Male HQ

I Had Sex Recently - I Am Worried About Catching Stds / Hiv / Infection (Compiled)

Guest Troubled

Guest gone case

Dont play play. Someone sent me his cock pic and asked me to suck him. I told him hey, there's a blister on your cock head. He still dare say the pic was taken a few months back, now he is well.

Good luck

I think its scary how at all saunas people always try to sneakily go in raw. Its the reason why i stopped going.

Had a conversation with someone recently who wanted to fuck me, but when i heard he goes raw most of the time, i got turned off. He tried to argue that he is clean because he only tops.

Think sometimes people are just begging to catch something.

Herpes and HIV infection is a life time sentence, viral infections cannot be treated and cured with Antibiotics,

and people here have not mentioned that the Hepatitis A,B  C and other variations of Hepatitis infections can also be easily transmitted , in a sauna environment where people exchange body fluids and saliva,

If you have not infected already with the Hep A, B it is good to see your GP and ask for a course of Hep vaccination which will take about 5 months to complete three jabs of first two jabs i month interval then the last jab after six months interval.

Hepatitis is said to be 1000 times for infectious than HIV virus, so it is more easily trasmitted from saliva.

If you have the habit of kissing strangers at first encounter , wet kissing or dry kissing, ay exchange of body fluids,

or like to lick nipples or body parts of strangers in dark room and mazes, someone before you may have Hepatitis and kissed and licked the guy before you came along, can potentially pass Hepatitis B and A to you, Heaptits virus is said to be more resilient and tough and can survived on wet and dry skin for longer than HIV virus,

Just think again if you think that safe sex practice is good enough for you , there is also Hep A and Hep B to consider,

hep C , currently have no vaccine to provide protection,

I had genital warts around my anus some 10 years ago. Frankly I don't know how I got it since I didn't have anal sex. I had an operation to remove them one by one I think by laser (?). Again, I was too embarrassed to ask the doctor too many questions. He told me that he successfully remove them. Since then, it hasn't recurred. I have been doing my medical yearly and it includes blood test for HIV and STD and it has always been negative.

Question for any doctor here - does that mean I am completely cured? I have not thought much about it but I read somewhere here that once you get warts, you get it for life?

• Guest locked this topic
  • 3 months later...
Guest Stressed

Hey. Can anyone help me. I had sex today. And unfortunately it was unprotected. But the guy told me he had hiv but was undetectable. What should I do now? I'm going crazy 

Guest Think

Wait a week then go for test

If im not wrong undetectable means the hiv cant transmit, but im not 100%sure

In future always do with condom

Guest Needy
16 minutes ago, Guest Stressed said:

Hey. Can anyone help me. I had sex today. And unfortunately it was unprotected. But the guy told me he had hiv but was undetectable. What should I do now? I'm going crazy 

That guy is so irresponsible.

Guest Stressed
3 minutes ago, CxxCaleb said:

you can ask the doctor doing the test which generation of test kit he is using. for 2nd gen test kit, it rrequires 6 weeks to be able to tell u confirmly whether u r positive or neg. If the doctor uses a newer 3rd gen test kit, the results is confirmatory after 2 weeks. In the mean time, u can only pray and look out for symptoms of acute infection such as flu, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, body rashes. 

Did he cum inside you? Although he is undetectable, it doesnt mean his semen or blood does not carry the virus. 

Please play safe next time and always

No. I topped him. But I came in him. It was quick. I'm really praying nth happened

Guest Guest-NYCVisitor

Wow.  OK a lot of semi accurate or bad information.  Quick break down for you with what little info I can provide. 

For those who are still unsure, an HIV-positive person can achieve undetectable levels after undergoing antiretroviral therapy (ART). A level of a person’s HIV viral load is what causes them to be more or less likely to transmit the disease. An undetectable viral load reduces the likelihood of transmission by 96%. Significant but not fail-safe. Once a person achieves an undetectable status, it is possible to remain at this level provided that the person is compliant with their ART medication. That is also another big one; you are heavily reliant on the diligence and trustworthiness of the person who is stating that they have undetectable levels.  

There is no real reliable HIV test that can give you any sort of accuracy at this early stage.  Generally you need to wait up to 3 months after potential exposure before you can consider a result definitively accurate. That said, if you are concerned about exposure and within the 72 hour window from possible exposure,  you can look to research Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)  treatment,  which can significantly decrease the ability of having a full infection after exposure to the virus. 

(please note I am a visitor and don't have full knowledge of local resources,  hopefully someone else can help on that). 

A very cursory investigation of services provided in Singapore appear to indicate that PEP treatment is available here.  It does not look cheap (I was surprised this link puts the cost of medication around 2000 SGD  (http://www.tanjongpagarclinic.com/hiv-pep). There may be others here that are at a different price point so you can look to research. More drastic but possibly more affordable; clinics in Bangkok offer the same medication and significantly lower price points (150-200 SGD).  I have never partaken in these services,  however I have received a full blood test work at the Thai red Cross clinic and their services are well run and considered confidential, so if you can get a flight that is a possible solution. 

Before I recommend you get on a plane I would recommend investigating all services that can be found here. Also,  I cannot gauge the likelihood of your potential exposure, whether or not your partner has put you at risk here, only you can do that based on the conversations you have had and how much you trust this person. I am just trying to provide whatever information I am able. In the future, i would recommend playing it safe if this is your first time with a new partner,  and to really suss out your risk tolerance for unprotected sex with a new partner (if I am misreading this and it's not a new partner,  my apologies; the way I read the original post lead me to conclude this may have been a first time with this person. 

Good luck. 

Guest Stressed
8 minutes ago, oakandpines said:

if youre really worried maybe youd be better off getting on PEP from your doctor.

PEP only works if u take it within 3 days of exposure tho so hurry up

its pretty pricey - i think 2000$+/- and the course of medication is a month.

but if you really think uve been exposed whats 2k

9 minutes ago, Guest Guest-NYCVisitor said:

Wow.  OK a lot of semi accurate or bad information.  Quick break down for you with what little info I can provide. 

For those who are still unsure, an HIV-positive person can achieve undetectable levels after undergoing antiretroviral therapy (ART). A level of a person’s HIV viral load is what causes them to be more or less likely to transmit the disease. An undetectable viral load reduces the likelihood of transmission by 96%. Significant but not fail-safe. Once a person achieves an undetectable status, it is possible to remain at this level provided that the person is compliant with their ART medication. That is also another big one; you are heavily reliant on the diligence and trustworthiness of the person who is stating that they have undetectable levels.  

There is no real reliable HIV test that can give you any sort of accuracy at this early stage.  Generally you need to wait up to 3 months after potential exposure before you can consider a result definitively accurate. That said, if you are concerned about exposure and within the 72 hour window from possible exposure,  you can look to research Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)  treatment,  which can significantly decrease the ability of having a full infection after exposure to the virus. 

(please note I am a visitor and don't have full knowledge of local resources,  hopefully someone else can help on that). 

A very cursory investigation of services provided in Singapore appear to indicate that PEP treatment is available here.  It does not look cheap (I was surprised this link puts the cost of medication around 2000 SGD  (http://www.tanjongpagarclinic.com/hiv-pep). There may be others here that are at a different price point so you can look to research. More drastic but possibly more affordable; clinics in Bangkok offer the same medication and significantly lower price points (150-200 SGD).  I have never partaken in these services,  however I have received a full blood test work at the Thai red Cross clinic and their services are well run and considered confidential, so if you can get a flight that is a possible solution. 

Before I recommend you get on a plane I would recommend investigating all services that can be found here. Also,  I cannot gauge the likelihood of your potential exposure, whether or not your partner has put you at risk here, only you can do that based on the conversations you have had and how much you trust this person. I am just trying to provide whatever information I am able. In the future, i would recommend playing it safe if this is your first time with a new partner,  and to really suss out your risk tolerance for unprotected sex with a new partner (if I am misreading this and it's not a new partner,  my apologies; the way I read the original post lead me to conclude this may have been a first time with this person. 

Good luck. 

Is PrEP different from PEP? One is pre exposure one is post right? And I can't afford 2000$ :( I'm just worried sick. And the only thing I can do is wait for 3 weeks. I'm already going crazy

Guest Stressed
15 minutes ago, CxxCaleb said:

statistically speaking, a top has lesser risk of contracting hiv provided there is no cuts or wounds on the penis. but if you involved in other sexual acts such as sucking him, exposed to his cum then there is accumulative risk. There is no point to cry over split milk. Go to a clinic asap, if you are tested negative, repeat it again after 2 weeks of exposure to the hiv virus (for 3rd gen test kit) or 6 weeks (for 2nd gen test kit). Meanwhile, prepare urself mentally for the options that you have. If it is positive, HIV is NOT a death sentence nowadays. There are antiviral drugs which can prolong your life. If you are negative, just take this as a lesson and move on. 

It is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE for an HIV known person to hide his status before involving in any sexual act with another person! 

I won't blame him. Not entirely his fault.  im hoping its negative. 

Guest NYCVisitor
9 minutes ago, Guest Stressed said:

Is PrEP different from PEP? One is pre exposure one is post right? And I can't afford 2000$ :( I'm just worried sick. And the only thing I can do is wait for 3 weeks. I'm already going crazy

Correct. PrEP is for pre-exposure,  for instance if your partner is HIV posted and you are neg and you both want to maintain a regular sex regimen together.  It prevents the negative partner from becoming infected. 

PEP on the other hand is for post-exposure. Similar to the morning after pill for pregnancy. You can have trace amounts of the virus in your system and still fight off a full infection. 

As I mentioned,  do your homework before continuing the stressing. Th eye are definitely options in between paying 2000 SGD and doing nothing for 3 weeks. Don't panic,  stay focused and keep researching. 

Guest Lesson learned

Dont overthink too much or your brain might "produce" some false symptoms. Anyway consult a doctur is the best option. Hope u will stay healthy n clean.

Guest Stressed
33 minutes ago, Traveler3032 said:

TS, just follow the advice from the guest NYCVisitor , go to see a doctor first in the morning and get  PEP medicune.  

I don't have 2 grand to spare...

Guest Guest

http://afa.org.sg/what-is-a-4th-gen-hiv-test/

3rd generation tests take 6-8 weeks and only tests for antibodies.

4th generation tests are accurate 14 days after exposure, because this is when the p24 antigen becomes high enough to measure; effectively reducing the window period by average of 14 days.

A negative result at 28 days is good news but it is not conclusive. UK guidelines (BASHH) say that an early negative result at 28 days (1 month) needs to be confirmed with a second test 90 days (3 months) after the exposure.

Ask for the 4th Generation Test at one of the following services provided by AFA at $40 per test.

Guest stressed, calm down. One issue at a time.

How you want us to help you? (You are logged in as a guest)

Don't talk about the 2k first, do you know how to find your way to DSC Clinic at Kelantan Lane.

https://www.dsc-clinic.sg/Pages/index.aspx

The doctors will be able to advise you better from there. Immediately go today, caused tomorrow is PH, not sure if they are open.

PEP must be started within 72 hours from possible exposure to be effective, earlier better. 

By right if the guy is undetectable, low chances of infecting, but are you able to verify?

if you are able to log in, we are just a PM away. Take care. 

20 minutes ago, KENZ said:

Guest stressed, calm down. One issue at a time.

How you want us to help you? (You are logged in as a guest)

Don't talk about the 2k first, do you know how to find your way to DSC Clinic at Kelantan Lane.

https://www.dsc-clinic.sg/Pages/index.aspx

The doctors will be able to advise you better from there. Immediately go today, caused tomorrow is PH, not sure if they are open.

PEP must be started within 72 hours from possible exposure to be effective, earlier better. 

By right if the guy is undetectable, low chances of infecting, but are you able to verify?

if you are able to log in, we are just a PM away. Take care. 

Am I right that even though the tests at DSC Clinic are anonymous, the Clinic WILL report your case to the authorities if the result turns out to be positive?

33 minutes ago, nerrad said:

Am I right that even though the tests at DSC Clinic are anonymous, the Clinic WILL report your case to the authorities if the result turns out to be positive?

I am not too sure about their procedures. By right should be kept confidential, but i think they still have to report in the system or else how they tally total number of infected cases. But don't let this deter anyone from seeking treatment. Health is more important. 

7 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

Hi Guest Stressed,

While it's always good to have your peace of mind by getting your blood tested, you should go for it "at least 12 weeks (3 months) after exposure to the virus provides highly accurate results. In rare cases, a person could take up to six months to test positive using standard tests, and that is almost always a person with a severely compromised immune system due to another disease, such as leukemia." (quote from this website).

Also, here are some links may be useful for transmitting HIV from undetectable partners:

http://sfaf.org/hiv-info/basics/how-long-after-a-possible-exposure-should-i-be-tested-for-hiv.html

Hope it helps

Will you be my valentine's? :D

Guest Protected Bottom
7 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

No. I topped him. But I came in him. It was quick. I'm really praying nth happened

Than you cannot blame the bottom.  You have the choice to use condom, but you didn't and put the bottom at higher risk.   You need to wait for at least 6 weeks to 3 months before going for the test.  During this period of waiting, you will be living in stress and anxiety.  Hope you learn something.

8 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

first of all I am sorry you got to go thru this savage emotions.

It is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE for an HIV known person to hide his status before involving in any sexual act with another person! 

Report him now to the police! he will tell the truth thru investigation.

The  police will be able to advise you better from there. Immediately go today.

seeking treatment. Health is more important. 

Edited by sg indian here

It's either u go PEP before its too late or go for a 4th gen test. I can't remember the window period but u still need to do another test 3 months from exposure.

The risk for Top is lower unless u have a deep cut. Also his CD4 seems low. So the risk is lower. But u need the test asap to set u at ease

经一事 长一智

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, KENZ said:

I am not too sure about their procedures. By right should be kept confidential, but i think they still have to report in the system or else how they tally total number of infected cases. But don't let this deter anyone from seeking treatment. Health is more important. 

I'm just slightly confused. On the clinic's website, it says that: 

Notification of positive HIV results to Ministry of Manpower is for statistical purposes. This process is confidential.

HIV positive individuals will be referred to the Communicable Disease Centre (CDC) at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, which is the national referral centre for HIV / AIDS for further management. You may also have your condition managed at another hospital-based HIV clinic of your choosing. 

How could they possibly refer someone to the CDC at TTSH without revealing the identity of the person? I am just curious.

16 minutes ago, nerrad said:

I'm just slightly confused. On the clinic's website, it says that: 

Notification of positive HIV results to Ministry of Manpower is for statistical purposes. This process is confidential.

HIV positive individuals will be referred to the Communicable Disease Centre (CDC) at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, which is the national referral centre for HIV / AIDS for further management. You may also have your condition managed at another hospital-based HIV clinic of your choosing. 

How could they possibly refer someone to the CDC at TTSH without revealing the identity of the person? I am just curious.

maybe only the immediate medical team or hospital treating the patient will know the details, but other government boards / sectors will not know unless you inform them personally should the need arise. ( e.g. Mindef, Hdb, CPF etc) 

just to add on, base on what i observe from my other friends, if you are of legal age, should you be hospitalized due to hiv complications, the doctors also cannot inform your family of your hiv status, due to the confidentiality clause. 

Edited by KENZ
add on

There is something Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), comprises of a combination of anti-HIV medications which you can take after you have unprotected sex and if taken PEP within 72 hours, can prevent you becoming infected with HIV. It must be taken for 28 days.

You can go to the DSC Clinic, 31 Kelantan Lane on weekdays to get PEP.

Mon - Fri: 8am to 11am & 1pm to 6.30pm

Tues - Thurs: 1pm to 4pm

Guest Stressed
59 minutes ago, BboyzWu said:

There is something Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), comprises of a combination of anti-HIV medications which you can take after you have unprotected sex and if taken PEP within 72 hours, can prevent you becoming infected with HIV. It must be taken for 28 days.

You can go to the DSC Clinic, 31 Kelantan Lane on weekdays to get PEP.

Mon - Fri: 8am to 11am & 1pm to 6.30pm

Tues - Thurs: 1pm to 4pm

It's not PEP. It's PrEP. And it costs 2grand. I don't have that

Guest I love Arya Stark

Just go see a doctor la better option..yes people in here can give alot of ideas, but seeing profesional more better if you dont knw what to do. :/

Guest Be Safe

Go to seek PEP treatment NOW!!!!!

Go DSC Clinic @ Kalantan....Quick Quick Quick !!!!

Tel : +65 6293 9648

Rmb, you only have 72hrs.

Whole treatment took about 1 month and cost around $750.

Is the medicine that is expensive. Doctor will only prescribe you with 2weeks of medicine first (near $400). Afterwhich another 2weeks dosages (also near $400)...

So total around $750.

15 minutes ago, Guest Stressed said:

It's not PEP. It's PrEP. And it costs 2grand. I don't have that

It is PEP for your case...as mentioned by many people, just go to DSC now before they close.

Financial issues i think DSC will have some assistance for cases like yours...just go and don't delay.

They will be able to work out something for you. 

If confidentiality is an issue, try contacting BW member below who started one of the Prep/Pep threads. This way, can avoid having your name go into system. The generics provided should not cost more than hundred plus per month and have proven highly efficacious and effective for treatment. No need to panic...or get overly stressed.

Go AFA or DSC@ Kelantan Lane, they will know what to do. You can't test for HIV since its has not been at least 14 days yet (min for 4th Gen Rapid Test) but they may be able to prescribe you with Pep to reduce the risk

Guest Guest that concern HIV
12 hours ago, Guest Think said:

Wait a week then go for test

If im not wrong undetectable means the hiv cant transmit, but im not 100%sure

In future always do with condom

Sorry hor!! using condom also not 100% guarantee safe.

Read this 

https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/prevention/reduce-your-risk/sexual-risk-factors/

14 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

Hi guest, pls seek medical help immediately, the entire prep course costs just about S$1000. 

Guest Stressed
10 minutes ago, rotikawin said:

Hi guest, pls seek medical help immediately, the entire prep course costs just about S$1000. 

I don't come from a well off family. I don't have 1000 to spare 

• G_M changed the title to I Had Sex Recently - I Am Worried About Catching Stds / Hiv / Infection (Compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.