Male HQ

Taboo Cafe (Formerly Taboo Club) @ Neil Rd Discussion (compiled)

Guest LovelyBoi

11 hours ago, Charmedguy said:

How’s Taboo now? 

As usual only crowded on Friday and Saturday. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 3:37 AM, repressednerd said:

If I'm feeling broke, I might prefer Taboo on a Friday night. Hypertainment is kinda ex and not even eligible for drinks at times.

Shoot, I'm getting old, never heard of Hypertainment. It's not a club isn't it? more like a party/event organizer?

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, kingbitch said:

Shoot, I'm getting old, never heard of Hypertainment. It's not a club isn't it? more like a party/event organizer?

gay event organiser.

they are the one that started the every sunday gay night clubbing scene at the former avalon club at mbs,

after avalon closed, the sunday gay night clubbing moved to 1-altitude.

now no more,

but they still organise ad hoc gay clubbing events every now and then, especially during public holidays.

the quality of guys at hypertainment events always very good, dunno why, its like you get to see all the hot guys gather together in large numbers.

26 minutes ago, nx7dne said:

They have been closed since 26 March and it's going 3 months 

No need to huan loh for the boss. He's very loaded.

This is his side business and play ground.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest broadwayboy
44 minutes ago, nx7dne said:

They have been closed since 26 March and it's going 3 months 

I was watching the news just now

Life has changed for the nightlife scene in Australia... night clubs now have to lessen their human capacity... If S'pore follow suit with these new laws... then I don't think Taboo can survive... see how lah...

Guest liddat can meh?
2 minutes ago, broadwayboy said:

I was watching the news just now

Life has changed for the nightlife scene in Australia... night clubs now have to lessen their human capacity... If S'pore follow suit with these new laws... then I don't think Taboo can survive... see how lah...

What just Taboo, but all the gay sauan/clubs in Singapore also closed. Liddat how to live a fruitful gay life, you tell me?

23 hours ago, cutejack said:

That's y ts said the boss is rich la.

Exactly my pt.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

He's running a biz,  not a charity. 

2 minutes ago, nx7dne said:

so rich still charge so ex lolol

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• 3 months later...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=3556131351096595&id=116011015108663

Image may contain: motorcycle, tree and outdoor
Many asked...
Yes!
We are moving out of this home here, which we have occupied for the past 16 years out of our 23 years of LGBT club history!
As for the near future, dance club scene may take a “short” break till further notice.
Stay tuned!
Something is brewing, we will keep the Taboo Legacy going on!
Thank you all for the support & love for all these years! 😘❤️

Well, it could have been expected!

What business can survive without income for any length of time with the high cost of rental in Singapore?

"Something is brewing"...  hopefully they brew better than Towel Club, who also offered to keep their nice legacy going.

18 minutes ago, Why? said:

Good to take a break (not actually closure).  Any bussinesses in Singapore which still can survive until post pandemic, is a strong business. Those who closed forever, and not returning or KPKP about the virus. I hope they don't come back. 

I think its closed for good already.. 

1 hour ago, ivanoon said:

I came out from closet 20 years ago right here during a company trip. Thanks for your memorable memories.

What kind of company plans a trip to Taboo? 

38 minutes ago, tic-toc said:

SG's gay scene used to be so happening and lively.  😥

Hopefully Taboo comes back stronger with more supporters. 

Frankly, I never understood the allure of Taboo. It was dim, crowded, small, loud and people needs to shout over the top of their voices just to get themselves heard. How is that any kind of a nights out? It's just a gay gathering hole. Even Studebaker and Venom in the past had a much larger dance floor and you might even score some cocks to suck in the toilets. 

48 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

What kind of company plans a trip to Taboo? 

Frankly, I never understood the allure of Taboo. It was dim, crowded, small, loud and people needs to shout over the top of their voices just to get themselves heard. How is that any kind of a nights out? It's just a gay gathering hole. Even Studebaker and Venom in the past had a much larger dance floor and you might even score some cocks to suck in the toilets. 

It is not necessary for you to like Taboo for it to come back.   If they operated for 16 years without your patronage,  they will be able to continue doing so after they come back.

4 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

It is not necessary for you to like Taboo for it to come back.   If they operated for 16 years without your patronage,  they will be able to continue doing so after they come back.

Right.... That coming from an angmoh who may have stepped foot in the club far fewer times that I've been to the Zoo. Let's see if they will be coming back at all or not.

Taboo lasted so long only because of "old time sake" and the lack of gay gathering venues here in Singapore. Otherwise, what else is there for the club to stay for. This is the golden opportunity for the richer gays to go open up another venue, and kill it off for good. 

24 minutes ago, tic-toc said:

From Your msg, I think you have misunderstood me. 

Taboo is not a sauna. 

“Come back Stronger “ = with better venue & facilities, talented DJ, powerful sound system

”supporters” = patronage 

Oh!  no wonder they closed down.  No sex. 

11 hours ago, Why? said:

People don't go to Sauna to show support for the management, they go there for sex.    How strong they comes back, will depend on the strength of human urge to go there.

You can say the same for nearly any business.   People don't go to restaurant to show support for the management, they go there to fill their stomach.  How strong they come back depends on the strength of human urge to eat!

7 hours ago, Why? said:

Oh!  no wonder they closed down.  No sex. 

Gay bars are not there for sex.  They are a PRELUDE to sex, to find sex partners or at least get aroused.  :thumb:  

People who dissed about Taboo here are just outsiders or too cheap to have a real night out. Thanks TABOO for being so fun all those years, letting us meet so many interesting characters and then some. All the gay pub crawling at Tg Pagar and the late night suppers after :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to Taboo Club @ Neil Rd Discussion (compiled)(Closed)
Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator

I hope Taboo doesn't vanish in the end but instead makes an eventual comeback. Every city's LGBTQ community needs at least one dance club of the type represented by Taboo. Smaller bars like Backstage and Tantric have their place, but there is something special about the bigger dance clubs that makes them uniquitous around the world, so it would be a real shame if the younger generations who will soon grow up in Singapore, and come to terms with their identity in the years after the coronavirus pandemic is over, don't have a spot to experience the dance club rite of passage at Taboo (or a similar replacement venue).

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, mate69 said:

Too noisy and crowded already. Can do with fewer clubs and discos. 

Dun be silly, Taboo is like the only main gay club in SG. And the crowd there is not bad.

So it should stay, those who should go are those straight clubs or gay pubs who attract nonsense patrons like twinks or ang mohs.

12 hours ago, Guest Huh said:

Dun be silly, Taboo is like the only main gay club in SG. And the crowd there is not bad.

So it should stay, those who should go are those straight clubs or gay pubs who attract nonsense patrons like twinks or ang mohs.

Lol okokok

Jk jk

• 3 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to Taboo Cafe (Formerly Taboo Club) @ Neil Rd Discussion (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.