Male HQ

How To Connect To Irc

IkuTube

#Blowing Wind chat room is becoming a fun place to hang around. There are more and more BW readers that would log in into the chat room, almost every night and as early as 7 pm. On weekends, there is always someone inside the room, all throughout the day.

This is the place for members – registered members and/or guests, to interact, realtime. Friendship developed, romance might get a head start – and all you have to do is to be involved with them. In IRC, you can opt to have a new nickname different from your registered nick in BlowingWind Forum.

How To Set-up IRC

1. Download and ‘Save the file to disk’

2. Locate the installation file, mIRC6.2. Double click to start the installation.

3. When you run the program for the first time, you need to fill certain information in the Option Dialog window. For a start, you only need to fill the following:

mircoptionpageaw1.th.jpg

Enter Your:

- Full Name [Not your real name. It can be a description of yourself]

- Email Address [Not your real email address. Simply, just type any word]

- NickName [maximum 9 characters]

- Alternative [maximum 9 characters]

serverqm1.th.jpg

- Scroll down and locate/choose ‘Galaxynet: Random server’

optionaa3.th.jpg

- Leave it at default. Make sure ‘Connect on startup’ is not ticked.

localinfogf2.th.jpg

- Leave it at default. You don’t have to fill anything here. Once you are connected, it is auto-filled.

- Just make sure the boxes under ‘On Connect, Always get:’ Local Host and IP Address are ticked.

identdps0.th.jpg

- You may want to fill something here. Example, Matured or Chub or Tampines, etc

4. Once you are done, click on “Connect’ on the left side of the window. Click on ‘Connect To Server’ on the bottom right side of the window.

5. Once connected, mIRC Channels Folder will pop up. Just close it.

statuswindow1mb7.th.jpg

6. In the ‘Status’ Window [above], type “/join #blowingwind” [without the quotes] and you will be automatically joined the blowingwind chat room. Alternatively, you can also type "/j #blowingwind" [without the quotes].

7. A new window will pop up [below]. You are now in the chat room and ready to chat/connect to others.

blowingwindiw5.th.jpg

8. If you are interested to have a private chat with someone, you can just double click on his nick. A private window will pop up. Alternatively, type "/msg [user nick] [your message]" [without the quotes].

9. To leave the chat room, just click on “X” on the right side of the window.

10. Have Fun!

Note To #Blowingwind Chan Ops

Hehe, Be Nice and Gentle to newbies there hor.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

How do you attach jpec file here?

Hi GKS,

I used imageshack to upload/paste the jpg.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.