Male HQ

Pearls Of Wisdom - Collection Of Stories & Quotes (Compiled) [Safe For Work]

Rivrics

1533901_735507829801607_1680631658_n.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

1511168_673352529403123_602897959_n.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

1512462_711010928923196_223622885_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1505175_712171702140452_1676737235_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

its-very-easy-to-judge-someone-elses-act

― J'son M. Lee 

1505557_712956298728659_1199871716_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1517665_474830055961046_1573905598_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

I don't understand the background...

I found it from someone's Facebook. The way I look at it 'If we are prepared, we have the power to do what needed to do leaving no room for anyone to do the unnecessary to take way the joy/power of us doing it.'

Perhaps someone else can try to explain it.  :)

― J'son M. Lee 

1525177_676735505731492_1989161102_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1502284_644855238911348_1065716476_o.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1480687_678929202147705_1446244403_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

76296_496302157078199_1967941219_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1526470_715804735110482_1094461012_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1524779_716998604991095_322890740_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1525730_725040290847319_908943178_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

393701_445050918869990_269480776_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1549528_657370200993185_2018333073_n.png

― J'son M. Lee 

1557617_479066055537446_872232832_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1545030_719022494788706_1664087465_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1499454_683549415050101_578985652_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

Never_Give_Up.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

1538797_742982475720809_1897914564_n.png

― J'son M. Lee 

image_zps531533ab.jpg

LOL!

― J'son M. Lee 

1551624_721778997846389_492714281_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

995278_691945147512777_211160925_n.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

966092_647706618626210_1997396081_o.png

― J'son M. Lee 

friendship-betrayal-quotes-8117.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

quotes-let-go-tony-robbins-600x411.jpg

― J'son M. Lee 

When an old man died in the geriatric ward of a nursing home in an Australian country town, it was believed that he had nothing left of any value.

Later, when the nurses were going through his meager possessions, They found this poem. Its quality and content so impressed the staff that copies were made and distributed to every nurse in the hospital.

One nurse took her copy to Melbourne. The old man's sole bequest to posterity has since appeared in the Christmas editions of magazines around the country and appearing in mags for Mental Health. A slide presentation has also been made based on his simple, but eloquent, poem.

And this old man, with nothing left to give to the world, is now the author of this 'anonymous' poem winging across the Internet.

Cranky Old Man

What do you see nurses? . . .. . .What do you see?

What are you thinking .. . when you're looking at me?

A cranky old man, . . . . . .not very wise,

Uncertain of habit .. . . . . . . .. with faraway eyes?

Who dribbles his food .. . ... . . and makes no reply.

When you say in a loud voice . .'I do wish you'd try!'

Who seems not to notice . . .the things that you do.

And forever is losing . . . . . .. . . A sock or shoe?

Who, resisting or not . . . ... lets you do as you will,

With bathing and feeding . . . .The long day to fill?

Is that what you're thinking?. .Is that what you see?

Then open your eyes, nurse .you're not looking at me.

I'll tell you who I am . . . . .. As I sit here so still,

As I do at your bidding, .. . . . as I eat at your will.

I'm a small child of Ten . .with a father and mother,

Brothers and sisters .. . . .. . who love one another

A young boy of Sixteen . . . .. with wings on his feet

Dreaming that soon now . . .. . . a lover he'll meet.

A groom soon at Twenty . . . ..my heart gives a leap.

Remembering, the vows .. .. .that I promised to keep.

At Twenty-Five, now . . . . .I have young of my own.

Who need me to guide . . . And a secure happy home.

A man of Thirty . .. . . . . My young now grown fast,

Bound to each other . . .. With ties that should last.

At Forty, my young sons .. .have grown and are gone,

But my woman is beside me . . to see I don't mourn.

At Fifty, once more, .. ...Babies play 'round my knee,

Again, we know children . . . . My loved one and me.

Dark days are upon me . . . . My wife is now dead.

I look at the future ... . . . . I shudder with dread.

For my young are all rearing .. . . young of their own.

And I think of the years . . . And the love that I've known.

I'm now an old man . . . . . . .. and nature is cruel.

It's jest to make old age . . . . . . . look like a fool.

The body, it crumbles .. .. . grace and vigor, depart.

There is now a stone . . . where I once had a heart.

But inside this old carcass . A young man still dwells,

And now and again . . . . . my battered heart swells

I remember the joys . . . . .. . I remember the pain.

And I'm loving and living . . . . . . . life over again.

I think of the years, all too few . . .. gone too fast.

And accept the stark fact . . . that nothing can last.

So open your eyes, people .. . . . .. . . open and see.

Not a cranky old man .

Look closer . . . . see .. .. . .. .... . ME!!

Remember this poem when you next meet an older person who you might brush aside without looking at the young soul within. We will all, one day, be there, too!

69563_749166541769069_22217798_n.png

― J'son M. Lee 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.