Male HQ

Reading Manga: Sharing

Blissfull

Hi, I have started this thread for manga lovers, (I believe I am not the only one) to recommend mangas to watch. Please also write down the key genres that go with it:

E.G. Naruto (Fantasy, Shounen, Action)

E.G. Bleach (Fantasy, Shounen, Action)

E.G. One Piece (Fantasy, Shounen, Action)

You can also give some reasons why people should read them:

E.G. Naruto is awesumz sheetz cuz everyone is reading them woozzxxczxc. ninja power, pew pew.

If you could, also add a (?/5) rating so people roughly know where they stand.

So yea, the next post will be a compilation of mangas recommended, hope you guys pump in cool mangas.

FOR THE BENEFITS OF NEW READERS: Please LIKE the posts pertaining to the manga that you will recommend people to read. (:

Edited by Impere

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

For compilations, mangas are placed under their main genre.

ADVENTURE (Fantasy):

Id - The Greatest Fusion Fantasy (Kim Daewoo) 4.5/5

Rave Master (Mashima Hiro) 4.5/5

Magician (Kim Sarae) 5/5

Claymore (Norihiro Yagi) 4.5/5 (GORE)

MATURE (Gore/Sex)

Wolf Guy - Ookami No Monshou (Tabata Yoshiaki) 3/5

SCHOOL LIFE

Kimi ni Todoke (To Reach You) (Shiina Karuho) 6/5 (Shoujo)

Martial Arts:

Magic:

Music:

Slice of life:

Edited by Impere

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

Id - The Greatest Fusion Fantasy

Author : Kim Daewoo

Artist : Kenny A.T.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Shounen.

Rating: 4.5/5

Summary: It's not a typical shounen whereby the character gets stronger and stronger, and it has mages and dragons, arch-demons and elves, dimensional and time shifts, magic and warriors, magical weapons. If you love fantasy and adventure, please read this. It also contains several martial arts thingy.

It's about a guy name Id, who looks like a girl, who accidentally shifted himself to another dimension. He is naturally talented and considered very strong in both world, despite his age. To know more, please read it yourself!

Edited by Impere

Wolf Guy - Ookami No Monshou

Author : Tabata Yoshiaki

Artist : Yugo Yuuki

Genre : Action, Fantasy, Mature, Psychological, Romance, School Life, Seinen, Smut, Supernatural

Rating :2.5/5

Summary : It's about an underappreciated teacher witnessing the murder of a young man during a drunken mishap. But after fainting, all of the assailants were seriously wounded, and the young man was nowhere to be seen. Not only is the young man Akira alive, he is now her new transfer student. Its a weird manga, with strong doses of blood and gore, and heavy rape scenes. The manga itself isn't that bad, but it's not that good as well. Not for the faint hearted, or those that don't like blood and gore.

Edited by DriveMe

Rave Master

Author : Mashima Hiro

Artist : Mashima Hiro

Genre : Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Shounen

Rating : 4.8/5

Summary : Haru Glory is a 16 year old boy living in Garage Island who's destiny drastically changed when a man arrives in his village. Right now, with his trusty companions, and a newfound power that was lost 50 years ago, the World's fate now rests on Haru's shoulders. A typical shounen that makes the characters stronger and stronger,but not to the point where it happens everytime. Definitely give this a go if you like action and comedy. Has lots of swordfights too.

KN4.pngkimi-ni-todoke-season-2.jpgShouta-Kazehaya-kimi-ni-todoke.jpg

^^^This is Kazehaya <3

Kimi ni Todoke (To Reach You)

Author: Shiina Karuho

Artist: Shiina Karuho

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice Of Life

Rating: 6/5

Summary: Sawako Kuronuma, called Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character Samara from 'The Ring' (a popular Japanese horror movie), has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance. There are rumors that Sawako can see ghosts and curse people. But when her idol, the popular Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. She finds herself in a new world, making new friends and talking to different people. Sawako opens up to new people, making it easy for them to hurt her or help her. Which will her new friends do?

The most supermegaultiawesome shoujo romance manga i'd recommend. Very dreamy and beautiful, and so touching i cried at many parts. There's 2 season of anime on this too, up to about chapter 44/45.

Also, I read and collect yaoi. Can I share those too :P

Edited by SomeGuyInSg

23 chn 173 63
trevvy/planetromeo same username
up for friends :)

I'm not much of a manga enthusiast but I would like to share a manga that I've been following (besides Bleach). It's called Claymore and the setting is seemingly within medieval Japan.

The story is about a race of female warriors who are known as Claymores - a reference to the weapon they use. They were created by an Organization to fight demons, and are half-demons themselves. Generally the narrative is about the fight between good and evil though the lines are muddled as most of the evil were borne of goodness and vice versa.

Personally I find the manga to be catered to an older crowd due to its gratuitous and graphic displays of violence and gore. Simply put, the body is there for the sole purpose of being damaged. This disregard for the body and the ambiguous narrative encapsulate the uncertainty purveyed by the manga and to me, it's pretty heavy.

Of course, like I said, I'm woefully unexposed to manga so there could be a lot of other manga that are the same but hey, it's still worth sharing (:

Everyone has opinions but whether they are justifiable is another issue.

Guest Foreversckm

Hi, I have started this thread for manga lovers, (I believe I am not the only one) to recommend mangas to watch. Please also write down the key genres that go with it:

E.G. Naruto (Fantasy, Shounen, Action)

E.G. Bleach (Fantasy, Shounen, Action)

E.G. One Piece (Fantasy, Shounen, Action)

You can also give some reasons why people should read them:

E.G. Naruto is awesumz sheetz cuz everyone is reading them woozzxxczxc. ninja power, pew pew.

If you could, also add a (?/5) rating so people roughly know where they stand.

So yea, the next post will be a compilation of mangas recommended, hope you guys pump in cool mangas.

Why no Fairy tail :o!!!

YES PLEASE, haha.

Why no Fairy tail :o!!!

You can suggest it. I could put like a list of 20-30 manga to MUST READ but heh. Don't want to be over-dominating. I'l probably post 1 per day or so.

Magician (Kim Sarae)

Author : Kim Sarae

Artist: Kim Sarae

Genre: Fantasy, adventure, action, COLOURED!!

Rating: 5/5

Summary: It's again another not-so-typical story about a girl who is very talented in magic (nature magic) and a boy who is slightly talented in the sword (only very slightly). They met a legendary person, Eldermask, and decided to follow him on a journey after the boy's father was killed by a fire mage - the boy wanted revenge, the girl tagged along.

The girl's magical ability is at a very high level while the boy is still improving, Eldermask is definitely one of the strongest in the world. So like Id, it's not your typical story of one getting strong and stronger and defeats enemy. The story flows very simple underlying many mature tones, it also has occasional humour to lift the mood.

The art is also unique and COLOURED, LOL (: Enjoy.

• 10 months later...

Been searching for a TS such as this. Too bad it's kinda outdated.

I'm not much of a manga enthusiast but I would like to share a manga that I've been following (besides Bleach). It's called Claymore and the setting is seemingly within medieval Japan.

The story is about a race of female warriors who are known as Claymores - a reference to the weapon they use. They were created by an Organization to fight demons, and are half-demons themselves. Generally the narrative is about the fight between good and evil though the lines are muddled as most of the evil were borne of goodness and vice versa.

Personally I find the manga to be catered to an older crowd due to its gratuitous and graphic displays of violence and gore. Simply put, the body is there for the sole purpose of being damaged. This disregard for the body and the ambiguous narrative encapsulate the uncertainty purveyed by the manga and to me, it's pretty heavy.

Of course, like I said, I'm woefully unexposed to manga so there could be a lot of other manga that are the same but hey, it's still worth sharing (:

^ This one's my favourite of all.

Mind sharing more for manga readers? :) :)

"Listen -- are you living just a little and calling it life?"

Mary Oliver

Been searching for a TS such as this. Too bad it's kinda outdated.

^ This one's my favourite of all.

Mind sharing more for manga readers? :) :)

Just not many people share this interest?

What genres are you looking at?

Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

More like Bleach, Claymore, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Soul Eater, Beelzebub.

Also Yaoi can. :)

Have you tried the few I have posted up there? They are Korean Mangas but are as wonderful (if not better) than what you suggested. (:

Do you mind older mangas?

For japanese mangas, you can try Hunter x Hunter, Flame of Recca, M.A.R., Jio to Ogon to Kinjirareta, Magi, Kekkaishi, Metallica Metalluca, Psyren, Toriko and Tsubasa Reservor Chronicles.

I've already finished Hunter x Hunter, Flame of Recca (my favorite childhood animes!)...

Also finished Kekkaishi in Animax. Haven't finished Tsubasa Chron...

Thanks for the suggestions! Will try them. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yeaa hope you like them! They are classics that I don't mind reading over and over!

Skip Beat! (スキップ・ビート! Sukippu Bīto!?) by Yoshiki Nakamura. (5/5)

Kyoko Mogami (最上 キョーコ Mogami Kyōko?) a 16-year-old girl who discovers that her childhood friend and romantic goal, Sho Fuwa, only keeps her around to act as a maid to earn his living expenses, as he works his way to become the top pop idol in Japan. Furious and heart broken, she vows to get revenge by beating him in show business!

* Specially for those looking for hilarity, romance and excellent storylines. Caught this on TV and it was sooo good, cheers anyone up. So went on to read online. Not completed yet, but still as excellent as ever. Anyone who has been abused in love would appreciate, empathise with - and wannabe - Kyoko. :clap:

KN4.pngkimi-ni-todoke-season-2.jpgShouta-Kazehaya-kimi-ni-todoke.jpg

^^^This is Kazehaya <3

Kimi ni Todoke (To Reach You)

Author: Shiina Karuho

Artist: Shiina Karuho

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice Of Life

Rating: 6/5

Summary: Sawako Kuronuma, called Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character Samara from 'The Ring' (a popular Japanese horror movie), has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance. There are rumors that Sawako can see ghosts and curse people. But when her idol, the popular Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. She finds herself in a new world, making new friends and talking to different people. Sawako opens up to new people, making it easy for them to hurt her or help her. Which will her new friends do?

The most supermegaultiawesome shoujo romance manga i'd recommend. Very dreamy and beautiful, and so touching i cried at many parts. There's 2 season of anime on this too, up to about chapter 44/45.

I totally second this!!!! It's so heartwarming~! If you like this sorta stuff then maybe you'd dig Honey & Clover too, it's slice of life, simple and sweet.

honey___clover_07.jpg230px-Honey-Clover.jpg

On a very different note, I love psychological thrillers, and two that I'd really recommend are

Monster by Naoki Urasawa....it's being made into a Hollywood film!!!!

http://en.wikipedia....Monster_(manga)

200px-Monster.JPG

and 20th Century Boys by the same author.

http://en.wikipedia....th_Century_Boys

As far as yaoi (love between guys) manga goes...Gravitation is definitely very sweet.

http://en.wikipedia....itation_(manga)

Gravitation_%28manga%29_vol01_Cover.jpg

Straight romance mangas are nice, but it's also goo to have characters that you can really identify with, like in this case, I sometimes feel like a real-life Shuichi..... ^_^

Edited by GoodBoyRan

• 1 month later...

Name: Noblesse

Author: Son Jae-Ho

Artist: Lee Gwang-Su

Rating: 9999999999999999999999999999999/ 5 (lol)

Summary; Vampire with supernatural powers. Talking about the main character awaken from his 800+ years of sleep. He is the vampire tasked to punish other vampire (other than his lord) that had broken their law. He was force into sleep on the verge of being eliminated by the betrayers of their vampire empire.

Apparently this character is quite imba. If you don't really like overwhelming power from the main character probably you wouldn't wanna read this! However killings were mostly made by his underling (which is only 1 character). I quite like the style of the artist tho. everything seems just unique. worth the time reading!

here is some short clip of noblesse!

[media=]

note: there is no anime and even tho the title of this video "trailer for anime" or sth, it's actually trailer for it's 3rd season.

manga can be read here! (quite hard to search as compared to naruto fairy tail and kateyo hitman)

http://www.mangareader.net/noblesse/1

Edited by Rocky88

Summary; Vampire with supernatural powers. Talking about the main character awaken from his 800+ years of sleep. He is the vampire tasked to punish other vampire (other than his lord) that had broken their law. He was force into sleep on the verge of being eliminated by the betrayers of their vampire empire.

Apparently this character is quite imba. If you don't really like overwhelming power from the main character probably you wouldn't wanna read this! However killings were mostly made by his underling (which is only 1 character). I quite like the style of the artist tho. everything seems just unique. worth the time reading!

here is some short clip of noblesse!

[media=]

note: there is no anime and even tho the title of this video "trailer for anime" or sth, it's actually trailer for it's 3rd season.

manga can be read here! (quite hard to search as compared to naruto fairy tail and kateyo hitman)

http://www.mangareader.net/noblesse/1

Seems nice. They should totally make it into an anime.

So just be  free , just be yourself. Nobody can be  the way you are.

Not ready for another relationship. Just live life and be happy.

haha. it is nice! apparently from what i heard, many will be disappointed if the anime didn't turn out to be as imba as the manga. haha.

Well, if the producers follow the manga, it shouldn't be that bad :P

So just be  free , just be yourself. Nobody can be  the way you are.

Not ready for another relationship. Just live life and be happy.

Well I read a wide range, so here's my pick

1. Pretty face [Romance/Comedy/Ecchi]

3.5/5

"The story revolves around a high school boy who suffers an accident and having his face reconstructed in the form of his crush, and his attempts to impersonate a girl who his crush mistakes for her twin sister."

It's so absurd that it's so funny. Even though it's considered an ecchi manga, you can still take a look at this if you want something entertaining. XD

2. Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) [science fiction/Psychological thriller/Suspense]

4/5

I'm sure all of you are familiar with Battle Royale and The Hunger Game. This is an interesting take on the same structure and it is really good with the twists in events.

"This psychological thriller, based on the manga written and illustrated by Sakae Esuno, is about Yuki, a loner who's not very good with people. He prefers to write a diary on his cell phone and talk to his imaginary friend, Deus Ex Machina – The God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is more than a figment of his imagination when he makes Yuki participate in a battle royale with eleven others. The contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future, each diary possessing unique features that give it both advantages and disadvantages. Within the next 90 days, the contestants must try to survive until there is only one left standing. The winner will become the new God of Time and Space."

It has been adapted into an anime and check out their really cool ending!

and school days, is that the one with the morbid ending in anime /omg

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) [science fiction/Psychological thriller/Suspense]

4/5

I'm sure all of you are familiar with Battle Royale and The Hunger Game. This is an interesting take on the same structure and it is really good with the twists in events.

Mirai Nikki is almost perfect in it's own genre!

Haven't really been actively recommending, cause I just read so widely, it's quite annoying to list every single good one here.

These are two mangas of two different genres, catering to people who are less inclined towards the typical fighting or high school love mangas.

Bambino

Gourmet/Food Manga

Basically is about this Japanese dude who loves Italian cuisine (yes, you can learn some italian along the way) and he journey of learning about preparation of food and towards becoming a better cook.

Giant Killing

Sports Manga

Similar to many other sports manga, it's about how a team wins all and becomes the best. BUT the method they use is different and very fresh even amongst the best of it's genre. Sick of those other mangas that concentrate on players? This manga offers a different view from a soccer MANAGER instead. Read to find out more!

• 3 weeks later...

Cossete no Shouzou / Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Horror / Mystery / Romance

This is my way of writing a synopsis/review >.< so sorry if it sounds too abstract:

To stop all the tradegies I've caused,

Seeking my possessions who hide my past,

The only person who can see me for who I am,

I beg thee to assist me.

Recover the objects harbouring my grief,

But stay not by my side for too long,

For I will only bring about disaster,

A past which haunts what I used to love.

This un-life have lasted too long,

This heart was a past forgotten,

My expression which spoke naught for my eternity,

The sadness only you claim to see.

~Cossette

(She did not actually say this >.< I'm just writing it on behalf of what I think represents her... Hope I portrayed it to certain accuracy!)

• 3 weeks later...

Kamisama no Sonata

Oneshot

The resounding echos that fill the room,

Play not for those who come to scorn you,

Take the bow and perform bravely,

Your music for everyone to feel indiscriminately.

For being alone you are not,

There will always be that someone waiting,

Patiently bidding their time to make the entrance,

To embrace your melody and rehearse in sync.

For the finale where the curtains are drawn,

A sonata that resonates your soul and being,

A tune never before heard by the world,

One that would inspire the next to stand out boldly.

Noblesse is a pretty nice manhwa.

Reading this takes some getting used to, due to its vertically long pages :)

It is well illustrated and the plot is good too.

Please do give it a try if you are looking for a new manga/manhwa to add to your reading list.

http://www.mangasky.com/noblesse/

Rating: 9999999999999999999999999999999/ 5 (lol)

There's always another secret.

• 10 months later...

Gonna revive this thread with some recommendations

NORM:
Claymore [Adventure, Fantasy, Gore, Action, Drama]  - 8/5 all time fav.

Tower of God [Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Psychological, Shounen, Supernatural, Webtoons] - 4.5/5

Naruto [Adventure, Fantasy, Action, Comedy, Drama] - 4/5

Bleach [Adventure, Fantasy, Action, Comedy, Drama] - 4/5

Nanatsu No Taizai (aka The Seven Deadly Sins) [Adventure, Fantasy, Action, Comedy, Drama] - 4/5

Shingeki No Kyojin (aka Attack on Titans) [Adventure, Fantasy, Gore, Action, Comedy, Drama] - 4/5

Eden No Ori (aka Cage of Eden) [Adventure, Gore, Action, Drama] - 3.5/5

Gamaran [Adventure, Action, Martial Arts] - 3.5/5

Witch Hunters [Adventure, Fantasy, Action, Comedy, Drama, Martial Arts] - 3.5/5
Magician [Adventure, Fantasy, Action, Comedy, Drama, Martial Arts] - 3.5/5
Wolf Guy - Ookami no Monshou (aka Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest) [Adventure, Action, Drama, Gore, Martial Arts] - 3.5/5

YAOI:

Super Lovers [Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shounen Ai] - 5/5

Rikugun Renai Shikan Gakkou (aka Imperial Army Love Academy) [Adult, Comedy, Historical, Romance] - 4.5/5

Honto Yajuu (aka Like the Beast) [Comedy, Romance] - 4/5

Elektel Delusion [Comedy, School Life] - 4/5

Royal Fiance [Romance] - 4/5

Yajuu de Hatsukoi (aka Wild Beast's First Love) [sports] - 4/5

If you use your words as a weapon
Then as a weapon, I'll shed no tears

• 10 months later...

Anyone read magi? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi:_The_Labyrinth_of_Magic

It's good also. About magic (arabic i think)

I prefer manga because the anime is boring. 

Ao no exorcist is good too but have to wait very long for a new chapter.

D. Gray Man is quite good but I don't know whether it's still on-going or not.

• 3 months later...
Guest bbttaann

Mangas like Nisekoi and Shougeki no Soma are nice little distractions for me...light-hearted and decent storylines; as for manhwa, Children's Teacher Mr Kwon is a tear-jerker, but I sometimes I laugh my ass off at Dear, Only You Don't Know!

I use manga storm for reading manga, on iphone

I used to read shingeki no kyojin, but i dont really like it actually. The plot feels like it's taking the easy way out sometimes.

I would also recommend Ito Junji's mangas. They are ALL REALLY good (Uzumaki, Tomie)

Witch Hunter

Action, Humor, Fantasy, 

In a world where witches have declared war against humanity, causing two-thirds of the world to fall apart, the surviving human population has gathered specialists with the power to hunt and destroy witches.

Tasha Godspell, also known as the "Magic Marksman," is one of the best Witch Hunters there is. Along with his sword-wielding Jack-o’-Lantern partner known as Halloween, Tasha puts his magical training and weaponry to good use, in his constant battles against witches. And yet, he cannot bring himself to fully hate the very witches he is tasked to destroy.

I just finished this series called Parasyte. It's a great series imo, a break from all the stereotypical shonen manga now. (Considering that it's done in the 90s)

tumblr_lymfq0YsRx1r4xqamo1_500.jpg

Parasyte centers on a 17-year-old teen named Shinichi Izumi, who lives with his mother and father in a quiet neighborhood in Tokyo. One night, worm-like creatures called Parasites appear on Earth, taking over the brains of human hosts by entering through their ears or noses. One Parasite attempts to crawl into Shinichi's ear while he sleeps, but fails as Shinichi is wearing headphones, and enters his body by burrowing into his arm instead. In the Japanese version, it takes over his right hand and is named Migi (ミギー?), after the Japanese word for 'right'; Tokyopop's version, in which the images are flipped horizontally, has the Parasite take over Shinichi's left hand and it is named Lefty.

Because Shinichi was able to prevent Migi from travelling further up into his brain, both beings retain their separate intellect and personality. As the duo encounter other Parasites, they capitalize on their strange situation and gradually form a strong bond, working together to survive. This gives them an edge in battling other Parasites who frequently attack the pair upon realization that Shinichi's human brain is still intact. Shinichi feels compelled to fight other Parasites, who devour humans as food, while enlisting Migi's help.

It currently has an anime adaptation airing, as well as a live action movie in the making.

Highly recommended 4/5, and its less than 70 chapters long.

HOWEVER there are plenty of graphic images.