Male HQ

Being A Gay Christian

WhamBam

i don't have anything cheem to say.  just that if you tell ppl you are Christian, you are representing Christ and the faith through your actions - doesn't matter whether having multiple sex partners prior to or during a committed RS is right or wrong.  so indirectly your behaviour will be constrained by what other ppl perceive and not what u perceive.  and that will be the reality for you if you are really sincere in not bringing disparage to your Creator's name and your faith.

....so  sometimes it may be better not to tell ppl you are Christian.  either that or just keep your sex life a secret.   😂😂😂

No need to say anything cheem 😄 Being gay does not mean we need to be promiscuous. But sometimes our flesh is weak and we give in to temptation. It happens with the straights as well.

Those guys we engaged are not even bothered to know if we are Christians unless we are so self-conscious and start proclaiming to them 😄

On 9/18/2021 at 5:31 AM, Steve5380 said:

Thank you for your response.

First, I want to clarify that although I am an agnostic, a person who does not believe in religious doctrines (but also who cannot be sure that they are all false) I have great respect for today's Catholic Church (not so much for the Church at some times in the past). I think that with Pope Francis it is in good hands, and hopefully it keeps reforming.

The length of the hair may not be a big factor in any difference between the man in Moses' time and the one in Jesus's time. Why would one need a different doctrine than the other?  Hair can be always cut, and can be always let grow.  And generational gaps may not be the evolution of mankind over the period of some generations, but the spiritual difference between the young and the old.  Some decades ago I was on the "young" side of the gap,  yet otherwise I am still the same today.

The ancient Egyptians, Israelites and other folks in Moses' time probably had the same capacity for empathy and compassion that the 12 apostles had.   And the 2000 years between Jesus and us may not have changed this capacity either.  And thousands of years before Moses, the people then may already have had the capacity to understand the message of Jesus.   Why didn't he appear then,  and so would have saved us all this Judaism?

As long as you behave yourself, take a genuine interest and not insulting something you're ignorant, we can have a decent discussion.

Christianity begins with the Old Testament. The fundamental concept in the Old Testament and the New Testament is the same. They are not two different doctrines.Take for example, the concept of sin which is an act of rebellion against God and the redemption of sin which requires the shedding of blood. In the Old Testament, they sacrificed animals. In the New Testament, Jesus was the sacrificial Lamb. 

These are a shadow (referring to the Old Testament) of the things that were to come; the reality,  however, is found in Christ. (Colossians 2:17)

In the Old Testament, the law was given right after the Israelites were delivered from slavery in Egypt. Later, when the Israelites acquired the land, it was a patriarchal society. The culture, perception and mentality of the people were very different then from the New Testament time when the Israelites had already long settled down.

As mentioned earlier, God speaks to different people, at different times according to their circumstances. He works systematically and gradually but His character and intention remain the same.

Jesus was God reincarnate into flesh in AD4 when his historical record began. The Jews have rejected him as the long awaited One, the Savior. Hence, the distinction between Christianity and Judaism.

Edited by Dart

On 9/19/2021 at 8:28 AM, Dart said:

As long as you behave yourself, take a genuine interest and not insulting something you're ignorant, we can have a decent discussion.

Christianity begins with the Old Testament. The fundamental concept in the Old Testament and the New Testament is the same. They are not two different doctrines.Take for example, the concept of sin which is an act of rebellion against God and the redemption of sin which requires the shedding of blood. In the Old Testament, they sacrificed animals. In the New Testament, Jesus was the sacrificial Lamb. 

Please don't take as an insult something I know something about.

Blood is nothing but a fluid whose function is to transport substances throughout the living body.  It is exquisitely complex in its nature and in the vital biological functions it fulfills.  

What it is not is something esoteric with supernatural purposes like to pay for acts of rebellion against a God.   I think that a "rebellion against a God"  makes absolutely no sense.  A God should be so infinitely superior to us that any "rebellion" makes no difference to him.   And blood would not respond to a rebellion against a God, but a rebellion against the very body the blood circulates in.

I don't care how holy the people in the Old Testament were,  I am totally against sacrificing animals !!!!  One thing is to kill animals to have food to eat,  another thing is to kill them for a senseless "sacrifice". This is like killing animals for pleasure, for fun, for sport!  I think one has to be malevolent to do that!  Why these people, who allegedly needed to get some blood to redeem their sins,  didn't sacrifice THEMSELVES?  This would be fair. :angry:

On 9/20/2021 at 3:50 AM, Steve5380 said:

Please don't take as an insult something I know something about.

Blood is nothing but a fluid whose function is to transport substances throughout the living body.  It is exquisitely complex in its nature and in the vital biological functions it fulfills.  

What it is not is something esoteric with supernatural purposes like to pay for acts of rebellion against a God.   I think that a "rebellion against a God"  makes absolutely no sense.  A God should be so infinitely superior to us that any "rebellion" makes no difference to him.   And blood would not respond to a rebellion against a God, but a rebellion against the very body the blood circulates in.

I don't care how holy the people in the Old Testament were,  I am totally against sacrificing animals !!!!  One thing is to kill animals to have food to eat,  another thing is to kill them for a senseless "sacrifice". This is like killing animals for pleasure, for fun, for sport!  I think one has to be malevolent to do that!  Why these people, who allegedly needed to get some blood to redeem their sins,  didn't sacrifice THEMSELVES?  This would be fair. :angry:

You know bits and pieces of truth, connect them with your assumption, come out with a half truth conclusion and then mock the Christian faith. This is what you've been doing. Half truth = false.

I don't take your above post as an insult though and thanks for your biological lesson on blood.

While there's nothing supernatural, blood represents life in the Bible and universally. There must be blood circulating in every life. A body drained of blood will be deprived of life.

The animal sacrifice in the Old Testament was a pointer to what is to come: Christ's sacrifice on the cross. For what He set as a penalty to sin, He is Gentleman enough to accomplish it by sending His Son to be the blood sacrifice to redeem us back to Him because it is impossible for us to be perfect and not break any of His laws.

Read what the New Testament says:

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.(Romans 3:23)

It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. (Hebrews 10:4)

He is not a "blood thirsty" God as you accused Him to be in your previous posts. He is Almighty God, the giver of life and does not need the blood of animals. 

Christ has not only saved us from our sins but the lives of animals as well. Something the Jews missed out.

alright guys, love & peace.

or please take the disagreement elsewhere.

"Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you."

2 Corinthians 13:11

• 3 months later...

Christmas 2021 

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” (Luke 2:8-12) 

圣诞快乐 

Nativity-Merry-Christmas.jpg

Brothers, rejoice!   Let's join the celebration of Christmas in honor of the biblical figure Jesus who did transform the world like no other person has done before.  Much good has come out of the philosophy attributed to him, a teaching of love and peace.

Let's forget about "sin",  something that is only an abstraction.  If we are unsure as to whom we will respond, look at ourselves and consider the theory of Karma.  An account of the good and the bad in our actions and thoughts that has an effect that comes back on ourselves.  Not something supernatural,  but the effect of our actions that comes back to us and influences our life. Let's aim to continue accumulating good Karma, so that our life will be a happy one.

God Rest You Merry Gentlemen by Ray Conniff

God rest you merry, gentlemen
Let nothing you dismay
Remember Christ our Savior
Was born on Christmas Day
To save us all from satan's power
When we were gone astray

Oh, tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy

In Bethlehem in Jewry
This blessed Babe was born
And laid within a manger
Upon this blessed morn
The which His Mother Mary
Did nothing take in scorn

Comfort and joy

From God our Heavenly Father
A blessed angel came
And unto certain shepherds
Brought tidings of the same
How that in Bethlehem was born
The Son of God by name

Comfort and joy

Edited by Dart

O Holy Night (Flute) by Dr David Klee

O holy night, the stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour’s birth;
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
'Till he appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn;

Fall on your knees, Oh hear the angel voices!
O night divine! O night when Christ was born.
O night, O holy night, O night divine. 

Joy To The World by Ray Conniff 

Joy to the world, the Lord has come
Let earth receive her King
Let every heart prepare Him room
And Heaven and nature sing
(And Heaven and nature sing)
And Heaven and nature sing
(And Heaven and nature sing)
And Heaven, and Heaven and nature sing

Joy to the world, the Savior reigns
Let men their songs employ
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy
(Repeat the sounding joy)
Repeat the sounding joy
(Repeat the sounding joy)
Repeat, repeat the sounding joy

No more let sin and sorrow grow
Nor thorns infest the ground
He comes to make His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found
(Far as the curse is found)
Far as the curse is found
(Far as the curse is found)
Far as, far as the curse is found

For He rules the world with truth and grace
And makes the nation prove
The glories of His righteousness
And wonders of His love
(And wonders of His love)
And wonders of His love
(And wonders of His love)
And wonders, wonders of His love

Joy to the world, the Lord has come 

• 8 months later...
On 9/20/2021 at 9:11 AM, Dart said:

You know bits and pieces of truth, connect them with your assumption, come out with a half truth conclusion and then mock the Christian faith. This is what you've been doing. Half truth = false.

I don't take your above post as an insult though and thanks for your biological lesson on blood.

While there's nothing supernatural, blood represents life in the Bible and universally. There must be blood circulating in every life. A body drained of blood will be deprived of life.

The animal sacrifice in the Old Testament was a pointer to what is to come: Christ's sacrifice on the cross. For what He set as a penalty to sin, He is Gentleman enough to accomplish it by sending His Son to be the blood sacrifice to redeem us back to Him because it is impossible for us to be perfect and not break any of His laws.

Read what the New Testament says:

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.(Romans 3:23)

It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. (Hebrews 10:4)

He is not a "blood thirsty" God as you accused Him to be in your previous posts. He is Almighty God, the giver of life and does not need the blood of animals. 

Christ has not only saved us from our sins but the lives of animals as well. Something the Jews missed out.

Please don't insist in "Half-truth = false",  because you also have only half-truths about your religion.

It is impossible that you can have full truth about events that happened thousands of years ago.  You were not there.  All you know from those days comes through hearsay.  Even the preachers you may listen to  get their information from hearsay.  

On 9/20/2021 at 9:11 AM, Dart said:

There is absolutely no credible theory nor proof that blood can wash away sins,  neither human blood nor animal blood. In the ancient writings the reference to blood must have been an allegory, something figurative.  Because there is no reality to "washing away sins".  And if pointers were needed to what was coming, the passion of Christ,  there would have been much more moral and less barbaric ways to do this.   Not by sacrificing innocent animals,  something what a Creator God should be supposed to protect.  

Quotes from "Can a gay be religious?" thread.

On 9/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, MadMan said:

There are thousands of gods out there, which one are you spending time confessing to? The biblical god? god of the old or New Testament? Hindu gods? Greek gods? How you decide which god is true and which is man made?

On 9/13/2022 at 11:28 PM, Dart said:

Why are you looking up for the information here? There are plenty of reliable resources available in the internet and publications. 

Check out the crucial points on the biography of each Founder:

*Birth 

*Life (including Nature of Ministry & Teaching)

*The Conclusion of Their Lives.

*The Evidence and Consistency of materials to back up the above points.

Hope you will get a clue from your research.

Yes, we already discussed that a gay can be religious.    To be religious does not imply that one believes in any set of dogmas, beliefs.    What should happen is that a religious gay should give up on any doctrine that includes finding homosexuality to be a sin.    Because we gays know in our heart that such a doctrine has to be false.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/29/2022 at 9:18 AM, fyongwee83 said:

Finally Section 377A Is repealed. What is the biblical perspective on homosexuality? Is God against gays? 

The podcast aims to highlight these questions. Is God against sexual violence or same sex relationship that is consensual? 

While making the mental effort of translating the cute Singlish of Mr. "Sun of Winter" into normally spoken English, I agree with the essence of what he is conveying:  sexual orientation does not fit into the mentality of a God when it judges the mutual love and enjoyment of two individuals versus the violence that may exist in sex.

To further ease our mind we should leave the religious doctrines out of our judgment of sexuality.  Leave out ALL doctrines, not only Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc.  There is increasing realization that the Bible is a man-made product, with questionable intervention of anything divine.  So, why worry about its interpretations?  The ancient Hebrews had it completely wrong starting with the Genesis.  Their Universe was a Sun that rose in the morning, moved through the sky, and disappeared at night.  And there were some luminous points in the dark sky.  Of course there were other civilizations that had a more advanced understanding than the old Hebrews.  But even today, with the advanced Webb space telescope,  a God has not yet been seen. 

I find that the best relationship we gays can have with Christianity lies exclusively in the philosophy and teaching of Jesus Christ, after some adaption to today's society.

Edited by Steve5380

• 2 months later...

Found my password and decided to log in again.

I used to attend a pentecostal church too back when I was teenager to about 21.

Then i drifted away as I was disillusioned with church people and life in general. 

And all I have left is faith to get me thru life afterthat.

Dealing with finding jobs, finding love, finding a stable career etc.

Anyway I wonder if anyone here still attend regular church or a more gay accepting one in Sg?

Just curious how are you all in your spiritual journey? 

Take care and blessings to you all. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 11:15 PM, calvt said:

Then i drifted away as I was disillusioned with church people and life in general. 

Anyway I wonder if anyone here still attend regular church or a more gay accepting one in Sg?

Much blessings to you too.

After a long life I still preserve religiousness,  that rests on a frame of agnosticism.  I like to speculate what could be the afterlife.  With the James Webb space telescope allowing us to see even more how infinitesimal, insignificant creatures we are in this universe packed with galaxies, how little of the reality of the universe we know,  and the Genesis of the Jewish Bible approaching ever more the nice fairy story books for little children,  my imagination strangely elevates me higher than being a microscopic mold covering a small planet.  I am more confident that we not just disintegrate again into particles of dust, but that there is a "preservation of spirit".

I have no reasons to attend my Catholic churches,  except for admiring their architecture.  But now on Eastern I have watched videos from St. Peter in Rome with Pope Francis presiding.  And this has made me very SAD.

The St. Peter basilica is extraordinary,  and the Eastern ceremonies were impressive.  Rows of bishops, rows of cardinals, all in full gowns.  Seeing their faces, most of them were seniors, my age and beyond,  the same with the Pope. They all looked intelligent and cultivated. 

I had to wonder what these individuals were thinking about and during the ceremonies.  Could they still have any faith left in their doctrine?   Could they still believe that this theater of rites and choreographies makes any sense?  That all this makes a unique connection with some holy supernatural?   How different is this from the dances and magic passes of sorcerers in primitive societies of the past?

These thoughts have made me so sad!  What a waste!  With age we start to increasingly realize how pervasive deception and misinformation is everywhere.  Why must religions keep this dogmatic façade, instead of honestly accepting that we are so totally ignorant in the topics that we explore out of religiousness?...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 1:15 PM, calvt said:

Read some of your interesting posts 😃

Do check out https://freecomchurch.org/ . It's an all inclusive church in Singapore. Peace and blessing to you.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone know of any church that is accepting of gay Christians?

I have been to the free community church but felt that it was not really my vibe so was hoping for another recommendation

I am a gay Christian by upbringing, although having had a Jewish mother I am supposed to have been a Jew.  But I am thankful for this,  since my religiousness has been nicely formed by this circumstance.  As a child, I attended Catholic schools for 9 years, a thorough  "training" in Catholicism while observing the agnosticism of my family,  very respectful of the national religion of my country, while not having any faith in their own religion.   During this time, I was completely indifferent to religion, which always clashed with the reasoning of my brain.  I always found Doctrine to be a fairy tale.

And so, during most of my life, religions in society were a collection of false beliefs that results from a natural ignorance in our species. We don't know anything beyond what we perceive with the senses in our bodies,  and even the data provided by our scientific instruments, including microscopes and telescopes and countless detectors of the invisible, we receive with our senses.  This is all the "natural",  and any "supernatural" can only be a result of our speculations. 

Since as a human I can only speculate about a supernatural... why should I not speculate too?  My own speculations could be as good as the speculations of the inventors of religion,  with the difference that I have absolutely no selfish interest, no "agenda"  in the result of my speculations, which I reserve for myself. 

And so in my senior years I have become a happy agnostic,  letting my imagination wonder around freely.  I like the concept of probability, the idea that "anything that has not been proven to be false has a non-zero probability to be real". And so, even... even the doctrine of Catholicism has a probability to be true ( after stripping it from many falsities that were added to it with questionable intentions ), the same as the doctrines of most other religions in modern society.  And so, I am tolerant and in peace with most religions, although...

although I would never seek to belong to any specific church.  I have a need of belonging socially, like any healthy person, but differently from other fellow gays here,  it should not be under an umbrella of religious dogmas.  I live at a walking distance from a huge megachurch,  the Lakewood Church in Houston,  lead by the preacher Joel Osteen. 

I occasionally listen to Osteen's preaching on television,  and I used to like it because it is not very dogmatic but instead it promotes a psychological self-help for his audience.  But lately I even despise this because I sense a falsity in this individual,  a multi millionaire making money out of the naivety of his followers.  His own fairy tales are twisted around to fit into some religious connotation.  Of course!,  this is the normal skill of a preacher!   But I find that there are more honest professions.    

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone can be a gay Christian.  All it takes is to know, respect and follow some of the philosophies of Jesus Christ.

We also should be a gay Buddhist, by recognizing the value of detachment and aim for positive karma.

We DEFINITELY should be a gay AGNOSTIC,  by not accepting beliefs blindly.  The human world is full of deceptions, at every corner.

On 2/21/2024 at 2:26 PM, jushiing said:

Hi,

Does anyone know of any church that is accepting of gay Christians?

I have been to the free community church but felt that it was not really my vibe so was hoping for another recommendation

Matthew 18:20 - "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Just find another person you can pray with, and from there just let things evolve...even romantically? 🙏🙏🙏

On 3/17/2024 at 1:28 PM, Cube3 said:

Matthew 18:20 - "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Just find another person you can pray with, and from there just let things evolve...even romantically? 🙏🙏🙏

I don't want to contradict Matthew, but I think that we don't need any company to conjure the persona of Jesus and have his essence present in our mind.   Even if his story is a fantasy,  it has all the elements to resonate in our hearts.

We should have our own personal reactions to religion without having any needs for external stimulations.  That humble man, son of a carpenter in Belem,  would be in horror over the monstrosity of all the actions taken about him and in his name.

• 2 weeks later...

I refuse to say anything against our feelings of religiousness that make us inclined to seek the supernatural.

In three days it will be Eastern,  and as a Christian I look forwards to watch the ceremonies at the Vatican.  Hundreds of prelates,  bishops and above,  parading in their shiny gowns that inspire respect and veneration.  All of them being Men of God who the Church has concluded they deserve a special position due to their holiness.

Today I found the following video on YouTube that...  may have been a predestination for the above ruminations:

There may not be a gay in this world who does not understand what brought bishop Saunders to do what he did.  It was simply... human nature.  I could even find in some corner of my mind some empathy for what this poor super-ugly obese ruinous older man may had to put up realizing that any attractive male could only feel repugnance for him.  But no decent person will understand how a person so miserable and void of any moral values could...  become a Bishop of the Catholic Church. 

In this sense,  and I will soon return to the topic, his case reminds me of that of Donald Trump, and how incredible it is that even ONE American would choose this fraudster, indicted criminal and incompetent crook, to lead the most powerful country on the world with nearly limitless powers. 

Bishop Saunders was investigated and charged by the Australian police. He has renounced of his position in the Church.  But...   what is the Vatican waiting to defrock this miserable crook, who stole the money of the congregation to fuel his sex escapades? 

Back to the Eastern ceremonies at the Vatican.  What is the reality of the human souls that are covered by the many shiny gowns?  Can we trust that these gowns are any guarantee?  Why they dress like that,  instead of wearing clothes like any other person?   Aren't they all sinners like we all are?    No organization, no institution should guarantee that any human speaks in the name of a divinity, a God.  Of course, no institution should affirm that it speaks with the knowledge and authority of a God,...   simply because nobody knows anything real about gods.  

We all have sexual inclinations and try to satisfy them more or less according to our conscience.  Let's trust OUR OWN conscience above any fictitious doctrine,  and enjoy life without hurting anyone.   And look forwards to enjoy the celebrations of Eastern.