Male HQ

IT Show 2007 Special Topic 8th to 11th Suntec

oralb

As IT show is around the corner, i foresee that many in the forum will visit with an intention to buy something.

I am opening up this for all to discuss on the products/ technologies offered on the show.

I am sure there are many pple here that can offer assistance and guidance.

happy shopping

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to get a desktop PC at this coming IT show and I want a high-end PC with the intention of adding up to 4GB DDR2 SDRAM. Is it cheaper to add on by buying it from the vendor (it costs an extra $700+ to upgrade online from Dell) or should I buy it at Sim Lim and fix it myself? Is it cheaper that way? Also I'm considering between Acer and Dell. Any suggestion from tech-savvy guys in BW?

Hope to get a desktop PC at this coming IT show and I want a high-end PC with the intention of adding up to 4GB DDR2 SDRAM. Is it cheaper to add on by buying it from the vendor (it costs an extra $700+ to upgrade online from Dell) or should I buy it at Sim Lim and fix it myself? Is it cheaper that way? Also I'm considering between Acer and Dell. Any suggestion from tech-savvy guys in BW?

having such high RAM maybe a waste for home users, vista is resouces hogging but not that hogging... :)

playing game, you are better off getting a higher end video card.

coming back, getting the vendor to upgrade on the spot maybe cheaper, esp he wanted to close your sales, he may agree to higher discount.

anyway they will be selling RAM on the IT show as well, walk around, have a feel of the price and come back to bargain...

I wanna get portable hard disk OR a storage hard disk... Anyone looking for similar able to help me with advise and review? :P:)

not so much of review around. if you are $$$ rich, you can go for established brand like quantum or seagate to get their ext HDD.

else buy a generic HDD casing powered by USB.

if you need faster transfer, try one with firewire, provided your PC has firewire port 1st.

Guest another

anyone know the price range of a hard disk based multimedia player. one that can play divx, mp2/3/4 format, avi, etc. no need to have screen as long as it can plug into tv, hdmi connection is a plus.

which brand is best?

I am thinking getting a small laptop to be used for travelling. Need a built-in hard disk, 12" screen and light weight. I saw one brand ASUS at Best Denki for about S$1,400-1,500. The weight 1.60kg, 1.7Ghz. Any one using similar?

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Guest IkuTube

Erection Day wrote:

Wow! How much are you spending for this PC - do you have a specific budget in mind?

1. To DIY, you can choose what is the best.

2. Consider whether you want intel or amd.

3. Ram prices are slowly going up, compared to the last 2/3 weeks ago. Looks like it is still rising. When ram prices are down, it is always good to get them. More ram does not hurt a system.

4. Generally, to get rams from sim lim is cheaper than to get it from the 'online' vendor. Also, as oralb highlighted, look out for other vendors for cheaper prices. However, do note that once you open up the seal from a branded pc and install your additional ram, it will void your warranty.

5. 4gb is, in my opinion - and oralb has commented , too much for home use. With 2gb, you still can listen to mp3, surfing, chatting, probably word processing, and encoding/burn videos.

6. If you can tell us more about the specs [Acer and Dell], we might be able to make more comments.

Hi, want to know should I get wide-screen LCD or normal one? What's the difference beside the price? If I watch HD material in future, WS LCD is the one to have right?

1. In choosing a good LCD, importantly, watchout for the response time and the number of bit panel/colours.

2. If you prefer to go for widescreen, it is recommended that it should be min 20" for better viewing.

3. Gamers normally favour normal lcd over widescreen plus a very good graphic card.

Buaya wrote:

I wanna get portable hard disk OR a storage hard disk... Anyone looking for similar able to help me with advise and review?

If you happen to go for the IT show, look out if Maxtor is having a promo. If the 320gb external hdd is below $200, grab it. If it is $180, no need to think further :D

another wrote:

anyone know the price range of a hard disk based multimedia player. one that can play divx, mp2/3/4 format, avi, etc. no need to have screen as long as it can plug into tv, hdmi connection is a plus.

Lulu wrote in another thread:

"Memory World called, and the multimedia video juke box (what Gachi describe in #2 above thread) ranges from $270 (80G) to $380 (160G) for the 2.5 inch harddisk portable model, and $360 (320G) for the 3.5 inch sized like a tissue box model. They are all made in Korea. Price quoted are supposedly IT fair price."

You can also look into This One. They are offering $289 [u.p $329] during the IT show at booth no 6253, Hall 602.

worldangel wrote:

I am thinking getting a small laptop to be used for travelling. Need a built-in hard disk, 12" screen and light weight. I saw one brand ASUS at Best Denki for about S$1,400-1,500. The weight 1.60kg, 1.7Ghz. Any one using similar?

They will be alot of booth promoting laptop. For the last few IT/PC shows, Best Denki had booth too.

Best that you go down and compare the prices/bundled items. My friend ended up buying NEC [based similar with your requirement].

Happy shopping, guys!

Guest artemov

Hi Ikutube,

I am looking for a reasonably priced pda or pda phone with wifi and bluetooth.

Any recommendation? Good to get during IT show?

What about pocket pc? Different from pda phone?

I can also do without the phone function. Should be much cheaper right?

Thanks.

Wow, IkuTube, you're certainly the IT guy we are looking for! :D Thanks for the generally useful advise.

I'm thinking of doing some video editing on my new desktop. Hence will require a high-end system with some omps. Have been eyeing the Dell Dimension 9200 for quite some time. Basically a system running on Core 2 Duo Processor with enough rams to run the programme like Adobe Premiere smoothly. Budget is $3000. Rams I can upgrade later (as you pointed out, the price has been going up). I'm quite fond of Acer because I've been using their laptop with minimal problem so far. Their desktop price is quite competitive and I heard the aftersale service is quite good too. So still deciding between the two. Will appreciate more advise. Thanks in advance.

Guest IkuTube
Hi Ikutube,

I am looking for a reasonably priced pda or pda phone with wifi and bluetooth.

Any recommendation? Good to get during IT show?

What about pocket pc? Different from pda phone?

I can also do without the phone function. Should be much cheaper right?

Thanks.

Hehehe, This is out of my league.

IkuTube still carries the old big gigantic Motorola DynaTAC phone :D

Sorry dude, but I like your tagline.

depends on brand, different pda phone uses different OS

Palm

-has normal pda and treo pda phone

- use own OS

- stable, fast but not as multimedia rich than Pocket PC

Pocket PC

- eg HP iPaq

- using Window

- more bells and whistle but comes with windows common error.

Symbian

- eg Nokia n series

- one of the latest technology, built more with phone than pda design.

if you only need pda, palm is a good choice, it comes with wifi for surfing.

They will be alot of booth promoting laptop. For the last few IT/PC shows, Best Denki had booth too.

Best that you go down and compare the prices/bundled items. My friend ended up buying NEC [based similar with your requirement].

Happy shopping, guys!

Thanks IkuTube, you are indeed an expert.

Since free entry, I will visit the show on Thu to do reckie, collect brochures and make comparison and when meets my requirement and budget, it can be purchased next day.

I believe quite common nowadays, installment purchase using Credit Card without interests.

exactly WA, go on a weekday to check prices and specs, narrow on a few model.

come back do some homework to check on support and durability.

on the last day (SUN) head down to bargain. by then there would be a price drop.

for those who just wanna rub groin to butt with the uncles, go on a sunday, guarantee high :)

Hi All, i was told to recce IT fair first (I want to buy a 20+ inch tv for room and PC use). My friend then advise that i should also go to Best Denki, Harvey Norman etc. because they at the same time will also have discounts becasue of the IT fair prices. Then after all these, if price still better at IT Fair, then go back to the IT fair on Sunday to buy...

IS this true and necessary?? Although the "rub groin to butt with the uncles" is highly tempting, but i don't really like crowds... especially at this kinda Fair...

Koh Samui, I need u...

quite true, if the hardware shops are not participating in IT show, they may have a sale in their shops.

basically it is about doing homework, if you want the best deal, be prepared for the legwork and hassle.

oh it is coz of the crowd that you get the chance to rub groin to butt. past shows i lost count of how many times i positioned my groin near the butt crack of the uncles, waiting for someone to push me, made me pump forward... hehehhe

also few occasions i found the back of my hand pressed against the groin of the uncles.

did someone said cheap thrill... hahahaha

oralb tip of the day: head str8 to the back lane where the small shops are. normally they sell cheap accessories which bounded to be crowded. that's where the "action" lies

ahahahahaha

Guest IkuTube

For Artemov

benqsiemensp51hq6.th.jpg

BenQ - Siemens P51

IT show price = $898 with free 2gb sd card [Don't know which booth]

hpipaqrw6828me5.th.jpg

HP iPaq RW6828

IT show price = $899 (Booth 8150) with freebies worth up to $540 [i don't know it will be]

I don't think i belong to the "uncles" category, but can my groin still accidentally meet your hand?? hehe :P

CANNOT! only my hand search for the groin, not the other way round, so you better stand at the back lane with your groin protruding outwards

:)

Wow Ikutube! You actually risked incurring the wrath of the mods just for me!

HOW DARE YOU posting pic here, neber die before ah!

(pissss, betw you and me, need to show show a little mah, at least next time we can tell others we blew our top (literally not physically, thank you) on posting pic)

looking for good mouse to buy lerh...

HUH, unless you are talking about gaming mouse like Razor, would cost a bomb, why you bother to go through the hassle? (unless you like the groin to butt routine) price for mouse doesnt fluctuate that much.

They sure look nice!

i would advise do some homework on PDA phones, esp on which OS to choose.

unlike getting PC or laptop, you are more or less stuck with Vista, PDA offeres more options, and each option has its pro and cons.

the 2 models that ikutube posted run on Windows, do a google on the review esp compared to other OS.

Hello apa ini?

Want to go to back lanes and get my nuts scratched and I scrolled back to the first post to find address and sekali NO ADDRESS.

Hello like that how can? Where will all these gropings and scratching be going on. Uncle here catch no balls. :hat: :smokin:

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Guest IkuTube

Yes, the Fair is held at:

Suntec Exhibition Centre Level 3, Level 4 [Hall 401 - 404 and Level 6 [Hall 601 - 603]

The groin lane that OralB highlighted most probably at Level 3.

Guest IkuTube
Will signing up for Singtel online plan. Got free laptop.

Err, just my opinion.

If you really need the laptop, it is fine to sign up. Otherwise, to be contracted for 30 months is a big too long for me.

Anyway, I think you will get a $30 taka voucher too.

Visited the exhibition this afternoon (lunch break), the crowd was not that bad, maybe evening after office hours then the crowd would be built up. The exhibition is split into 3 floors.

Guest Curious!

Was there today, plenty of handsome good looking uncles.... some of them dressed up very smartly. I was drooling all the way. :-)

It really a good place if you just look and admire, not sure about crusing. Probably quite difficult to pick up somebody.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.