Male HQ

Body Building Protein & Health Supplements Discussion (Compiled)

Tight Ass

2005 - 2009

http://www.rdasiatrustedbrands.com/2010/library/index.html > Vitamins/Health Supplement

Enuf said.

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Guest Amway

Nutrilite.

The supplements are not the key point here as Nutrilite also emphasizes on a balanced diet, positive emotions, sufficient rest n exercise,

R u a representative of Amway n I used to consume their supplement but my sale agent went back to Malaysia. The one I took was triple x or something similar. Wonder how much is it now?

R u a representative of Amway n I used to consume their supplement but my sale agent went back to Malaysia. The one I took was triple x or something similar. Wonder how much is it now?

Hi, i am a member alrite, so I'm authorized to sell.

But i'm not really active.

Juz dat I find dat d bckgrd of this brand is really impressive and gives d confidence dat its production has made it much safer to consume compared to other brands.

I juz love to share its goodness to frens n fellow AJs out thr, juz like our other frens here share their experiences of their usage of other products. ^_^

I only know DoubleX.

It costs S$73 now (refill: S$ 69).

Pls PM me if you have further enquiries. :B)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Guest 2X or 3X

Hi, i am a member alrite, so I'm authorized to sell.

But i'm not really active.

Juz dat I find dat d bckgrd of this brand is really impressive and gives d confidence dat its production has made it much safer to consume compared to other brands.

I juz love to share its goodness to frens n fellow AJs out thr, juz like our other frens here share their experiences of their usage of other products. ^_^

I only know DoubleX.

It costs S$73 now (refill: S$ 69).

Pls PM me if you have further enquiries. :B)

Haha! I think the other gentleman must have been watching too much "videos" to recall 3X. :P

Think you better recommend him protein powder as well to replenish his "constant lost" :P

Guest Amway

Haha! I think the other gentleman must have been watching too much "videos" to recall 3X. :P

Think you better recommend him protein powder as well to replenish his "constant lost" :P

Thanks for your recommendations. I am still studying last time when my frd recommend me the dbl or trp X supplement. As much as I can recall, it come in a pencil case like minibox n it has 3 compartment with 3 diff colors of tablets to consume.

On the contrary, there IS a TripleX

I did a simple Google and found out that DoubleX is known as TripleX in Japan. ;)

Thanks for your recommendations. I am still studying last time when my frd recommend me the dbl or trp X supplement. As much as I can recall, it come in a pencil case like minibox n it has 3 compartment with 3 diff colors of tablets to consume.

Yeah, you are right. It comes in a green case with 3 compartments for the multivitamins, multiminerals and the plant concentrate tablet in each compartment. I liked the fact that they managed to include concentrates from 17 different fruits and vegetables in the tablets, something I dun c in most other brands :)

Edited by qedcwc

2005 - 2009

http://www.rdasiatrustedbrands.com/2010/library/index.html > Vitamins/Health Supplement

Enuf said.

No trusted lube brands or condoms?

Maybe a trusted sex toy brand?

lol

No trusted lube brands or condoms?

Maybe a trusted sex toy brand?

lol

U ask Readers Digest la....

They determine d categories.... hahaha.... :lol:

Guest Amway

On the contrary, there IS

different fruits and vegetables in the tablets, something I dun c in most other brands :)

Guess I'm right as I'm quite confirmed it called triple x. It's being endorsed by one of the china sprinter Liu Xiang when I first consume it few years back when it's quite famous. Anyway, I think that it's good that u get ur fact right! So how can I contact u if I want to get it? Guess my age is catching up, approaching 30 soon n in need to the triple X energy to keep up in the workforce!

• 2 months later...

I am thinking of taking supplements to help me out in my gym routine and have some questions in mind, hopefully you can recommend.

1.Which supplement is good to get more muscle definition and burn more fats.? I am 167 70kg. Maybe gain a lil bit of mass.

2.Is it true that taking supplements can cause acne and make you fat easily if you don't continue to exercise regularly?

3.Heard that GNC is quite expensive and some of my friends recommended me to go online. Is it trustworthy? Is there any good web you guys can recommend?

Thanks for your advise!!

Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast

Guys! Do any of you take creatine? Can you share your experience...?

Recently I thought of trying, as it says it can help you do more heavier/extra reps. I googled it and found 2 types, Creatine Monohydrate and Ester Creatine which claims to be better than the former as it absorbs faster, no bloating/water retention…

What are your thoughts on this? is it true?

There’s also a method to taking creatine, something about loading phase and maintenance phase and lastly wash out phase. Question! How long is the maintenance period?

That awkward moment when you say goodbye and then walk in the same direction...

Guest UnicornPiss

i've not tried creatine myself but you should totally give it a shot. You could tried Gold's fitness. They pretty much have one kind of it if i'm not wrong. The bad thing about creatine is that you've to continue taking it else the effect will wear off. That's why i choose Jack 3D over creatine. Cheaper and better i guess? Lemme know how is creatine like k?

the solution to deflating like a balloon once ure off creatine has to be bulgarian tribulus. i've been taking it for the past few months, with creatine and glutamine and am seeing very positive effects on strength and muscle gain and retention.

i only take creatine n glutamine on my gym days which can b rather infrequent due to my work schedule. before this my weight would tend to go down after 1 or 2 weeks of not going gym, but after taking bulgarian tribulus my weight n mass tend to b more stable, i even find it easier to bulk up further. how this works is that it naturally induces your body to increase its testosterone production, facilitating muscle gain n recovery.

the other positive effect is of course, enhanced sex drive n harder erections. my boy certainly loves it :B)

of course, as with all supplements, take it in moderation!

Edited by acidtongue

• 3 weeks later...

i only take creatine n glutamine on my gym days which can b rather infrequent due to my work schedule. before this my weight would tend to go down after 1 or 2 weeks of not going gym, but after taking bulgarian tribulus my weight n mass tend to b more stable, i even find it easier to bulk up further. how this works is that it naturally induces your body to increase its testosterone production, facilitating muscle gain n recovery.

the other positive effect is of course, enhanced sex drive n harder erections. my boy certainly loves it :B)

of course, as with all supplements, take it in moderation!

I took creatine and protein powder to bulk up. I found that I could increase my workout without much sores the next few days.

But instead of bulking up, I got leaner and more defined muscles. Now my big chest is almost gone and my pecs are more defined. My fb who encouraged me to bulk up was quite pissed off because he loved my softer muscles, much more springy to touch.

Now that you mentioned it naturally induces your body to increase its testosterone production, facilitating muscle gain n recovery, I felt a lot of sexual tension in my balls and prostate. The tingling feelings that only other bottoms can understand. As a bottom, increased sex drive means I needed my fb to service me everyday. But he said he tak boleh tahan everyday.

Ended up I had to go saunas to get my tingling feelings scratched. Thanks to my better muscular definitions, finding a good top is so easy. I felt so alive.

But is really not healthy or natural side effect? I find it so difficult to control my urge because if I don't get my release, the next day I could feel like there's "wind" in my balls and prostate and I was always aware of it the whole day through. It's like I haven't had sex for a long time but I actually had it less than a day ago!

I tried to stop taking but within days, I felt lethargic and I can only do half my usual workout. The sex drive went down too and I was able to take a break.

Should I be bothered by this side effect? Frankly, I don't mind but still felt kind of worried.

Guest Jerrick

You can try this website. http://www.iherb.com/

So far i have order several times from this website and i find it to be reliable and has the cheapest international shipping cost.

The supplements at this website cost very much cheaper than the many supplement company in Singapore even when factoring in the US to Sing currency translation.

Generally, takes about 1 week to receive the supplement if you use DHL delivery or about 2-3 weeks if you use international mailing.

You can use my code for a further $5 discount on your first purchase. Discount Code: MUB838

Other supplement websites that i have found to be reliable includes Bodybuilding.com and Nutraplanet.

IMHO, GNC, TSW and NutritionPark all overcharges terribly and the only bodybuilding supplement that you can buy cheaper in Singapore would be protein powder.

I have bought creatine powder in bulk (about 3-4 month supply) for only about $30 (Singapore currency) from Iherb and this is including international shipping cost.

Local online stores are still cheaper than GNC or Nature's Farm.

Bodybuilding.com has the best prices for products but their international shipping costs are high. iHerb.com has much lower shipping

rates but their prices tend to be higher than BB.com. Nonetheless, both websites are still the best places to get supplements on the net.

By the way, my iHerb.com USD5 off first purchase discount code is JIT701. Note that this is a iHerb rewards prog that benefits both u and me. You can choose not to use if you are not comfortable but you will get your own code after your first purchase.

The current 10% off discount code for Bodybuilding.com is MUSCLE10. It lasts till 17 Nov 2011. If it's not working, you can approach live help for assistance.

• 3 months later...
I eat 1) Fish oil capsules 2) Spirulina tablets 3) Chlorella tablets 4) Red Yeast capsules 5) Aloe Vera capsules 6) Probiotics capsules

How old are you?

Do you have constipation problem?

Indigestion problem? ;)

How old are you? Do you have constipation problem? Indigestion problem? ;)

30yr old. Suffered from bloatiness and stuck feeling at the upper gastro everytime after a meal, take very long to digest.

went for scope doc said slight hernia. not very smooth output also.

and to add on. Fish oil really works in lower my triglyercides but red yeast doesnt seem to have much effect on my cholestrol although taking it for more than a yr....i m trying to finish it off by taking 4 tablets a day before starting on NOW FOODS brand Sytrinol supplement for chlolestrol.

i buy my supplement and honey from iherb.com. discount coupon code VUK879

I never heard of protein capsule supplements.

I take NUTRILITE All Plant Protein Powder.

Also keep a bottle of Nutrilite Bio C Plus tablets in case of colds.

1. The essential oil is important as our body won't create it and our diet don't have that much. Omega 3/6 is good for us. One recommendation is to take the Flexseed oil.

2. Having said that, the dosage shouldn't take more than 1 g a day unless doctor advise so. Essential oil like Omega 3 does help to reduce triglycerides. However, to reduce LDL, it is another story. Reduce triglycerides reduce risk of heart attack.

3. Red yeast rice extract has statins that work like some of the branded statins from Pharma company like "Crestor". However, the process to extract the statin makes a lot of difference on the effectiveness of the drug, I personally tried other brand and realise that only Hypercol works on me. I have been taking that for years and it is very effective to me. You start with morning 2 tabs and evening 2 tabs and after the LDL goes down, you can reduce to 2 tabs a night and monitor the trend.

4. Different people respond to statin differently. Therefore, one may find that this statin works for him but not the other. Some people find that Lipitor won't work for him but Crestor does. Therefore, taking red yeast rice extract requires blood check after 3 month to confirm effectiveness before continuation.

5. Probiotics - you don't have to take this everyday. As we age, our good bacteria reduce. Probiotics help us to boost the presence. Take them for about 5 days and then you can stop for a while. That's what doctor told me.

talking about red yeast, im currently using Hypocol. all the while i only take 2 caps per day...no effect so far so now I increased to 4 caps per day. However i read that Red Yeast like statin, has side effects so I am going stop talking them since it doesnt work for me.

I heard about plant sterols and I may consider taking them. Currently I am going to start trying using this properiatry formula, Syrintol.

I never heard of protein capsule supplements. I take NUTRILITE All Plant Protein Powder. Also keep a bottle of Nutrilite Bio C Plus tablets in case of colds.

Nutrilite is some MLM product issit? Are you one of those MLM pyramid scheme members?

Nutrilite is some MLM product issit? Are you one of those MLM pyramid scheme members?

I won't deny it is.

I'm a buying customer and since I wanted to enjoy a cheaper price, i am a member.

But not actively pursuing it.

As far as i know, MLM is MLM, pyramid scheme is pyramid scheme.

In fact, the USA Federal Court recorded a case in the 70s that declared a particular MLM company NOT a pyramid scheme as the lawsuit claimed.

talking about red yeast, im currently using Hypocol. all the while i only take 2 caps per day...no effect so far so now I increased to 4 caps per day. However i read that Red Yeast like statin, has side effects so I am going stop talking them since it doesnt work for me.

I heard about plant sterols and I may consider taking them. Currently I am going to start trying using this properiatry formula, Syrintol.

Any drugs that work on Chloresterol is statin. Side effect? Again it depends on individual.

Including taking branded statin like Lipitor or Crestor, one should check the liver function through blood test every 3/6 or 12 months.

There is one brand on Red Yeast Rice that I don't want to mention here that actually resulted in muscle aching. Blood test show that some indices went skyrocketed high. Had to stop using that. That drug claimed that their potency is higher than Hypocol. But potency is not the issue actually but whether it works on you or not.

Is the protein help to built up muscle?

Any source of protein is but one of the keys to build muscle.

The other key would be proper workout.

Without it, your muscles won't show much of a bulge.

I am wondering if my liver can still take all the supplements I take everyday. Here's my list:

1 Tablet of Kirkland Multivitamins

1 Tablet of 1000mg Vitamin C with Rose Hips

1 Tablet of 500mg Calcium + Vitamin D

1 Tablet of Finasteride everyday to prevent hair loss

1 serving (5mg) Creatine powder for muscle gain

Occasional serving of protein shake

I am thinking of adding the following into my list:

1 Capsule of Fish Oil (For Omega 3 & 6)

1 Capsule of Sylimarin (Milk Thistle)

3 Capsules of L-Glutathione

1 Capsule of Selenium

I won't deny it is.

I'm a buying customer and since I wanted to enjoy a cheaper price, i am a member.

But not actively pursuing it.

As far as i know, MLM is MLM, pyramid scheme is pyramid scheme.

In fact, the USA Federal Court recorded a case in the 70s that declared a particular MLM company NOT a pyramid scheme as the lawsuit claimed.

What a classy reply :clap: not like those bitches who get all defensive and whine about being attacked by Guests...

Any drugs that work on Chloresterol is statin. Side effect? Again it depends on individual. Including taking branded statin like Lipitor or Crestor, one should check the liver function through blood test every 3/6 or 12 months. There is one brand on Red Yeast Rice that I don't want to mention here that actually resulted in muscle aching. Blood test show that some indices went skyrocketed high. Had to stop using that. That drug claimed that their potency is higher than Hypocol. But potency is not the issue actually but whether it works on you or not.

i have to disagree that everything that lower chlolestrol has statin properties.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen the price tags of different brands of protein shakes in some places and the difference is rather vast. I went to Watsons the other day and saw a normal-sized bottle that costs $73.90. But I just came back from the shop at the stadium and a large bottle was a mere $55. I've been contemplating to get one to gain muscle but I'm not sure if it's worth its salt. How do different brands differ in quality? Does anyone have any experiences to share? Does it really work? What's the most you're willing to spend?

Thanks a lot bros! :)

Guest Guest
I've seen the price tags of different brands of protein shakes in some places and the difference is rather vast. I went to Watsons the other day and saw a normal-sized bottle that costs $73.90. But I just came back from the shop at the stadium and a large bottle was a mere $55. I've been contemplating to get one to gain muscle but I'm not sure if it's worth its salt. How do different brands differ in quality? Does anyone have any experiences to share? Does it really work? What's the most you're willing to spend? Thanks a lot bros! :)

Check out this Bodybuilding.com start page on "protein":

http://www.bodybuild...ore/protein.htm

Types of protein:

There are various types of protein - whey protein, soy protein, whey isolate, egg protein, micellar casein protein etc.

Whey protein is the most popular and most commonly consumed.

Brands of protein:

Popular brands include Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey (it's a bestseller on BB.com and GNC), though of course there are other brands.

What factors to consider:

Get a protein that has a high protein percentage per ounce - a good guide should be between 22 to 26 grams per ounce (the more the better).

Also look out for cost per 2 lb tub or 5 lb tub.

Personal recommendations:

Generally, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey (24 gm per ounce) is most competitive in terms of price if sourced from BB.com (even when you take into account the shipping charges to Singapore). Avoid buying from GNC at all costs cos they notoriously mark up their prices to cover rental, etc.

Nutrifirst.net is also worth taking a look at, especially their in-house whey protein (22 gm per ounce). There was once they priced it very low at S$60 per 5 lb tub. Get it if they do it again!

Guest Guest

(continued from last post)

Taste:

When in doubt, always choose the cookies-and-cream flavour of any brand. It tends to be easier on the tongue.

The chocolate taste of some brands taste like calcium powder (UGH!)

The strawberry taste of some brands taste like strawberry syrup or Dhasedyl cough mixture (UGH!!!)

You don't want to buy a protein powder only to find that it tastes like shit and you don't want to finish off the entire tub.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.