Male HQ

Scuba Diving (Compiled)

Guest ah fat

• 4 months later...

PADI,SSI, SDI...different different but same. :)

And there are really quite a few dive shops to choose from...ekodivers.com, gilldivers.com, bigbubble.com, bluereefscuba.net, etc...just google a bit, any of the bigger names should be fairly reliable, assuming cost is not an issue.  Then just visit their FBs to see their clients' feedback.

And do select one that offers you a good dive site.  If it's conducted in Singapore, forget it.  It will not make you fall in love with the sea.  haha

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Careful when you are there... since now there's the unrest between the seas over there and Philippines.

On 6/17/2017 at 2:16 PM, steoh said:

Anyone interested in going Manado for a dive from 13-18 Oct? Using Silkair's 50% discount for mileage redemption.

IMG_8009.PNG

Grass is always Greener on the other side....don't you think so? O.o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Anybody can add me back to the diving line chat? I resetted my account...

"thewantedman"

Btw

https://ticket.adex.asia

You can apply for free ticket for all four days. 

Edited by Kimochi

19 minutes ago, Enelym1978 said:

If you're in Leyte if recommend going to Malapascua. Great diving there. 

See thresher sharks! But journey to malapascua is long. 

7 minutes ago, Vometra said:

Malapascua only famous for the threshers at Monad Shoal right? I heard other than that the diving and corals are pretty mediocre.

I was there in 2014 and it looked good to me. Great dive sites. Great visibility and lots of fishes. You wanna dive a bit away from the island of course. Day trips by boat. Gato Island or even around the Kalamanggan sand bank is quite nice. 

1 minute ago, Enelym1978 said:

I was there in 2014 and it looked good to me. Great dive sites. Great visibility and lots of fishes. You wanna dive a bit away from the island of course. Day trips by boat. Gato Island or even around the Kalamanggan sand bank is quite nice. 

Ok thanks. If I got time I'll try to find way over ... but Leyte itself already difficult to get to ...

27 minutes ago, Vometra said:

Nice! Esp the thresher!

What camera are you using?

Canon S120 all with manual white balance and ambiant light or small video light. 

Just upgraded to Olympus TG-5 but this time with strobe. Can't wait to test it in microscope mode for macros.

9 minutes ago, Enelym1978 said:

Canon S120 all with manual white balance and ambiant light or small video light. 

Just upgraded to Olympus TG-5 but this time with strobe. Can't wait to test it in microscope mode for macros.

Olympus TG-5 is waterproof rated to 15m. Are you using a casing?

6 minutes ago, Vometra said:

Olympus TG-5 is waterproof rated to 15m. Are you using a casing?

Likely have to use casing.  15 meters not enough. 

27 minutes ago, Vometra said:

Anyone is nitrox certified? Is it worthwhile to get certified, considering the higher cost for every nitrox dive?

Is there a big difference from normal air dive? I am certified for nitrox. It depends what you want. Nitrox for? You want to dive deep or dive long? Message me for information

1 hour ago, Vometra said:

Anyone is nitrox certified? Is it worthwhile to get certified, considering the higher cost for every nitrox dive?

Is there a big difference from normal air dive?

Higher concentration of oxygen and last around 10 minutes longer depend on individual and usage . Depend on you want it or not. But when I paid for that course its basically like giving money to the company instructor because its just (paste my first three sentence here)

Ps . Dive expo free tickets can be purchased already. You can purchase all 4 days tickets too. 

Also. Please do add me back into dive line group id "thewantedman" :P

Edited by Kimochi

6 hours ago, Vometra said:

Is there a big difference from normal air dive?

Nitrox allows for shorter surface intervals as well. So when you're on LOBs doing 4 dives a day it helps. It's a combo of advantages if you dive a lot. 

Most dive shops I went with gave free Nitrox so I don't see it as an extra charge. 

The course of course is just theory for two evenings and the test and does feel like a joke but isn't PADI about making more money out of us?