Male HQ

Discussion On Planes & Aviation

sgbotl

2 hours ago, Marineboy said:

This one has a good near miss record... :D

BTW a crash is a near miss....A miss is a near crash.....So says the comedian Carlins....indeed it. Sugar coating words for consumtion? hahaha

the comedy skit is classic man..

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

10 hours ago, Phil said:

Did you fly many Russian aircrafts?

I survived a flight on a Yak 40...

It's a pleasure to be spammed with planes and clouds!:P

Tu-134.  When Vietnam Airlines was using it.  Ewww!  :yuk:

10 hours ago, Marineboy said:

This one has a good near miss record... :D

BTW a crash is a near miss....A miss is a near crash.....So says the comedian Carlins....indeed it. Sugar coating words for consumtion? hahaha

LOL

Instagram @the_meowprince

SG50 NDP 2015 Upshot.jpg

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

I flew once on a Tupolev TU-154. Very noisy and fun. That plane was an old Soviet era thing built without any thought to commercial viability. Even the toilet seat was heavy, solid wood.

Didn't Lion Air first start flying with the Yak 40 or 42 type before they had enough money to buy modern aircraft?

I think we have generally been spoilt by SQ and the new modern fleet.

I remember going to Peru back in 2001, and all their domestic carriers flew 727s. The only airline flying the then modern 737-800 was LAN Peru.

I also remember riding in a Fokker turboprop in Mexico, only to realize that it was formerly a MH plane. A lot of the internals had traces of its past, including some Malay signs!

Слава Україні!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FizzleBuzz said:

There is still A340 exist around. Anyone manage to catch a glimpse of it?

I have ride on the A340 on Thai Airways many years ago. Finnair used to fly the A340 on the Helsinki-SG route. I think Finnair uses the A350 for this route now. 

8 hours ago, G20Stick said:

I have ride on the A340 on Thai Airways many years ago. Finnair used to fly the A340 on the Helsinki-SG route. I think Finnair uses the A350 for this route now. 

For those who want to grab a ride on A340, better to do quick. Cathay Pacific is retiring their by end of April, maybe sooner too. After this, only China Airlines and Philippines Airlines left in this region operating the four holers.

13 hours ago, xoxo77 said:

For those who want to grab a ride on A340, better to do quick. Cathay Pacific is retiring their by end of April, maybe sooner too. After this, only China Airlines and Philippines Airlines left in this region operating the four holers.

Yea. Thats true. Its quite sad though because honestly it really good looking to me. But due to inefficiency they have to scrape it away. 

Just share one of the favorite sites I visit about planes and this one does some good one on Commercial Planes. He covers lot of topics usually not many would think to present heheh..  

On 3/14/2017 at 7:58 AM, FizzleBuzz said:

Lol. With the situation like this. I will avoid going to US.

You may catch one last time at Asia with Nepal Airline, comes to KUL frequently 9N-ACB, one and only 757 Combi in the world. The time is running out fast for that lady.

Otherwise, you can fly Air Astana 757, also a frequent visitor to KUL.

23 hours ago, xoxo77 said:

You may catch one last time at Asia with Nepal Airline, comes to KUL frequently 9N-ACB, one and only 757 Combi in the world. The time is running out fast for that lady.

Otherwise, you can fly Air Astana 757, also a frequent visitor to KUL.

Thanks bro!

3 hours ago, chiguy said:

Any group for aircraft lovers n spotters? XD

FizzleBuzz seem the more enthusiastic  of the lot here heheh...you might want to join him plane spotting...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest loveairtravelling

I like planes a lot since i was young. Always pester my family to Changi Airport to see planes landing and departing. Last time, Changi airport had viewing galleries that show u the entire stretch of the runways. Now not anymore.

As an adult now who is able to afford overseas travel once a year, usually i will opt for the windows seat to view the scenery. The floating feeling when the plane ascend and land getting further away from me towards the fluffy cloud simply excites me. I don't understand how come some people choosing the window seats can just shut their windows when the plane reach the sky. For me, I will keep my eyes glue outside the windows, admiring the sky, ocean, mountains and the limitless fluffy cloud.

hopefully one day I can find a job that allows me to travel overseas frequently. I simply love air travelling

On Tue May 02 2017 at 9:21 PM, Guest loveairtravelling said:

I like planes a lot since i was young. Always pester my family to Changi Airport to see planes landing and departing. Last time, Changi airport had viewing galleries that show u the entire stretch of the runways. Now not anymore.

As an adult now who is able to afford overseas travel once a year, usually i will opt for the windows seat to view the scenery. The floating feeling when the plane ascend and land getting further away from me towards the fluffy cloud simply excites me. I don't understand how come some people choosing the window seats can just shut their windows when the plane reach the sky. For me, I will keep my eyes glue outside the windows, admiring the sky, ocean, mountains and the limitless fluffy cloud.

hopefully one day I can find a job that allows me to travel overseas frequently. I simply love air travelling

Me too man :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think all commercial airliners now fly at mach 0.83 - 0.85 at max speed.  So pretty much standardised.  

Unless you are thinking of SpaceX or have access to a private jet.  Not sure have fast Gulfstreams and Embraers and Bombardiers can go.  Doubt they can be very much faster.

Guest CONSERVATIVE
On 03/05/2017 at 2:06 PM, Traveler said:

Does any airline still fly the A340 to Singapore?

SOUTH african airlines and usually middle east or african airlines. Air Nui and air caledonia mat also use a340 to singapore.

Some eastern european airlines also and Scandinavian airlined SAS may swop some of their planes interchangibly with legacy A340.

SWISS AIR also intermittent swop a340 to singapore via bangkok.

Yes SAA operates A346 to HKG.

LX now uses B773ER for SIN-ZRH direct, no longer via BKK. 

SAS has suspended service to SIN too.

Air Tahiti Nui TN uses A343 but doesn’t fly to SIN. Fiji Airways uses A332. 

LH used to operate a mixture of A343 and A346 between SIN and MUC. Not sure what a/c type now.

On 19/04/2018 at 2:34 PM, flyerboy88 said:

Yes SAA operates A346 to HKG.

LX now uses B773ER for SIN-ZRH direct, no longer via BKK. 

SAS has suspended service to SIN too.

Air Tahiti Nui TN uses A343 but doesn’t fly to SIN. Fiji Airways uses A332. 

LH used to operate a mixture of A343 and A346 between SIN and MUC. Not sure what a/c type now.

I believe LH just relaunched MUC-SIN with the A350XWB.

Ps. I collect diecast aircraft models too!

• 1 month later...
  • Guest locked this topic