Male HQ

Hot Spa @ Roxy Square

Guest Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In the good old days, there were health clubs/centres all over Spore like Hotspa and a prominent one in Chinatown called Gold Leaf had 4 great masseurs who went on to helm the other centres when Gold Leaf bit the dust. Max headed to Hotspa, Benny and Eric to HealthSpa at the Badminton Hall, the fourth vanished. HealthSpa was a longtime favourite, with good food and great massage as well as classic towel rub-back at an affordable price. It later moved down the road to GrandLink. Unfortunately, the owner, a non-Chinese, committed suicide after killing his disabled son. Eric went off to the Maldives and Benny remained in the refurbished SpaOne. Regrettably, these were all straight joints but one extraordinary “bi“ spa sprouted up in the form of Diamond. Max moonlighted there as Vic. Diamond was a strange place indeed. The sauna and steam room were gay grounds but people had massage by female masseuses as well in the adjacent rooms. Of course, they had male masseurs, Vic, et all, were there but the presence of females was, to my mind, irreconcilable!

Edited by msgjunkie

2 hours ago, msgjunkie said:

After saying SO MUCH, would I be talking about someone else?!!

Aiya, wanted to confirm before booking...

No need to be so  angry...

5 hours ago, icayui said:

Aiya, wanted to confirm before booking...

No need to be so  angry...

Not anger but ASTONISHMENT!! I may be wasting everybody's time dishing out history but I haven't gone gaga yet talking about a different Max!

Incidentally, Benny is just as good as, if not better than Max at massage and rub-back, but the classic crick-crack massage is NOT to everybody's taste. Towel rub-back, on the other hand, is something nobody can find fault with. Only the old masters can do it well, leaving you incredibly squeaky clean. Even Ah Yap at Diamond paled in comparison to Benny or Max. They tried to introduce it at the old WaterSpa once, with laughable results.

People often complain that they have been shortchanged when a 1h massage session becomes a 45 min one. Actually, at traditional health centres, one session is always understood to be 45 minutes, so a 90 minute one is considered 2 sessions. At Hotspa and all other latter- day reincarnations of health clubs, this is usually the NORM.

14 hours ago, mrjuicetiger said:

someone asked on qoo10 and the reply was no. solely massage with a welcome drink...

i got the $19.90 after 5pm spa usage though.

have you been to hot spa before? wonder how's the facilities like... are they run-down or...

I bought the $19.90 deal too. I have Qpoints to use before it expires on 30 June.

Yes, I went there once. It's a nice place to relax and the food is really good. Would you like to go there together?

23 hours ago, cookies74 said:

If it's from Qoo10, it's from 5 to 11 Monday to Sunday

nope, is stated after 7pm

18 hours ago, mrjuicetiger said:

they don't allow usage of both the 19.90 spa entrance coupon with the 39.90 massage coupon on the same day. silly much. 

yap, was thinking of the massage since I m going there but too bad they don't allow...I m not sure if u can even get both since it is mention only for first time visit only

finally got a chance to try....not much crowd on a weekday, sauna and steam room was empty and everyone was wearing shorts into the jacuzzi, 2 small hot tub, 1 small cold tub and 1 large jacuzzi....fried noodles was nice but not much choice unlike Gspa, but for this price i suppose can't really say much

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

finally got a chance to try....not much crowd on a weekday, sauna and steam room was empty and everyone was wearing shorts into the jacuzzi, 2 small hot tub, 1 small cold tub and 1 large jacuzzi....fried noodles was nice but not much choice unlike Gspa, but for this price i suppose can't really say much

is it good enough an experience such that you will go back again?