Male HQ

Let's Talk Fashion!

jeeves

I've recently been intrigued by how people dress. Whether it's a pair of shorts and Havainas flip flops, I love looking at people dress up!

SO.. LET'S TALK FASHION! Menswear or Womenswear trends, Fashion Do's and Dont's, Fashion Questions ANYTHING!

Lemme get the ball rolling..

Talk about Chanel's PF 2012 collection in Bombay. Jaw dropping-ly BEAUTIFUL. I mean, Karl can do NO wrong. He even made Baptiste Giabaconi look even hotter than he already is!

:thumb:

Edited by jeeves

the last paragraph that you wrote i have completely blew me out of this world. Hahahahaha. the only thing i know is Chanel, and Baptist Giabaconi.. Okay i shall go google what is the collection in Bombay now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJs3HG21LkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvk_OfBmKI

lol honestly i just skipped to watch Baptist. yeh he is hot, somehow look better than the other male runway model there

Edited by Spencer

tumblr_lw697qUJPl1qbnt4vo1_500.png

Yup, he’s gay! Francisco Lachowski has confirmed his sexuality for the first time to gay newsmagazine The Advocate. The highly sought-after Brazilian-Polish Ford model, who has appeared in campaigns for designers from Gucci to Versace, will give his first interview to The Advocate after many denied requests. The Advocate and other media had previously criticized Lachowski, 20, for not confirming what many have called the “open secret” of his sexual orientation. Prior to his coming out, he was linked to Yana Dwyer. The Advocate will release Lachowski’s statement - along with a photoshoot by Rion Sabean - in their February 2012 issue.

dug that out from my tumblr.

i also like Matthieu Charneau, recently maximillian silberman. he is rocking his tattoo.. oh ya and matthew de la garza

Edited by Spencer

teeehee,

Ford model Francisco Lachowski confirmed his sexuality to the gay magazine, The Advocate.

image%25255B3%25255D.png?imgmax=800

After rumors about his sexual orientation has circulated for quite some time, the 20-year-old Brazilian-Polish model finally came "out of the closet."

Francisco Lachowski started his career in 2009 when he won a modeling contest in São Paulo, for which he was awarded a contract with Ford Models.

He has since then walked the runway for top designers like Gucci, Dior Homme, Versace, Dolce & Gabanna, Roberto Cavalli and Armani among others. He has also appeared on magazine covers and various ad campaigns.

Prior to coming out, he was linked to Yana Dwyer.

The Advocate will release Francisco Lachowski's statement along with a photoshoot by Rion Sabean in the mag's February 2012 issue.

-<a href="http://theultimatefan.blogspot.com/2011/12/francisco-lachowski-comes-out.html">http://theultimatefan.blogspot.com/2011/12/francisco-lachowski-comes-out.html

:D

No offense but can we talk more about mid-end to low-end fashion clothing please, us plebians can't afford such high coUture LOL. Thanks you.
OMG! Look at all the fashion magazines, everything is just high end stuff for men. Come on, we don't earn 5 figures a month. They should have more affordable stuff for us! Edited by jeeves

Matt Gordon looks really good too!

aah you got me, i dont know about him. what about Sean O'pry and Leebo Freeman? Leebo Freeman was once in uniqlo, i love his hair, its so blonde its like white, or was it white. Mateus Verdelho is hot too.

oh wait, its about fashion, not fashion models :X

Guest theOthertruth
OMG! Look at all the fashion magazines, everything is just high end stuff for men. Come on, we don't earn 5 figures a month. They should have more affordable stuff for us!

I totally agree. I read Catalog and I still find their stuff too expensive..but its still more affordable than most fashion mags. I feel that if u know how to pick the right clothing from stores like Uniqlo, Topman, H&M, Cottonon and etc, and know how to match them well, it should be gd enough.

I totally agree. I read Catalog and I still find their stuff too expensive..but its still more affordable than most fashion mags. I feel that if u know how to pick the right clothing from stores like Uniqlo, Topman, H&M, Cottonon and etc, and know how to match them well, it should be gd enough.
YEAH! And even things from Topman are getting more ex, and correct me if I'm wrong, Topman's getting boring.

Guest theOthertruth

YEAH! And even things from Topman are getting more ex, and correct me if I'm wrong, Topman's getting boring.

Right on. I rather get T-shirts from Threadless or G-market then from them. I think River Island is abit pricey but I don't mind the occasional buy there. What's your take on H&M?

i never bought any stuff from ZARA before. although some of their stuff looks good but i never thought its worth it. I bought a few stuff before in TOPMAN like those simple v-neck tee WHICH EVERYONE TOLD ME ITS GAY. (my avatar ironically its one of those tees) a pair of skinny jean (ended up i saw the exact one but they put there vintage slim which do have a little wash out effect) that i love, a purple tee which now i find it ugly and a jacket.

yeh topman, topshop. its a little pricey, and their quality isnt up there to cost that much

Right on. I rather get T-shirts from Threadless or G-market then from them. I think River Island is abit pricey but I don't mind the occasional buy there. What's your take on H&M?
I think H&M is not bad. Pretty friendly on the wallet. But I'm just waiting for their Spring stocks to come in. And with their designer collaborations, they are a cut above the other mid range brands.

Guest theOthertruth

I am thinking of getting a pair of pants/jeans(price not more than $80) and a pair pf 3/4s/bermudas(not more than $50), do give me some credible suggestions on where to buy them. Thanks alot.

i never bought any stuff from ZARA before. although some of their stuff looks good but i never thought its worth it. I bought a few stuff before in TOPMAN like those simple v-neck tee WHICH EVERYONE TOLD ME ITS GAY. (my avatar ironically its one of those tees) a pair of skinny jean (ended up i saw the exact one but they put there vintage slim which do have a little wash out effect) that i love, a purple tee which now i find it ugly and a jacket. yeh topman, topshop. its a little pricey, and their quality isnt up there to cost that much

I don't buy stuff from Zara. I prefer grittier and more indie clothing. Topman is really going down the drain, I regret getting my 3/4s from them.

Edited by theOthertruth

I am thinking of getting a pair of pants/jeans(price not more than $80) and a pair pf 3/4s/bermudas(not more than $50), do give me some credible suggestions on where to buy them. Thanks alot. I don't buy stuff from Zara. I prefer grittier and more indie clothing. Topman is really going down the drain, I regret getting my 3/4s from them.
It depends on your body type. I think Giordano and Cotton On have nice casual shorts & Topman have nice 'dress up' shorts. Pants wise, I'm not sure. Maybe try Bugis? Hardly anything is less than $80.

I am thinking of getting a pair of pants/jeans(price not more than $80) and a pair pf 3/4s/bermudas(not more than $50), do give me some credible suggestions on where to buy them. Thanks alot.

I don't buy stuff from Zara. I prefer grittier and more indie clothing. Topman is really going down the drain, I regret getting my 3/4s from them.

you bought three-quarters from topman? wow you are rich! hahaha it look good but the number look fabulous as well so i never had the courage to whip out money from my wallet to get one. unless its jean. Shorts wise, i got a levi's denim short which i love and a white shorts from some marina square shop which i bought. Oh! i bought those cotton on short as well, the 1 that is above knee length and look like a beach short. its nice to wear around casually.

I would spend on Cotton On than any other shop. So far I havent bought anything from H&M. seem too overrated atm

Guest theOthertruth

you bought three-quarters from topman? wow you are rich! hahaha it look good but the number look fabulous as well so i never had the courage to whip out money from my wallet to get one. unless its jean. Shorts wise, i got a levi's denim short which i love and a white shorts from some marina square shop which i bought. Oh! i bought those cotton on short as well, the 1 that is above knee length and look like a beach short. its nice to wear around casually.

I would spend on Cotton On than any other shop. So far I havent bought anything from H&M. seem too overrated atm

It was on discount that's why I bought it la. Realised that the design and quality is run-of-the mill after a few wears. Levi's is ex leh I don't dare to buy denims from them, only their subsidary brand Denizen.

Actually I think uniqlo is not bad if you know how to filter the crap out.

It depends on your body type. I think Giordano and Cotton On have nice casual shorts & Topman have nice 'dress up' shorts. Pants wise, I'm not sure. Maybe try Bugis? Hardly anything is less than $80.

are you serious giordano have nice casual shorts??? I bought the shorts before wore the first time not bad but after one wash, i regret buying them!! For cotton on i felt the material is so tin not worth the money i guess, perfer buying stuff from esprit or maybe fox.

perhaps because i like wearing thin fabrics. but no eh, the few cotton on stuff i got isnt that thin actually.

and well i love the Levi's Denim i have. its the best i ever have. Maybe you can wait until Levi's got that trade in your old jean for $50. or $100 kind of stuff.

I bought 1 giordano short because and before i know it. the fabric wear thin and thus creating a hole at the bottom :(

I would still prefer light fabric and body hugging tee :) not too thick because than i will feel like suffocating

do you spell check every single word that you said outside from the internet world?

come on you will misspell something sometime or didnt phrase the sentence properly..

and yeh. all my friends have different style. there is the ed hardy guy with tattoo.. oversized tee and legging who like peircing kind of girl. quick silver and very matrep. lol my friend all have different style.

its who you are that make you dress the way you are.

are you serious giordano have nice casual shorts??? I bought the shorts before wore the first time not bad but after one wash, i regret buying them!! For cotton on i felt the material is so tin not worth the money i guess, perfer buying stuff from esprit or maybe fox.
Esprit and Fox are not within The Other Truth's budget la. But Fox has nice berms and Esprit berms are overpriced.

My two cents' worth: Pick a side and stick to it: "Always" vs "Just Recently", that's an oxymoron. Not attacking what you're saying here, just letting you know. Also, it's "jeans", not "jean" unless you do walk around wearing one denim on one leg. Then perhaps that's fine. Now on to fashion. I think the most important rule here is to dress as the person you are, not the person you want to be. I believe that once you get that, you can pull off whatever outfit you wear. Of course, there are some outfits that are a little too out there but some people can pull them off, so kudos to them. But yes, ultimately, if you try to dress like someone else, you're outfit is just going to be a costume. So you can be preppy, you can be indie, or you can be a laid back casual person; if you dress like the person you are, you'll be comfortable and the world will believe it. By the way, I'm not saying money is not an issue, but I'd rather pay more for something from Zara and Topman if it looks better and is of better quality than those sold at Bugis Street. They may not be the best quality, but you get what you pay for. It's just unfortunate that good clothing is slightly pricier.
Thanks for pointing that out! And yeah I would pay a little more for something of better quality too. But in times like these, I would just stick to basics (simple tshirts) and some investment pieces (cardigan, leather jacket, jeans). These can be mixed and matched to be worn on many occasions.

no budgetary constraints? hmmm... i have no idea.. some checkered shirt and skinny jean and a toms maybe? LOL i suck. maybe get many bowtie those which you manually have to tie them because i love bowtie. No cardigan for me because I look wide in it.

But than again i love to wear singlet, singlets and shorts. so hard to choose...

Guest theOthertruth

Esprit and Fox are not within The Other Truth's budget la. But Fox has nice berms and Esprit berms are overpriced.

I should be able to find sth barely within my range for Fox but Esprit is too expensive. But their berms/3/4s are really nice. Hopefully I could afford to buy a pair from them in near future. Oh i love hoodies too, because I like to be low-profile.

We should really go shopping soon I swear lol.

I should be able to find sth barely within my range for Fox but Esprit is too expensive. But their berms/3/4s are really nice. Hopefully I could afford to buy a pair from them in near future. Oh i love hoodies too, because I like to be low-profile. We should really go shopping soon I swear lol.
When when??

Shit, I am late but ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT MALE MODELS? I HAVE MY OWN TUMBLR GALORE. :twisted:

P.S. FRANCO IS GAY AHSDHASHDHASDHASHDHASDHAFHASHFASDAD. I always thought he has a gf! That little sneak!

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

Back to the fashion topic, I don't really like to go by brands (but brands do give a better standard of designs and material). But I do give myself some brands once in a while just for the sake of having them.

I am part of the cheapo people who gets shirts cheap.

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

Guest theOthertruth

When when??

Somewhere after Christmas? You organise la hahaha.

Or we can co-organise. lol. Wonder if brrendy and spencer are still interested,

Edited by theOthertruth

er well if you scoll up a litter bit we already have cleared up the francisco is gay part :) I thought Andrej Pejic already have a boyfriend?

I know, but it's news to me. I've stopped reading about models and stuffs since a couple of months ago, and I last read that he was straight and had a gf.