Male HQ

Shenzhen ( China ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

male3x

Guest Beenthereb4
4 hours ago, G_M said:

It had been reported that the above does not exist.

2019-03-31_11-11-49.jpg

Perhaps they have shifted. I did visit them but it was about a year ago. Anyway, thanks to G_M & Guest for providing the updated info.

• 2 weeks later...

The info was accurate as of the time I posted it. 

Their dianping link (in my original post) now lists the branch as "门店暂停营业", i.e. the place has ceased operations.

It seems they only have two branches left, 龙岗店 and 龙华店.

Such spas come and go, and it's better to check their status on dianping/message the manager on wechat before heading down, though I appreciate this is hard for those who don't read Chinese.

Edited by azndapper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 6:26 AM, fortysumthing said:

If you like chubby masseurs, there are a few 中醫 in Jia Bao Cheng who are chubby. Recently joined JBC is a chubby foot masseur 501 who was 808 in xjmz but left them 2 years ago.

Hi 40st, this is my first time in SZ but was at fuyong district. Can you advise what is the best way to go JBC or XJMZ? Really like all your photos shared so far :)

20 hours ago, silentbehaviour said:

Hi 40st, this is my first time in SZ but was at fuyong district. Can you advise what is the best way to go JBC or XJMZ? Really like all your photos shared so far :)

Hi Silentbehaviour,

Don't bother to go XJMZ. I read from another forum that they have controlled their extra services and it seems male massuers are not allowed to provide oil massage.

I am not sure where is Fuyong district. To get to JBC, if you are along MTR line, take the subway to Lowu station. This is the end of the  number 1. At Lowu station, look for signs that say HK and head towards that exit. There is an escalator that will bring you "one level up".  You will end up in a usually busy passageway which has kiosks and shops on both sides and another escalator in front. Do not proceed to that escalator which will bring you "another level up". That "another level up" will bring you to HK immigration so do not go there. At "one level up", turn right and right again (ie a u-turn) and look for a  passage or exit on your left that will lead you to another passageway. JBC is inside that passageway. Alternatively, ask people for Bank of China. JBC is next door to BOC. I am not sure if there is more than one BOC in that area but the BOC I am referring to is two or three minutes walk from the MTR exit.

If you are not along the MTR line, take a taxi to Lowu and tell taxi driver to drop you off at Lowu train station. At the taxi stand, ask people for directions to Bank of China. But there are many tourists in that area, so not everyone will know where is BOC. If so, ask for Mcdonalds' which is next to the taxi stand, next to Mcdonalds is a huge busy passageway, Cross the passageway and look out for the BOC sign.

Hope this helps.

40st

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guesthappy

Was back from Shenzhen. The scene there has changed slightly perhaps for the worse. Due to the HK situation, the business and the general atmosphere everywhere has become quite subdue. The JBC is noticeably empty and when I was there, the masseurs try to outdo each other in getting your business. The foot masseur I randomly asked for told me I was the first customer for the day for him. He told me business has gone down so much for the past 3 months, he was quite despondent over his survival as he has been in this trade for more than 15 years. Another Masseur who did my body, however, was quite blatant in asking for a RMB200 tips and told me this is now the norm - this is like more than double the asking price of the foot massage plus body massage by JCB. I will think twice about going back for this kind of massage again. Also, the few body masseurs, looks wise were quite ordinary unlike previous ones who were bearish and good looking. Apparently part of JCB has also been taken over by the Bank of China next door, so the premise has now shrank. I suspect there will be quite a major shake up on the businesses at Luowu which depend on the constant streams of HK visitors. Now, it seems the HKers are not coming over and the China people are also repulsed about going to HK. 

On a lighter note, I found out that the foot masseur would also go for outcall body massage. His skill was quite good so I asked him to come to my hotel to do a body massage the next day. His body massage is even better. However, he is straight so no bonus for that. If you need to know he goes by number 582 for those of you who wants a good massage. 

I also found out the contact of the supervisor who supervises the body masseurs (those with pictures). Maybe you could contact him before going and ask him to show pic and who is available before going to JCB. That way you are sure you will get the body masseur you want. The supervisor contact is +86 15999506751. Name is 小李

Guest SZ Visitor
20 hours ago, Guest Guesthappy said:

Was back from Shenzhen. The scene there has changed slightly perhaps for the worse. Due to the HK situation, the business and the general atmosphere everywhere has become quite subdue. The JBC is noticeably empty and when I was there, the masseurs try to outdo each other in getting your business. The foot masseur I randomly asked for told me I was the first customer for the day for him. He told me business has gone down so much for the past 3 months, he was quite despondent over his survival as he has been in this trade for more than 15 years. Another Masseur who did my body, however, was quite blatant in asking for a RMB200 tips and told me this is now the norm - this is like more than double the asking price of the foot massage plus body massage by JCB. I will think twice about going back for this kind of massage again. Also, the few body masseurs, looks wise were quite ordinary unlike previous ones who were bearish and good looking. Apparently part of JCB has also been taken over by the Bank of China next door, so the premise has now shrank. I suspect there will be quite a major shake up on the businesses at Luowu which depend on the constant streams of HK visitors. Now, it seems the HKers are not coming over and the China people are also repulsed about going to HK. 

On a lighter note, I found out that the foot masseur would also go for outcall body massage. His skill was quite good so I asked him to come to my hotel to do a body massage the next day. His body massage is even better. However, he is straight so no bonus for that. If you need to know he goes by number 582 for those of you who wants a good massage. 

I also found out the contact of the supervisor who supervises the body masseurs (those with pictures). Maybe you could contact him before going and ask him to show pic and who is available before going to JCB. That way you are sure you will get the body masseur you want. The supervisor contact is +86 15999506751. Name is 小李

Actually, RMB200 tip is the norm.  I assume that the masseur who gave the body massage is a beautician. Guess you have not engaged a beautician previously.

9 hours ago, Guest SZ Visitor said:

Actually, RMB200 tip is the norm.  I assume that the masseur who gave the body massage is a beautician. Guess you have not engaged a beautician previously.

There are no male beauticians in JBC. Five series masseurs such as 582 are regular foot and body masseurs. Mr. Li, the supervisor mentioned above is only supervisor for the Chinese Medical masseurs, not the foot and body masseurs. Only Chinese Medical masseurs have photos which are posted in front of the male changing room. There are no photos for the foot and body masseurs. Massage by the Chinese Medical masseurs, RMB 200 tips is reasonable as they normally offer extra services.Tips for the regular foot and body masseurs are usually lower unless when they also provide extra services.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

health is most impt

no short cuts, anytime can do massage if u r alive

thanks

i think so too

but in general, are there any bathhouse you recommend ?

also, i undestand there are some rub back or 搓澡工, they scrub the body in nude too and in the presence of other patrons ?? 

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/12/2022 at 12:26 PM, Since u r here said:

While this is good news, I worry that I may be in the wrong place at the wrong time - if I happen to be at a particular place and someone happens to have been found positive for Covid-19 at the same time, I fear I will be locked in and could potentially miss my flight out of China. 

Tempting though it may be, I am inclined to keep away from China unless absolutely necessary. 

On 11/13/2022 at 4:40 PM, yhtang said:

While this is good news, I worry that I may be in the wrong place at the wrong time - if I happen to be at a particular place and someone happens to have been found positive for Covid-19 at the same time, I fear I will be locked in and could potentially miss my flight out of China. 

Tempting though it may be, I am inclined to keep away from China unless absolutely necessary. 

This is absolutely wise. Keep away till the practices and policies are clearer or less distruptive for your travels.

• 1 month later...
Guest Travelling

Hi, I may be visiting Shenzhen in near future now that PRC is gradually opening borders. Can I know whether 香江明珠 and Yong Mei Zhi are still operating?  Thanks. 

• 2 months later...
Guest hkxpt

With the China border now open for tourists (as of March 15, I believe), it will finally be possible to visit Shenzhen. Has anyone visited and can share a report on the spas? I'm curious how many of the spas survived the last few years. I'm also curious if any new ones opened up that are worth mentioning. Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 9:16 PM, Guest hkxpt said:

With the China border now open for tourists (as of March 15, I believe), it will finally be possible to visit Shenzhen. Has anyone visited and can share a report on the spas? I'm curious how many of the spas survived the last few years. I'm also curious if any new ones opened up that are worth mentioning. Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

i got information from masseurs that i know in shenzhen at least below massage shop still open :

- Jia Bao Cheng ( the one in luohu border )

- XJMZ ( xiang jiang ming zhu )

- YMZ ( Yong Mei Zi )

Understand that to travel to China at the moment visa is required ( the free 15 days visa for singaporean still suspended ). I am applying mine now and likely will travel to china next month.

Edited by massage_fan

• 4 weeks later...

As China has yet to grant visa-free travel for Singapore passports, anyone know if visiting Shenzhen via HK and back is okay without China visa? I heard that there is a 144hr transit visa. Can we use this to enter Shenzhen from HK? Thanks for sharing.

13 hours ago, gpfun said:

As China has yet to grant visa-free travel for Singapore passports, anyone know if visiting Shenzhen via HK and back is okay without China visa? I heard that there is a 144hr transit visa. Can we use this to enter Shenzhen from HK? Thanks for sharing.

I thought the 144 hr transit visa is for those flying into Beijing or Shanghai only?

I have not heard of that visa being granted for entry into Shenzhen from HK. 

Here's an update about some spas in Shenzhen as of April 2023.

General Notes

- it seems that there are no longer any shuttle buses from Luohu/Lo Wu border to the spas. At least, I couldn't find them - I checked the parking garage area they were in before, but it's changed. Maybe someone else can check and share more accurate info. 

XJMZ

- still in operation, seems like most everything is normal

- male therapists can do oil body massage. I'm not 100% sure if all of them can, however the therapists who are not in the foot massage/lobby area can give massages upstairs. 

- prices are pretty similar to previous years. I tipped 150 RMB (for a sensual massage) and the therapist seemed happy with it.

- Therapist #8816 was good and has very strong hands for body massage. 

- note that you may not be able to pay with a foreign credit card here (such as Visa or MasterCard). I could only use cash or Union Pay. You can of course use WeChat Pay or AliPay. 

- I didn't have a back scrub here, so I don't know if Mei Sifu is still there. Someone is in that scrub room, however I didn't see who it was. 

XJMZ photos

xjmz-ch.thumb.jpg.f09a1c0ea6566d2f5f1522ac7a7b7c8c.jpg

xjmz-en.thumb.jpg.4f2ac89ae50c9d701ff9afd334f894df.jpg

xjmz-ch2.thumb.jpg.4b55a4fc832e541ad5e860adc52df683.jpg

xjmz-en2.thumb.jpg.1f3201553d3242b2b9dac0c9f3577424.jpg

JBC

- still in operation, pretty much the same as before

- prices are similar to previous years

- be prepared to be hounded by the Chinese Medicine therapists (the ones in white coats). They keep coming by to ask if you want them to massage you. I know it's their job and they need the income, but it does get bothersome when they just won't stop. I suggest to make your decision quickly so it's clear what your plan is and which therapists will be assigned to you.

- therapist #568 does a very good job at foot massage and also oil body massage. He's very professional and strong. He didn't offer any special services, and I didn't ask. He is a great choice if you want a quality massage from a kind and professional person. I gave him a 120 RMB tip for a 2hr massage. I asked him how much money JBC pays him when I book a massage - they pay him just about 13 RMB, so he really relies on tips. I appreciated his candidness and felt comfortable giving him 120 RMB. He was grateful and did not push for more.

- I've also had good massages (foot and oil body) from therapist #513. I haven't tried him since the border reopened, but I know he still works at JBC. 

- Chinese Medical therapists (in white coats) cost more, but offer more services. On different occasions, #777 and #798 gave very good massages, including specials. I've visited #777 more often and he is consistently good. #798 has a unique massage style I enjoyed (mostly because it was different from others - you start facing up with Chinese accupressure style massage, then turn over at various points. It helped break up an monotony of lying on a table for 1hr 40mins.)

- in the changing room, I recommend a scrub from #826. He's my favorite scrubber so far (I personally think his scrub is better than at XJMZ). He is very thorough and seems to really care about the quality of the scrub, including soaping you up, scrubbing, and some basic massaging. I think it's really good. I usually tip 50 or 60 RMB. I've never been offered or asked for a "special" scrub here. It's so good it doesn't need anything extra, I think. 

- note that you may not be able to pay with a foreign credit card here (such as Visa or MasterCard). I could only use cash or Union Pay. You can of course use WeChat Pay or AliPay. 

JBC photos

jbc-ch.thumb.jpg.4e8c721133bf903ab723bb141149af1d.jpg

jbc-en.thumb.jpg.e43da4fe270ac8716b0f412e39ccc443.jpg

jbc-photo.thumb.jpg.c66bb9c2d7840165dd022625b3210fbb.jpg

jbc-photo2.thumb.jpg.0d17bc093a3b9bc917c5d688a9b3a515.jpg

YMZ

- I went here for my first time ever - April 2023. I have to guess that it was much better in the past, because it was a real let down this time, in my opinion. The place is almost empty (I was there on a weekday evening, though, so it could be busy during other times). The sauna and steam room were off. The attendant spent most of his time scrubbing the toilets (which is good for clean toilets, but made the area smell like, well... toilets. Not very pleasant.)

- I was disappointed to find that there is no price list sheet available for view. I kept asking (via Google Translate) for a price list, and they said there isn't one. This made me apprehensive that the prices they were quoting for massage were made up just because I'm a foreigner. In reality the price was standard - 138 RMB for 90 min oil body massage - however I think it's acceptable for a guest to expect to see a printed price list. Every other spa I've been to has published prices.

- in the massage room, the setup was normal, except it didn't help my disappointment any when the therapist used tissues to line the face hole on the table (as opposed to an actual towel).

- I had the male therapist #321 (assigned to me - I didn't get to pick), and I felt that he was not very good. His style was ok-la, but very mechanical and not very relaxing (especially the excessive use of elbows on my back). It was really unenjoyable when he kept using his phone with one hand and massaging with the other hand - this is a huge pet peave of mine (we pay for therapists to be fully present and using both hands, right? I don't think it's asking too much for them to dedicate the 90 mins to the paying customer. Maybe a short water/bathroom/phone break, yes, but not using the phone anytime he receives a text and it buzzes on the massage table next to my body). He offered special services, but after a few min of it, I called it off and just wanted to continue with regular massage. In the end, he wanted a 200 RMB tip for a poor quality massage, but I told him the manager had told me that the tip would be 100 RMB, so he accepted it. Also, I kept track of the massage time on my phone - which helped me later when he said "the massage is almost finished" and I could show him that we still had 20 minutes left. I know that keeping track of the time may seem excessive, but when done appropriately I think it's fair. I want what I'm paying for. Maybe if you try him the overall experience will be better than mine? I hope so. For the time being, I have no plans to return to YMZ. 

- Interestingly, there is a published price list outside the venue. I didn't notice this until I left. 

YMZ photos

ymz-ch.thumb.jpg.4760a1ab8cee4f441673c3001382b25c.jpg

ymz-en.thumb.jpg.cc5e8d4b1e3a67a2a172702441f4d096.jpg

Queen Spa

- they are still open and pretty much back to normal. There aren't as many staff it seems, but still enough.

- the food and drink options have improved, and they nicely renovated the common area. It's designed for gamers and people who like statues of animated characters (like manga perhaps). 

- prices are notably higher than the other spas above. They do accept credit cards.

- their hot and cold pools, etc are all open and operating.

- although I didn't find a shuttle to Queen Spa, they do provide a free private car ride to the border control area

Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 3:54 PM, hkxpt said:

Here's an update about some spas in Shenzhen as of April 2023.

General Notes

- it seems that there are no longer any shuttle buses from Luohu/Lo Wu border to the spas. At least, I couldn't find them - I checked the parking garage area they were in before, but it's changed. Maybe someone else can check and share more accurate info. 

XJMZ

- still in operation, seems like most everything is normal

- male therapists can do oil body massage. I'm not 100% sure if all of them can, however the therapists who are not in the foot massage/lobby area can give massages upstairs. 

- prices are pretty similar to previous years. I tipped 150 RMB (for a sensual massage) and the therapist seemed happy with it.

- Therapist #8816 was good and has very strong hands for body massage. 

- I didn't have a back scrub here, so I don't know if Mei Sifu is still there. Someone is in that scrub room, however I didn't see who it was. 

XJMZ photos

xjmz-ch.thumb.jpg.f09a1c0ea6566d2f5f1522ac7a7b7c8c.jpg

xjmz-en.thumb.jpg.4f2ac89ae50c9d701ff9afd334f894df.jpg

xjmz-ch2.thumb.jpg.4b55a4fc832e541ad5e860adc52df683.jpg

xjmz-en2.thumb.jpg.1f3201553d3242b2b9dac0c9f3577424.jpg

JBC

- still in operation, pretty much the same as before

- prices are similar to previous years

- be prepared to be hounded by the Chinese Medicine therapists (the ones in white coats). They keep coming by to ask if you want them to massage you. I know it's their job and they need the income, but it does get bothersome when they just won't stop. I suggest to make your decision quickly so it's clear what your plan is and which therapists will be assigned to you.

- therapist #568 does a very good job at foot massage and also oil body massage. He's very professional and strong. He didn't offer any special services, and I didn't ask. He is a great choice if you want a quality massage from a kind and professional person. I gave him a 120 RMB tip for a 2hr massage. I asked him how much money JBC pays him when I book a massage - they pay him just about 13 RMB, so he really relies on tips. I appreciated his candidness and felt comfortable giving him 120 RMB. He was grateful and did not push for more.

- I've also had good massages (foot and oil body) from therapist #513. I haven't tried him since the border reopened, but I know he still works at JBC. 

- Chinese Medical therapists (in white coats) cost more, but offer more services. On different occasions, #777 and #798 gave very good massages, including specials. I've visited #777 more often and he is consistently good. #798 has a unique massage style I enjoyed (mostly because it was different from others - you start facing up with Chinese accupressure style massage, then turn over at various points. It helped break up an monotony of lying on a table for 1hr 40mins.)

- in the changing room, I recommend a scrub from #826. He's my favorite scrubber so far (I personally think his scrub is better than at XJMZ). He is very thorough and seems to really care about the quality of the scrub, including soaping you up, scrubbing, and some basic massaging. I think it's really good. I usually tip 50 or 60 RMB. I've never been offered or asked for a "special" scrub here. It's so good it doesn't need anything extra, I think. 

JBC photos

jbc-ch.thumb.jpg.4e8c721133bf903ab723bb141149af1d.jpg

jbc-en.thumb.jpg.e43da4fe270ac8716b0f412e39ccc443.jpg

jbc-photo.thumb.jpg.c66bb9c2d7840165dd022625b3210fbb.jpg

jbc-photo2.thumb.jpg.0d17bc093a3b9bc917c5d688a9b3a515.jpg

YMZ

- I went here for my first time ever - April 2023. I have to guess that it was much better in the past, because it was a real let down this time, in my opinion. The place is almost empty (I was there on a weekday evening, though, so it could be busy during other times). The sauna and steam room were off. The attendant spent most of his time scrubbing the toilets (which is good for clean toilets, but made the area smell like, well... toilets. Not very pleasant.)

- I was disappointed to find that there is no price list sheet available for view. I kept asking (via Google Translate) for a price list, and they said there isn't one. This made me apprehensive that the prices they were quoting for massage were made up just because I'm a foreigner. In reality the price was standard - 138 RMB for 90 min oil body massage - however I think it's acceptable for a guest to expect to see a printed price list. Every other spa I've been to has published prices.

- in the massage room, the setup was normal, except it didn't help my disappointment any when the therapist used tissues to line the face hole on the table (as opposed to an actual towel).

- I had the male therapist #321 (assigned to me - I didn't get to pick), and I felt that he was not very good. His style was ok-la, but very mechanical and not very relaxing (especially the excessive use of elbows on my back). It was really unenjoyable when he kept using his phone with one hand and massaging with the other hand - this is a huge pet peave of mine (we pay for therapists to be fully present and using both hands, right? I don't think it's asking too much for them to dedicate the 90 mins to the paying customer. Maybe a short water/bathroom/phone break, yes, but not using the phone anytime he receives a text and it buzzes on the massage table next to my body). He offered special services, but after a few min of it, I called it off and just wanted to continue with regular massage. In the end, he wanted a 200 RMB tip for a poor quality massage, but I told him the manager had told me that the tip would be 100 RMB, so he accepted it. Also, I kept track of the massage time on my phone - which helped me later when he said "the massage is almost finished" and I could show him that we still had 20 minutes left. I know that keeping track of the time may seem excessive, but when done appropriately I think it's fair. I want what I'm paying for. Maybe if you try him the overall experience will be better than mine? I hope so. For the time being, I have no plans to return to YMZ. 

- Interestingly, there is a published price list outside the venue. I didn't notice this until I left. 

YMZ photos

ymz-ch.thumb.jpg.4760a1ab8cee4f441673c3001382b25c.jpg

ymz-en.thumb.jpg.cc5e8d4b1e3a67a2a172702441f4d096.jpg

Queen Spa

- they are still open and pretty much back to normal. There aren't as many staff it seems, but still enough.

- the food and drink options have improved, and they nicely renovated the common area. It's designed for gamers and people who like statues of animated characters (like manga perhaps). 

- prices are notably higher than the other spas above. They do accept credit cards.

- their hot and cold pools, etc are all open and operating.

- although I didn't find a shuttle to Queen Spa, they do provide a free private car ride to the border control area

Cheers! 

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I will go shenzhen in 2 weeks time. 

• 2 months later...

After first stepping foot on Shenzhen's massage scene and sharing my experiences here in 2009, I have out-grown my user name which I cannot seem to amend to sixtysomething (haha). It's a way to remain young I suppose. To borrow a famous quote by a renowned evangelist, if you believe right, you live right! It's all in the mind.

China 15 days visa free entry policy for Singapore passport holders have been reinstated on 26 July 2023. so it's time to revisit some of my old haunts and see what's the latest.

The Entry Process

Entering from HK Lowu port, you need to scan the Health Declaration QR code and fill up the digital form. The QR code can be found on many floor standing banners (HK people call them Mistress Banner - 二奶架) which lined both sides of the Lowu station before you exit the station gates and before you head to immigration. The banners offer QR codes for Wechat, Alipay and other scanning apps. I chose Wechat, which saved my information in the app so next time I scan, I do not need to repeat most of the information. After submitting the info on my phone, a QR code appeared on my phone. Screen capture the QR code to be used for passing through the declaration gates in Shenzhen side. The QR code said it is valid for 24 hours and one time only. I am not sure if you can reuse it when returnng on the same day via Lowu or other Shenzhen ports. 

After exiting HK immigration, on the Lowu bridge, there are gates with scanners to scan the Health Declaration QR codes. The process was quite smooth and fast for me. Scanned my screen captured QR code and the gates open for me to pass through, just like in MRT stations. But I did notice that there were people who were stuck at the gates. I am not sure what problems they had. There was also a manual queue, which was quite messy with long queue, so try to avoid that. 

After the scanning gates, follow the crowd and head towards the arrival hall. When reaching the hall, things get a little confusing. Look for the "Foreigners" sign, which is on the far left, or ask some uniformed staff. If the hall is crowded, you may not be able to see the sign. You also need to get an arrival form from one of the staff who stands near the "Foreigners" queue. I don't know why they don't just leave the forms on the desks for foreigners to help themselves but prefer to have an officer handing out the forms. The forms are no longer the yellow forms in the past. They are now blue in colour and required different information so for those of you who kept some of the yellow form from the past, they are no longer valid at Shenzhen ports. It could take awhile to clear immigration. For me, it was more than 30 minutes.    

After immigration, you will need to get through customs. On that day, there were 3 customs queue and was fortunately moving quite fast. 

The Exploration of Massage Shops

嘉寳城 (JBC) is still open at the usual place. But I have decided to visit next trip.

For my first trip after 3 years, I would like to call on 香江明珠 (XJMZ). For those who visited this place before, their car pick up point is no longer in the car park which looks like it is under renovation. The pick up point is now just outside the car park at the entrance of the car park. There is an attendant there wearing a t-shirt with XJMZ Chinese name on it. just let him know that you would like to head for XJMZ and he will arrange for the van to pick up. I am not sure if there will be ladies attendant at other times, so just look for the t-shirt with the name of the shop.

At XJMZ, the entrance looked similar as before. If you leave before 9 pm, there is a package of RMB 99 for 2 hours 中式 + 2 大堂項目 service at lobby area (eg foot massage). Minimum tips is RMB50 for each lobby service and RMB 80 for 中式. There is also 10% service charge on the RMB 99. So the total is RMB 99 + 10% + RMB 50 + RMB 50 + RMB 80 = RMB 288 (if you pay only minimum tips). I did only 1 lobby service, so I only paid RMB 50 for lobby item tips. If I had done 中式, my costs for that day would have been RMB238 for 3 hours massage.

But I went for the oil massage, which is RMB 168. Minimum tips for oil massage is RMB 100.

There is no photo on the computer to choose sifu. During my foot massage, I did not see any familiar sifu. But I did see a small bear (similar body size as the previous 968) but I did not ask for his number. There was also a bigger male masseur, (similar body size as the previous 梅師傅 Mei Sifu)but much younger of course, I think about 30+. There seems to be more lady sifu in the lobby that day.

Oil massage can be done by the male foot masseur but since I did not know anyone, I just leave it to the reception to arrange. They arranged a 美容師 beautician which is not my preference but I accepted anyway. He was 8813. He is stocky built. He was in XJMZ before, so some of you may have seen him and maybe also tried his skills. The massage skill was OK, and he is quite chatty. He said that XJMZ can be quite crowded on weekends, sometimes clients have to wait to get a seat in the foot massage lobby. 

The second hand cigarette smell in the foot massage lobby is very bad that day. And the buffet dinner runs out very quickly. The kitchen refuse to replenish saying that they are too busy. I made a complain to the manager when I was leaving and he said he will report to management.

I did not see or ask if they have body scrub service. I tipped the changing room attendants RMB 10.

I paid at the reception in cash. 

Heading back to HK

I took the van back to the immigration building and was dropped off at the same pick up point outside the car park. Before heading back to HK, I did look around the Transport City, just outisde the immigration building. Most of the shops looked same as before, but the entire place looked quiet without much people on a Friday night. I had dinner at Fairwood, which was slightly cheaper than Fairwood HK. They also accept cash and I paid them exact change of $40.90, counting the 90 cents in front of them. 

Before reaching immigration, I had to scan the Health Declaration QR Code again. As I was not sure if the earlier code will be rejected, I dutifully scan wtih my Wechat. All the information that I filled in earlier were there and I only had to click the submit button and screen capture the resulting QR Code. At the health clearation gates however, there was only serveral rows of computers and scanners placed on table for people to scan their Health Declaration. There were no gates and it was just a passage. I just follow people and scan my phone but there were no indication whether my code was accepted or rejected. I hesitated for a while and then decided that I should just walk through. At the end of the passage, there were gates (similar to MRT ticketing gates) but they were not barricaded and people just waslk through. It seems the health check for exiting people were quite relax.

When I arrive at the immigration departure hall, it was again very confusing wit no visible signs for foreigners. I had to ask and was then directed to a row number. The officer was actually attending to someone else when I saw him, so I had to wait for a few minutes before I could ask him for directions. Nevertheless, he was friendly and courteous and replied in Cantonese even though I asked him in Mandarin.

Will have other updates when I visit other shops next time.

On 7/29/2023 at 6:29 PM, fortysumthing said:

After first stepping foot on Shenzhen's massage scene and sharing my experiences here in 2009, I have out-grown my user name which I cannot seem to amend to sixtysomething (haha). It's a way to remain young I suppose. To borrow a famous quote by a renowned evangelist, if you believe right, you live right! It's all in the mind.

Hello again fortysamseng .. I mean fortysumthing! :)

Good to read your posting, hope you are very well - have not read one of your postings for ages and as usual, many thanks for again a very informative post. Thanks also for your very informative posts through the years - they have been very insightful and really helped with my first and then subsequent visits to Shenzhen. Must invite you out for a meal when I next visit Shenzhen/Hong Kong and till then, take care, keep healthy and keep posting!

20 hours ago, Guest Gast said:

Hello again fortysamseng .. I mean fortysumthing! :)

Good to read your posting, hope you are very well - have not read one of your postings for ages and as usual, many thanks for again a very informative post. Thanks also for your very informative posts through the years - they have been very insightful and really helped with my first and then subsequent visits to Shenzhen. Must invite you out for a meal when I next visit Shenzhen/Hong Kong and till then, take care, keep healthy and keep posting!

Glad you found my posts helpful. It made me felt so used, ... I mean useful.

In the earlier years of my posts, I got to know some of the members here who reached out to me during their trips to HK/Shenzhen. Thanks to Whatsapp, I am still in regular contact with a handful of them. Would certainly look forward to catching with you in person one day and instead of Alibaba and his 40 thieves, we shall be Gast and The 40sumseng.

On 8/1/2023 at 11:01 AM, fortysumthing said:

Glad you found my posts helpful. It made me felt so used, ... I mean useful.

In the earlier years of my posts, I got to know some of the members here who reached out to me during their trips to HK/Shenzhen. Thanks to Whatsapp, I am still in regular contact with a handful of them. Would certainly look forward to catching with you in person one day and instead of Alibaba and his 40 thieves, we shall be Gast and The 40sumseng.

I have always appreciated your enlightening posts and updates.

However, I think this is the first time I observed the humourous side of you.  I like you even more now! 😘

Guest 老猪哥
On 7/29/2023 at 2:29 PM, fortysumthing said:

China 15 days visa free entry policy for Singapore passport holders have been reinstated on 26 July 2023. so it's time to revisit some of my old haunts and see what's the latest.

The Entry Process

Entering from HK Lowu port, you need to scan the Health Declaration QR code and fill up the digital form. The QR code can be found on many floor standing banners (HK people call them Mistress Banner - 二奶架) which lined both sides of the Lowu station before you exit the station gates and before you head to immigration. The banners offer QR codes for Wechat, Alipay and other scanning apps. I chose Wechat, which saved my information in the app so next time I scan, I do not need to repeat most of the information. After submitting the info on my phone, a QR code appeared on my phone. Screen capture the QR code to be used for passing through the declaration gates in Shenzhen side. The QR code said it is valid for 24 hours and one time only. I am not sure if you can reuse it when returnng on the same day via Lowu or other Shenzhen ports. 

After exiting HK immigration, on the Lowu bridge, there are gates with scanners to scan the Health Declaration QR codes. The process was quite smooth and fast for me. Scanned my screen captured QR code and the gates open for me to pass through, just like in MRT stations. But I did notice that there were people who were stuck at the gates. I am not sure what problems they had. There was also a manual queue, which was quite messy with long queue, so try to avoid that. 

After the scanning gates, follow the crowd and head towards the arrival hall. When reaching the hall, things get a little confusing. Look for the "Foreigners" sign, which is on the far left, or ask some uniformed staff. If the hall is crowded, you may not be able to see the sign. You also need to get an arrival form from one of the staff who stands near the "Foreigners" queue. I don't know why they don't just leave the forms on the desks for foreigners to help themselves but prefer to have an officer handing out the forms. The forms are no longer the yellow forms in the past. They are now blue in colour and required different information so for those of you who kept some of the yellow form from the past, they are no longer valid at Shenzhen ports. It could take awhile to clear immigration. For me, it was more than 30 minutes.    

After immigration, you will need to get through customs. On that day, there were 3 customs queue and was fortunately moving quite fast. 

嘉寳城 (JBC) is still open at the usual place. But I have decided to visit next trip.

For my first trip after 3 years, I would like to call on 香江明珠 (XJMZ). For those who visited this place before, their car pick up point is no longer in the car park which looks like it is under renovation. The pick up point is now just outside the car park at the entrance of the car park. There is an attendant there wearing a t-shirt with XJMZ Chinese name on it. just let him know that you would like to head for XJMZ and he will arrange for the van to pick up. I am not sure if there will be ladies attendant at other times, so just look for the t-shirt with the name of the shop.

At XJMZ, the entrance looked similar as before. If you leave before 9 pm, there is a package of RMB 99 for 2 hours 中式 + 2 大堂項目 service at lobby area (eg foot massage). Minimum tips is RMB50 for each lobby service and RMB 80 for 中式. There is also 10% service charge on the RMB 99. So the total is RMB 99 + 10% + RMB 50 + RMB 50 + RMB 80 = RMB 288 (if you pay only minimum tips). I did only 1 lobby service, so I only paid RMB 50 for lobby item tips. If I had done 中式, my costs for that day would have been RMB238 for 3 hours massage.

But I went for the oil massage, which is RMB 168. Minimum tips for oil massage is RMB 100.

There is no photo on the computer to choose sifu. During my foot massage, I did not see any familiar sifu. But I did see a small bear (similar body size as the previous 968) but I did not ask for his number. There was also a bigger male masseur, (similar body size as the previous 梅師傅 Mei Sifu)but much younger of course, I think about 30+. There seems to be more lady sifu in the lobby that day.

Oil massage can be done by the male foot masseur but since I did not know anyone, I just leave it to the reception to arrange. They arranged a 美容師 beautician which is not my preference but I accepted anyway. He was 8813. He is stocky built. He was in XJMZ before, so some of you may have seen him and maybe also tried his skills. The massage skill was OK, and he is quite chatty. He said that XJMZ can be quite crowded on weekends, sometimes clients have to wait to get a seat in the foot massage lobby. 

The second hand cigarette smell in the foot massage lobby is very bad that day. And the buffet dinner runs out very quickly. The kitchen refuse to replenish saying that they are too busy. I made a complain to the manager when I was leaving and he said he will report to management.

I did not see or ask if they have body scrub service. I tipped the changing room attendants RMB 10.

Heading back to HK

I took the van back to the immigration building and was dropped off at the same pick up point outside the car park. Before heading back to HK, I did look around the Transport City, just outisde the immigration building. Most of the shops looked same as before, but the entire place looked quiet without much people on a Friday night. I had dinner at Fairwood, which was slightly cheaper than Fairwood HK. They also accept cash and I paid them exact change of $40.90, counting the 90 cents in front of them. 

Before reaching immigration, I had to scan the Health Declaration QR Code again. As I was not sure if the earlier code will be rejected, I dutifully scan wtih my Wechat. All the information that I filled in earlier were there and I only had to click the submit button and screen capture the resulting QR Code. At the health clearation gates however, there was only serveral rows of computers and scanners placed on table for people to scan their Health Declaration. There were no gates and it was just a passage. I just follow people and scan my phone but there were no indication whether my code was accepted or rejected. I hesitated for a while and then decided that I should just walk through. At the end of the passage, there were gates (similar to MRT ticketing gates) but they were not barricaded and people just waslk through. It seems the health check for exiting people were quite relax.

When I arrive at the immigration departure hall, it was again very confusing wit no visible signs for foreigners. I had to ask and was then directed to a row number. The officer was actually attending to someone else when I saw him, so I had to wait for a few minutes before I could ask him for directions. Nevertheless, he was friendly and courteous and replied in Cantonese even though I asked him in Mandarin.

Wow how time flies,

for me I got to know about the Shenzhen gay scene from HK Toilet wall forum about 2009. To me, that's the golden era before they started to 严打 when Winnie took over in early 2013.

Anything goes. Sex, massage, accommodation, food all very very cheap. I'll simply stay in a massage centre instead of hotel. Good food, get pampered like a king in those new luxurious saunas then fucked like a whore every night.

The scene is so new and so many 南飘 from 东北大汉. They are also new to the scene too and very eager to fuck me, free sex and easy money. Of course they claimed not to be gay but use me for practice like how, where I like to be teased and fucked. Literally used me for target practice all the different karma sutra positions.

Then there's 阳刚,龙弄,荔枝园

At that time the police close one eye and I can literally get fucked openly outside the 荔枝园 toilet. And I'm not the only one! Lots of 东北大汉 looking to release and they are not shy.

Then times changed slowly

The 师傅 got street wise, looking more for tips than enjoying sex( when it was new and secretive, only a few gays like me freely offered to be fucked hence the 师傅 were eager, later more gays came and they began to ask for more tips)

Yeah, I'm guilty of posting on hk toilet wall about it. Which 师傅 which number, their bodies, their cocks and how they perform fucking me.

Those early days, I can literally get fucked so loudly, the captain even teased me like 劏鸡杀鸭 床板响。 Then next year , they had to add those peeking windows to prevent sex. Still it's close one eye only. I still get fucked freely and anybody could watch. Literally even one customer barged in for a sloppy 2nd.

Then they got serious and still the captain will choose the last few rooms specially for us to get naughty.

Slowly slowly the scene deteriorates till by 2013, I got caught in a raid. This time it's serious. Me and a few who got caught literally with cocks in our butts were brought to the examination room for anal checks and recorded as 嫖娼淫虫 鸡奸检验有淫液在肛门.

The police purposely let the manager and me see the report. But they didn't know I'm not local. Just that they were hinting what the manger and me need to do. I'm already shaking because on toilet wall forum, they said those caught on records will be stamped "嫖娼淫虫" in our passports.

Fortunately, the saunas at that time were still raking in lots of money and don't mind paying to keep going. That settles it.

However after 2013, even money can't settle anymore and I avoided going anymore.

Gosh, it's 10years already.

Really, up till now, even Bangkok was no match for the free wheeling debauchery of those early years. 

Gosh I recalled getting fucked 3x a day till I got so sore but no worry. I'll book a 中医师 for anal caring. Those early days, 中医师 are real Chinese sinsehs mostly 40++

I was shameless watching them applying a white lotion and massage on my swollen ass lips.

It eased the soreness and it really worked. Of course they won't tell me what the white lotion was.  Later, I discovered on the tiny label it's 云南白药, used by the army as a secret medication for curing knife wounds and body injuries.

And in those free wheeling days, when some中医师 started undressing, I'm flattered to think they're steamed enough to want to fuck me. I freely obliged and they get more tips. They were more experienced than the new and green masseurs and some days I had 2, one morning one evening. They really know the male bottom's sensitive points more than most tops would. One would even hang me over the bed and keep me stimulated for more than an hour near almost ejaculation. Part ass massage, part fuck, part 摄护腺护理

Wow how time flies,

for me I got to know about the Shenzhen gay scene from HK Toilet wall forum about 2009. To me, that's the golden era before they started to 严打 when Winnie took over in early 2013.

Anything goes. Sex, massage, accommodation, food all very very cheap. I'll simply stay in a massage centre instead of hotel. Good food, get pampered like a king in those new luxurious saunas then fucked like a whore every night.

The scene is so new and so many 南飘 from 东北大汉. They are also new to the scene too and very eager to fuck me, free sex and easy money. Of course they claimed not to be gay but use me for practice like how, where I like to be teased and fucked. Literally used me for target practice all the different karma sutra positions.

Then there's 阳刚,龙弄,荔枝园

At that time the police close one eye and I can literally get fucked openly outside the 荔枝园 toilet. And I'm not the only one! Lots of 东北大汉 looking to release and they are not shy.

Then times changed slowly

The 师傅 got street wise, looking more for tips than enjoying sex( when it was new and secretive, only a few gays like me freely offered to be fucked hence the 师傅 were eager, later more gays came and they began to ask for more tips)

Yeah, I'm guilty of posting on hk toilet wall about it. Which 师傅 which number, their bodies, their cocks and how they perform fucking me.

Those early days, I can literally get fucked so loudly, the captain even teased me like 劏鸡杀鸭 床板响。 Then next year , they had to add those peeking windows to prevent sex. Still it's close one eye only. I still get fucked freely and anybody could watch. Literally even one customer barged in for a sloppy 2nd.

Then they got serious and still the captain will choose the last few rooms specially for us to get naughty.

Slowly slowly the scene deteriorates till by 2013, I got caught in a raid. This time it's serious. Me and a few who got caught literally with cocks in our butts were brought to the examination room for anal checks and recorded as 嫖娼淫虫 鸡奸检验有淫液在肛门.

The police purposely let the manager and me see the report. But they didn't know I'm not local. Just that they were hinting what the manger and me need to do. I'm already shaking because on toilet wall forum, they said those caught on records will be stamped "嫖娼淫虫" in our passports.

Fortunately, the saunas at that time were still raking in lots of money and don't mind paying to keep going. That settles it.

However after 2013, even money can't settle anymore and I avoided going anymore.

Gosh, it's 10years already.

Really, up till now, even Bangkok was no match for the free wheeling debauchery of those early years. 

Gosh I recalled getting fucked 3x a day till I got so sore but no worry. I'll book a 中医师 for anal caring. Those early days, 中医师 are real Chinese sinsehs mostly 40++

I was shameless watching them applying a white lotion and massage on my swollen ass lips.

It eased the soreness and it really worked. Of course they won't tell me what the white lotion was.  Later, I discovered on the tiny label it's 云南白药, used by the army as a secret medication for curing knife wounds and body injuries.

And in those free wheeling days, when some中医师 started undressing, I'm flattered to think they're steamed enough to want to fuck me. I freely obliged and they get more tips. They were more experienced than the new and green masseurs and some days I had 2, one morning one evening. They really know the male bottom's sensitive points more than most tops would. One would even hang me over the bed and keep me stimulated for more than an hour near almost ejaculation. Part ass massage, part fuck, part 摄护腺护理

Wow! that's a lot of adventures and experiences that you shared Old Brother Pig! thanks.

While I guessed those activities you described existed (not just for PLU but also for those slutty aunties from HK), I never got to read first hand experiences in such details. So it seems those cu*ts and you were sharing the same sausages! If you have shared your experiences back in pre-Winnie's days, I might have my passport stamped as well (hahahaa) for attempting to do the same. But actually, I was not that adventurous, quite timid actually Still am.  So I would have just drooled while imagining what happened. Were you deported after your passport got stamped? Now that you would have renewed your passport, you should be able to travel there again?

Yes, 阳刚,龙弄,荔枝园 were eye openers for me. Nothing in BKK, HK, SG and Taiwan would provide scenes like that. I have only witness similar openess in Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing and other Chinese cities. But their hygiene conditions did put me off. I was happy just to be a voyeur than participant, just like in the bars. Incidentally,  I was told the bars are still pretty happening. If you have the money, they have the bodies, I mean the entertainment.

Glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy those days when things were cheaper and more affordable and the RMB could stretch over more sausages than now. You lived true to the adage 人不風流枉少年. Hope you will have many more episodes of Shenzhen experiences to share (past, current and future) and don't leave out any details ....  

Edited by fortysumthing

Guest 老猪哥

Wow! that's a lot of adventures and experiences that you shared Old Brother Pig! thanks.

While I guessed those activities you described existed (not just for PLU but also for those slutty aunties from HK), I never got to read first hand experiences in such details. So it seems those cu*ts and you were sharing the same sausages! If you have shared your experiences back in pre-Winnie's days, I might have my passport stamped as well (hahahaa) for attempting to do the same. But actually, I was not that adventurous, quite timid actually Still am.  So I would have just drooled while imagining what happened. Were you deported after your passport got stamped? Now that you would have renewed your passport, you should be able to travel there again?

Yes, 阳刚,龙弄,荔枝园 were eye openers for me. Nothing in BKK, HK, SG and Taiwan would provide scenes like that. I have only witness similar openess in Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing and other Chinese cities. But their hygiene conditions did put me off. I was happy just to be a voyeur than participant, just like in the bars. Incidentally,  I was told the bars are still pretty happening. If you have the money, they have the bodies, I mean the entertainment.

Glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy those days when things were cheaper and more affordable and the RMB could stretch over more sausages than now. You lived true to the adage 人不風流枉少年. Hope you will have many more episodes of Shenzhen experiences to share (past, current and future) and don't leave out any details ....  

How right you are

人不風流枉少年

过了这个村没这个店

Time and tide waits for no man

Those days of wanton debauchery will never return as long as Winnie is closing up China.

Very glad I caught the last train before it's all over.

In the end they did not stamp my passport lol because the boss paid and I heard he too was well connected. But Winnie came to power with his own people and these older powers lost the fight.

I heard that those aunties from hk were not that easy to service. They usually come as a gang looking for cheap massage not cheap sex. The 技师 have to be careful else they'll cry molest. Anyway most of the aunties call for female masseuses for whole body massage.

Male masseurs were originally not that popular then until HK Toilet wall forum posted which 技师 which number what services.

Then the whole gay massage scene suddenly exploded. They started bringing in 东北虎 to service us hungry gays.

It's so cheap and so explicit. I book 3 hours, I'm surprised they serviced 3 hours because they're quite strong.

Initially they were not that open about sex. Just tease tease slowly until I'm wet then they dare to strip naked to fuck me.

Few months later, no more need to be coy about it. Male asking for male masseur obvious. Straight away bend me over the table and bang away. So I'll order only 2 hours instead.

Even then I felt that they really enjoyed the sex and not just a job. Only after a few years later then the sex become too commercialised and bargaining for tips even before sex.

The whole place is very open about sex. Most men looking for female masseuses, most aunties too. 

I'm getting fucked loudly and right next door the masseuse was fucked like me. 

Like the 技师said, "管他是男还是女"

Then there's 梅师傅 back scrub. 一次生两次熟

Every Time I'll let him scrub and he'll use the soothing warm water to massage and clean my sore ass.

Then I'll go and book 中医师 for 摄护腺护理

Again, 一次生两次熟 

At first very proper ass massage and soothing medical cream. Later on I can see his cock poking at his white uniform. I smile at him, he smile at me. He gets naked, I open my legs.

After it's over, his excuse, "男人天生会打洞"

Slowly slowly, even the 中医师也下海

Then slowly more 严打 more rules.

Till one day I got caught. The party is over.

Even 阳刚tried to reopen and failed. I heard 阳刚 has iron connections and still cannot fight.

I've been to 东莞 before. It's straight men heaven. Now it's like a desert. Factories closed, hotels closed, jobless.

Would you believe it, there's those touts at the hotels soliciting for the massage joints. I teased one of them that I liked him I'll pay him for sex instead.

He was angry because he thought I want to fuck him. I laughed but did not explain.

The next day, I smiled at him and he smiled back!

Oh, I think he checked with his friends and found out what I meant. 

I wanted to bring him to my hotel room but he refused because the hotel counter know him well.

Ended up he brought me to his dirty factory dorm room and 3p with his friend who taught him what I meant.

Oh bro, it's like his friend 1st time brought him to a gay brothel and taught him how to fuck a man.

Check the hole clean or not

Lube the hole

Press the 大奶,

poke (no condom because dorm don't allow sex)

If you know how fuck a girl, same fuck a man.

It was great sex but that bastard friend extorted me a few hundred dollars. Not a lot of money but the way he turned nasty and wanted to rape me made me scared. He's going to call the 公安on me. They thought I'm from hk and rich.

Come to think about it, I should have paid less and let them rape me again. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

The Entry Process

Heading back to HK

Correction to the above post

Sifu photos are available on the computer. I noticed from the computer that about 30% - 40% of the male sifu are former sifu in XJMZ.  These included 901 and 968. Surprisingly, I did not notice any face that would tease my imagination. Maybe the photos are not well taken. 

New updates

There is a body scrub at XJMZ. He used to be a masseur in the past. He is middle-aged, not slim body, but not fat either. Shorter than the former Mei sifu but very white smooth skin.

If you would like to have their free buffet dinner, please note that dinner is served at 18:30 and be early because the queue starts before the food arrive. And most of the food trays are empty in 20 minutes. I think they are supposed to refill the trays but not sure if they did.

I was there on a Tuesday afternoon. While it was not crowded, most of the clients are chubs or meaty and middle age. Quite a sight for sore eyes in the changing and shower room. But did not manage to make any eye contacts, although some do not appear to be straights.

I did notice a couple of meaty to chub sifu in the foot massage lounge of which at least one was previously with XJMZ. Looked nice from far. Maybe will see if he is indeed nice from near next trip. 

I was assigned a foot masseur who was previously with XJMZ but I recalled that he was not the teasing type and seems he did not change. Hardly any conversation during the foot massage so I just left it as it is. Paid him a RMB 60 tips. For body massage, I opted for Chinese massage, and was assigned 921. Slim chap of about 30+. Very strong massage and very thorough going through every inch of my muscles for the entire 2 hours. If you like strong massage, I would recommend him. Not sure if I was imagining things but felt that he was trying to tease me when massaging my inner thighs. As he was not my type, I did not respond. Paid him a RMB 100 tips. The 3 hours session cost me RMB 268, including the two tips.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Jia Bao Cheng (JBC) last week, first time since Covid started and ended. The physical set up is essentially the same as pre-Covid. Costs is slightly more expensive than XJMZ. XJMZ does not charge for two hours of lobby services (eg foot massage and ear cleaning). Just need to tip the masseurs for the service (minimum RMB 50 per hour). In JBC, need to pay for each lobby service, plus pay tips (also minimum RMB 50). The foot massage charge is RMB 59 per hour. Unfortunately, the foot masseur that was assigned to me was not very skilful and I did not feel relax with his service. With every pain I felt, he will have a comment for me that either I have not been sleeping well, or some organs in me are not healthy. Heard those comments before, so I just pretend I understood.

There are still bear Chinese medical masseurs at JBC. There is a wall of photos of these masseurs as before, just outside the male changing room. But the photos were either badly taken or badly photoshopped. They do not do the masseurs justice. I did not like any of the masseurs from the photos. But in person, it was a different story. There were a few that caught my eyes as they stood around in the foot lobby area looking for and approaching potential clients. I was approached and agreed to be served by 769, a bald headed specky with pleasant looking facial features. However, I have had much better massage before by other masseurs. 769 was willing to offer peripheral services. The medical massage costs RMB 168 for 100 minutes plus minimum RMB 100 tips. The massage by regular masseur would have been RMB 118 for 120 minutes.

JBC also has a dedicated body scrubber, a short chub. The skills were moderate. No special services offered.

I will return and try the services of other Chinese medical masseurs another day.

When I left, it was pouring outside. Inside JBC, it was so quiet that I did not hear the rain. On the way back to HK, it was still raining all the way to Kowloon. Next day, it was announced that it was HK's heaviest rainfall in 140 years with flooding in many parts of HK, including the inside of a MTR station! Commuters passing through the flooded station commentted that they thought they were sailing through a river instead of passing through a station! Luckily, I got home before it got real heavy, even though some parts of the pavement that I had to walk along the way was flooded, something I have not seen before all these years in HK. 

On 9/11/2023 at 6:04 PM, fortysumthing said:

Went to Jia Bao Cheng (JBC) last week, first time since Covid started and ended. The physical set up is essentially the same as pre-Covid. Costs is slightly more expensive than XJMZ. XJMZ does not charge for two hours of lobby services (eg foot massage and ear cleaning). Just need to tip the masseurs for the service (minimum RMB 50 per hour). In JBC, need to pay for each lobby service, plus pay tips (also minimum RMB 50). The foot massage charge is RMB 59 per hour. Unfortunately, the foot masseur that was assigned to me was not very skilful and I did not feel relax with his service. With every pain I felt, he will have a comment for me that either I have not been sleeping well, or some organs in me are not healthy. Heard those comments before, so I just pretend I understood.

There are still bear Chinese medical masseurs at JBC. There is a wall of photos of these masseurs as before, just outside the male changing room. But the photos were either badly taken or badly photoshopped. They do not do the masseurs justice. I did not like any of the masseurs from the photos. But in person, it was a different story. There were a few that caught my eyes as they stood around in the foot lobby area looking for and approaching potential clients. I was approached and agreed to be served by 769, a bald headed specky with pleasant looking facial features. However, I have had much better massage before by other masseurs. 769 was willing to offer peripheral services. The medical massage costs RMB 168 for 100 minutes plus minimum RMB 100 tips. The massage by regular masseur would have been RMB 118 for 120 minutes.

JBC also has a dedicated body scrubber, a short chub. The skills were moderate. No special services offered.

I will return and try the services of other Chinese medical masseurs another day.

When I left, it was pouring outside. Inside JBC, it was so quiet that I did not hear the rain. On the way back to HK, it was still raining all the way to Kowloon. Next day, it was announced that it was HK's heaviest rainfall in 140 years with flooding in many parts of HK, including the inside of a MTR station! Commuters passing through the flooded station commentted that they thought they were sailing through a river instead of passing through a station! Luckily, I got home before it got real heavy, even though some parts of the pavement that I had to walk along the way was flooded, something I have not seen before all these years in HK. 

Thank you for the report, and thank goodness you managed to return home safely!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JBC

Tried Chinese Medical Masseur 708. Short chubby, stubby, 50 year old but look 40 y/o. Very strong and thorough massage. And very accommodating providing other services. Recommended, if you like strong massages.

Polish_20231005_174933308[1].jpg

Xiongyizhan 熊驿栈

This is not a shop with ground floor access. It's one of those establishment where you need to pre-book your service providers. Contact them through their wechat at the twitter contact below. They have outlets in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chongqing and Fuzhou. Masseurs are mostly bears and chubs and tend to move around different cities so do ask for the available masseurs by photos when making bookings. Before I tried, I thought their service providers would be those that would just go through the motion of massage and attempt to satisfy your urges asap and make you leave. But I was surprised that my masseur was actually quite thorough with his service. Besides a proper and sensous massage, there were other services (depending on the package you opt for) which would tickle your various senses, if you know what I mean. 

Looking for the building in Shenzhen was a little tricky though. After getting out of Exit F, Science Museum Station along Line 1 or Line 6, it's the buiding right next to the Exit. But the entrance to Block B where the outlet is located is actually in what looks like the back lane of the building. It was a lighted lane so seems safe. I was a little surprised to see quite a number of dark skin Asians in the vicinity (could be Indians, Pakistanis or Middle Eastern races). There were also other minorities such as Urghurs, very handsome men, in the vicinity, which I don't often see in Lowu area. I was asked to head to 19/F and was given a unit number. There, it was just a room with attached shower and the masseur was waiting in the room for me. Overall, the experience was good although more pricey than JBC.

Twitter

rsz_polish_20231006_103510999[1].jpg

Polish_20231004_191034662[1].jpg

mmexport1696416725827[1].png

Free travel on Shenzhen MTR for seniors above 60 years old

The Shenzhen subway offers free travels for seniors above 60 years old, tourist included. Just look for the sign that says "Lane for Passengers with Free Passes", show your passport to the security guard and you will be let through the gate. Do the same when you exit.

Edited by fortysumthing

1 hour ago, fortysumthing said:

JBC

Tried Chinese Medical Masseur 708. Short chubby, stubby, 50 year old but look 40 y/o. Very strong and thorough massage. And very accommodating providing other services. Recommended, if you like strong massages.

Polish_20231005_174933308[1].jpg

Xiongyizhan 熊驿栈

This is not a shop with ground floor access. It's one of those establishment where you need to pre-book your service providers. Contact them through their wechat at the twitter contact below. They have outlets in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chongqing and Fuzhou. Masseurs are mostly bears and chubs and tend to move around different cities so do ask for the available masseurs by photos when making bookings. Before I tried, I thought their service providers would be those that would just go through the motion of massage and attempt to satisfy your urges asap and make you leave. But I was surprised that my masseur was actually quite thorough with his service. Besides a proper and sensous massage, there were other services (depending on the package you opt for) which would tickle your various senses, if you know what I mean. 

Looking for the building in Shenzhen was a little tricky though. After getting out of Exit F, Science Museum Station along Line 1 or Line 6, it's the buiding right next to the Exit. But the entrance to Block B where the outlet is located is actually in what looks like the back lane of the building. It was a lighted lane so seems safe. I was a little surprised to see quite a number of dark skin Asians in the vicinity (could be Indians, Pakistanis or Middle Eastern races). There were also other minorities such as Urghurs, very handsome men, in the vicinity, which I don't often see in Lowu area. I was asked to head to 19/F and was given a unit number. There, it was just a room with attached shower and the masseur was waiting in the room for me. Overall, the experience was good although more pricey than JBC.

Twitter

rsz_polish_20231006_103510999[1].jpg

Polish_20231004_191034662[1].jpg

mmexport1696416725827[1].png

Free travel on Shenzhen MTR for seniors above 60 years old

The Shenzhen subway offers free travels for seniors above 60 years old, tourist included. Just look for the sign that says "Lane for Passengers with Free Passes", show your passport to the security guard and you will be let through the gate. Do the same when you exit.

Thank you for the detailed report, it is much appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.