Male HQ

Korean Celebrities, K-Pop, K-Drama, K-Variety - News And Gossip, 韩国明星新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

HendryTan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Updates:

JULY

- 19th July - 2014 Lee Hong Gi’s Proposal in Singapore Fanmeet

ResortsWorldSentosa_LeeHongGi_240x339.jp

- 25th July – “Obsessed” Movie Promotion (feat. Song Seung Heon)

nude+song+seung+heon_Shower+Scene.jpg

AUGUST

- 16th August - NTU Fest (feat. Kang Gary and Jung-In)

20140702_ntushow_ntu.jpg?itok=YgbEfZ67

- 22nd August - So Ji Sub First LIVE! – Let’s have fun in Singapore

- 23rd August - EXO from EXOPLANET #1 – The Lost Planet in Singapore

EXO-FROM-EXOPLANET-1-THE-LOST-PLANET1-42

SEPTEMBER

- 13-14 September – YG Family 2014 Galaxy Tour: Power in Singapore (BIG BANG, 2NE1, PSY, WINNER and more)

YG-Family-2014-GALAXY-World-Tour-in-Sing

FINALLY YG FAMILY IS COMING DOWN!!! FORGET ABOUT THE OTHER CONCERTS..JUST GET THE VIP tics FOR YG FAMILY !!! (Sorry in CAPS coz can't control my sexcitement)..

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Usually go for hunky well-built kind of guys...but sometimes some actors/singers just got that cute appeal/charm.

One which i saw yrs ago was Song Joong Ki when he acted in Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010). Now he's 30yo and after finished army, did Descendants of the Sun....now older with some muscles.

Ok...the main thing is not totally about him. I found a younger korean artiste that resembles him abit....maybe not look same, but something feel similar to me.

Kim Min Jae...19yo, he debuted last yr as an actor, he can dance, sing and rap too. He's not part of any group.

This clip where he played with a baby. 

Dance in a 2014 clip

Rap and act in one drama

Sometimes i'm amazed how young those korean artistes (esp singers or idol groups) are....or start their training. Regardless whether successful or not...it's really not easy.

Edited by nixorn

Only recently after looking closer at korean entertainment industry esp music....notice they got alot of foreigners. Like i mentioned b4, singers esp idols started young, like 16 or 17yo...then a few yrs of training (imagine some drop out or not good enough)....then usually debut as a group....after a few yrs, usually a few (in the group) will stand out while the rest not so well-known. Usually busy training, performances, variety shows etc. Then if u not local, extra stress....and hardly any chance to see your family....unless if reach a certain popularity or got some results.

Btw now i know Korean age they calculate like traditional chinese....they also add one more yr.

Edited by nixorn

Jackson Wang, 21yo, from HK.

He's part of GOT7, under JYP entertainment. GOT7 is a 7 member group from thailand, HK and US, besides S.Korea. 

He went S Korea in 2011 and debut in 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Wang

In most variety shows, he portrayed a happy guy, outspoken, a bit silly....usually like these for non-korean artistes, i notice they usually got laughed at due to the way they speak korean or when they misunderstood korean culture. It's all part of the amusement factor in the shows.

Then i found this clip very touching.....he was in this show called Roommate where they got different artistes to live in one house...in dec 2014, christmas event, they surprised him with a visit from his parents. He was very close with his mum...and at that time, his mum wasn't very well, so he missed her very much. 

I don't know how much the show was scripted....but i think it's real enough....with the look of anticipation (3min onwards) and the face when he saw his mum. He's the guy in red shirt and black cap. I think he suspected something like this when they told him about his present coming by the door.....but he might be afraid....b'cos earlier his GOT7 members played a prank on him about his mum coming but turn out to someone else.

The clip where they pranked him....can skip to 3.30 for the actual part. Viewers notice that even after he looked disappointed, he still laughed it off and went to grab the fake mum (i think the fat girl is a comedian or actress, she appeared in variety shows alot) who looked embarrassed.

For his fans....think more recent....look abit different.

Edited by nixorn

• 4 weeks later...

Been watching 我們相愛吧 lately. It's china version of S.Korea's We Got Married. 

Among the 3, like season 1, there's a korean-chinese pair....Song Ji Hyo....and Taiwan's Chen Bolin. Already posted the clip in the china celebrity thread since it's a china production.

But about Song Ji Hyo, I knew her as part of Running Man and also a few yrs ago, Mediacorp showed her hospital-themed drama serial Emergency Couple...then I also knew she acted in the gay-themed movie Frozen Flower, as the queen, she did bare some skin in bed scene.

But i didn't know within her very early dramas was Princess Hours....as the 2nd female lead. Ya, that's her on the right. Look different.

goong-korean-dramas-32444257-1280-720.jp

And in the early season of Running Man, around 1st 40 episodes, Song Joong Ki was part of the team too....and he and Ji Hyo also got some romantic stuff in the show too...haha...can see he is good at making any woman's heart flutter. Can jump to 2:30.

On 29 February 2016 at 1:54 AM, nixorn said:

Usually go for hunky well-built kind of guys...but sometimes some actors/singers just got that cute appeal/charm.

One which i saw yrs ago was Song Joong Ki when he acted in Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010). Now he's 30yo and after finished army, did Descendants of the Sun....now older with some muscles.

I quite mesmerize by song joong ki in his descendants of the sun, when he has a topless sweaty scene!

Overall i find korean guys very hot and many of them quite manly with die-hard body. And they loved to go topless on stage too.

I read in newspaper 我报 today....the initial script of Descendants of the Sun only focus on the medical staff in war zones...the char that Song joong ki played didnt exist....then they expanded the story to include more on the soldiers.

And their initial choice for that char was't Song too...a few actors (names not mentioned) rejected the role b'cos they didnt want to film overseas n some condition about this drama being completed b4 showing on tv. Different from most drama which are filmed while showing on tv.

Song actually self-recommended himself....and so now...u see...it is like fate....he regain his popularity (after 2yrs of army) and even increase it with this role.

I know the hottest kdrama right now is "Descendants of the Sun".....overseas also so much popularity.

"Please Come Back, Mister" (drama, started late feb 2016...should end mid apr)

Starring Rain....older now, but his bod (when fully trained) is quite nice.

The drama is about 2 uncles who died and were given a chance to return in a new body (with some conditions), one came back as a hunk (Rain), another one as a woman...haha. Mention this drama b'cos of Rain's bod and the male-soul-into-woman-body reminds me of 太子妃升职记

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Please_Come_Back,_Mister

Edited by nixorn

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching Marriage contract. 

Love the show so much. Lots of touching moments and lovey-dovey scenes. 

I am so attracted to the male lead acting Han Ji Hoon. :wub:

I also think the female lead Uwee acted very very well (and the little gal). Give this gal an award!

Edited by bluerunner

I'm a big big fan of SNSD since 2011 haha. Although my love to them is not as much as compared to then but I still follow them especially Taeyeon (her solo debut):yuk:^_^:P.

Hmm for boyband... mainly I like those who are hot (2pm, used to like Taeyang from BB, etc) ;) 

I myself forgot about this thread....haha...should have posted here instead of other threads.

When i 1st saw this music clip in youtube by chance....i thought it's gay-themed....or maybe some bromance btw an older guy and a younger one.

And the younger guy got that "pity me" look.  Starring Jo in-sung and EXO singer Do Kyung-soo.

The older guy is a famous author while the younger one is his fan, a student, suffered from domestic violence. Probably the older guy pitied him at 1st...b'cos of similar childhood experience. And their friendship spanned 2-3 yrs.....

Anyway this song/music used in this drama by Chen of EXO...some parts abit similar to his other song Everytime in Descendants of the Sun.

Instrumental version :

Full version with similar scenes as above :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sITapl5Gclc

The drama is "It's Okay, That's Love" (2014).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_Okay,_That%27s_Love

But it's not what it seems....besides the guy having a girlfriend, a str8 relationship as the main storyline.....the teen above turns out to be a surprise for the viewers.....

Just from these 2 clips....i find it so sad....the acting touches me....the younger actor being idol singer more than an actor...did well in this role...won a few newbie awards.

Edited by nixorn

• 1 month later...

I have just finished watching tvN Korean drama series Signal starring Lee Je-hoon, Kim Hye-soo and Cho Jin-woong. The very talented Lee Je-hoon has made a new fan in me, and am now watching some of his past short films (Just Friends?), movies (Architecture 101, Ghost Sweepers, An Ethics Lesson, My Paparotti) and TV series (Fashion King) that he acted in. He also appeared in Happy Together Episodes 266 and 447, and Running Man Episode 298.

Here are three photos of Lee Je-hoon as Park Hae-young in Signal press conference:fullsizephoto675237.jpg

fullsizephoto675238.jpg

Edited by victorp

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Was browsing through some korean male artiste. Most of them have toned and hot body and looks so manly. I simly love korean guys.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Was browsing through some korean male artiste. Most of them have toned and hot body and looks so manly. I simly love korean guys.

Pretty or manly???

• 1 month later...

Wonder if this new drama will be good or not? It's adapted from the china drama 步步惊心.

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo  / 月之戀人-步步驚心:麗

Starring IU (Lee Ji-eun), Lee Joon-gi, Kang Ha-neul, Byun Baek-hyun, Hong Jong-hyun etc.

When a total eclipse of the sun took place, a 21st century woman, Go Ha-jin (Lee Ji-eun) transported back in time to the Goryeo Dynasty of Korea. She wakes up in the body of 16-year-old Hae-soo. There, she falls in love with the 4th Prince Wang So (Lee Joon-gi), who hides his face behind a mask and is given the derogatory label "dog-wolf" by others, making other people tremble with fear. Love, rivalry, politics and friendships ensue between the handsome princes, in a fight for the throne, friendship and love.

Debuts 29 Aug 2016 every mon and tue for 20 episodes.

OST MV

Lately watched some korean celebrity sports shows and "We Got Married".

I like this singer from group Madtown....22yo Jota.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jota_(singer)

Good looking enough but not the "pretty boy" type. Bod is not bad. His image is more of the simple cheerful type who will do his best esp shown in those sports shows.

He used to be judo sportsman in high school but gave up due to injury and then entered entertainment.

One of his many judo clips.

Edited by nixorn

The other drama that is now competing with Scarlet Heart Ryeo is Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in The Moonlight / 雲畫的月光.

The female lead is also in an unusual position....no time travel....just a female commoner who accidentally entered the palace disguised as an eunuch (male attendant) and fell in love with the crown prince.

Starring Park Bo-gum and Kim Yoo-jung.

Think it has a slightly better rating/viewership than Scarlet Heart Ryeo. Feel it's not as dark, fewer chars, and the 2 leads got good chemistry and cuter too.

23 yo Park Bo-gum is same company with Song Joong Ki, also good friend. Known for acting 2015 drama Reply 1988.

Find him look abit like Jo In Sung, also good friend of Song Joong Ki.

Kim Yoo-jung is a child actress....often acting as child version of female leads....now around 16-17yo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_in_the_Moonlight

Actually should be able to find episodes of the 2 dramas mentioned in youtube but often in small window or mildly cropped.

A good recent scene where the girl helped the prince by replacing the missing dancer....it was an event organised by the prince....it'll look bad on him when his enemies sabotaged it. The prince remembered his own mum during the dance.

Ep 4.....skip to 51min.

Long trailer....some storyline.

A fun dance done by the lead actor....for promotion, not in the drama....very cute.

Mmmm......if you combine the 2 dramas.....one is time-travel by going through water......and the other is female disguised as a male palace attendant....u'll get this 2-episode drama from 2015.....Splash Splash Love.

Find it not bad for a compacted storyline....only 2 ep.....the storyline is also partially based on real history....the king was the one who created the Korean alphabet Hangul and encouraged modern science and maths.

Edited by nixorn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest jonlittle

Personally, I strongly recommend everyone to watch Goblin/ Dokkaebi kdrama of 2016-2017. It is the best show of the year that has beautiful scenery, perfect OSTs, refined graphic effects, and a captivating storyline filled with pockets of mysteries. Go watch it if you haven't done so!

Edited by jonlittle

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Is Kim Jong Kook gay?

At 40, he's still single.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 6 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic