Male HQ

To Reply Or Not?

Guest guest

Guest guest

it have been many years leow, this morning receive a sms from my ex bf, asking how am I . after all his mis treat me the last time we broke off ,should i reply him or ignore ? he ever slam the door on my fingers, even ran away leaving me behind debts after paying for my first payment of my flat, even try to stop my car at the express way saying he want to drop off after some argument.till today i never forgive him.

holding on to the past only serves to hurt you more. Learning from the past and moving on stronger will only serve to bring you happiness and opens more doors and windows of opportunity. Believe me, I am sure many of us have been hurt bad by 'ex'.

If replying makes you happy do it. If its does not bring you any joy why bother then and move on. There is no right or wrong just life's little opportunities to help us learn. :)

It is easy for many of us to live everyday through the eyes of negativity. Forgiveness is a virtue. In your case, it does not mean that you are to forget the hurt that you had gone through. It is impossible for any of us to erase off memories but, the least we can do, is to forgive.

Forgiveness does not mean that we condone the wrong doings nor it is re-living them. It is an act that will free us while we begin to understand our Being; the True You.

Be in harmony with the choice that you make. Importantly, do it when you are ready and with a sincere heart.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Guest Truth
It is easy for many of us to live everyday through the eyes of negativity. Forgiveness is a virtue. In your case, it does not mean that you are to forget the hurt that you had gone through. It is impossible for any of us to erase off memories but, the least we can do, is to forgive. Forgiveness does not mean that we condone the wrong doings nor it is re-living them. It is an act that will free us while we begin to understand our Being; the True You. Be in harmony with the choice that you make. Importantly, do it when you are ready and with a sincere heart.

Forgiveness is akin to releasing oneself. When we forgive, we're allowing our souls to soar without all the emotional baggage. I fully understand that forgiveness is imperative for anybody to be their true self and express their soul, for when you cannot forgive, you're holding in a cancerous, crystalised negative emotion, which only harms yourself. Forgiveness can never be overemphasized. Negative emotions like hatred can, over the years, cause ailments and physical disorders, such as tumors, heart attacks and cancer, whether you believe it or not. An eye for an eye and the world goes blind; in a world like ours, learning to forgive graciously is imperative for emotional health and happiness.

However, I believe and know by firsthand experience that some wrongs cannot be forgiven, ever, not even after the end of time. The one bearing hatred suffers as though his entire being is ravaged by excruciating emotional hell fire; it is so painful, so horrible that it cannot be sustained for long; one will have to cool down to a more acceptable level of hatred and can only suffer "relapses" occasionally. Wouldn't anyone want to free himself of such a misery? He desperately wants to forgive, like a drowning man wants air, but is unable to do so. Sometimes when your heart and soul are torn asunder by somebody, crushed and mutilated, eternally scarred, trampled upon mercilessly, and your otherwise eternal and faithful love destroyed without remorse, there's no way out. Not even the most saintly, spiritually-minded, compassionate and loving being could forgive anymore, let alone a normal human being. I know it sounds melodramatic and painfully exaggerated, but I thought so too. I thought such things could only happen in Korean dramas; anybody in the right frame of mind would think so too, but no, situations in movies and dramas can happen in real life too, although one in a million perhaps. Then again, self righteous or new agey people would condescendingly frown upon such "emotional immaturity" or "insanity" and blabber away in the name of God or justice or whatever. One word to those people: blessed be, for I hope life would not teach you a lesson by forcing you to understand and sympathise with what you cannot yet; believe me, you don't wanna have to learn this lesson.

So my point is we all need to have a balanced outlook in life and do as much as we can to grow and be better people, but never judge, because their views and experiences are as valid as yours and most of the time, as for behaviour that you simply cannot understand, you'd do exactly the same if you end up in same fate.

It's really up to you....after so many years you may not be that angry anymore but its the bitterness that stays.

For all you know people do change for the better or worse. Its a gamble for you,

It'll never be the same and it'll take a long time if ever for you to completely heal from that episode.

You have a big heart to forgive him so easily and he has to earn it too. Be the first to walkout if the need be,

You don't deserve to go thru that hell again.

All the best

If u wish to give him a chance to hurt u again, go ahead.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

Forgiveness is akin to releasing oneself. When we forgive, we're allowing our souls to soar without all the emotional baggage. I fully understand that forgiveness is imperative for anybody to be their true self and express their soul, for when you cannot forgive, you're holding in a cancerous, crystalised negative emotion, which only harms yourself. Forgiveness can never be overemphasized. Negative emotions like hatred can, over the years, cause ailments and physical disorders, such as tumors, heart attacks and cancer, whether you believe it or not. An eye for an eye and the world goes blind; in a world like ours, learning to forgive graciously is imperative for emotional health and happiness.

However, I believe and know by firsthand experience that some wrongs cannot be forgiven, ever, not even after the end of time. The one bearing hatred suffers as though his entire being is ravaged by excruciating emotional hell fire; it is so painful, so horrible that it cannot be sustained for long; one will have to cool down to a more acceptable level of hatred and can only suffer "relapses" occasionally. Wouldn't anyone want to free himself of such a misery? He desperately wants to forgive, like a drowning man wants air, but is unable to do so. Sometimes when your heart and soul are torn asunder by somebody, crushed and mutilated, eternally scarred, trampled upon mercilessly, and your otherwise eternal and faithful love destroyed without remorse, there's no way out. Not even the most saintly, spiritually-minded, compassionate and loving being could forgive anymore, let alone a normal human being. I know it sounds melodramatic and painfully exaggerated, but I thought so too. I thought such things could only happen in Korean dramas; anybody in the right frame of mind would think so too, but no, situations in movies and dramas can happen in real life too, although one in a million perhaps. Then again, self righteous or new agey people would condescendingly frown upon such "emotional immaturity" or "insanity" and blabber away in the name of God or justice or whatever. One word to those people: blessed be, for I hope life would not teach you a lesson by forcing you to understand and sympathise with what you cannot yet; believe me, you don't wanna have to learn this lesson.

So my point is we all need to have a balanced outlook in life and do as much as we can to grow and be better people, but never judge, because their views and experiences are as valid as yours and most of the time, as for behaviour that you simply cannot understand, you'd do exactly the same if you end up in same fate.

I have been reading some of your replies, and I have to say you're really different from the rest. Some of your posts are insightful. Some are simply the hard truth. And yet some make me think and open my mind to things that I would have disagreed with. Although this is slightly off topic. Kudos, Truth.

Like the saying goes, u 4give but u dun 4 get.

U 4give because u dun want 2 harbour all the anger, frustration, negative energy inside u, wh is not good 4 ur health. It's better 2 keep the better memories n move on.

But u dun 4get because a leopard can never change its spots. If he can hurt u badly in the past, he will likely do it again. He's texting u now because he wants something from u n ur warning bells should be ringing.

I'm sure u already know the above n know wat 2 do but just wants some assurance from our bros here.

Take care. :)

Guest Truth
Like the saying goes, u 4give but u dun 4 get. U 4give because u dun want 2 harbour all the anger, frustration, negative energy inside u, wh is not good 4 ur health. It's better 2 keep the better memories n move on. But u dun 4get because a leopard can never change its spots. If he can hurt u badly in the past, he will likely do it again. He's texting u now because he wants something from u n ur warning bells should be ringing. I'm sure u already know the above n know wat 2 do but just wants some assurance from our bros here. Take care. :)

Agreed :)

Guest Truth
I have been reading some of your replies, and I have to say you're really different from the rest. Some of your posts are insightful. Some are simply the hard truth. And yet some make me think and open my mind to things that I would have disagreed with. Although this is slightly off topic. Kudos, Truth.

Thanks. Yeah it's a bit off topic. Just wanted to voice out what I was incredulous about but finally know to be true.

• 3 years later...
  • Guest locked this topic