youthfulness for the amount of money spent. $$$$ spent on all those creams, junks, would take way too long to make any difference if at all and can cause break outs. THis is "IT"!! It is heavy, expensive, but it works. Next time you want to buy that new cream, save your money and buy this instead.

I was initially sceptical regarding these supplements, as I thought the collagen is just going to be metabolized by the body without much reaching the skin. But I must say I have noticed much improvement in my skin, including the moisture level and the suppleness! So I guess it must be working. I am already into my 20th box!! Although it's expensive, I will keep taking it.

• 4 weeks later...

i just back from jap from my usual trip. i must say i liketheir products. but lately i love using Makeup forever HD foundation range. it helps me look so fresh and radiant in the pic. I must say using makeup primer make us more radiant as u don't have to use too much foundation in that way. japan has lots of makeupbase brand which is worth trying.

i just back from jap from my usual trip. i must say i liketheir products. but lately i love using Makeup forever HD foundation range. it helps me look so fresh and radiant in the pic. I must say using makeup primer make us more radiant as u don't have to use too much foundation in that way. japan has lots of makeupbase brand which is worth trying.

Could you please take some of us to buy the Makeup forever HD foundation? Some of us will need that to look radiant and refreshing :rolleyes:

Guest want to look good

A newbie in skin care product here.

How does a toner work?

Is it to use it after face wash at night or every wash? Made my first purchase of LOREAL vita lift, and LOREAL pure and matte, cos saw the advertisement in gym. Thinking of buying the LOREAL toner, but the quite unfriendly saleswomen at supermarket was not welcoming at all.

Thank you for advicing.

You use a toner just after having sex. It will make your skin glow.

Just joking... :twisted:

Toner should be used just after basic skin cleansing. Toning your skin means it makes your skin tighter by 'shrinking' your pores. It also helps to clear off some cleansing residues that may be left on your face. After that, slap on your moisturiser. And most important of all, darling, do round your skin regime with a sun block.

Actually, I do find toning your skin a rather redundant process. You can actually skip this step.

I have tried a few bottles of the SK2 miracle water. Honestly, I have not noticed any obvious improvements. Then tried the ZA whitening night cream, it felt so oily and I get large pus filled pimples a lot of times. Now trying the Bio Essence Tanaka White cream, hope that this is the ONE.

Guest Vain one

You can try Lucky Chinatown. I think they are on the 2nd or 3rd Level. The shops sell almost all branded skin products/perfumes way below those you purchased at the mall. I saw aunties and even foreigners buying from them. They have another branch in Chinatown complex.

You can try Lucky Chinatown. I think they are on the 2nd or 3rd Level. The shops sell almost all branded skin products/perfumes way below those you purchased at the mall. I saw aunties and even foreigners buying from them. They have another branch in Chinatown complex.

Thanks for the tips. will go there and check the price.

anyway my buddy is flying to HK next week so i got supply for next 3 months, so no hurry to check.

Guest Jeremiah
I have tried a few bottles of the SK2 miracle water. Honestly, I have not noticed any obvious improvements. Then tried the ZA whitening night cream, it felt so oily and I get large pus filled pimples a lot of times. Now trying the Bio Essence Tanaka White cream, hope that this is the ONE.

You looking for whitening products? Have you tried Biotherm White Detox, Biotherm Homme White Peel, Kose Seikisho/Sekkisei... I find it good. BTW, I have oily skin :)

Guest Jeremiah
Yes, I am looking for whitening products. Speaking of Kose, I really like their black mask.

Thanks for the recommendations :thumb:

Haha, no problem. I am using the black mask too... good right :)

Last time I dun like to use whitening product but now uses all let :P

I buy mine online, how abt u?