Male HQ

Lessons On Downloading/burning Of Videos

Lungker

I was just thinking, would anyone be interested to learn how to download video files from the internet.

Within the last few days, I have learnt from some members that they have downloaded movies, tv series, eg "Prison Break", concerts etc. from the internet. Apparently from one DVD that one good friend had given me, the downloaded tv series was very clear and very good.

Apparently, people are using different ways to download these large files. One method I am a little familiar with is the bit torrent method. Others are using different methods which may be more efficient.

We can do it here where those who are "experts" can teach the rest, or we can actually have a hands-on kind of thing - meet some where, like somebody's house or a classroom, where a few of these experts can teach us on the spot what to do.

I have a new lap-top with the M1 Vodaphone portable broadband device that we can use to demo what to do. If other people have such a device and a laptop, then we could actually have a small gathering to learn from these experts.

I know for a fact that many people do not even know about such downloadings and are seeking to buy at great expense certain "colourful" gay films. Buying such films are both costly and illegal. So we could be doing our readers here a favour by teaching them how to do things more safely.

A note of caution. Please do not mention anything about p--n. The experts can teach you how to download films like "The Sound of Music" or the tv show "Sesame Street" but if you use the lesson learnt to download something else, then it is your call. As far as we are concerned, we are helping readers here to be more net savvy. :rolleyes:

What do you guys think?

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Actually it is not illegal to teach people how to download.

Like the army, they teach the soldier how to shoot, or someone teaching another person how to use a knife. Unless the person choose to use the gun or the knife for some bad purposes, then learning how to use a knife or a gun is not wrong.

We will not be discussing about downloading p--n. There are tons of legal downloads out there and that's what we will be focusing on. :)

I won't be surprise they are teching all these in schools already. How to be IT savvy if we are not allowed to explore all the exciting new technologies?

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

i will love to know how to use bit torrent, i have used it before but seems that the company computer has blocked or prevent it from download ???

currenlt i an using mega-download or rapidshare to download some anime movie from some web sites but the bad point is that they are slow and cannot download in batch :(

if you can read chinese, china has the most amount of stuffs off the net.

emule, shunlei there are tons of "free" stuff online. however china tended to use the smaller size but so-so quality RMVB format instead of the bigger size better quality AVI format.

for those who doesnt wanna go through the hussle, youtube has a good supply of tv series. no need to learn anything, but quality is bad though

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest IkuTube

*sending mata to monitor Lungker*

*ringing IDA to traceroute and sniff IP*

[Moderator, hope I will not be banned/slammed]

Ok, having alerted the authorities, let's get back to the wonders of internet :D

I was just thinking, would anyone be interested to learn how to download video files from the internet.

Downloading has become a lifestyle. Nerds often remark, "what else can I utilize my broadband, and paying ISP bigger subscription and not into online gaming, if not for uploading/downloading?".

With the media covering news on downloading activities, more uncles and aunties are attracted to it: uncles are wondering if they can get video on prolonging ejaculation, cure for impotency and the aunties are interested in body n boobs firming, cooking recipes etc etc. :P

My take: Think about what you want to download.

Eh....Eh.. dun think its good to discuss about downloading movies here leh.. Authourity might b watching. Anyway DL... b it movies/music/tv programmes are considered piratecy n infringing of copyright law. People are arrested for doing that in Spore. So b careful.
Actually it is not illegal to teach people how to download.

Fact Number 1

To install a download program, also termed "p2p client" is not illegal. It is what you download, and upload [which is equivalent to distributing] that makes it illegal. Downloading music and movies is illegal. It is not known about TV series, though in some countries, it is.

- One must understand that, when you are downloading, you are also uploading. This is how p2p works.

- Be smart about what you want to download. To use IP BlockList does not actually help.

Fact Number 2

Downloading is easy and faster only if you know how to configure/tweak/hack the option settings within your system. P2P group of softwares, say FastTrack or eDonkey, is rather straight forward.

BitTorrent is a little bit more complicated if you want to have a faster download. More so, if you are using a router to share computers at home.

- WindowsXP with Service Pack [sP] 2 needs tweaking to open for more network connections. Microsoft set a limit when they launched SP2.

- You need to know about Port Forwarding, though in some cases, it is not necessary.

Guest IkuTube
for those who doesnt wanna go through the hussle, youtube has a good supply of tv series. no need to learn anything, but quality is bad though

Correction: Quality is VERY bad :D

Guest IkuTube
i am hard with precum after listening to all the P2P technical terms....

ikutube when can you show me how to do Peer to Peer shafting , ops sharing?

ROFL

err, help me to help you -- drip those precum into a tube first [wasted if it dries up, u noe :D ]. we shall talk how i can collect it from you the next time.

Guest Guest....

Sometimes dl also no choice la....

Like i missed Ugly Betty first episode but also can't find it on Youtube.

Where can i get to see it then??? sigh!!!

Guest IkuTube

Ah, the latest series that makes ugly beautiful! The first episode is like my life - chasing a dream and little that i know i am beautifully ugly :( Perhaps, Betty Suarez has more guts than IkuTube.

Anyway, back to topic - easiest is from BitTorrent. Of cos, it is about installing the client and then searching from torrent sites. Most sites have up to series 16 for this hit season 1.

I've recorded the first episode on my DVD hard Disk recorder. Am I able to transfer and record it to a DVD Disc? Our IT Consultant Ikutube? Another alternative is to cum to my house to watch it :D

Guest IkuTube
I've recorded the first episode on my DVD hard Disk recorder. Am I able to transfer and record it to a DVD Disc? Our IT Consultant Ikutube? Another alternative is to cum to my house to watch it :D

You rich ler! :D

I don't own DVD Recorder. Err, if you can connect your recorder to PC/Laptop either using RCA cables/S-Video or usb plug and play, then it is possible to transfer. Thereafter, you need to encode/burn to dvd disc. You intend to make money distributing after that ah? hehehe :D

Simply, it is a long road shot - troublesome lah.

Guest, I managed to transfer that first episode to a DVD Disc liow. Seems like my DVD recorder can do dubbing. (silly me :D )

Please PM me and let me know how I can pass it to you. Cheers! :lol:

Guest IkuTube
can the download BT movie burn/write to a dvd or CD ? how ?

The answer is yes.

1. You need to install a multi media convertor program. Earlier, we were discussing about the software, WinAVI.

2. You need to install a burning program - eg. Nero

3. With WinAVI, convert your file according to the format you want - vcd/dvd

4. With Nero to burn.

PS: You can also let Nero to convert but it will take ages.

Guest Curious!

STEP 1. Download and install a Bit Torrent client such as UTorrent. Use google to search if you don't know where to download

STEP 2. Use Google search for any phrase you like plus the term torrent. For example if you like watching CSI then you search for "CSI + torrent"

STEP 3. Search will generate loads of torrent. You can click on the torrent file with an .torrent extension. It will activate your Bit Torrent client and start downloading.

STEP 4. Make sure you know where your file is download. Most of the time movie files are with extension .avi. Double-click on it and your built-in Windows Media Player will automatically play it for you.

STEP 5. Some files you cannot play is because you do not have the codec for Windows Media Player. Just Google again for "Divx Codec", download and install it and you should able to watch most of the movies.

let me add a little on burning to CD or DVD.

I assumed you want to watch it on your TV using VCD or DVD player.

after converting the format, in NERO you need to select burn as VCD or DVD, where NERO will include folders and files into the burning process so that your player can recognise.

just be burning as data disc will not be able to play on your player.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Guest
just be burning as data disc will not be able to play on your player.

Correction:

You can burn the video files as data if you have a player that plays multi-formats like Divx.

So I can burn up to 12 episodes on a single DVD disc and watch on my player.

Hi

Love this new discussion room. Would be so useful for IT idiots like me. :P

Just to ride on this topic. I am trying to burn a list of video clips into a cd. Understand that i won't be able to do that via WMP. Therefore, what kind of software would i need to have before i can do that?

Additionally, what kind of software would i need to have before i can convert movies with dvd format into vcd format?

Thanks!

ya clubbox is really complicated. the other time i downloaded a movie from it.. but when i try again.. it din work.. in the first place i oso dont know how i managed to get the 1st movie.

btw this is my first post .. got the account to post in the new room. any welcome applause? hehehe :P

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.