Male HQ

Korean Celebrities, K-Pop, K-Drama, K-Variety - News And Gossip, 韩国明星新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

HendryTan

Saw this article at AsiaOne. The Korean husband sued his wife for infidelity.

However under Korean Law, infidelity is a CRIMINAL offence punishable by up to 2 years jail.

Back home, Singapore has left Section 377A untouched. Hypothetically wonder if your enemy can film you having Man to Man Sex. Followed by filing criminal charges against you in court. Would this sidestep the Government's assurance that they will not police that law.

I am NO law student, just a curious mind asking the obvious.

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.asiaone.com/Just%2BWoman/News/C...0131-47476.html

I'm an adulterer, not a criminal, says Korean star

A TOP South Korean movie actress who is facing criminal charges for an extramarital affair has taken on the country's adultery law.

Ok So Ri, 39, filed a complaint against the 54-year-old law yesterday - a move that will rekindle debate over whether the legislation should be scrapped.

According to South Korean anti-adultery law, those convicted face prison sentences of up to two years.

Ok's husband, actor Park Chul, 40, has filed a criminal case against her, accusing her of being unfaithful.

The case has been proceeding in a court in Goyang City, a northern satellite town of Seoul, since last November.

Ok's petition against the law says: 'The adultery law constitutes a serious breach of the individual's rights to make decisions concerning sex and privacy under the Constitution.

'Adultery cases must be handled in civil courts, not in criminal courts.'

The legislation had come under attack earlier but the Constitutional Court rejected complaints against it on the grounds that social morality may be weakened.

The district court has said it would consider asking the Constitutional Court to rule on Ok's petition.

At a tearful news conference in October last year, Ok admitted having an affair with an opera singer for a few months in 2006 but put the blame on her loveless marriage.

The disclosure had caught many South Koreans by surprise because the couple had always been touted in the media as the ideal match.

'He and I have been living under the same roof but without any warm-hearted conversation, so I suffered depression for a long time after giving birth,' Ok said, referring to the couple's eight-year-old daughter.

Please note that there is a similar criminal offence in Singapore. It is against the law here to entice or carry away a married woman.

Enticing or taking away or detaining with a criminal intent a married woman.

498*. Whoever takes or entices away any woman who is and whom he knows, or has reason to believe, to be the wife of any other man, from that man, or from any person having the care of her on behalf of that man, with intent that she may have illicit intercourse with any person, or conceals, or detains, with that intent any such woman, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years, or with fine, or with both.

It is however, not an offence to entice or carry away a married man.

Section 498 was repealed as part of the Penal Code review of 2007.

The same penal code review that refused to repeal Section 377A.

Just not sure whether the gov has gazetted the changes for it to take "un-effect".

---

Afternote : Just read that the Penal Code amendments came into force 1 Feb 2008.

• 1 year later...

I think i might be too late, but recently ive been fallen to the spell of Wonder Girls craze like any teens and girls of the world! Like, omg, they r so cute and hot! The best girl group of the entire world! omg!

Anyone closetly doing the "Nobody Dance routine"?

please admit it.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

I think i might be too late, but recently ive been fallen to the spell of Wonder Girls craze like any teens and girls of the world! Like, omg, they r so cute and hot! The best girl group of the entire world! omg!

Anyone closetly doing the "Nobody Dance routine"?

please admit it.

I DID!!!

ARRGGHHH!!! LOL

its good exercise really..heh heh *sheepishly*

got to know their song "nobody" thru the introduction of ' wo yang chang xia qu" on July, quickly downloaded it from youtube, now it is one of my thounsand songs in my MP3 playlist.

was chatting with my Korean fren over the craze over Wondergirls (almost all machines in IT shows are showing wondergirl's clip) he was kinda amazed that considering the song Nobody was released in mid 2008!

anyway he shared with me 2 more popular boy/ girl groups. Both groups are connected and shared similar attributes SNSD consisting of 9 girls while SUJU has 13 boys (the world LARGEST boy band)

Here's 2 videos respectively, you can see the strategies

- If you are into twinks/ girls, there are bound to have someone in the group your type

- Repeating words in the lyrics with very addicted tune, try getting those words out of your head after listening :P

SNSD - Gee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgA3ESg8TNA

Super Junior - Sorry, Sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qWp1p1cpE0

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

chaser, if you like nobody, you may like this too...both songs are infuriatingly infectious!

2NE1 I Don't Care...air-air-air.... air air....

I still think that no group can even come close. Haha.

This is their first hit that make them BOOMZ!

TELL ME, TELL ME, TE-TE-TE-TE-TE TELL ME...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpcDPr6b5o4&feature=fvw

Well maybe the new 4Minute since their under the same creator. Probably same choreographer and stylist as well. And some of them are as cute as the Wondergirls! I think im closet straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_qLGUe4IFQ

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

• 2 weeks later...

UareChaser,

Did u ever wish u were born a girl ??

No thanks. Proud to me a man and shall be a man in my next ten more lifes.

Shut the f- up.

Edited by imchaser

U get excited like a little girl and now talking like one.

Clearly, u exhibit

1. absence of logic but high degree of emotion.

2. Doesn't matter the issue, you are always right.

:rolleyes: haha

U get excited like a little girl and now talking like one.

Clearly, u exhibit

1. absence of logic but high degree of emotion.

2. Doesn't matter the issue, you are always right.

:rolleyes: haha

Clearly, u r a moron and u r being pissed off cos u know im always right.

Either that, u r just jealous of my beauty.

Keep it cute or put it on mute, girl.

Either that, u r just jealous of my beauty.

Haha

Hate to break this to you, guess u are blissfully unaware of what had been said abt you.

An idiot who does not respond to his surrounding.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know someone has posted this song before, but here's the different MV version.

My current fav song - Brown Eyed Girls - Abracadabra. According to Internet, this MV was banned in Korea due to the provocative nature (lesbian kisses, killing lover etc) simply love the starting where the girls swing to the song, once again according to Internet, that move was as popular as Wonder Girls "Nobody" dance move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNrQfxq4WaM

Here's the funny parody of the song by another popular BOY band, towards the end, the real BEG show up and completed the swinging moves. Read the english sub lyrics, simply hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TkDhOfWyQE

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Guest locked this topic