Male HQ

1980S. The Best Years To Be Born!

sum1outhere_03

Totally miss.... http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/gui/desktop/full/win31.png http://www.wzrd.com/support/ibmpc/dialupnetwork/win3.1/settype.gif http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/monthly_01_2010/post-1302-1264340729125.jpg Remember when there is Win 95/ 98, there are some weird programmes like AT&T, that was actually meant for internet connections for US? My sister always warn me not to anyhow install programs on the internet. And yea, remember when pxxn was only in pictures! lol.

I still remember that AT&T thing. Don't recall what was it exactly about but didn't care because I didn't have a modem in the 90s.

Gosh, those were the days I requested to have Windows 95 just because it was the newest OS around.

The interface was totally different especially when I found the Start button interesting.

I still see pxxn in pictures though. :whistle:

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

lolz.. im 1989!

haha.. so many things u guys mention really make me think how good it was back then!!

so nostalgic and unforgettable xia... >.<

i still remember i used Windows ME aka Windows Millennium.. and at that time, the tv drama channel 8 got show about Millennium bug or something..lol

Edited by Jak09

Guest IamPineapple
lolz.. im 1989! haha.. so many things u guys mention really make me think how good it was back then!! so nostalgic and unforgettable xia... >.< i still remember i used Windows ME aka Windows Millennium.. and at that time, the tv drama channel 8 got show about Millennium bug or something..lol

Yeah the drama called Millennium bug... is damm nice... i still rmb the last part the old man said in Chinese " the earth is round " hahahaha... kind of spooky !

yeah yeah.

additional 2 cents worth from me (does that make it 4 cents now?): the 199X's grp are mainly teenagers who are schooling or in NS.

for us, we are probably schooling and/or working which makes us tougher to organise a proper and HUGE gathering for ourselves.

and yes, i do agree we can start something small :) so lets have a starbucks outing shall we? HAHAHA.

im nice. :)

yeah yeah.

additional 2 cents worth from me (does that make it 4 cents now?): the 199X's grp are mainly teenagers who are schooling or in NS.

for us, we are probably schooling and/or working which makes us tougher to organise a proper and HUGE gathering for ourselves.

and yes, i do agree we can start something small :) so lets have a starbucks outing shall we? HAHAHA.

I like! lol

But what shall we title the outing? 80s Nostalgia? Starbucks Lepak?

I still vote for didi to organise it lol... well if nobody volunteers la.

1984 here.

I still remember the time where we can still eat chewing gum in Singapore until it was ban in early nineties, and all the patriotic national day songs (Count on Me Singapore etc...)

I think we should have a gathering for the 80s to gather. I'm for it! :)

yeah yeah. additional 2 cents worth from me (does that make it 4 cents now?): the 199X's grp are mainly teenagers who are schooling or in NS. for us, we are probably schooling and/or working which makes us tougher to organise a proper and HUGE gathering for ourselves. and yes, i do agree we can start something small :) so lets have a starbucks outing shall we? HAHAHA.

ahh i agree. At this ageee,we're working and getting serious and everything...but it doesnt mean we dont know how to have fun nia

I like! lol But what shall we title the outing? 80s Nostalgia? Starbucks Lepak? I still vote for didi to organise it lol... well if nobody volunteers la.

kaw sekali aku bunuhhhhhhhhhh (direct translation: you sekali i murder) :P

I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth

since no one wants to propose anything yet, lemme do the proposal *kneels down on my knees*... eh wrong proposal ah? lol.

lets set a date shall we. can we put it, 18th sept? and yes, starbucks will be ok. but it also depends on the no of ppl attending..

Yeah the drama called Millennium bug... is damm nice... i still rmb the last part the old man said in Chinese " the earth is round " hahahaha... kind of spooky !

I remember that drama too. Think Zoe Tay acted in it or something.

since no one wants to propose anything yet, lemme do the proposal *kneels down on my knees*... eh wrong proposal ah? lol. lets set a date shall we. can we put it, 18th sept? and yes, starbucks will be ok. but it also depends on the no of ppl attending..

Sounds great! But I think I may only be able to drop by a while.

Have something on that day I think, still unconfirmed.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

A decent centralised starbucks aka NOT KEYBOX. Ok make it simple, those who wanna come down (or think u can come down), just pm me first with email/contact no then based on the numbers, we can decide if starbucks is a bit too small to have everyone.

ahh i think i might want to join in. We need to break the ice and all intially but...i hope it turns out well :D

Hi y'all, 1990 here. Yes, I know, many of you would be shouting at me to get back to the 90's thread; but because I'm in Uni now, my schedule is so different from the rest who are in JC/Poly. Be kind... :D

uh uh uhhhhh the 199x people wouldnt be pleased~~ :o

haha

I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth

Haha, well being born in the right in the middle of the 2 decades, shouldn't I be entitled to both sides? Kinda like bisexuality. Haha okay, not funny

oooooooooo u want the best of both worlds huhh

*draws sword*

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BP you look burnt in your new display pic, you ok? 18th Sept is cool. Next question: which starbucks? somewhere near central city area for everyone's convenience oooooor the 'Starbucks' called Keybox isit? lol

yes im ok. haha... u know something called "contrast" when u edit the color of the photo? ahhaha

Not sure about you guys, but i do remember vaguely seeing at those kind of mamashop or older shops, they uses small basket to hold their coins and dollar notes. They just have to pull something to get the basket down to reachable height and release it to lift the small basket up. I don't see this kind of method to hold money anymore, all uses the electronic kind already.

:)

Not sure about you guys, but i do remember vaguely seeing at those kind of mamashop or older shops, they uses small basket to hold their coins and dollar notes. They just have to pull something to get the basket down to reachable height and release it to lift the small basket up. I don't see this kind of method to hold money anymore, all uses the electronic kind already.

chinatown hawker center, a few stalls run by the older uncles and aunties still use this.

That is ok i used this when i was a kids haha. i am 88 6705PH01.jpg

Saw this kind of computer at national library before... The system was called OPAC I remembered... It was meant to search for catalogue and check account (using DOS)... I remembered my hands were pretty itchy, thus everytime when my parents brought me to library, I'll surely be at OPAC although the system has nothing much to offer.

Until not long after the system changed to Windows with the Netscape and stuff... :)

Will you be my valentine's? :D

probably. 宅男 in office. what to do? we got mouths to feed, careers paths to think +- lives to help .... the early 80's might as well switch over to 1970s thread? but i never looked at it.

I am 宅男! Haha. :) I stay at home most of the time... So if I have a boyfriend in the future I don't mind my boyfriend is one too... But if he knows how to cook and make both of us happy haha...

Will you be my valentine's? :D

Guest IamPineapple

I remember that drama too. Think Zoe Tay acted in it or something.

Yep, Zoe Tay acted in the drama.... man, till now i still can't forget... it's i think the best drama i had seen.... oh ya got 1 more... the "不老的传说" with this theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWtTff3fF5E&feature=related

This song... so nice !

Btw

I'm Interested in the gathering... can i bring along my bf if he's free ?? XD

Edited by IamPineapple

very old sch stuffs! I guess we've been thru quite a huge load of changes!

i'm the 2nd batch of 1980s and was the batch who took streaming exams during my pri 3 and 4! gosh... haha that was hell for me :P

not forgetting the uncle who ride his makeshift bicycle to my area almost every evening selling kaya guyu and jiam tao lou tee :P

Yep, Zoe Tay acted in the drama.... man, till now i still can't forget... it's i think the best drama i had seen.... oh ya got 1 more... the "不老的传说" with this theme song

I think the 1990s really had great dramas then!

不老的传说 was one of the better dramas with a great storyline.

very old sch stuffs! I guess we've been thru quite a huge load of changes! i'm the 2nd batch of 1980s and was the batch who took streaming exams during my pri 3 and 4! gosh... haha that was hell for me :P not forgetting the uncle who ride his makeshift bicycle to my area almost every evening selling kaya guyu and jiam tao lou tee :P

I also took my streaming exams in primary 4 back then.

Everytime my parents kept nagging me to study to just go onto EM2.

I remember primary 3 had this screening exam to pick out students for the gifted programme.

My school was in an old building, that kind of pre-war style. It looks way too modern now after renovation.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWtTff3fF5E&feature=related

This song... so nice !

I love this song a lot when they show this drama <<解连环>> Acted by this 范文芳 and 王沺裁

If I'm not wrong, I think this drama show during in the mid 90's

very old sch stuffs! I guess we've been thru quite a huge load of changes!

i'm the 2nd batch of 1980s and was the batch who took streaming exams during my pri 3 and 4! gosh... haha that was hell for me :P

not forgetting the uncle who ride his makeshift bicycle to my area almost every evening selling kaya guyu and jiam tao lou tee :P

ya... i'm the first batch for the streaming exam. but i always ended up in the EM3. Cos I hate study so much. Coming to seconday, they have those Normal Academic and Normal Technical. Same thing, i'm in the Technical stream. lesser subject to learn compare to the Academic stream. My sec sch days seem to let me rot and play alot. lolx...

Anyway, I should say throughout my education, I consider quite lucky. Everything seem to be smooth for me but in a longer journey to poly and get my deg when i step into working life. If not, I think I couldn't make it to upgrade myself till now.

kaya, guyou with jiam tao lou tee or normal bread. Wah... those were my favorite in those days too. lolx...

Now the standard for those kaya guyu with jiam tao lou tee, the taste is getting from bad to worse. Hardly to get the taste back in those days.