Male HQ

Photography Enthusiasts + Photographer's Group (Compiled)

qiange

• 3 weeks later...

If you want without the distraction of sex getting in the way and you were serious, there are many very informative YouTube videos that can teach you quite a bit. I use to teach and if they are like outside folks and not someone from the gay community who use photography to get to know guys more for sex then learning, it can be no fun and a waste of my time and their.

So my advice to those who intend to be serious about it. make sure you make your intention clear as to what you want unless you are able to still do both and still come up a competent photography and get your rocks off :)

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest rksilversky

Looking for leanfit / toned / slim / muscular models to photograph , i use a nikon dslr , do pm me if u r keen , tk u : ) .

Edited by rksilversky

• 5 months later...
On 8/24/2020 at 7:35 PM, PokaYoke said:

I saw this announcent on Meetup for a 50mm masterclass by Francis Lee. I'm quite interested but I find the price of S$300 rather steep for a 3 hours stroll through Little India. I googled for articles about Francis Lee or reviews of his courses but found hardly any, other than his Facebook page.

Has anyone here done any previous class with him, and if so, how did you experience that?

Thanks.

To join a so call "masterclass? Your level of photography should not be a newbie still not fully familiar with camera gear to go shoot with an expert. He is about teaching you to see creative aspects, composition, methods of capturing the scene...etc 

Now if you are already pretty familiar with your gear, you might appreciate what he has to teach or show to bring your skill set to another level but again, he is not following any fixed methodology but HIS OWN and his interpretation of how he shoots which is really what photography is about. His peer love the way he shoots and they buy his prints at his own exhibitions and WAHLAH.. he is so called an expert at his creation Some would look at him as very talented and some would see he is good for one form but not another..etc.

These days you can learn a lot from YouTube from really good photographers. From shooting techniques, to hardware, fix your images in post, how to use and choose your gear in the right way PLUS by looking at great photos and just shooting to imitate them can teach you a lot .. enough to help you develop your own style and not copy cat. heheh So that lesson you attend is only one of many on your journey to being a good photography technically and a good photographer at telling a story. I am speaking as someone who dabble in it for over 3 decades. You are always learning. So learning from others is good but how you interpretate what you are learning is just as important and not just use them as template to shoot all your shots.  It's like you can teach someone whow to use all the menu function of Photoshop but if he has no artistic flair, he can't do shit with it heheh

The 50mm story thingy is NOT new. It has been around for a long time. I still do that or use my 14mm for a whole day of shooting, or my 35mm or my 24-70mm or the more challenging, only a 70-200mm. The idea is to force you think with that lens coverage to frame a story. It also make you walk further away or near to get that shot. It does not really teach you technical stuff as per say but to discipline you to use only what you have and make the most of it to tell your story or composition.

Now I am not saying you can't learn anything from this outing with this master but there will be many out there or lessons you have to learn as your passion for this goes.

BTW, the 50mm is a wonderful lens to use, there is a tendency to use this lens wide open and capture photos with a good foreground and a blur pleasant looking bokeh at the back. Shallow depth of field when properly incorporated makes beautiful shots. But it is also not a lens for the shy as you really have to be close to use it to great effect for street shooting.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:45 PM, upshot said:

To join a so call "masterclass? Your level of photography should not be a newbie still not fully familiar with camera gear to go shoot with an expert. He is about teaching you to see creative aspects, composition, methods of capturing the scene...etc 

Edited by PokaYoke

1 hour ago, PokaYoke said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm certainly not a beginning photographer and have been making wildlife and nature shots for many years, mostly because I like doing it but sometimes I manage to sell some. Occasionally I do some street photography a well.

I know the quality of courses and workshops out there can differ greatly and was just looking to see if anyone had any personal experiences with this teacher.

Sure...

Many out there are photography trying to make some cash on the side when they main photographic work is not enough. In my time I have seen many who supplement their income like that. But you seem like someone who have shoot long enough to be able to study a photo and dissect it. I could get a lot from observation alone without photographers having to explain it. You have the fundamental that already support you to take what you know to the next level if you choose to. The next best thing is putting your work out there to be critic by your peers or people way better than you. That is one of the hardest thing to take. It might not be all true but it gives you a good idea of what's 'popular' or perceive qualities that makes a shot good or great. Its the most humbling thing to do as well.

I knwo for a fact a lot of what people shoot to sell for advertising for example.. are really the average shot as they are doing it for commercial reason.. it is when you shoot for you and people buy what you are trying to communication as artful or photographic.. that is really about you. Not something you shoot to play safe. Know what I mean?

Edited by upshot

1 hour ago, PokaYoke said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm certainly not a beginning photographer and have been making wildlife and nature shots for many years, mostly because I like doing it but sometimes I manage to sell some. Occasionally I do some street photography a well.

I know the quality of courses and workshops out there can differ greatly and was just looking to see if anyone had any personal experiences with this teacher.

So what is your biggest gun for wild life you shoot man? 500mm or 600mm with telecovnerter? heheh

Edited by upshot

There people offering such walkabout 'seminar' or Masterclass at Clubsnap. So for those wanting some lesson, refresher or just get a fresh perspective on photography, there are many there and also a lot of experience members that to help or validate if the class of so and so is worth the money and time.

I use to be very active there years offering advice to newbies, lots of photographic kakis I go shoot with and learn from each other back then but to hang out it is not as fun over time as their rules got too claustrophobically rigid. Very govt sensitive and bias to the boys in white by some of the hardcore who 'patrol the free chat forum" (lookout for a guy call Yappy..total die hard and totally unreasonable and still there..he allow chased off a lot of people in there.. can't shoot for shit but talk alot of Pro man in white stuff heheh)

But if you are straightly about the passion of photography it is a good place to start and hang really. Just avoid the kopitiam forum. But it has been dying out for a long time ow due to those fanatics and also the showoff who think their photographic gear is more important than what they actually shoot heeeee. But the threads on photo help and themes are very good still. I go there still once in a while to check on things or see what gear news and review when I upgrade one of my cameras or gear.

Edited by upshot

On 8/26/2020 at 11:43 PM, upshot said:

There people offering such walkabout 'seminar' or Masterclass at Clubsnap. So for those wanting some lesson, refresher or just get a fresh perspective on photography, there are many there and also a lot of experience members that to help or validate if the class of so and so is worth the money and time.

Edited by PokaYoke

18 minutes ago, PokaYoke said:

I have a 400mm telephoto lens on a 4/3rds sensor which gives me an 160% crop factor. So at the long end I can effectively shoot about 640mm.

hah.. ya 4/3 and DX sure give a lot of reach for sure heheh.... The dark side like me or Canon ?

17 minutes ago, PokaYoke said:

Thank you! Never heard of Clubsnap, just took a peek at the site and that's certainly of interest to me. Appreciate the suggestion.

Ya it's been around  a long time man... I was there for a long time almost every night and more often then in BW heheheh. Happy surfing there.... a lot of useful stuff and with a Singapore context so it is really relevant

1 minute ago, PokaYoke said:

At the moment I have a Canon EOS 70D with a 100-400 EF. I got lucky with that lens, each one is unique so it’s pot luck when you buy one, but mine happens to be razor sharp. Of course now I am eying the IS-II USM version, if I can bring myself to forking over the money 🙂

Ya it happens some time when you end up with a less then sharp one and can not change it hehe... But sometime I use my in-body calibration feature in my D4 to correct it and it works great. I use to have a 24-70mm F2.8mm that was like that out of the box.

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens ? That is a pretty impressive lens. Quite zippy AF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hi,

can anyone give me beginner's lesson of photography? I might look forward to buy my own DSLR after learning the beginner's lesson. Anyone willing to teach me free of charge? (or charge in a different sense) I can join your sessions as an assistant. I am serious and hope for serious response. Thanks.

Imagine police are tracking this site to catch us in action.

onlyfans

twitter

Just now, Forbidden Vulpes said:

hi,

can anyone give me beginner's lesson of photography? I might look forward to buy my own DSLR after learning the beginner's lesson. Anyone willing to teach me free of charge? (or charge in a different sense) I can join your sessions as an assistant. I am serious and hope for serious response. Thanks.

or i could also be a model, i am slim tho, work in progress to be fitter

Imagine police are tracking this site to catch us in action.

onlyfans

twitter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All
Part time Photographer here. I shoot from Lanscapes, Events, Portraits to Erotics.

Shooting for side income for the fam. But willing to shoot in group outings as well.

Do keep in the loop for group outings.

Paul King

Bi-Curious Daddy looking for Safe Fun.

WhatsApp: +65 84358727
or Line: paulking
or Telegram: @paulking78

Ask me stuff :  curiouscat.me/PaulKing