Male HQ

Nature Walk In Singapore

abang

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but: Anyone been to the Garden by the Bay? Is it nice?

Hi, I have been there. It is very nice, especially for those who like outdoors,nature,walks... suitable to have picnics, and definitely for photography.

Self prefer to head there in the late afternoon early evening hours, looking forward to the light & sound display from the Super Trees section.

Maybe you'd wanna check it out. =)

"When You Judge Another, You Do Not Define Them, You Define Your SELF" 

Will be doing some trekking & checking out parts of MacRitchie nature trail today at 11AM.

Hopefully the weather is good & favorable and there'll be more decent company.

"When You Judge Another, You Do Not Define Them, You Define Your SELF" 

Over the weekends weather not very gd, and not a gd time for trekking and nature walk. Even the rain has stopped, the trail will be wet and slippery.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

from the ST coy to mac (via tower) is abt 6.6km if u take the trail along the water edge. weekends u can see joggers. the trek is frequent by pple.

ST coy to mac route only abt 6.6km, consider not very far.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Check out the starting point from the ST company to macritchie. The signboard state tht 7.2 km to macritchie and 1.6 km to the tower. There is also signboard state tht 4.4km to bt timah nature from the ST company point. Actually not consider very far to macritchie, only 3km more if compared hiking to bt timah nature from the same point.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 3 months later...
Guest dark_jedi

dropped by bt timah and hindhede park this morn... it was lovely!

due to PH, not much of a crowd, though they came in later...

there was areas of mist along the route, nearly surreal... i shall go there more often, and other green places too... who knows wat will happen to them since they are not even worth a mention in that "coloured" paper...

dropped by bt timah and hindhede park this morn... it was lovely!

due to PH, not much of a crowd, though they came in later...

there was areas of mist along the route, nearly surreal... i shall go there more often, and other green places too... who knows wat will happen to them since they are not even worth a mention in that "coloured" paper...

Bt timah nature reserve park is a lovely place to hike.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone keen on visiting Pulau Semakau ?

-------------

Dear all,

These are the available walks for July to September 2013:

14 July, 5.30 am - noon

27 July, 6 am - 12.30 pm

25 Aug, 5.30 am - noon

22 Sep, 3-8.30 pm

There is also a walk to Sisters' Island on 24 Aug, 5.30-11 am. Limited places only.

If you are interested, please email Luan Keng at thenatureworkshop.sg@gmail.com with the following details:

Name of organiser

Mobile number of organiser

Number of participants*

Date of walk

*Participants must be 7 years old and above.

Booking is a first-come-first-serve basis. A non-refundable pre-payment must be made in order to confirm your booking. The cost per pax is $55.00. The cost includes ferry charges, guiding and coordinating fees.

I will confirm the availability and send you details for payment upon receiving your registration. If you have any queries, please feel free to email me.

Thanks

Passby, which one u going? I join, need buddy to take care of me

-------------

Dear all,

14 July, 5.30 am - noon

27 July, 6 am - 12.30 pm

25 Aug, 5.30 am - noon

22 Sep, 3-8.30 pm

There is also a walk to Sisters' Island on 24 Aug, 5.30-11 am. Limited places only.

If you are interested, please email Luan Keng at thenatureworkshop.sg@gmail.com with the following details:

Name of organiser

Number of participants*

Date of walk

Booking is a first-come-first-serve basis. A non-refundable pre-payment must be made in order to confirm your booking. The cost per pax is $55.00. The cost includes ferry charges, guiding and coordinating fees.

I will confirm the availability and send you details for payment upon receiving your registration. If you have any queries, please feel free to email me.

Thanks

Guest dark_jedi

judging at these timings, it should be a inter-tidal walk (but it's better to confirm, as it may only be a land walk), you guys will enjoy it, can see giant clams, nudibranchs, fishes, maybe octopi, seahorses, anemones, corals and so on and so on... luan keng is a good guide and very knowledgeable :)

judging at these timings, it should be a inter-tidal walk (but it's better to confirm, as it may only be a land walk), you guys will enjoy it, can see giant clams, nudibranchs, fishes, maybe octopi, seahorses, anemones, corals and so on and so on... luan keng is a good guide and very knowledgeable :)

I believe so... Whatever it is, being able to get on Pulau Semakua is already a challenge... Unless you are on organised tour...

• 2 weeks later...

I will be interested to join ... I love Nature and Nature Walk... pls keep me informed of any event

"Success has nothing to do with what you Gain or Accomplish for Yourself.
It's What You have Done for Others."
"Development of a country has nothing to do with High Economic Growth Rates,

Its about to what extent have Human Life in the country been Enriched."

By Myself ~~~

• 3 weeks later...

-------------

Dear all,

14 July, 5.30 am - noon

27 July, 6 am - 12.30 pm

25 Aug, 5.30 am - noon

22 Sep, 3-8.30 pm

Name of organiser

Number of participants*

Date of walk

Thanks

Oops....I forgot all about this post...

• 2 months later...

For those who rarely do outdoor activities, I recommend a walk up Mt. Faber from Harbour Front MRT. 

Walk up the steps and walk towards Henderson Wave. 

Exit from there and walk towards SAFRA Mt. Faber.

The entire walk is about 45 mins but if you rarely exercise, this is a good activity for 1st timer.

Guest dark_jedi

anyone knows of any specific landmark/marker from the trek from macritchie to bukit timah nature reserve?

the trek starts near the reservoir, with clear signages... however when it reaches the open air area near bt nature reserve, there wasn't any clear markers, because that time when i trekked there with a fren, he seemingly found the way very easily...

I actually start the southern ridges from Hort Part all the way to Vivo city. Long distance, but it is quite interesting.  :thumb:  :thumb:

Agreed with edsam. This route is nice. May also start from Hort park alexandra arch to vivo. Nice scenery, when at henserson wave and mt faber.

About 2 hrs walk. Rather shady for most part.

Agreed with edsam. This route is nice. May also start from Hort park alexandra arch to vivo. Nice scenery, when at henserson wave and mt faber.

About 2 hrs walk. Rather shady for most part.

the night view of Henderson wave and mt faber is the very good, especially when light is on.

I actually start the southern ridges from Hort Part all the way to Vivo city. Long distance, but it is quite interesting.  :thumb:  :thumb:

How long is the distance?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

anyone knows of any specific landmark/marker from the trek from macritchie to bukit timah nature reserve?

the trek starts near the reservoir, with clear signages... however when it reaches the open air area near bt nature reserve, there wasn't any clear markers, because that time when i trekked there with a fren, he seemingly found the way very easily...

U mean when u trek from macritchie towards bt timah nature, n when reached bt timah nature, u lost ur way?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest dark_jedi

U mean when u trek from macritchie towards bt timah nature, n when reached bt timah nature, u lost ur way?

no no haha... i was following a fren, he managed to find the "entrance" route into the BT nature reserve area but i was unable to notice any discerning signs/landmark/markers...

no no haha... i was following a fren, he managed to find the "entrance" route into the BT nature reserve area but i was unable to notice any discerning signs/landmark/markers...

I see, the entrance at the open area at bt timah nature dun have any sign which is clearly be seen. I assume u walked from the rifle range rd direction trying to find the entrance into bt timah nature?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

oh no.... my mistake... what i mean to said is that you wouldn't get bored... :oops: :oops:

Haha, i see. If the walk one way need to take 2 hrs, the distance consider quite long leh! Will try out the walk one day. :) Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Haha, i see. If the walk one way need to take 2 hrs, the distance consider quite long leh! Will try out the walk one day. :)

as long as the weather is good, no rain and not too hot, 2 hour will be very fast lor. there are many place along the way that you can stop to take some rest and enjoying the view.

every time my Malaysian friends came to visit singapore and ask me to bring them to some nice outdoor place, i always bring them to try out this walk.

haha, they all enjoy it and being amazed that singapore still got so many tree... :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:

Guest dark_jedi

I see, the entrance at the open area at bt timah nature dun have any sign which is clearly be seen. I assume u walked from the rifle range rd direction trying to find the entrance into bt timah nature?

i think it's along the rifle range route... the starting point was from the forested area near the canoe-ing area, quite clear directions from there...

so that means it would be impossible to find the 'entrance' again?... haiz...

... the henderson-hortpark walk does sound do-able...

i think it's along the rifle range route... the starting point was from the forested area near the canoe-ing area, quite clear directions from there...

so that means it would be impossible to find the 'entrance' again?... haiz...

... the henderson-hortpark walk does sound do-able...

U mean clear direction from macritchie to rifle range rd?

After u reached the rifle range rd, if u walk down somewhere along the rd, u need to walk towards a big open grass area, the entrance into the bt timah nature path is somewhere located along there. There is actually two entrance tht u can get into bt timah nature. If u get the wrong direction at the open grass area, u wld end up walking into entrance lead to diary farm park.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

as long as the weather is good, no rain and not too hot, 2 hour will be very fast lor. there are many place along the way that you can stop to take some rest and enjoying the view.

every time my Malaysian friends came to visit singapore and ask me to bring them to some nice outdoor place, i always bring them to try out this walk.

haha, they all enjoy it and being amazed that singapore still got so many tree... :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:

Indeed quite amazed to find nice nature walk route with many trees here.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

After u reached the rifle range rd, if u walk down somewhere along the rd, u need to walk towards a big open grass area, the entrance into the bt timah nature path is somewhere located along there. There is actually two entrance tht u can get into bt timah nature. If u get the wrong direction at the open grass area, u wld end up walking into entrance lead to diary farm park.

The walk from MacRitchie to Bt TImah Nature Reserve totaling about 11km is a bit challenging but rewarding.

Did the trails a long time ago, thought of doing it again.

The hike can be fun and great for building health and fitness too. 

Guest dark_jedi

2 entrances?... hmmm...

yes, correct, the big open grass patch was the pivotal point haha... this calls for drastic measures then, i will jio that fren there again and this time will take photographic evidence of the entrance haha!

The walk from MacRitchie to Bt TImah Nature Reserve totaling about 11km is a bit challenging but rewarding.

Did the trails a long time ago, thought of doing it again.

The hike can be fun and great for building health and fitness too. 

i forgot it was about 11km!!!!.... but i loved it, it was SHIOK!