Male HQ

Are The A&f Boys pxxn Or Art?

pittsburgh

So, the hype this past week is on the toned and sculpted A&F boys parading in front of their company store on Orchard Road. But did people appreciate that body-building can be such a refined art and also appreciate the artistic concept behind having the models form a human wall around the building, making the human concrete and the concrete human? So, I would like to ask if people had thought the A&F boys to be art to amuse or pxxn to abuse (I'm sure many of you have wanked to one or two of them, in photo or in fantasy)? Read: http://www.feveravenue.com/the-singaporean-man-vs-abercrombie/

Not even frontal nudity or action of intercourse, how to consider as pxxn?

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

I think it's more of art to excite rather than to amuse. When you speak about how the concept of making the human concrete and the concrete human, I feel the main intention of the art piece was to emphasise on the chiseled bodies as forms of bricks n cement (semen) and also as a representation of Man being the building blocks of growth and society. So, in two different aspects, one from a sexual viewpoint of the male body and the other about the basis of community.

However, if we were to discuss on the general public's appreciation towards the event, I feel that public perception has skewed the artistic perspective of such a piece. With the sizeable amount of controversy based on cultural taboos coupled with sexual perversion of the modern mind, the art piece has failed to convey its message. Due to the trends of contemporary mass media, we are easily satisfied by instant gratification and media has "dumbed down" abstract concepts to meet our satisfaction. The public was not present to appreciate the art, moreso on the contrary, to appreciate the male body in its most sexual form, equating it to pxxnography.

wow...how did I just write that out? Lol pretentious essay

Spectacle for the masses sure, but art? Surely that's over-reaching. It's not really an installation nor performance and it doesn't have the aggressive deliberation of a supposed message. There certainly are some interesting train of thoughts but they really do figure out as digressions, things you wonder in spare time- to the whole hubbub going on- imo at least.

Should have at least bought a bed for them to jump on.

As pxxn? Well... I suppose people wank to anything attractive by their standards, no? ;)

Edited by schmuckisms

Just a rhetorical question, but can something be a pxxn and an art at the same time?

The A&F boys, for that matter, are neither to me. Just a publicity stunt designed to build buzz. I'm not going to wank to that or anything.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Minus the marketing strategy, didn't anyone think it takes hard work to perfect the ART of body-sculpting (diet, facials, waxing, gymming)? Minus the sex, what differentiates a fashion model and a pxxn actor?

The guys at A&F are definitely artistic and not pxxnographic. The difference between a model and a pxxn actor is that the former does not perform any sex act but just project his best image to the audiences.

It's like, "If I want pxxn, I'd head for the swimming pool."

No, of course it isn't pxxn.

Edited by XiaoMessy

How to seek revenge 101: Know him. Befriend him. Make him trust you wholeheartedly. Destroy him. Utterly.

By typing this I fear no one's gonna friend me. :c

Art? lol. It's nothing more than just cheap commercial marketing for the masses. You should go to museums and art galleries to see what art is.

It is definitely not a cheap commercial to employ so many guys from all over the world to come to Singapore. Beauty of a human being is a form of art and those in the museums or art galleries are just other forms of art.

The fine line between art and pxxn, is eroticism.

Aesthetically alluring to arouse your senses, yet unable to give you a shot of orgasm on the spot.

Its soft sex selling, with the into your face message " You don't look that good as us, unless you buy our clothes ( stuff)

Being to AF stores in States. I don't quite like their staff attitude. I can say, they are pretty plastic. They tend to serve whites better, or if you have the looks and bods.

Their quality of their stuff, are pretty average, won't survive beyond 12 washings and very over price.

USD$80-90 for a normal strip shirt, you kidding me ?

Watch this !

-

Guest shopper

I went to their shop and I must say they must have spent alot of money hiring young good looking staff ( mostly students, i think). Also quite a few of those aggressive angmo lady supervisors around giving instructions to the staff. There are still some topless models greeting you at the entrance and can take pict. too.

Anyway, saw many female shoppers (more than guys). There are quite alot of people buying so biz must be very good for them ( maybe just opened not long). Clothing quality seems on par with the rest of the brands like Ralph laurent, Tommy hilfiger...etc. Likewise the prize range. I personally feel it is not cheap but then again clothing from our friendly local shops such as sportsmanasia and NUM are not cheap either..etc

A few things i don't like

1. The sales floor comprises of 3 levels and each level is divided into many sections and can be quite confusing.

2. The place is so dim

3. The music is too loud i.e. pubs..

4. The changing rooms are located downstair and one cute boy stays on guard and opens the door for you to try your clothing (maybe this should be under what i like kekekeke).

5. Yes some of the staff attitude are pretty plastic but most are quite friendly and helpful. The angmo serving me is gorgeous but a bit lost (maybe new).

Maybe anyone been there can share their encounters.

are they any difference from agogo boy?

yeah, the A&F boys are like agogo boys in Manila and Bangkok, parading around topless and waiting for you put cash (indirectly) in their pants! it's still sleazy trade like advertisements using their flesh and skin to selling anything from watches to mattresses, except A&F's is 3D and you can touch them (unlike art: see no touch).

Anyone know whr they gym?

Dude, they are brought in from various locations around the world that has A&F outlets. Why don't u ask them? :P

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

yeah, the A&F boys are like agogo boys in Manila and Bangkok, parading around topless and waiting for you put cash (indirectly) in their pants! it's still sleazy trade like advertisements using their flesh and skin to selling anything from watches to mattresses, except A&F's is 3D and you can touch them (unlike art: see no touch).

U touched any of the A&F guys?

Minus the marketing strategy, didn't anyone think it takes hard work to perfect the ART of body-sculpting (diet, facials, waxing, gymming)?

Minus the sex, what differentiates a fashion model and a pxxn actor?

I think hard work alone does not justify the creation of art. I'm sure lots of resources and a truckload of producers/songwriters/etc put their hard work to polish Justin Bieber's 'Baby' into a billion-dollar worth tune. Does it make it an art? Nah.

The human body is a great medium to carry artistic expression, though. Of course, the natural question that follows here then is what is being expressed. We could all agree that, on this particular case, it boils down to the marketing. Marketing strategy, as some other thread contributors have pointed out, can be an art too. At the core of marketing is the art of persuasion; but that being said, I'm not sure I'm going to put A&F's stunt into the Best Marketing Practices Hall of Fame. It's pure gimmicks, at best.

It doesn't exactly falls under p0rn, either, because the basic requirement for p0rnography is for it to be explicit. If shirtless models parading around Orchard Road is already p0rnography, I lobby the government to ban the Twilight saga and all those Hollywood movies for the indecent content, lol.

A&F boys are just publicity gimmicks, or at best, admirable eye-candies. Let's keep it as simple as that lol.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Have any of you watched pxxn videos which are artistically made: like some German gays would dance around the dildos with synchronised choreography or Bruce Labruce's filmic narratives or, if you been to Bangkok Prapong Soi 2, they have acrobatic pxxn with guys pole-dancing and swinging, hanging, fxxking with colorful props and staging...?

• Guest locked this topic