Male HQ

Water Spa @ Havlock

Guest MarkBS

6 hours ago, badkarma said:

Having sampled every one there, I must say Waterspa is under-rated and deserves better patronage. Unfortunately, its rates are the steepest amongst the big boys, so business is understandably crimped.

The staff, with the possible exception of Lester, are superlatively friendly, unlike those of the brother spa Shuang. Lester is sometimes moody but then if I had to come all the way from JB daily, I would be more than moody!

Lester from Gary

Shoulder tattoo?

From time immemorial, Shuang and Waterspa have this nasty habit of NOT promoting their promotions! They reckon if you dunno about the promotions, then you are not entitled to the discounts, freebies, etc. So if they actually have a discount during the afternoon lull period and you dunno about it, too bad, they wont tell you and you wont get any discount. Such nasty business practices will backfire surely!

• 1 month later...

Oh my god. This is the worst place ever. 

They got me a masseur who was breathing so heavily, trying to massage my back. When I told him that he needed to go harder, he became rough. He could not tell the difference between providing strength and being rough. And while being rough, he was breathing so heavily that I thought he was going to pass out. I decided to stop the massage and they just led me out, with everyone on their mobiles. Nobody looked up to address this issue. 87 dollars for someone to spread oil over my back for 30 mins. 

Honestly, this place is to be avoided. Or maybe I am given a masseur who seems incapable of doing a decent and almost decent massage. 

• 3 months later...

I went last week and one of the worst experience ever.

Same like @vwoolf masseur (in his 50s) who was breathing so heavily and looked tired. The oil used was warm but no any smell or good smell. Inside room also no pleasant smell at all. After doing massage, at the end asked for extra money for extra service. I was already disappointed and I said no and then thing did not go well after that. He did not want to do massage after that and just rubbing his hands here and there. I will never go there again.

Yes I couldn’t agree more. When I first went there, I didn’t know anyone so they ‘assigned’ me one and had very similar bad experience as above. But later on I got like Derrick or Lester when the massage and service was bit better. But I must say all their masseurs are quite ‘aged’ and I hope more younger ones will come. 

• 3 weeks later...