Male HQ

Shenzhen ( China ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

male3x

On 11/8/2017 at 11:39 PM, Guest Guest SZ visitor said:

Not at all azndapper. In fact, have benefitted  from your tips on the attire to wear, SIM cards, money changers and the Metroman app mentioned in your earlier post before I went for the trip.

The weather was warm during the day but quite chilly at night. Thus, need to wear jeans or long pants at night. The money changers at LuoHu immgration centre do accept SG dollar but the rates were lousy. The map function in SZ metroman app didn't work unfortunately. I have to use Google Map to navigate using Starhub Happy Roam card.

Nothing much to shop around in SZ. Been to King Glory Plaza. Wow !! The shopping mall has many levels ! Seeing movie at the cinema is also expensive about Sgd $18 ++. Heard the V-club masseur said that things were cheaper in HK especially  for branded goods. Is that true ? He mentioned that many SZers including himself often go to HK for shopping.  Not as adventurous as you when come to food hunting haha. Tried their KFC.. Not too bad haha. Security was tight. Everywhere I saw gong-an and army personal on the streets and especially at the train stations What's with the scanning of water bottles ??!! Maybe as highlighted by fortysomething, it has something to do with the on-going 19th party congress meetings then. Thankfully, there was no police inspection on the massage centres.

Talking about massages, the masseurs in SZ that I encountered were polite and had better attitude than the china masseurs working in SG & malaysia. I often travel to Malaysia-JB for massages. The masseurs there are either Indonesians, Burmese, Malays, Vietnamese or Indians. So it's a fresh change for me to be massaged by chinese masseurs. Will try out the 2 new maassage centres mentioned in your post in my next trip there. If you have visited them, do post the reviews here. Cheers !

I'm not sure why the Metroman app didn't work for you - I used it last weekend in Shenzhen and it still works. If you can't use Metroman, I recommend Gaode Maps aka AMaps as it's not subject to the Great Firewall, unlike Google Maps, and is more updated than Google Maps for China - the only catch is the interface and content is in Chinese.

I haven't been to King Glory Plaza (金光华广场), but I generally avoid the area near the border as I feel it's too crowded with Hong Kongers. Try Coco Park next time you're in Shenzhen, and especially try the atas food court in its supermarket - they have some great steak (which they will grill on the spot for you) at a great price. The seafood seems good too, but rather dear.

Thanks for confirming the money changers at Luohu do accept SGD, albeit at a lousy rate.

Branded goods are cheaper in Hong Kong because of the lack of sales tax. For example, the iphone X is cheaper in Hong Kong compared to China. However, non-branded goods are cheaper in China, especially those that are produced in China itself. I can find pots and pans of comparable quality at half price in China's Walmart compared to Hong Kong which has no hypermarket.

As for bottled water, that's something that metro security in most cities in China will screen, even before the 19th Congress. They usually ask you to take a sip. I guess they are afraid of liquid bombs? Some cities have rubbish security (垃圾安检) though, and you can just sail through them; (un)fortunately Shenzhen is not one of them.

Edited by azndapper

On 11/9/2017 at 1:09 AM, Guest SZ visitor said:

massage_fan, think the JBC masseur did tell me his no but I couldn;t recall now. He's ok looking. While he's not my "vegetable", he gave me the best after service during my entire trip there. A good way to start off during my 1st day of stay there. 

Only encountered the bearish beautician in xjmz once during my first trip there. What a fine looking bearish chap. Like that he is well groomed and neatly dressed. Think that he look better in person than in pic. His pic is there up in the notice board with photos of other beauticans. He did offer his service to me but i didn't engage him as it was my 1st trip there. Tried out by starting off with that painful foot massage by a cute looking foot masseur. Only engaged beauticians in my subsequent trips there.

Thank you for the info. I will check out once i visit shenzhen again in my next trip.

Guest SZ Visitor
On 11/10/2017 at 12:31 AM, azndapper said:

I'm not sure why the Metroman app didn't work for you - I used it last weekend in Shenzhen and it still works. If you can't use Metroman, I recommend Gaode Maps aka AMaps as it's not subject to the Great Firewall, unlike Google Maps, and is more updated than Google Maps for China - the only catch is the interface and content is in Chinese.

I haven't been to King Glory Plaza (金光华广场), but I generally avoid the area near the border as I feel it's too crowded with Hong Kongers. Try Coco Park next time you're in Shenzhen, and especially try the atas food court in its supermarket - they have some great steak (which they will grill on the spot for you) at a great price. The seafood seems good too, but rather dear.

Thanks for confirming the money changers at Luohu do accept SGD, albeit at a lousy rate.

Branded goods are cheaper in Hong Kong because of the lack of sales tax. For example, the iphone X is cheaper in Hong Kong compared to China. However, non-branded goods are cheaper in China, especially those that are produced in China itself. I can find pots and pans of comparable quality at half price in China's Walmart compared to Hong Kong which has no hypermarket.

As for bottled water, that's something that metro security in most cities in China will screen, even before the 19th Congress. They usually ask you to take a sip. I guess they are afraid of liquid bombs? Some cities have rubbish security (垃圾安检) though, and you can just sail through them; (un)fortunately Shenzhen is not one of them.

Hmm. will try Gaode Maps in my next trip there. Yes, have been to Coco Park. They have this big playground for kids. Quite happening, saw  lot of youngsters hang  out there. Yup also noticed that there were a lot of eateries and restaurants there. Didn't manage to have dinner there as I went there late at night. the food at the food court good ? Will try the food court the next time round,

Liquid bombs ? serious ? lol... thankfully they didn't ask me to take a sip. Gosh ! the security there is even tighter than Singapore.

Message _fan, do share your experiences in your next visit there. Can't wait for my next trip to SZ. :D

小 Y foot massage

This small shop opened a few months back in Shenzhen. All masseurs male. Mostly bears and cubs (about 7 or 8 of them) when I visited recently but read that sometimes there are slim masseurs. Located opposite King Glory Arcade along the same side as HSBC and Dream Fitness center, in a small lane named 罗小四街 , The shop is near the front end of the lane. A really small shop with about 10+ seats for foot massage. In terms of environment, it will score 1 out of 10. To those of you where environment is important, this place is NOT for you. But you can come here to choose your masseur and take them out. I understand just pay the shop by the hour but not sure of the charge.

Of the masseurs I saw, more than half are my type, quite cute. Age range from 20+ to 50+. I was assigned to no. 3, a 30something cub from fujian province. He said he arrived in SZ about 2 months ago. Foot massage OK. I also tried his oil massage. Comfortable and accommodating. Definitely love the bubbly body parts. Very got "feel" :P. Other than one masseur which I recognise as a former 中医 from xjmz, the rest were fresh faces to me.

Considering the environment, Price is more expensive than the regular big shops such as xjmz and ymz. I paid RMB 180 for oil massage and foot massage. As in most massage shops in SZ, please tip, they are the masseurs wages.

When I was there, saw several really really cute chubby and meaty clients. Great eye candies. Will definitely go back and try the other masseurs some day.

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

Screenshot_20171118-224506.jpg

IMAG0331 (2).jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

Edited by fortysumthing

13 minutes ago, fortysumthing said:

小 Y foot massage

This small shop opened a few months back in Shenzhen. All masseurs male. Mostly bears and cubs (about 7 or 8 of them) when I visited recently but read that sometimes there are slim masseurs. Located opposite King Glory Arcade along the same side as HSBC and Dream Fitness center, in a small lane named 罗小四街 , The shop is near the front end of the lane. A really small shop with about 10+ seats for foot massage. In terms of environment, it will score 1 out of 10. To those of you where environment is important, this place is NOT for you. But you can come here to choose your masseur and take them out. I understand just pay the shop by the hour but not sure of the charge.

Of the masseurs I saw, more than half are my type, quite cute. Age range from 20+ to 50+. I was assigned to no. 3, a 30something cub from fujian province. He said he arrived in SZ about 2 months ago. Foot massage OK. I also tried his oil massage. Comfortable and accommodating. Definitely love the bubbly body parts. Very got "feel" :P. Other than one masseur which I recognise as a former 中医 from xjmz, the rest were fresh faces to me.

Considering the environment, Price is more expensive than the regular big shops such as xjmz and ymz. I paid RMB 180 for oil massage and foot massage. As in most massage shops in SZ, please tip, they are the masseurs wages.

When I was there, saw several really really cute chubby and meaty clients. Great eye candies. Will definitely go back and try the other masseurs some day.

Screenshot_20171118-224506.jpg

wow, finally get to see a photo, really a cub

and  I observed that they tend to have a shorter cropped hairstyle that looks the same

I noticed that all of u love cubs and somehow, love stronger massage!!!!!

On 8 November 2017 at 1:32 AM, Guest SZ visitor said:

Part 2 continued...

YongMeiZhi (YMZ) – The centre is located along Xiangxi road where Queens Spa is located at the other end. The building is old  and a bit run down. When compared to JBC and XJMZ, YMZ has the cheapest rates and the tips quoted are generally lower. There were some cute looking foot masseurs there while I only spotted 2 cute looking body masseurs. One of the cute body masseur that I wanted to try was off-duty so I tried the other one. Think he was formerly from Xjmz cos he wore the maroon shirt with dark pants in his pic similar to those wore by the beauticians in XJMZ.  Massage & after service was good and he was not pushy with tips. I also did manicure there. The lady manicurist told me business was quiet in recent years as they have seen fewer Hong Kongers, (their main clients) visiting them. She also told me candidly they have been getting local customers due to the after services they provide. Overall, I quite like this place and visit it again if I’m in SZ. One bad thing is that they only accept China Union Bank credit cards so need to pay in RMB if you dun have such credit cards.

V-Club – The address given in their website is pretty accurate but you still need to navigate around to find the shop. I chose a slim fit masseur who is an ex-PLA soldier. Shan’t talk about massage skills cos that’s not the point. The masseur was polite and eager to please but somehow dun quite enjoy it cos he’s a pure straight. Must say the after service was great cos after the massage was over, the masseur called his boss who spoke to me to ask if everything was well. The masseur told me the reason for this was because his boss wanted to ensure the masseur did not bully or exploit me. Might want visit the place again to see if I can find other masseur who can give good massage and after service.

Overall thoughts on SZ – Quite like Shenzhen. Find the place clean and well kept. The people are also friendlier, well dressed and more refined that the people in Guangzhou (which I visited 2 years ago). Spotted many cute looking guys on the streets. Gosh ! SZ people are night time creatures. Their streets were still busy and bustling with people around 11pm+ during weekdays as though it felt like 8pm+. Saw groups of people engaging in different styles of dance and some groups playing  char teh at the open space in front of King Glory Plaza at Guomao at 11pm++.  People were still having steamboat meals at restaurants and streets late in the night ! I It’s kinda of like a city that never sleeps. Personally, dun mind working and staying in SZ if not for the great firewall of china. Yup, youtube and google can’t be accessed in China. Even if I were to use Starhub prepaid happy roam sim card, surfing on these sites were slow. Btw, the prepaid card can only be used for data surfing and cannot be used to make phone calls in China. Overall, my trip in SZ was great. Will visit more other massage places such as Han He Xuan (翰和), mentioned by azndapper during my next trip to SZ.

Better avoid YMZ, the steam & sauna rm not working still expect tips, lousy customer service.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:14 AM, azndapper said:

Other gay massage establishments with good ratings that I found on Dianping but haven't tried yet are:

天郎阁男士SPA按摩 http://www.dianping.com/shop/67147374

Then again, Landi spa also had good ratings but turned out to be atrocious, so ratings are not a guarantee of the level of service.

finally saw some who are not chubby masseurs but but so far!

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/dir/Luohu,+Closed+Area,+Luohu,+Shenzhen,+Guangdong,+China/China,+Guangdong,+Shenzhen,+Bao'an,+宝安新城大道与创业西路交汇处新城花园/@22.5514047,113.9503724,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x3403f5c24f91a95d:0xd0c6b7cc957ee947!2m2!1d114.118507!2d22.530312!1m5!1m1!1s0x3403ec30881f9651:0xca41e3ef702cced1!2m2!1d113.894997!2d22.567203!3e0?hl=en-GB

Guest SZ Visitor
On 11/19/2017 at 6:26 PM, KONG said:

Better avoid YMZ, the steam & sauna rm not working still expect tips, lousy customer service.

It's not that bad. Too bad that you had a bad experience. Well you can try Queens spa at the other end of the road. :whistle:

On 11/20/2017 at 7:44 PM, -Ignored- said:

-Ignored- you visited SZ ? There are actually many slim or fit cute looking masseurs in SZ..

Guest SZ Visitor
1 hour ago, Guest SZ Visitor said:

no, have not.
but somehow I noticed the trend that pp here , either they are much larger than me in size

they tend to prefer deep/strong massage+ masseur who are the chub type (nothing wrong)

I m just reporting a trend factually

On 11/20/2017 at 5:32 PM, -Ignored- said:

at least your links worked, some just doesn't

but for the links , do they have a proper room for massage?

and Landi? how atrocious is that be?

The links in my post that you quoted are places that "I found on Dianping but haven't tried yet." Since I haven't been there myself, I can't answer your question.

My review of Landi Spa is on the previous page of this thread:

On 11/20/2017 at 7:44 PM, -Ignored- said:

Er, have you tried Han He Xuan, which I reviewed in this thread? The masseurs aren't chubby, and the service is among the best in China. They have a branch near the Futian checkpoint. A link for you:

Edited by azndapper

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Shenzhen last week and visited XJMZ . Many thanks to massage_fan and Guest SZ for the clear walking directions from Guomao metro station. It was a short walk and very easy to find. Unfortunately my experience wasn't that great, I think mainly because I don;t speak Mandarin or Cantonese it was hard to communicate. I asked for the 1hr foot & 2 hr body massage package and the lady at reception quoted 198RMB - she also asked if i wanted male or female. I proceeded up to the shower room and then to the common lounge for the foot massage. I was not offered a choice of therapists and was assigned an older stocky guy which was fine. The foot massage was very good, he really knew his stuff, but the constant prompts for trying to upsell additional services (special foot powder, ear cleaning, pedicure, shoulder massage, etc.) became a bit annoying. After the foot massage, the hostess said someone else would be doing the body massage, so I tipped the guy and proceeded to the upper floors for the body massage. I was met by a younger good looking guy, i guess one of the 'beauticians'? His massage skills were pretty basic and disappointing - after a while he proceeded to a happy ending and then finished with a head/scalp massage. It was all over in 1 1/2 hours rather than the expected 2hrs. I then went back down to the shower room to get a skin scrub, but unfortunately Mei Sifu was booked up for the next 1.5 hrs and i didn;t want to wait that long so I left. 

note: I thought tipping in cash would be preferred by the therapists since they would get it immediately rather than waiting to get paid via the establishment, etc. but it seemed to cause a lot of confusion and problems, so i guess the expected procedure is to tip using the provided sign sheets.

glad that u made it, my theory is :

whoever who doesn't know the language may not be able to communicate  in a foreign land eg if I m  going to korea , I don't know their language, certain things cannot be "guessed"

next, will be don't ever sign up for a longer package, usu it will end earlier cos they knew for sure u didn't come here just for a massage

this is the reality

In fact, if possible, I don't even ask for a particular person and I just walk in normally (though I have not been to Shenzhen)

• 3 weeks later...

Recommend new place , there only one masseur 按摩师 work there work in his house he is the owner of massage place, there have 2-3 massage room. You can ask him to do oil massage 推油 so he will know what is your point. He did a good happy ending and very good massage. I think he is straight but I asked him to suck his... and he allow .

address. 彩福大厦汇福阁17F Gangxia metro station you can search address on Baidu map. The masseur name Mr.Wang.Enjoy

11 hours ago, Guest Szx said:

Recommend new place , there only one masseur 按摩师 work there work in his house he is the owner of massage place, there have 2-3 massage room. You can ask him to do oil massage 推油 so he will know what is your point. He did a good happy ending and very good massage. I think he is straight but I asked him to suck his... and he allow .

address. 彩福大厦汇福阁17F Gangxia metro station you can search address on Baidu map. The masseur name Mr.Wang.Enjoy

Hi.. how to book mr wang for massage service ? Do you have mr wang mobile number or wechat id?

On 08/11/2017 at 1:32 AM, Guest SZ visitor said:

Part 2 continued...

YongMeiZhi (YMZ) – The centre is located along Xiangxi road where Queens Spa is located at the other end. The building is old  and a bit run down. When compared to JBC and XJMZ, YMZ has the cheapest rates and the tips quoted are generally lower. There were some cute looking foot masseurs there while I only spotted 2 cute looking body masseurs. One of the cute body masseur that I wanted to try was off-duty so I tried the other one. Think he was formerly from Xjmz cos he wore the maroon shirt with dark pants in his pic similar to those wore by the beauticians in XJMZ.  Massage & after service was good and he was not pushy with tips. I also did manicure there. The lady manicurist told me business was quiet in recent years as they have seen fewer Hong Kongers, (their main clients) visiting them. She also told me candidly they have been getting local customers due to the after services they provide. Overall, I quite like this place and visit it again if I’m in SZ. One bad thing is that they only accept China Union Bank credit cards so need to pay in RMB if you dun have such credit cards.

V-Club – The address given in their website is pretty accurate but you still need to navigate around to find the shop. I chose a slim fit masseur who is an ex-PLA soldier. Shan’t talk about massage skills cos that’s not the point. The masseur was polite and eager to please but somehow dun quite enjoy it cos he’s a pure straight. Must say the after service was great cos after the massage was over, the masseur called his boss who spoke to me to ask if everything was well. The masseur told me the reason for this was because his boss wanted to ensure the masseur did not bully or exploit me. Might want visit the place again to see if I can find other masseur who can give good massage and after service.

Overall thoughts on SZ – Quite like Shenzhen. Find the place clean and well kept. The people are also friendlier, well dressed and more refined that the people in Guangzhou (which I visited 2 years ago). Spotted many cute looking guys on the streets. Gosh ! SZ people are night time creatures. 

V club still exist??

Are these shops like xjmz still open as per normal during the chinese new year period?? Anyone knows?

Guest asking
On 02/01/2018 at 11:41 PM, Guest Szx said:

what is his intro like?

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, fortysumthing said:

you may want to try 友谊 or if you are taking the shuttle bus at immigration building, survey the advertisements at the shuttle bus station for other selections.

tks 40sumthing, but is Hongkong also gonna be the same? like typical coffee café or cooking stalls, first few days v quiet?
I hope gay saunas in HK open as per usual?

and is the 友谊,  just like another xjmz?

21 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

tks 40sumthing, but is Hongkong also gonna be the same? like typical coffee café or cooking stalls, first few days v quiet?
I hope gay saunas in HK open as per usual?

and is the 友谊,  just like another xjmz?

Unable to advise about HK sauna. I don't go sauna on new year's day.

Not too familiar with Youyi. Have not been there for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SZ again

Fortysomething AZN and all SZ experts !

a couple of years ago I went to a huge sauna/ massage place . The place had a lift from the changing room that went up to the large foot massage place . What was interesting about the place was the sauna and steam room - both huge and side by side was very cruisy . The scrubbing area was next to the steam/ sauna and the scrubber was very adventurous and playful with me .

dont think it's XJMZ , does the description above sound familiar ?

secondly , where's the place for good food in SZ and shopping -  the area .Thanks 

7 hours ago, fortysumthing said:

Latest Pics of JiaBaoCheng Chinese Medical masseurs

Thanks fortysumthing for the pics.

These are the new sifu?

I remember there are other # beside these.

• 3 months later...

notti sia

if halfway they wakeup ? elderly surely will - they will qn u cant have frens at such wee hours in sZ

shd have alot of hotels,but what for? your parents wont ask why Shenzhen?

Century plaza? u may based on the map n look for the "bed" logo

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/香江明珠休闲会所/@22.534759,114.1179353,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3403f5c1fe1bdfa3:0x1dba9639e1a768be!8m2!3d22.534759!4d114.120124?hl=en

Haha they won’t... cause I’ll be booking 2 separate rooms. And they sleep quite early too.... haha 

is century plaza near luohu? Cause I’ll be at hk before that and carry my luggage to Shenzhen and fly back to sg from Shenzhen the day after... it’ll be more convenient if nearby luohu and I can drop the luggage and out for sight seeing str8....

9 minutes ago, Muslex79 said:

Haha they won’t... cause I’ll be booking 2 separate rooms. And they sleep quite early too.... haha 

is century plaza near luohu? Cause I’ll be at hk before that and carry my luggage to Shenzhen and fly back to sg from Shenzhen the day after... it’ll be more convenient if nearby luohu and I can drop the luggage and out for sight seeing str8....

Diag opp -based on the map rt?

5min walk

but what s there at shenzhen worth touring??

is it cheaper to have it diff ?

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/dir/Century+Plaza+Hotel,+Carrianna+Shopping+Plaza,+Luohu,+Shenzhen,+Guangdong,+China/China,+Guangdong+Sheng,+Shenzhen+Shi,+Luohu+Qu,+RenMin+NanLu,+罗湖村春风路3043号缉敬大厦香江明珠休闲会所+邮政编码:+518000/@22.5349305,114.1186294,17z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m2!1m1!1s0x3403f5c19ba87f5b:0x8d2fc332721aadaf!1m2!1m1!1s0x3403f5c1fe1bdfa3:0x1dba9639e1a768be!3e2?hl=en

1 minute ago, Muslex79 said:

Haha... I also wonder where to go... but my dad wanna go so..... as for airfares, yes abt S$300+ savings

Usu if it s two diff ctries, it s more expensive for flights

• G_M changed the title to Shenzhen ( China ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.