Male HQ

Photography Enthusiasts + Photographer's Group (Compiled)

qiange

Great to see new posts here.

I like that little grasshopper, Robin. :thumb:

Here are some of mine.

209873.jpg

Sadly, I've gotten an assignment on super-short notice. Tomorrow's outing is off. :(

But, I'll update again for Sep. There will be a few outings then, and a few weekday ones.

Instagram @the_meowprince

lovely shots! really colourful and nice compositions. Esp the one of the cat... with the frame-hole creating a sense of mystery of feline and lifeform through the seemingly dead/cold textures of the walls. nice job!

Art makes the world go round! Love is the entirety of it!

blog: www.confusedfella.blogspot.com

Too bad I sucks at photo taking and I don't own a camera. :X

Phonecam also can... I used a Nokia 6500 previously, a non-smartphone. :)

Just some unedited samples of what a dumb phone can do.

209901.jpg

209902.jpg

209903.jpg

Its just how you choose to use what you got. Really. :)

lovely shots! really colourful and nice compositions. Esp the one of the cat... with the frame-hole creating a sense of mystery of feline and lifeform through the seemingly dead/cold textures of the walls. nice job!

Thank you. Hope to see you join us some time too. :)

If there's any outing. I would love to go for one and learn some phototaking techniques. I do have a camera. Maybe meow prince could guide me.....

The shots taken are really nice....

Thank you.

Shall be posting up the next few outings very soon.

There will be weekday outings in Sep. ;)

Sun 04 Sep - 8.00am Little India MRT (MacKenzie exit)

*this is a generic walkabout outing, beginners welcome.

- Mp

- E

- E

- Md (from other forum)

Mon 05 Sep - 7.50am Punggol MRT

*this outing will have a focus on architecturals and man-made natural scenes, open to all levels.

(limited slots)

- Mp

- W

-

Mon 05 Sep - 6.00pm Redhill MRT

*evening shoot, ends by 7.40pm, tripod optional.

- Mp

-

Fri 09 Sep - 6.00am pre-dawn city shoot

* location will only be shared with confirmed attendees

(limited slots)

- Mp

- L (from other forum)

Sat 10 Sep - 8.00am Queenstown MRT

- Mp

For those keen to join us, please PM me your name and contact number. Each outing is limited to no more than 5 pax (including myself). Please understand that the outings are also shared on another forum, hence it is possible that it gets full quickly. Thank you for your understanding.

* edited for changed venue of Mon outing, and added sign-ups.

Edited by MeowPrince

prettay shots mannn... the 1st is dynamic while the last photo is my fav of the 2... Good capture of the cool colours and the last bits of warmth from the sun to compliment the coolness. would love to join for some photography outings sometime =)

Just some of the photos I've taken.. unedited shots

Done using a self-made pinhole camera, take and wash photo.

14847_172124547846_541022846_2740114_8061151_n.jpg

Along ECP using 2mp cam phone

217583_6086162846_541022846_213879_4111_n.jpg

Trip to the birdpark.. Couldn't resist the endearing looking cockatoo... so i shoot shoot shoot!

248332_10150207549162847_541022846_6988118_2760799_n.jpg

Edited by ConfusedFella

Art makes the world go round! Love is the entirety of it!

blog: www.confusedfella.blogspot.com

Some more samples, in part reply to those who joined the recent Sunday outing :)

901.jpg

902.jpg

And yes, even a common object can become a series.... "Sitting Tools"

903.jpg

For upcoming outings -

Sat 10 Sep - 8.00am Queenstown MRT

- Mp

- L (from other forum)

-

-

Mon 12 Sep - 8.00am Duxton Plain

- Mp

- L (from other forum)

- Skt

-

Sun 18 Sep - 8.30am Tiong Bahru MRT

- Mp

-

-

For those keen to join us, please PM me your name and contact number. Each outing is limited to no more than 5 pax (including myself). Please understand that the outings are also shared on another forum, hence it is possible that it gets full quickly. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi, great photos. Can i ask if did u edit the photo in computer to enhance it or the photos are straight from the cameras? Do u use a polariser? U know wehre to get cheap second hand lenses in spore? u wanna sell any accesories?

Great job btw.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Most of my outdoor scenery, food, macro, nature photos are out-of-camera, with only the occasional cleaning of dust specks off the image. Infrareds are all post-processed for a look and feel that I deem as my signature style. I do use filters and tripods, but only when the moment/shot requires it to make a better photo.

Another from a recent last-minute outing...

0759.jpg

BTW, tomorrow's outing is full already.

Shall put up more outings after that. :)

Hi, I seen most of the photos taken is really outstanding. Did you do any contrast editting on most photos? If not, that is damn good.

May i know when is the next event and would like to take part... i am noob though... hope can give me some tips.... hehe..

btw, i using a normal nikon D5000, AF18-55mm lens.

Please "like" my facebook page....http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ric-the-therapist/444939978901033?ref=hl

well, seems interesting, though i'm more of an illustrator than a photographer, oh well, hope you enjoy ur time =)

btw, your watermark is a little dominating, try to make it smaller, so that ppl can enjoy the photo better.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

These are pretty, I don't own a proper camera (as in DSLR, SLR, film cameras). I use my iPhone to take pictures, uploaded on net via Instagram. (:

6d90a56d1544437eae404f88304418d5_7.jpg

0c47182cd3044d6496feb498d9b2bb16_7.jpg

26643836bb4247b89d1e1086c9ddcad1_7.jpg

Just some of my works, not my best, but I didn't watermark them, so... Haha. Do enjoy.

Edited by Impere

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

Hi Impere,

Ah...the cat is pissed. But such a great moment.

I like the 3rd picture too, all the crisscrossing of cables. Is this somewhere in Seletar or Yio Chu Kang?

The 2nd pic looks very retro...almost like a shot in the 70s.

The cat one reminded me more of Alice in Wonderland, the Cheshire Cat (who was also on a tree), the 3rd picture is taken in the Buangkok Kampong (Really nice place to take photographs)

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

Impere these are nice shots via Instagram! How long've been doing iPhoneography? Were you at the SIN 2011 exhibition? ^^ http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=264877316870614

Nope, I didn't know of that event. Haha. Thanks for the compliments. I have more photos (those are not the best) but since I don't watermark my photos, I guess it's not too good to put a lot of them up. Haha (:

Photos are meant to be shared~ (well if you want to, that is XD)

And there are apps out there that can watermark photos before uploading on IG

InstaSG is having its first Instameet cum Photowalk on the 15th of October too.. more details out soon

http://on.fb.me/oGdg1D

Haha, I heard about that, not sure whether to go or not. I don't really like to watermark my photos in the first place. Haha (:

Haha I'm still closeted, so if I put some of my works, I'm kinda worried if people will recognise them. Oh well.

But if you go for the Instameet, you'll probably see me there! Haha.

Ohh, are you saying you're pretty famous? HahHAHA oh well then.

Oh okay only la. Famous would be like silly_human, aikbengchia, etc. The few thousand over followers.. the top SGIGers basically. I'm not famous la haha I'm just cautious.

Haha, I don't really know about them. (: Hope to see your works soon though.

Am pretty busy these couple of weeks with back-to-back corporate assignments... :(

Next outing -

Fri 14th Oct, from 6.00pm to 8.00pm

Meet-up point on Alkaff Bridge. Those keen, PM me name + tel. It will be a casual walk, though a tripod will be good-to-have if you want to do longer exposures. Please note that I do note wait for latecomers.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About my outings

The outings I run have been around for several years, and are also posted on another forum and on FB. There are a couple of co-organisers, though they have been busy with work since early'11. Our outings are all small-group ones, numbering 5 pax or less. This allows better interaction amongst the group, and minimizes the annoyance to residents (human and nature). The small group also attracts far less attention (and hence, less complaints). So those mob-types you find off Facebook "outings" and Clubsnap and other forums is definitely NOT my cup of tea. As for "model shoots", those are extended privately. Costs are shared, and we have our own professional MUAs.

The plus of my outings is that you can be assured of finding things to shoot (against the nonsensical notion that "...Singapore has nothing to shoot..."), and the knowledge that you've a professional photographer in the group.

We also share opportunities, albeit very quietly. A recent participant is now shooting for a scenic calendar, together with me. Another participant has become a part-time assistant to a photographer friend. Some of the participants from past outings have gone on to become prize winners in the SYPA.

About my photos/cameras

Most of my photos you see posted in this thread are minimally (if at all) processed, mainly for dust patches and minimal burn/dodge (5-8%, single stroke). The saturation/colors are most of the time out-of-camera. The only photos I process are human portraits, and only for facial blemishes and additional affects (eg color toning). I use Nikon and Fujifilm DSLRs, a Holga GFN, a prehistoric Coolpix4500, a Panasonic point-n-shoot, a phonecam (previously Nokia, now Samsung), and the occasional disposable film camera. Though I only post my DSLR and phonecam photos on this forum.

Heh. Hope that answers the PMs and posts in some way. And now I gotta rush off to work. *waves*

These are pretty, I don't own a proper camera (as in DSLR, SLR, film cameras). I use my iPhone to take pictures, uploaded on net via Instagram. (:

6d90a56d1544437eae404f88304418d5_7.jpg

Just some of my works, not my best, but I didn't watermark them, so... Haha. Do enjoy.

Impere, crop off the upper 1/3. The leaves do not do justice to the picture. ;)

0c47182cd3044d6496feb498d9b2bb16_7.jpg

Dude !!! this is an iphone ? lol

It has a serious style in the tone !!! amazing !