Male HQ

Discussion On Planes & Aviation

sgbotl

my elder bro, he has a few and we were staying on the 9th floor. Being 14yrs apart, i was a little 7yo kid and my brother shd be 21yrs old. I was throwing his collections out of the window..thinking that it would fly.

He was wondering why his plane got lesser and lesser till one day he caught me in the act of throwing his planes out! well.. got a gd spanking at the butt!! ROFLOL

Anw, I still wana do up a diorama..anyone has the experience?

Guest sarong kebaya

I've always dreamt of wearing a super tight sarong kebaya and being an SQ girl, and flirting with the pilot in the COCKpit.

Does that count as being interesetd in aviation ?

Spore girl, you're a great way to fly....how nice.

I've always dreamt of wearing a super tight sarong kebaya and being an SQ girl, and flirting with the pilot in the COCKpit.

The pilot is generally not alone in the cockpit...

And distracting them might lead to accidents; then lots of people will get access to the voice recorder. What will you look like if you survive? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

This thread seems to have become so dead.. reviving it here.

Anyone went to to Singapore Air Show 2012? Lots of planes as well as hunks.. haha..

I managed to get onto the SQ B747 tour and I was loving every moment of it!

B 747 only?

No A 380? Too bad!

B 747 only?

No A 380? Too bad!

Singapore Airlines retiring their last B747-400. That's why put one up for visitors to view.

Last flight scheduled for 6th April, SIN-HK. After which I guess they'll have a standardised first class in the form of the 777-300ER cabins and the A380-800 suites.

Instagram @the_meowprince

Singapore Airlines retiring their last B747-400. That's why put one up for visitors to view.

Last flight scheduled for 6th April, SIN-HK. After which I guess they'll have a standardised first class in the form of the 777-300ER cabins and the A380-800 suites.

Thanks for this explanation, I did not know. Their A380 suites are great! And even business class on B777 is excellent...You really have a good airline.

The B787 dreamliner was first time appearance in this region too.

A380 suite is featured as beyond first class.........not sure if the takeup rate is that great.

Well if they decide to go all business then we know why hehe

Crowded places are a big turnoff for me unfortunately. Hope to get some tickets for trade days the next time round then i wont mind going.

Think the 787s order book so far are all 2-class planes right? So A380 is still the new king. And the A350XWB is on its way too.

A350XWB will be a little bit wider than the 787. But you can do extraordinary things in the cabin with an A380 airframe. One customer bought one for his own private use; I would like to visit...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.. the thread starter is back! :P

gonna post pics from the airshow sooonnn! stay tuned :)

A350XWB will be a little bit wider than the 787. But you can do extraordinary things in the cabin with an A380 airframe. One customer bought one for his own private use; I would like to visit...

the XWB suffix is pure marketing BS.it's not like the a350 has three aisles lol..

the SQ 747 only appeared on friday, however it was only open to SQ staffs.. but for public days.. some 1000 tickets was issued??

This thread seems to have become so dead.. reviving it here.

Anyone went to to Singapore Air Show 2012? Lots of planes as well as hunks.. haha..

I managed to get onto the SQ B747 tour and I was loving every moment of it!

was there on thursday and friday... and on friday i was lucky to bump into a ex-"fb" in his pilot suit.. calling my name.. he made my day even more merrier

Hello everyone.. the thread starter is back! :P

gonna post pics from the airshow sooonnn! stay tuned :)

the XWB suffix is pure marketing BS.it's not like the a350 has three aisles lol..

OK, "Xtra" is maybe a little bit exagerated: 5,97m for A 350 vs 5,49m for B 787...

Waiting for your photos, thanks in advance!

It was redesigned from its original to compete against the 787. A 3-aisle plane will unlikely to work for both economic and practical reasons. It'd place added demand on staffing. But more importantly, it will require most airports to rebuild for it. Building/rebuilding an airport is no cheap business, and certainly not one any govt will wish to waste precious $$$ on. Not even if it means to be the only operator of an ultra-widebodied nonsensical plate.

Add to the fact that the lift and thrust needed for such a creature is not technically viable. Assuming a 3-4-4-3 seating configuration, such a craft will already be stressing out all currently available fuselages. Please don't even think of packing them into a Galaxy or a Beluga frame..... Those aircraft are not passenger-terminal friendly.

That said, it simply is common sense that a 3-aisle notion is impractical.

Instagram @the_meowprince

It was redesigned from its original to compete against the 787. A 3-aisle plane will unlikely to work for both economic and practical reasons. It'd place added demand on staffing. But more importantly, it will require most airports to rebuild for it. Building/rebuilding an airport is no cheap business, and certainly not one any govt will wish to waste precious $$$ on. Not even if it means to be the only operator of an ultra-widebodied nonsensical plate.

Add to the fact that the lift and thrust needed for such a creature is not technically viable. Assuming a 3-4-4-3 seating configuration, such a craft will already be stressing out all currently available fuselages. Please don't even think of packing them into a Galaxy or a Beluga frame..... Those aircraft are not passenger-terminal friendly.

That said, it simply is common sense that a 3-aisle notion is impractical.

You are right.

The best solution is a double decker (A 380 for instance).

And airports slight modifications were not prohibitive.

You are right.

The best solution is a double decker (A 380 for instance).

And airports slight modifications were not prohibitive.

Perhaps it's time for the flying saucers to make it's debut :D

In emergencies airports without modifications to accept you would also be an issue.

However you can land on some of them...but can you get out? If you're on fire..then all bets are off hehehe :P

Perhaps it's time for the flying saucers to make it's debut :D

In emergencies airports without modifications to accept you would also be an issue.

However you can land on some of them...but can you get out? If you're on fire..then all bets are off hehehe :P

In case of emergency, many airports are targeted along the airlines usual routes; not a big issue.

And as you say, if you are on fire...just try to reach the ground as fast as possible; no use to jettison fuel and operate long check-lists before reaching...Halifax, for instance. :whistle:

But we should not make jokes about accidents :( .

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Is anyone interested in playing this airline management game called Airwaysim? There's a new game world set in the the mid 90s starting at midnight tonight. I was introduced by another BWer and I got hooked so thought you guys might like it too. You can check it out www.airwaysim.com If we have enough BWers playing, we might be able to start our own alliance, haha.

It's pretty realistic and is continually being updated with new features. It costs about US$0.10 per day in real time to play - a game world will last about 2-3 months so it'll cost about US$13 (incl cost to join) for a game. There is a demo game world for you to try for free though.

Do PM me if you have any questions or to tell me if you're playing. I'm looking forward to playing this game with you guys.. :)

Edited by sgbotl

Hihi... a commercial aviation lover here too =)

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

• 4 weeks later...

SIA Appoints World-Renowned Design Firms For Next Generation of Cabin Products

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/en_UK/press_release_news/ne120814.jsp

14 August 2012 - Singapore Airlines has appointed two world-renowned design firms - BMW Group subsidiary DesignworksUSA, and UK and Singapore-based James Park Associates (JPA) – to help develop the next generation of in-flight cabin products that will be introduced from the second half of next year.

----------------------------

This is exciting news but I can't help but wonder why they released the news so early. It sounds like they're trying to keep customers from jumping ship to other airlines which have recently refreshed their onboard products.

Anyways, from the wording of the press release, I'm pretty sure they're gonna introduce inflight wifi (they mentioned new connectivity options). Hopefully SIA will also add premium economy to provide a product between economy cabin and their crazy expensive business class product. Of course, the other reason for introducing premium economy would be to compete the likes of Cathay who recently introduced theirs.

Well to a stage for Y/C it's not really about the gimmicks product anymore. Service weighs in too, and SQ is still pretty competent here I suppose;

my friends who flew JFK-SIN on Qatar were rather unimpressed, and were just unhappy with Doha as a layover airport.

Can't believe how low TG and MH are scored here compared to POS Emirates. (I'd fly them to Aus though, relatively nice offering there)

Nope. It is a response to http://www.worldairlineawards.com/

Ha, Skytrax.. When they first started out SQ did not even acknowledge them. They used to have such a lousy website that most people did not take seriously. I'm not sure why they're still around now, heck, their website still looks really amateurish. As for their credibility, take a look at this discussion on the Business Traveller forum http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Is-Skytrax-selective-in-its-reviews?page=1

Guest PureSgDude

My Recent Job Interview

I just went for an interview at Singapore Aero Engine Services Private Limited (SAESL)(for location right click here).

Two Main Crtierias:

1. University Graduate

2. Singapore Citizen

So, I fulfilled!

I do not mind receiving monthly pay $1500. The downside is, breaking 2 years bond, must pay $40K! KNN!

I asked the HR, what is so valuable and cause of penalty of $40K brond breaking? She replied, "company invested in you and the OJT process".

In the mind, I was thinking, what the fxxx! I am not even receving a training to become a CAAS LAE. Yet, penalty cause $40K. Bloody hell! CCB!

Bad:

1. Location god darn ulu! See above for the map.

2. No canteen!

3. Damn low pay! (I do not mind $1500)

4. Break bond must pay $40K

I wish SAESL all the best to find somebody who is a Singapore Citizen, University Graduate, willing to travel to god darn ulu workplace, starve at lunch hour and most importantly, willing to accept SGD1500 monthly salary (before CPF) and prepare to pay $40K penalty for bond breaking!

It is not Singaporeans do not want the job, it is the employer's problem. Please DO NOT blame Singaporeans.

Many moons ago i use to work in that area....there should be a van bringing lunch...just buy off from them.

Strange that there is no canteen??

The bond is indeed questionable if they do not provide you with special training.

Pay seems low too unless it comes with allowances for special rating ...

What is the job scope?

What job role will you be in? If mechanic, then isnt worth it to have 2 years with LD of 40k. I have mechanics either from Philippines or ITE NITEC Grad in that company fetching 2k+. As a singapore citizen with deg, then it is way below the market rate. 10 years ago when I was a fresh grad in the licensed engineer training scheme, I started off with 1.8k and standard annual increment with 8 years of contract of LD 36k.

Forget about the offer

My Recent Job Interview

I just went for an interview at Singapore Aero Engine Services Private Limited (SAESL)(for location right click here).

Two Main Crtierias:

1. University Graduate

2. Singapore Citizen

So, I fulfilled!

I do not mind receiving monthly pay $1500. The downside is, breaking 2 years bond, must pay $40K! KNN!

I asked the HR, what is so valuable and cause of penalty of $40K brond breaking? She replied, "company invested in you and the OJT process".

In the mind, I was thinking, what the fxxx! I am not even receving a training to become a CAAS LAE. Yet, penalty cause $40K. Bloody hell! CCB!

Bad:

2. No canteen!

I wish SAESL all the best to find somebody who is a Singapore Citizen, University Graduate, willing to travel to god darn ulu workplace, starve at lunch hour and most importantly, willing to accept SGD1500 monthly salary (before CPF) and prepare to pay $40K penalty for bond breaking!

It is not Singaporeans do not want the job, it is the employer's problem. Please DO NOT blame Singaporeans.

Very limited spots in Singapore.

Some spots at Changi Business Park are good.

Not too accessible though...

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

My Recent Job Interview

Two Main Crtierias:

1. University Graduate

2. Singapore Citizen

So, I fulfilled!

Bad:

2. No canteen!

I went for the similar interview years back.

Honestly, I find it quite insulting to be offered SGD1500.

Dip holder nowadays earn more than that.

What's the point of getting a degree in this case...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not really a spotter or particularly interested in planes, but I love airports. I guess I'm really interested in airport architecture and how it varies from city to city.

Seoul's Incheon is one of my favorite on the grounds, and I love the visual impact of Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi rows after rows of gigantic cavernous white tents. Changi is nice too, but perhaps because I live here and use it often it's become normal for me, a nice, efficient and pleasant experience, which i guess is basically what I'd like after a 20 hour flight.

Guest Ellaneous

I'm not really a spotter or particularly interested in planes, but I love airports. I guess I'm really interested in airport architecture and how it varies from city to city.

Seoul's Incheon is one of my favorite on the grounds, and I love the visual impact of Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi rows after rows of gigantic cavernous white tents. Changi is nice too, but perhaps because I live here and use it often it's become normal for me, a nice, efficient and pleasant experience, which i guess is basically what I'd like after a 20 hour flight.

That's excellent!

Yes, I've seen Suvarnabhumi in pictures, but I've never been there myself.

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic