Male HQ

Beautiful & Emo Songs We Remember That Stays With Us (Compiled)

oralb

Guest Guest

The song which inspired the name of the forum more than 20 years ago, which was also when I first came onto the forum. I personally find this version nicer than the original one, with a wider vocal range and tones. But I guess to each his own. I wonder what the Man himself would think if he can hear it .... 

(In any case, the singer went through the next round of the Voice with her rendition of this song)

Guest 欢场小熊

白光, the original gay icon diva.

This song reminds me of the karaoke at this sauna near the railways station in Bangkok. I went on a weekday afternoon and there's only me and this Thai Chinese uncle singing karaoke. He gave me the eye but I'm not interested. 

This song came up, he said he don't know how to sing it and asked me to teach him.

It's being years since I heard this song but then I took the mike and tried. As I was struggling to sing it, he was pawing me all over. Then he was humming it along with me. 

When I finally got into the flow at this part,

烟花那女子 叹罢那第三声
思想起 何处有知呀知心人
天涯漂泊受尽了欺凌
有谁见逢人笑 暗地里抹泪痕
咿呀呀得儿喂 说给谁来听
有谁见逢人笑 暗地里抹泪痕

I gave up struggling and let him pull off my towel. 

思想起 何处有知呀知心人

He whispered into my ears as he embraced me, " 我就是你的知心人吖"

天涯漂泊受尽了欺凌

"天涯你都漂泊到这里找到我,我不会让别人再欺凌你。"

咿呀呀得儿喂 说给谁来听

有谁见逢人笑 暗地里抹泪痕

As he penetrated me, and I gasped almost in tears as he started fucking me.

I insisted on carrying on the song while he devastated me. When the song ended, like the diva that she was, I pushed him away with my superior physique. Like the diva that she was, I'm not ashamed of being fucked by him and told him to carry on singing if he wanted to, I'll only let him caress me as he sang.

He wanted to carry on fucking me but then he knew he's too weak against me.

This place is for old men like our Shogun and another old man just came and watched him molest me while I sang all the notti songs like 舞女, 骚肉粽, as I wiggled my ample pecs....

They pawed and fingered me as I camp it up to the max. I didn't know why but it felt so fun to act out like her being molested by dirty old men. 

Of course that's not me but sometimes when that atmosphere just felt so right to let go ...dirty old man, notti songs, nobody around, naked sauna....just do it. The mood was so erotic like it's set up for this party fun. Never had so much fun before.

52 minutes ago, wilfgene said:

The same grace that brought back from Jerusalem, the Black Death.

Emo but not beautiful. 

This blog here entitled "Beautiful & Emo Songs We Remembered "is the integration of a few musical discussion groups in the early days  into one by Oral B lone ago. Indeed I started to post many MVs in the musical blog started by Asura. When they integrated into one, I have expressed my view to two moderators that the title should not be so rigidly that the songs posted under this discussion blog might no match the present title. I do not pursuit further simply they are hardworking moderators strive to keep BW alive and indeed do a good job. After all , this blog is merely an entertainment. 

Guest broadwayboy

(as a PHD i don't have time to read the comments so if u reply don't expect a response from me, i will never reply. Thx 4 ur u.)

from WIKIPEDIA:

here is my backstory:

imagine me, a 9 year old, clinging on to a SONY Cassette Tape Player, with the "ALADDIN" Cassette Tape inserted in the right direction, & once i pressed the "PLAY BUTTON" the sounds of the orchestra would play in-sync with the cartoon-animated-action, & for me as a pre-prepubescent-boy ... I was enchanted by the mystical tunes with a Middle Eastern influenced sound reminded me of the flying carpet scene in the cartoon... & once the 2 leads started singing... it gets even better...

Aladdin starts singing with a voice so innocent, & in the song he starts talking about being a tour guide to this stranger lady who in a rare act turns out to be very beautiful...

After SEEING HIM sing first line in the song, I start gtg soaked into this magical concept of 2 strangers who just met... who happen to be good singers... are now going to have a romantic time in the sky sight-seeing aerial attractions despite the fact that night-time is not a good time to see things when they are not well-illuminated... but it is DISNEY MAGIC so u have to play along...

DISNEY has my 9-year-old self believe that such things do happen, "LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT"... & this Duet is a representation of the quality time that a couple has spent ... circulating in the sky for hours... & that is why the end product of this song has won an academy award... How is possible that this simple duet has changed the lives of millions, who all imagine to themselves... or entertain the possibility that one day... that "Someone who u want to meet" will be with u & both of u will  spontaneously erupt into singing ... & for many years I was that Aladdin in the film... hoping to find "My Princess Jasmine" who would come in the form of a local chinese guy... but guess what?!? That day never came... so now I have to prick my 5 year old niece that DISNEY is mostly make-believe... & the song u are going to hear of 2 minutes & 35 seconds only happens to those in celluloid... & that is how this song has left an imprint in my life... till this day 😃

"A Whole New World" is a song from Disney's 1992 animated feature film Aladdin, with music by Alan Menken and lyrics by Tim Rice.[3] A duet originally recorded by singers Brad Kane and Lea Salonga in their respective roles as the singing voices of the main characters Aladdin and Jasmine, the ballad serves as both the film's love and theme song. Lyrically, "A Whole New World" describes Aladdin showing the confined princess a life of freedom and the pair's acknowledgment of their love for each other while riding on a magic carpet. The song garnered an Academy Award for Best Original Song at the 65th Academy Awards.[4] "A Whole New World" also won the Grammy Award for Song of the Year at the 36th Annual Grammy Awards, the first and so far only Disney song to win in the category for the version sung by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle.[3]

---6th June 2020---

Edited by broadwayboy

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.