Male HQ

Taboo Cafe (Formerly Taboo Club) @ Neil Rd Discussion (compiled)

Guest LovelyBoi

Tabs or Tabz are short names for the gay bar Taboo.

Address : 65 / 67 Neil Road

Telephone : 62256256

Busy only on Friday & Saturday Nite.

Crowd will only appear after 12 midnight. Pretty packed.

Crowd ranges from 20s to 40s but more mature compared to Play.

You get to see topless hunks, plastic queen and macho mary dancing and trying to get your attention.

Good for drinks and dance.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest dj lorri fan

each time i go taboo, i always see dj lorri

i think he veri manly and hot, just now stay until 3am @ taboo. kind of want to go up and hug him ^_^

i look at his facebook often and enjoy listening to his remix music :oops:

does any1 know him in person well?

• 2 years later...

My camp mate is planning to head down to Taboo for a night out on the weekend with some friends and I might be joining them. Any suitable dress code for Taboo? How formal is it ? My friend advised me to wear shorts as it is acceptable and quite normal but is it true because my impression is that there might be some form of dress code in clubs. Have not had much experience visiting clubs yet, only been to Butter Factory and a Thai club and from what I seen, the guys will be in jeans or sometimes even suit pants. Any experienced clubbers can advice?

You might be surprised at seeing some guys wearing mini-shorts.

And maybe some topless ones in mini-shorts too.

What exactly are mini-shorts are they for guys or ladies lol

"Mini-shorts" are essentially those are above the knee. Usually worn pretty tight to accentuate the butt and thighs.

Anyway there is no proper dress code for a night out to Taboo. Some boys even turn up in slippers. Just wear what you deem is comfortable for you. Do note however that when it gets too crowded, it will be stuffy in there. Hence the "dare to bare".

Have fun!

What exactly are mini-shorts are they for guys or ladies lol

1287544.jpg

Both men and women. The key is women can wear mini shorts to straight clubs but the men can't.

I did have a few episodes of wearing mini shorts, so that someone can molest me during the high moments because Taboo can get way too hot sometimes.  ;)

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

1287544.jpg

Both men and women. The key is women can wear mini shorts to straight clubs but the men can't.

I did have a few episodes of wearing mini shorts, so that someone can molest me during the high moments because Taboo can get way too hot sometimes.  ;)

I do not think any guy would be allowed into Butter Factory wearing those, let alone even berms lol. Guess going to Taboo will be an eye-opener heh. Where do they sell such shorts for guys anyway or are they specially tailored?

Slippers allowed meh?

I read before dress code is smart casual but berms are allowed but must be covered shoes. Maybe rules hv changed

Even if the rules could be bent, I don't encorage you to wear slippers to Taboo.

Unless you want to expose your feet of getting stomped on. :/

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

1287544.jpg

A tad too short. An inch or 2 is perfect.

Straight clubs only allow/need women to bare their legs. So gays especially btms only can mini short shorts in gayclubs.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I know str8 clubs cant wear berms but gay joints allow, cos gays love to wear berms!

Walk along the stretch at Neil Road where the bars/clubs are and you will see many in tight tight shorts especially on weekend. Nice eye candy!

Walk along the stretch at Neil Road where the bars/clubs are and you will see many in tight tight shorts especially on weekend. Nice eye candy!

Muscular or fit guys wearing tight berms/shorts is a nice sight but those skinny twinks wearing them can just go home

its a sin to cover up when u go to a gay club. the less clothing the better.

u r supposed to be touched and molested by stray hands inside there. enjoy the fondling.

This is especially true when I went to Marketplace @ KL!

The guys wore thin singlets with mini-shorts and slippers, revealing as much skin as possible.

5/8 of the dance crowd went topless during the peak afterhours.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guess there is a diff btw a str8 and gay club on the dress code. Seems like pple going to str8 club, they dress to kill and usually will not dress shorts or even singlet.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guess there is a diff btw a str8 and gay club on the dress code. Seems like pple going to str8 club, they dress to kill and usually will not dress shorts or even singlet.

By dressing to kill, you mean wearing a shirt, pants, and nice shoes? I have seen gays dress to kill as well... Anyway Singaporeans are more about practicality rather than fashion, thus their tendencies to sticking to the basics/ stuff that will allow them to not sweat so much versus dressing up to the nines.

To see guys 'dressed to kill', Friday night at Taboo is more appropriate because there will be guys who come directly from work.

I also came in shirt, pants and leather shoes on Friday night at Taboo a few times.

Just like straight clubs, guys are enticed by exposure of meat so I'd think it's naturally for some to prefer coming in lesser clothes.

Ask a girl to totally go Victorian at a club at Clarke Quay. Would she do it?  ;)

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

thats bcos u cant wear shorts or singlet in to str8 clubs.

normally its the gals that dress to kill...guys dun really bother that much though they dress presentably, anw if you are attractive even though you just wear a plain tee and jeans, people will come to you... ;)

Dress comfortably if you're expecting to get some groove on.

No point binding your meat with a corset or with so many colours impressing even the colour stencil maker.

In my younger days I would just strut in slippers and kick them off just to dance lol.

In your younger days? Pls how old are u?

Guess ulitimately still depends on urself, if u r attractive n cute enough, no matter wht u wear also can be dress to kill. Haha.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am a foreigner in Singapore and have come to Taboo club a few times. I like the atmosphere there, very crowded, nice boys and good music. I am just a little bit curious about what people do when come there.

As I saw, majority of them come with friends, in a group in which there are couples who are dancing with each other almost all the time, hugging and sometimes kissing very sexily. I always come alone and find a little bit hard to integrate myself there. I met foreigners sometimes, like Japanese, Philippines, Thai, Vietnamese, … they are normally more open to strangers than Singaporeans.

Many boys in the club fondle strangers. However, I can say that, even if they like you, they are almost passive to wait for some actions from you, such as a hug from behind, or just put your hand on his waist, even, surprisingly, when he is hugging another one. Some others will politely reject, when you just put a hand on his shoulder. You may feel a bit embarrassed, nonetheless, that's the most polite way to sound another guy in a club, isn't? Occasionally, a guy reacts quite drastically even you just put a hand on his waist.

One time, I put a hand on the waist of a boy (A) who is hugging another guy (B) from behind. Actually, I just wanted to be friendly with them, I mean, both of them. However, A started lean on my front body. At that time, there is a whisky cup on may left hand so I use my right hand to hug him from behind. A suddenly guided my hand up and down to ab and thigh and … the genital area. Ha ha. Moreover, he unzipped his zipper and tried to put my hand inside and even inside his underwear.

Oh my god. Actually, in a clamourous atmosphere and hopping crowds around, it is quite hard to me to recognize what is/are the thing(s) my hand touched. In fact, at that time I felt a bit confusing and guilty. When his B turned around, I want to know if A's actions were accepted by B or not, so I put one hand on A's shouder. Immediately, B pushed my hand out of the shouder and showed his hand meaning "stop" and smiled with me.

We never know if A or B are lovers or just friends, B was being polite doing that hand gesture and you were nice to understand the situation. Please don't feel guilty , its a place to have fun and (some) groping is allowed as long as its done discreetly like what A did :-)

I usually go to Taboo to dance with or without anyone in tow. There will be a lot of guys who needs some dancing partners or usually if you see a group forming a circle, you can always crash and join them. Usually, I stay near the DJ's booth, there is a small ledge there facing the dancing crowd. Welcome to Singapore and hope to see you in one of the bars and clubs here.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

Lol it's funny when amateurs come across seasoned veterans of the gay clubbing and mating scenes LOL!!! How many percentage is 逢场做戏, how many percentage is mating ritual, if only it can be calculated, derived and accessed as knowledge hahaha

Guest Raiden Alpha

I went alone most of the time and just order a beer or two sitting at the bar counter watching MTV and making my way through the crowd rubbing crotch and chest with the people to have a smoke outside at the smoking area then I move my way back in to my usual spot to watch MTV again and then go and take a piss in the toilet at the back.

And then good things happen and I go home.

End of story.

This is based on my personal experience but most Singapore gay guys are relatively passive at gay clubs, unless they are really high.

Wait until 2 or 3am and you may see some more-than-passive action.

When I first came to Taboo, I saw many pairs and thought they were partners.

My clubbing group corrected me and said that, more than often, pairs at clubs are not in a relationship. Simply high.

2 years on, I saw different kinds of clubbing groups and learnt how they interacted.

I'm also quite passive at Taboo because I don't want to give the wrong idea to others.

If the guy wants to touch me, he can go ahead, but this will not result in ending up in a bed or in the toilet cubicle at Taboo.

Just club with no expectations and you will do just fine. ;)

Lucky you if you manage to exchange phone numbers!

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 2 months later...

yah I notice that usually is the gay guys that prefer wearing shorts too

• 7 months later...
Guest MusicLover

Hi,

I've been to Taboo Club a few times already. Realized they usually play the same soundtrack at the start.. Anyone knows if the soundtrack is available online?

Thanks!

I would like to obtain Taboo's soundtrack too!

The remixes played sound similar to those at Outbar though.

For the Titanium remix, I think a similar version can be obtained on iTunes store. Look for Titanium (Alesso remix). Same goes for If I Lose Myself.

Can't find the remixes for the others.

They are originally produced by DJ Lorri I think.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 3 months later...

May I ask if I see someone I like, what's the best way to approach the person? can I just put my hands on his waist and dance?

If you look like ryan gosling, joseph gordon-levitt or shia labeouf. Sure! Otherwise..... Pls lah!

Guest heremeee

If you look like ryan gosling, joseph gordon-levitt or shia labeouf. Sure! Otherwise..... Pls lah!

It depends if ppl fancy ang mohs. Have gone to taboo enough times to note that not many ppl like to dance with ang mohs, no matter how handsome they may be.

Generally I do not have good impression of ang mohs when they are tipsy. They behave like they are in hot demand.

May I ask if I see someone I like, what's the best way to approach the person? can I just put my hands on his waist and dance?

Caress his butt and crotch. Finger run round his chest. Sure ended up with fireworks !!!!

• G_M changed the title to Taboo Cafe (Formerly Taboo Club) @ Neil Rd Discussion (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.