Male HQ

Is Gymbod A Must?

Guest shenderz

Guest shenderz

Seems like gymming is the no 1 past time of gays.

Overheard a group of colleagues talking. One guy suggested, why not go to gym (to lose weight). The female colleage responded, but so many gays.

(BTW I dun talk to those kind of people, juz cannot click, so I feel it's a waste of breath talking to them)

Do you feel insecure if you don't acquire a gym bod?

Guest shenderz

LOL.

Seems like a very typical mindset, that gymbod = health.

I mean isn't there other ways of getting health? Seems like it's more of gymbod = more physical attractiveness (not that it's a bad thing)

But to the mind of many people, gymbod = gay (esp when no gf)

Workout is a way of keeping yourself active, the blood flowing and the metabolism running.

You can choose to sleaze away at home with all your diets and stuff, but w/o some form of more vigorous activity, metabolism and ejection of waste in the body is still slower and u risk running into more chronic diseases.

POSITIVE MIND + REST + DIET + EXERCISE, these are what constitute the pillars of health.

Miss out one, and 'health' shall always be at the verge of crumbling down.

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

If you're talking about insecurity, yes, I do feel like I'm somewhat less attractive for not having a gymbod.

At least comparatively speaking, given all other things equal (i.e. level of face appeal, social appeal, intelligence, wealth) between A and B, but A has good bodies while B doesn't, A would be preferable to most. But of course such condition of all things equal is not to be naturally expected as the permutation of human features are complex, so I don't feel that awful just because I don't have a gymbod. People can make up for the lack of gymbod by having something else. I don't know about others, but as much as I like seeing guys with gymbods myself, I do check out those who have non-gym bodies and still find them attractive too.

I do wish I would try harder to aim for a gymbod, but turns out I always dedicate my limited time to something else, so yeah. Life goes on. Gymbod is a good feature to have. It's not a must, but it's somewhat a BIG FAT JUICY BONUS POINT lol.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest shenderz

Appreciate your honesty.

We just need to know that time is a limited commodity. It just amazes me how some people go to the extremes.

It's more than health, let's face it.

Appreciate your honesty.

We just need to know that time is a limited commodity. It just amazes me how some people go to the extremes.

It's more than health, let's face it.

Yeah. It may have health functions, but it's also an asset of sex appeal lol.

And extremity is a no-no. Too much muscle can be scary and unattractive.

I find smooth soft skin of a twink, or simple meat of a stocky guy attractive too; and sometimes, even more attractive than gymbods.

But I'm not going to deny that a good gym body looks good, haha.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

As you grow older , you will start to change and have a different and better perceptions and visions for what you have being doing religiously for years.

In my teens and younger days, It was more like a male ego, who wants to have a stand for himself against the other males.

I cannot deny, gymming, besides about sport and health, it was prioritized to sculpture a body desired by many.

Then when you do competitive sports, it was about winnig and victory.

But now looking back, if u want to Build a phyique, do it because you want to have a healthy life style.

Do it because you want to feel good about yourself

Do itself because you want to look good in the clothes you would like to wear to enhance your image and personality.

Do it because you love yourself and want to have fun while you sweat to detox and destress yourself

Anything, but to please others, or to put others down , just because you know you have a body that many are dying to have

ps it is not a must to have a gymbod just because you are gay. If you are happy and can accept how you look like, you don't have to force yourself to conform to please others. For everyone of us, has our own self worth and admirers

Edited by TheVisitors

Oh please, let's get real. This so-called "gym-bod" will not put food on the table - not unless you're an underwear model or a prostitute.

I would feel far more insecure if I didn't have any money. It's all about MONEY. Money, money, money.

Look at the world around you - a rich FAT man can still easily get a pretty young wife, as long as he has plenty of money.

A poor man with a fantastic gym bod - well, the best he can do is sell his body and become a prostitute.

You young people need to get real and get your priorities right.

Guest Ironrod

Oh please, let's get real. This so-called "gym-bod" will not put food on the table - not unless you're an underwear model or a prostitute.

I would feel far more insecure if I didn't have any money. It's all about MONEY. Money, money, money.

Look at the world around you - a rich FAT man can still easily get a pretty young wife, as long as he has plenty of money.

A poor man with a fantastic gym bod - well, the best he can do is sell his body and become a prostitute.

Doesn't apply to gays or at least gays from developed countries.

We are guys we can feed ourselves, we don't need a rich husband to tell us off when we are old.

But thanks for your input FT.

This thread is beyond hilarious. If you're good looking and have a kick-ass body. Guys and girls will come flocking to you asking you out. ;) If you're ugly and muscular, you have less people admiring you. :whistle: Unless you're really hideous with a slamming body, some people would still want to have fun with you, with a paper bag. Just saying. But I wouldn't have fun with anyone ugly even if they have a body made of steel! :yuk:

If everyone thinks like you, money money money all the time, we all will be living in a very very sad pathetic world like yours.

Unfortunately for you, whatever talents you claimed to have, failed to make you see life beyond the material.

Quite true, many pple associate gym with gays. Many pple tot guys who go to gym mostly are gays, and majority of guys in the gym are gays!

Having a gym bod confirm will improve on ur confidence and appearance, and pple wld attract or interested in u. Although doesnt mean if u dun have gym bod, u will be left on shelve. I think if u r ugly but have a muscular bod, at least something to compensate. Imagine if u r ugly plus no gym bod, then maybe the person might feel insecure.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Curiousnazrul
Who cares what people think. If I do it, I do it because I want to, and for my health. Not to please anyone.

I agree with jayy. I frequent the gym not to satisfy societal requirements but rather to make myself happy and to keep healthy. Exercising should be more than the desire to look hot or to attract people, but rather, to maintain a certain level of health and fitness.

Guest shenderz

I still find some of the answers deluded. Most people are so brain washed without realizing it.

My qn is still not answered. Why must it be gym to boost health? My suspicion is tat the vanity factor plays a greater part.

I stand to be corrected.

Guest Kendall

One wants a gymbod to be physically desired.

For the physically desirabiliy attracts attention, looks good on nice clothes; this, more often than not, leads to relationships or simply, sex. Sounds shallow? But that really is the main reason why one gyms so hard!

For those who claimed to gym for reasons of health, feel strong & fit, o come on, you are simply being hypocritical!

Fort those who thinks that money is more important than the physical desirability, you are merely comforting yourself!!

Guest Ironrod
I still find some of the answers deluded. Most people are so brain washed without realizing it. My qn is still not answered. Why must it be gym to boost health? My suspicion is tat the vanity factor plays a greater part. I stand to be corrected.

Nobody says gym is the ONLY way to boost health.

You asked and ppl nicely answer.

If u have a "GROUP" of friends, go ahead play soccer, play basketball, play water polo.

Most of us are working adult and we just want to swim and gym to keep ourselves fit.

We can't always wait for a bunch of ppl to do things.

Btw go gym does not mean u will be beautiful, if u stand around and do nothing.

Also I would also advice you to go EARN your own dough, don't ever think having a face and body is good enough to be feed a life time.

Because you are not a woman, divorce will get u nothing.

Lucky this is a forum, else u get more then just words from me.

If everyone thinks like you, money money money all the time, we all will be living in a very very sad pathetic world like yours. Unfortunately for you, whatever talents you claimed to have, failed to make you see life beyond the material.

:clap: :thumb:

I wanted a gym bod too but I'm too lazy to discipline myself to stick to a diet or a gym routine, so my body is neither too fit nor too fat, which makes me neither here or there. But I do feel that I also want a life outside just spending my time gyming and worrying about my diet and induldge in some of the guilty pleasure of good food without having to worry about my weight. So I spend just enough time exercising and gives myself leeways to eat the food I like without having to feel guilty.

Luckily, I hv enough confident and charm to get the attention I want when I want. So I am not complaining much given that I am already an uncle nearing the 50 mark. I am counting my blessing that young guys still find me attractive.

Guest shenderz

I can understand where FT is coming from.

If one has lived long enough, you would realize that people measure you according how thick your wallet is.

That's how this world is constructed.

Edited by shenderz

Guest shenderz
Lucky this is a forum, else u get more then just words from me.

It's no fun when people take things too seriously and personally. What's making u so angry?

It's no fun when people take things too seriously and personally. What's making u so angry?

You make vacuous generalisations such as gym-goers "going to extremes" but have not proffered your view of what extreme means. One person's extreme can be another's regular.

Why are you assuming that all those who go to the gym are gays in pursuit of vanity rather than health? Why are you of the opinion that any other explanation for these people going to the gym regularly is deluded and the product of brainwashed minds?

Obviously you are prejudiced against regular gymgoers who you believe are going to "extremes" (whatever that means).

It puzzles me why you even bother to start this thread when you can't accept other opposing views like those of Ironrod's.

Guest shenderz

I now understand why some forummers like to engage in useless arguments because they misinterpret things and impose their misinterpretations on others.

When a person chooses to discuss a topic, you must first remember that it is nothing personal.

When you realize that it's nothing personal, then there is nothing to argue about, and nothing to defend.

Second, the language. If certain words used makes u feel insulted, please say so. I am willing to apologize.

For those of you who visited my profile, you would read that I like meditations and all that. Then some would attack me personally by saying nasty things regarding meditation.

I feel rather flattered that people take notice of that. But in actual fact, I don't really meditate. I only seek that so called zen state or the zone. If I am there already, I suppose I won't be here engaging this kind of chat.

I am doing this kind of chat, cos I am free and I enjoy it.

My intention is really to raise some issues and get people to reflect on themselves.

I never meant to insult anyone or get personal.

If you choose to get offended, I can't help it.

LIke the famous Carl Jung's saying,

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.

I wanted a gym bod too but I'm too lazy to discipline myself to stick to a diet or a gym routine, so my body is neither too fit nor too fat, which makes me neither here or there. But I do feel that I also want a life outside just spending my time gyming and worrying about my diet and induldge in some of the guilty pleasure of good food without having to worry about my weight. So I spend just enough time exercising and gives myself leeways to eat the food I like without having to feel guilty.

Luckily, I hv enough confident and charm to get the attention I want when I want. So I am not complaining much given that I am already an uncle nearing the 50 mark. I am counting my blessing that young guys still find me attractive.

Super like. The food argument is a strong one. Doesn't seem apparent at first but actually plays a part.

I love to consume sinful food too! And there are many similar simple good things in life that I crave more than just getting the attention of guys with a gymbod. Sure I'd love a gym body myself, but there are other things in life that I prefer to do. I can never find the time to fit in a gym schedule.

Nobody says gym is the ONLY way to boost health.

You asked and ppl nicely answer.

If u have a "GROUP" of friends, go ahead play soccer, play basketball, play water polo.

Most of us are working adult and we just want to swim and gym to keep ourselves fit.

We can't always wait for a bunch of ppl to do things.

Actually, this is quite true.

Working adults often do not have the time to do group exercises and have to resort to flexible exercising such as swimming and gymming. When I was doing an internship on a banking company in another country, I found many of my colleagues (males and females alike) often go gymming as their main means of exercising. Big corporations (such as the bank itself), which can afford to provide welfare to their employees, sometimes also tie up with fitness companies to offer relevant packages to provide more exercising opportunities for their employees too.

I also did a research on physical activity before, and here's minor extract of information pertaining to this issue. Work-life balance and the culture of individualism has largely influenced a shift from team sports to individual ones (The Futurist, 2005), and this trend is also largely reflected in the local context. For example, attendances to gymnasium in Singapore have increased by 233.66% in the past 10 years, while bookings of team-based sports facilities have a comparatively slower growth of 151.23% (Singapore Department of Statistics, 2011).

But I also observed among the younger crowd that there's this certain group of people among my friends who are pretty much abiding to tight gym schedule (despite that they do regular simple exercises in the weekend too), they go there very often, and is definitely concerned beyond the point of health... going so far as to purchase muscle-building milk and such. Nothing wrong with that, it's just to say that gymming on the motif that it is a desirable physical trait is also pervasive in our culture.

Now tats honesty but I beg to differ on money side. Money still makes world go round.

Honestly, I don't really agree to the money rule that much.

Of course, the more money you have, it's easier to indulge in your hedonistic pleasure; which is again desirable, but not critical. With money, I think it's a question of how much is enough. I want lots of money, but I don't need that much anyway. I can settle with less as long as all my basic necessities (and some of those modern-day secondary ones like internet bill and a brand new handphone too, lol) are met. Another billion is welcomed, but not at the expense of other important things in life.

This is reflected in our daily lives situation. Like, I think some of us understand that we prefer to work in a company that offer less wages, but which offer better work-life balance, or the job scope of which is more to of our passion. Or like among my student friends, who sometimes settle for lesser amount of financial grant in exchange for peace of mind because they don't want to carry lots of financial burden to pay back once they graduate.

And when it comes to relationship (I don't know if I'm getting on a slightly unpopular opinion here), I would still prefer an ordinary financially capable good man over a rich asshole.

Guest shenderz

8. Mean people

They suck, as the popular bumper sticker of the 1990s put it. Now, good writers welcome healthy debate and differences of opinion. But mean people often mistake their opinions for facts (admittedly, there are some gray areas there), and fail to recognize that a difference of opinion does not require threats of bodily harm. Also, using nastiness and foul language (and/or all caps) makes the mean person seem insane — it does not convince anyone of the validity of his opinion (in fact, it does the opposite). I am saying this in an effort to help all readers make themselves better understood.

Anonymity, of course, is one reason for the mean person’s stridency: a certain type of coward will say anything when he doesn’t have to attach his real name to it. And writing an anonymous attack screed on the Web is one way, I guess, for angry-at-the-world people to release some frustration. We should pity them.

9. People who engage with mean people

You can’t cure crazy with a comment reply. Don’t try. Ignore mean people, and they’re likely to go away.

My apologies, only read this from another thread on the worst forummers. Will remember that.

I now understand why some forummers like to engage in useless arguments because they misinterpret things and impose their misinterpretations on others. When a person chooses to discuss a topic, you must first remember that it is nothing personal. When you realize that it's nothing personal, then there is nothing to argue about, and nothing to defend. Second, the language. If certain words used makes u feel insulted, please say so. I am willing to apologize. For those of you who visited my profile, you would read that I like meditations and all that. Then some would attack me personally by saying nasty things regarding meditation. I feel rather flattered that people take notice of that. But in actual fact, I don't really meditate. I only seek that so called zen state or the zone. If I am there already, I suppose I won't be here engaging this kind of chat. I am doing this kind of chat, cos I am free and I enjoy it. My intention is really to raise some issues and get people to reflect on themselves. I never meant to insult anyone or get personal. If you choose to get offended, I can't help it. LIke the famous Carl Jung's saying, Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.

Pot, kettle, black much? Look who's getting personal now?

You still haven't answered why you wrongfully assumed that all those who go to the gym are gays in pursuit of vanity rather than health?

You still haven't explained why you were of the opinion that any other explanation for these people going to the gym regularly is deluded and the product of brainwashed minds?

Guest shenderz
Pot, kettle, black much? Look who's getting personal now? You still haven't answered why you wrongfully assumed that all those who go to the gym are gays in pursuit of vanity rather than health? You still haven't explained why you were of the opinion that any other explanation for these people going to the gym regularly is deluded and the product of brainwashed minds?

Please go away, u anonymous hantu!

Please go away, u anonymous hantu!

This response is disappointing. I expected a much more considered, erudite response from you - looks like my expectation of you was too high.

Instead of taking the opportunity to explain and/or justify your assumptions about regular gymgoers, you prefer to indulge in your biases and accuse all your other critics such as Ironrod etc for getting personal.

In addition, you also engage in namecalling ("anonymous hantu").

Please don't bore me with your reply. We all know you can't be capable of any better reply. This will be my last post to you in this thread.

Guest shenderz

Okay, for the sake of healthy discussion.

When I used the words deluded and brainwashed, I come from a certain mindset that it is human nature to self-deceive because we often do not want to face the truth, so we come up with excuses and justifications. That's why we have many psychological defences that we are not aware of. Also we are often conditioned to think in a certain way. Just think religion and parental influences.

Fair enough, if you don't like those two words, I can easily change the sentence to, "I still find some of the answers not very truthful. Most people are so conditioned in their thinking without realizing it."

This is a general condition that affects everyone, including me, that's why i favour buddhism, which teaches us to put down our delusional mind. So are you going to question those masters who tell us to put down our delusional minds?

I never assume that people go to gym because they are vain. If you insist that you do it for health reasons, I have to accept it. Who am I to judge? Different people do the same thing for different reasons.

I have nothing against people who gym, even those who gym religiously. If given a chance to make love to a drop dead gorgeous gymbod, who would resist it? Not me.

Edited by shenderz

Woo, never to my notice that GM is an uncle at age of 50.

Uncle GM (You are always my Bro GM), you have my hat off ~!

Guest shenderz

I enjoyed reading replies of most forummers. Some are witty, some are intelligent but I like those with balanced and mature views cos it makes u feel that can learn something.

There is no point in winning arguments. I dun find it fun at all.

If u take a closer look, it's never about what is being said or written, but the tone.

Read those with a quarrelsome or accusatory tone. It's always u this or u tat.

Guest shenderz

You really have to learn to deal with ur own ego when u expect others to meet ur expectations.

Life doesn't go this way.

This response is disappointing. I expected a much more considered, erudite response from you - looks like my expectation of you was too high.

Instead of taking the opportunity to explain and/or justify your assumptions about regular gymgoers, you prefer to indulge in your biases and accuse all your other critics such as Ironrod etc for getting personal.

In addition, you also engage in namecalling ("anonymous hantu").

Please don't bore me with your reply. We all know you can't be capable of any better reply. This will be my last post to you in this thread.

Guest shenderz

If everyone thinks like you, money money money all the time, we all will be living in a very very sad pathetic world like yours.

Unfortunately for you, whatever talents you claimed to have, failed to make you see life beyond the material.

This is an example of a remark tat is uncalled for.

(Sorry visitors tat I hv to use this as an example. I enjoy reading most of ur posting nonetheless.)

By doing tat u killed off healthy discussion and I know tat ft is mature enough to not retort.

Ft must hv seen a lot tat led him to make tat statement. Remember tat he stays overseas

By engaging him, he might hv opened us up to a world we might hv no knowledge of and thereby learn something new.

When someone says something tat contradicts our world view, it only means tat he has had diff experiences tat led to what he said.

But often times we cannot tolerate those different views and we take insult.

What u said as a reaction is only a reflection of who u r, more than anything else.

So for those of u who feel affronted by ft, it is likely tat u hv somehow felt insulted or embarrassed in a situation involving money and u feel tat u hv not achieved much in career or financially.

And those of u annoyed by what I said, even though I never meant it, it is likely tat u r a fervent gym goer who picked it up initially to make urself attractive. And since u hv achieved tat objective, u then convince urself tat it is for health reasons.

Attacking another person is never the best form of defence. It is inner exploration that is.

Edited by shenderz

Shenderz

Is it because no guys approach her in the gym that's why she thinks the men who go to the gym are gay??? Anyway my view is we human like to be rewarded for something we do. If gymbod is one of the rewards for going to workout or exercise, why wouldn't one go for it? Of course there are other rewards for exercising and workout which other members have mentioned.

Guest shenderz

No la, she said that only out of insecurity and prejudice against gays. (She is married btw and is now pregnant)

She is a teacher btw. I have only known her for 5 months and we spoke like 3 sentences altogether (cos we met at the canteen and I din wan to appear as too unsociable), despite having rubbed shoulders 200 times?

Guest shenderz
Shenderz Is it because no guys approach her in the gym that's why she thinks the men who go to the gym are gay??? Anyway my view is we human like to be rewarded for something we do. If gymbod is one of the rewards for going to workout or exercise, why wouldn't one go for it? Of course there are other rewards for exercising and workout which other members have mentioned.

Of course there is nothing wrong with wanting a gymbod as a reward.

But usually, it's more than that, like having sex with another gymbod. LOL

Prejudice against gay I can understand. But for insecurity I believe is because sometimes there is some body contact which can happens to all people. After all, it takes quite a huge effort for us gay to want to go and touch the body of a woman.

Guest Curiousnazrul

This thread is getting hilarious. So much bitchiness and angst. Well, my personal reason as to why I work out at the gym's because I'm a law student and I don't have the luxury of time to engage in sports and socializing after such activities. The gym is a time where I can focus on nothing else but myself and my health and also helps me think over the things I have done and will need to do. Kind of therapeutic for me.

Guest Ironrod

You make vacuous generalisations such as gym-goers "going to extremes" but have not proffered your view of what extreme means. One person's extreme can be another's regular.

Why are you assuming that all those who go to the gym are gays in pursuit of vanity rather than health? Why are you of the opinion that any other explanation for these people going to the gym regularly is deluded and the product of brainwashed minds?

Obviously you are prejudiced against regular gymgoers who you believe are going to "extremes" (whatever that means).

It puzzles me why you even bother to start this thread when you can't accept other opposing views like those of Ironrod's.

I have to thank this guest for taking effort to explain my point of view :D

I was too lazy to type lol

So I'm an uncle or bro? Anyway, the worst part of being an uncle is having ppl says I'm cute. So I'll tell them that I'm too old to be called cute. So marriedtop are u still cute?

Woo, never to my notice that GM is an uncle at age of 50.

Uncle GM (You are always my Bro GM), you have my hat off ~!

A gym body is definitely attractive, but for me, a gym body is just for a one night stand. When u enter a LTR, a gym body is just a bonus. If the guy does not have wat we call "intelligence" and a "mind", no matter how hot his body, he would just be a kid who has been born with a good physique......

Yes a nice gym body should be good for fxxkfest in one night when 2 hot bodies at the same level rubbing on each other, but it is not hot anymore when a nice gym body with no head can not match the level you have. Who wants to get a bf when the levels of IQ and EQ between u and him are really much unequal?

And in fact, the hotter the guys, the more dangerous and unfaithful they are, the more unsecured you feel. That's the way it is.....

This is an example of a remark tat is uncalled for.

(Sorry visitors tat I hv to use this as an example. I enjoy reading most of ur posting nonetheless.)

By doing tat u killed off healthy discussion and I know tat ft is mature enough to not retort.

Ft must hv seen a lot tat led him to make tat statement. Remember tat he stays overseas

By engaging him, he might hv opened us up to a world we might hv no knowledge of and thereby learn something new.

When someone says something tat contradicts our world view, it only means tat he has had diff experiences tat led to what he said.

But often times we cannot tolerate those different views and we take insult.

What u said as a reaction is only a reflection of who u r, more than anything else.

So for those of u who feel affronted by ft, it is likely tat u hv somehow felt insulted or embarrassed in a situation involving money and u feel tat u hv not achieved much in career or financially.

And those of u annoyed by what I said, even though I never meant it, it is likely tat u r a fervent gym goer who picked it up initially to make urself attractive. And since u hv achieved tat objective, u then convince urself tat it is for health reasons.

Attacking another person is never the best form of defence. It is inner exploration that is.

I am not even attacking him, just reminding him , that there are finer things in life we forgot that it is free, but yet we took them for granted.

Love, true friendship, trust , compassion, mercy, , and other simple joy, like your family's support, or a simple smile from a child that brightens your day. All these free, yet they have an intrigue value that no amount of money or gold can't buy .

Because we , as humans, have been conditioned, and taught, only to value things that comes with a price tag. The higher it is priced, the more we hold on to it and guard it so fiercely , that we have simply forgot to appreciate the finer intangibe things in life that are priceless beyond all other things

I once met a straight couple who have cash and assets here and overseas that are worth multi-million Yet they are so down to earth, humble, and even treat a road sweeper with equal respect as that to a Queen.

She is 57 but looks radiantly 43, and he 65, but look so handsome and healthy like a 48.

Their true ingredient to youth , health and happiness is to see beyond all these material, totally zen, unaffected by the obession over how much they can profit and can get.

And he told me, " Even should I lose everything one day, it really doesn't matter, because I am grateful that Life has given me an opportunity to experience what is like to be living a rich man's life."

But the finally wisdom he imparted me was this punchline - " that things that can be counted, are not so important "

So do you understanding what is he trying to convey here?

I must admit, money and material things are important to earn and to have, but it is not the most important aim in the world that you become so overly obessed, that,you start to lose grip of yourself, or even your soul.

Money is not the root of evil, but rather , it is your attitude towards it, that will determine, whether it will enhance the quality of your own life, or destroy you totally.

Unfortunately I do not agree with you. Just because you yourself thinks FT lives abroad and is well travelled, thus will automatically award him more rights to know more than others.

He is not an elite here.

In my eyes, when we come to this forum, we all are equal , with the common intention to share our knowledge with each other, so as to enhance our awareness of things, and perhaps enrich our thinking, althought, we may have differences, frictions, or arguements along the way.

You may be well travelled, you may be rich, but if you do not have that personality, grace, class or even the wisdom to parallely uphold with all your accumulated status, you are just as poor and crude ,as any Tom Dick or Harry living in the Slums.

Thus it is not wrong to say, Class cannot be bought.

Some of us are even more well travelled than FT

Some of us here, have travelled to places he have not even heard of

Some of us have done things which he has not done nor experienced.'

Therefore, just because, we do not post all our past travel and life experiences, that doesn't mean he knows more than us.

Frankly, I enjoy reading Chelseasian"s postings. He lives in New York, and travels quite abit. Yet he is humble when he post his travelling or life experiences, without having to constantly remind us that " I live abroad and travel alot,and so I know more than you " attitude in his postings.

The eyes and heart, must sometimes, learn to see and appreciate things which are beyond priced tangibles.

Gym bod or not, we all have such a limited time on this earth. What contains within the mercy of time, will one day age, rot, subject to entropy.and finally, death.

How we want to treat our body , is one thing. But able to learn the wisdoms and appreciate intangible insights from all our life's experience, no matter how good or bad they were, is another, are choices only you can decide for yourself, that will ultimately affect the quality of your health, mind, and even a soul that you cannot even see

• Guest locked this topic