Tien Court Restaurant...Tel: 63183193/98

Carlton Hotel...Tel: 63491292

Ritz-Carlton, Millenia...Tel: 64345286

Sheraton Towers Hotel...Tel: 68395636/23

Fullerton Hotel...Tel: 68778178

Li Bai Cantonese Restaurant...Tel: 68395636/5623

Raffles Hotel, Royal China...Tel: 63383363

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Has anyone tried any good moon cake which is better than Sheralton's (white lotus flavor)? Have always been wanting to try another hotel or restaurant's moon cake which is better than Sheralton's but have been disappointed so far. So anyone got good recommendation? :)

Guest Ah Kum

Has anyone tried any good moon cake which is better than Sheralton's (white lotus flavor)? Have always been wanting to try another hotel or restaurant's moon cake which is better than Sheralton's but have been disappointed so far. So anyone got good recommendation? :)

Got such hotel meh?

Maybe you can try Szechuan Court (Fairmont). This year they have the pure white lotus (baked) mooncakes. Apart from that, their white lotus with single yolk also not bad. Another place to try is Raffles Hotel.

I had also tried East Ocean Restaurant (that's for snowskin).. quite good too. I would think maybe their baked ones shouldn't be too bad either.

Go Takashimaya or any of those shopping malls near your place. Am sure alot will set up booth and maybe a few rounds of sampling before you buy is good. :D

Sorry, wrong spelling. It is Sheraton. Full name is Sheraton Towers.

The mooncakes are not from this hotel but rather from the Li Bai Restaurant ( 李白 ) inside this hotel.

Their baked pure white lotus mooncakes are not too sweet and has macadamia nuts inside; fully agree that they are really good.

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Mid Autumn Festival

Thu 18 Aug to Mon 12 Sep

This Mid-Autumn Festival, indulge your tastebuds with a dizzying array of mouthwatering mooncakes and festive confectionaries at Takashimaya. With more than 50 renowned brands to choose from, surely you can’t resist the ware on display with your family and loved ones? That’s not all. There’s even an early bird special for those who can’t wait to celebrate this joyous occasion. Go on, it’s time to hit your sweet spot.

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

• 2 weeks later...

Another good place to buy the mooncakes will be at Marina Bay Sands Hotel. :thumb:

Please check it out the hotel atrium.

http://www.camemberu.com/2011/08/most-blow-me-away-mooncake-package.html

http://www.marinabaysands.com/Singapore-Restaurants/Quick-Eats/SweetSpot/

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

This year I find Bengawan Solo mooncakes superb. Wonder have they changed a new chef. Melt in your mouth type esp the snowskin white lotus single yolk. Remind me of Pan Pacific standard many years ago. I bought their assorted nuts and low sugar white lotus single yolk. Value for money. Fairmont's standard has dropped since a few years ago. As I prefer traditional mooncakes, my taste buds could be different from most of you.

I went to Raffles Hotel today to buy some mooncakes for my aunties and she cut it to share with everyone.

Its taste very nice, not too sweet. For those of us who enjoy not so sweet mooncakes, you may like to

consider Raffles Hotel. :thumb:

http://www.rafflesho..._tradition.html

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

i guess i'm the most old-fashioned here.... cos i like mixed nuts mooncake.... :P

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Has anyone tried good wood park's lime and lychee combo this year? Any feedbacks?

Thanks. :)

ok only, nothing that one will rave about or at least i wont. never try the mao shan wang but the other flavours are anything special as well.

it could be just me.

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

i guess i'm the most old-fashioned here.... cos i like mixed nuts mooncake.... :P

Me too, and I also like those white thicked skin type which is the size of a CD and has a red seal on top. I think most cake shops are selling about $4/pcs.

Guest Green Pea

Was at St Regis for meeting, went up to snap some pix of their mooncakes.

the traditional baked ones, in a gift set...

00714.jpg

the pretty boxes it comes in....

00716.jpg

the proof is in the eating...

00717.jpg

*all photos taken using cheapo fonecam*

Can give me the box if you don't want them after clearing the mooncake. ;) Must learn to recycle and go green,

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

GRAND HYATT SINGAPORE

Our all-time favourite snowskin mooncakes are from Grand Hyatt Singapore. Every Mid-Autumn Festival, we would look forward to Grand Hyatt Singapore’s Snowskin Mooncakes (S$69 nett). The handmade mooncakes with a modern twist are presented in a square box with a Mother of Pearl texture with accents of rose gold, and they sure make great gifts.

The intriguing flavours include Strawberry, Lime Tequila Truffle; Caramel Macchiato Truffle; Matcha, Azuki Bean, Sake Truffle; Lychee Martini Truffle, and our favourite Champagne Truffle.

If you prefer the traditional baked mooncakes (S$69 nett), Grand Hyatt Singapore also has a range of double yolk and seeds-only option. The flavours for the traditional baked ones are slightly different from the ubiquitous choices; think red lotus double yolk with roasted melon seeds, white lotus double yolk with roasted melon seeds, and black sesame lotus double yolk with bamboo ash.

Grand Hyatt Singapore Mid Autumn Mooncake Box  - Snowskin

For purchases from now till 15 September 2016, you can enjoy an early bird discount of 15% off when you pay with selected credit cards.

Order your mooncakes online at singapore.grand.hyatt.com or call the retail hotline +65 6887 5492.

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

On 01/09/2011 at 9:29 PM, Ethan_Oleh said:

I went to Raffles Hotel today to buy some mooncakes for my aunties and she cut it to share with everyone.

Its taste very nice, not too sweet. For those of us who enjoy not so sweet mooncakes, you may like to

consider Raffles Hotel. :thumb:

http://www.rafflesho..._tradition.html

I also like salty mooncakes not too sweet , it can cause depressed feel.

11 hours ago, lovehandle said:

really not sweet?

I just got something from the Szechuan restaurant in swissotel

Yes. the sugar was reduced. for those who love moooncakes and want something that is not too sweet, can always check it out the mooncakes at Raffles Hotel. :clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.