Male HQ

Tucking Shirt Into Underpants

kandel1989

My Dad tells me that this habit of tucking shirts into underpants was very common until the 1950s, because they did not come with an elastic waistband. Because of this men had to tuck this way so they could keep the underwear up by buttoning or clipping it into their trouser braces. Hence his father dressed him this way out of habit although elastic waistbands had arrived, and braces were less common. As a child I was also dressed this way, and never questioned it. The majority of my schoolmates did so as well, but as time goes on I suppose the custom will die out. I prefer dressing this way because I can easily make adjustments to my underwear without undressing, and it does keep my shirt looking neat. Also, the girls seem to like catching a flash of my branded waistband. Win, win!

Whilst I have never tucked my shirt into my underwear, I have recently noticed that my 20 year old son has started to do this. Not wanting to upset a good relationship, I picked my moment to ask him if he was aware that his underpants were showing above his jeans. Fortunately he did not take offence, but said he had noticed other lads at his gym dressed this way so he tried it, and found it more comfortable than having the elastic waistband irritating his skin. I just might give it a go!

• 2 weeks later...

It is a fact of life that jeans slip down, and underpants rise up, so both need constant adjustment throughout the day. Having your shirt worn inside both makes for greater comfort and easier adjustments. My Dad nags me about my underpants showing, but I am less conscious about that than wearing braces which he does to keep his pants up! Maybe when I am older (now 18) I will see his point of view, but in the meantime, I have no intention of changing the way I dress.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Lee said:

It is a fact of life that jeans slip down, and underpants rise up, so both need constant adjustment throughout the day. Having your shirt worn inside both makes for greater comfort and easier adjustments. My Dad nags me about my underpants showing, but I am less conscious about that than wearing braces which he does to keep his pants up! Maybe when I am older (now 18) I will see his point of view, but in the meantime, I have no intention of changing the way I dress.

Does your dad tucks his shirts inside his underwear or just in his pants..? Have you seen his waistband showing? 

13 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Does your dad tucks his shirts inside his underwear or just in his pants..? Have you seen his waistband showing? 

Yes, my Dad does tuck his shirt into his underpants, but they rarely show as his braces (suspenders in US) keep his pants higher.

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Guest Lee said:

Yes, my Dad does tuck his shirt into his underpants, but they rarely show as his braces (suspenders in US) keep his pants higher.

Thats good to know Lee, My dad tucks in his underpants as well .. I can see a glimpse of his red or black briefs showing sometimes over his belt on the back... but he will lower down inside because my mom wI'll tell him his underwear is showing. .

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Thats good to know Lee, My dad tucks in his underpants as well .. I can see a glimpse of his red or black briefs showing sometimes over his belt on the back... but he will lower down inside because my mom wI'll tell him his underwear is showing. .

It's only my Dad who lets me know my underpants are showing, my Mum has never commented. I presume you don't tuck or your mum would nag you as well.

Guest Guest
9 hours ago, Guest Lee said:

It's only my Dad who lets me know my underpants are showing, my Mum has never commented. I presume you don't tuck or your mum would nag you as well.

I too tuck my shirts inside my red or dark blue briefs as well, I usually wear dress shirts like my dad does and jeans. I'm 22. My mum have seen my waistband showing as well one day when I used the restroom at home and she said my blue waistband was showing over my belt on my back, so I just lower my waistband inside my jeans... My father and I we have always tucked in our shirts. 

On 7/14/2018 at 6:57 PM, Guest Mike said:

My teenage brother tucks his shirt into his underwear and usually has about an inch of elastic showing above his jeans. I have picked him up on this on occasions, so he referred me to this site. Didn't realise anyone else dressed this way. Apart from the obvious disadvantage, there must be advantages or guys would not do it this way. What are they?

On 7/13/2018 at 7:12 PM, Guest Joe said:

Having received a detention at school for having my shirt hanging out of my trousers, I started tucking it into my underwear, which many of my mates did. We wore grey shirts and trousers, so my white underpants must have been pretty visible at times, and yet I never got told off again by the teachers. It is certainly an efficient and comfortable way of dressing and at 23 I still dress this way. Few people have ever commented, and I do not really care if they do - after all, my underwear can always be seen on the washing line, so what!

I, too, tuck my shirt inside my underwear all the time, and always with a few inches of my underwear showing which there is nothing wrong with that. If somebody sees my undies showing, so what, no big deal. 

Guest Harry
On 7/26/2018 at 10:50 AM, Guest Guest said:

I too tuck my shirts inside my red or dark blue briefs as well, I usually wear dress shirts like my dad does and jeans. I'm 22. My mum have seen my waistband showing as well one day when I used the restroom at home and she said my blue waistband was showing over my belt on my back, so I just lower my waistband inside my jeans... My father and I we have always tucked in our shirts. 

Good to know there are other young guys using this method. I'm 23, and my girlfriend is always teasing me about flashing my elastic, but I think she finds it quite sexy!

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from my local car wash, where most of the staff are Romanian, and noticed that about half of them had their underpants showing above their jeans. Just an observation, but wondering if this way of dressing is more prevalent overseas.

14 hours ago, Guest Lee said:

Just returned from my local car wash, where most of the staff are Romanian, and noticed that about half of them had their underpants showing above their jeans. Just an observation, but wondering if this way of dressing is more prevalent overseas.

Who knows? I always tuck my shirts inside my underwear and my underwear is always showing (about 2 inches), making sure that they are showing.

Guest Courtesy

I took up this habit due to reading this thread. Now my dress shirts don't bunch up at the front anymore. But must wear low cut underwear, which is uncomfortable because I'm big down there, and a shower rather than a grower. Otherwise my regular underwear might show above the pants and that looks too unprofessional in office wear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Courtesy

I hate low rise underwear so I usually match my underwear to the colour of my shirt so it is not really noticeable if it rides above my pants in a formal setting. At other times, who cares!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am older than most of the writers on here, and remember when tucking your shirt inside your underpants was the more common way of dressing. Trousers were worn higher than now, often with braces to support them, and therefore you were very unlucky if your underwear was visible. I still dress this way because it keeps my shirt tidy and any necessary adjustments to my underwear are easier to make. I think an occasional flash of my underpants is much more acceptable than the current habit of intentional sagging or wearing running tights/long johns under shorts.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @kandel1989 this is still common and I can see some men not only in Singapore are still tucking their shirts or undershirts into their underpants, like the video below.

For me I do not practice it however , I have a strap to secure my dress shirt and undershirt to my black socks so my dress shirt will not be bunch-up , I feel secure with it.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Tucker Tim

yes I always tuck all my shirts in my briefs or boxer briefs - love doing it and seeing others (sadly few) who do it too. It's gpod to read these threads and find others. Definitely a turn on, and yes I masturbate like that too!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 12:14 PM, Guest Tucker Tim said:

yes I always tuck all my shirts in my briefs or boxer briefs - love doing it and seeing others (sadly few) who do it too. It's gpod to read these threads and find others. Definitely a turn on, and yes I masturbate like that too!

I love to tuck my shirts inside my underwear, too and always have my undies showing, too!! It's good that you tuck your shirt in your undies, too!! Don't know if your underwear is showing or not!! If they are, that is great!!

• 6 months later...

I love reading these stories about men tucking their shirts into their underwear and having their underwear showing!!! It is a huge turn on for me!!! I just love to tuck my shirts into my underwear and I love having 3 inches or more of my undies showing and a lot of my underwear will continue to be showing no matter what!!! Happy shirt tucking into underwear!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Sirtaj

I am a 23 year old Asian, born in the UK. When my Dad was alive he taught me and my brothers to tuck our shirts inside our underpants, and I have never thought it was not the norm. I loved my Dad and shall preserve his memory by abiding by his teachings.

Back in primary and secondary school, I do find it sexy for boys who tuck their shirts into their underwear. Their waistband always shows and sometimes I wonder whether they are aware about it or just simply do not care. If there is a time machine, I would have loved to go back and fool around with one or two of them 😛

On 8/2/2021 at 11:50 AM, Guest Sean said:

Back in primary and secondary school, I do find it sexy for boys who tuck their shirts into their underwear. Their waistband always shows and sometimes I wonder whether they are aware about it or just simply do not care. If there is a time machine, I would have loved to go back and fool around with one or two of them 😛

It is quite sexy and a huge turn on when their underwear is showing with their shirts tucked inside their underwear. I also tuck my shirts into my underwear and they are always showing as much as possible, too and I love it when my undies are showing for the public to see.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:17 AM, Guest Sirtaj said:

I am a 23 year old Asian, born in the UK. When my Dad was alive he taught me and my brothers to tuck our shirts inside our underpants, and I have never thought it was not the norm. I loved my Dad and shall preserve his memory by abiding by his teachings.

I tuck my shirt into my underwear, too and they are showing at all times, too!!

• 7 months later...

Latest look from the catwalks of Dior and Louis Vuitton show guys with their shirts tucked into their boxers which are riding quite a few inches above their jeans. The world has caught up at last. I have worn mine this way for several years, and it is so much more comfortable not having the labels or the rough elastic against my skin. Long live the VBL - visible boxer line!

On 8/3/2021 at 12:50 AM, Guest Sean said:

Hahaha at the very most can just point it out to the kids, how else to fool hehe

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.