Male HQ

Magic The Gathering!

Tynamo

On 10/13/2016 at 10:26 AM, hayhay said:

Usually I lay land go

Sounds like the best play there is :) 

On 10/18/2016 at 7:55 AM, Puuri said:

would like to play back.. i think i still have my previous deck with me.. like very previous deck:redface:

What did you use to play? Like what's your deck type?

• 3 months later...
On 07/02/2017 at 10:16 PM, typhoonjoe said:

yep!  there's a regular group that meets to play edh on saturdays but i haven't joined them for a while - not sure if they're still going strong

Well we are still active and would welcome anyone who wants to join us :D if you're new to Magic and want to try it out, we have preconstructed decks to get you into the game

• 1 month later...
On 07/02/2017 at 10:16 PM, typhoonjoe said:

yep!  there's a regular group that meets to play edh on saturdays but i haven't joined them for a while - not sure if they're still going strong

AJ MTG group as well?

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking to get back into MTG. Only played for a few months in 2013 (found an old promo card with the date printed) so actually almost like a total newbie now.

My deck is obviously super outdated by now so I'm gonna have to get a lot of new cards before I can play Standard.

Currently planning to go play Drafts or Sealed to get cards, but if anyone got a spare deck and wants to play together I'm keen. :)

Update I guess: I played 2 drafts, 1 on Friday and 1 today.

Went into the first draft blind and ended up picking really bad cards and making a really bad deck.

Today's draft was better. I researched the good cards for draft (but wasn't able to take many <_<) and managed to win a few games.

1 match win is still 1 pack though.

Also bought the singles to build my budget AF Standard deck so looking forward to trying it at FNM and hope I don't get crushed too badly.

Still looking for friends to play the game with.

Edited by owl9

• 5 months later...

Let me try to revive this topic. Are there any of you guys who play regularly or semi regularly? I draft sometimes at shops but would love to get a group to brew and play test and maybe aim to go to MagicFest in BKK this year... I have my own place so can host games in clementi. We can of course weave in other social activities too. PM me or leave me a message.

• 8 months later...
22 hours ago, curious_boi said:

I play casual pioneer and commander! :D Pioneer is actually quite fun...more fun than modern

I prefer the variability of Singleton formats like EDH cause I get bored easily when games play out all the same way.

Even with EDH I get bored after playing the same deck for a few rounds. >.>

3 hours ago, owl9 said:

I prefer the variability of Singleton formats like EDH cause I get bored easily when games play out all the same way.

Even with EDH I get bored after playing the same deck for a few rounds. >.>

I think booster daft as a format would suit you well =x

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

Hi, I have not followed MTG for years, so just curious, is there any expansion released that is more broken than Urza block? I know cards like Tolarian Academy and Memory Jar really mess up games

Kaladesh , Core Set 2020 and Throne of eldraine I guess. but no where near tolarian academy level lol

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, JoeLchub said:

Usually I will go to PLGH for events..🤗🤗

I haven't played paper magic recently but PLGH is nearest for me. They seem to have a pretty good deal for this prerelease too, can get 1 pack free just by preregistering.

11 hours ago, Dorkable said:

Which format would be more popular? Brawl vs Pioneer.

If you mean paper magic then definitely Pioneer. Brawl is pretty much only played on Arena as far as I can tell. People don't like spending $$ on rotating formats.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/1/2022 at 11:08 PM, Ray_34 said:

Hi, I'm a returning player and just recently started to play casual commander and is really liking this format.

Would like to see if there are playgroups around?

There's quite a few around

• 1 month later...