Male HQ

Sharing Of Meaningful Quotes

calvintantan

“Do all the good you can, for all the people you can, in all the ways you can, as long as you can.” —  John Wesley

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

"Be kind to your mind."
- Nicholas Aw

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

“To become a better you, remember to be grateful to people who have contributed to making you who you are today.”
― Israelmore Ayivor

― J'son M. Lee 

“As long as you are standing, give a hand to those who have fallen.”
― Persian Proverb

― J'son M. Lee 

“Don't question what you don't understand unless you're asking questions seeking to understand.”
― Rob Liano

― J'son M. Lee 

“Being angry and still not raising your voice is more powerful than blabbering everything that comes out of your mouth.”
― Sarvesh Jain

― J'son M. Lee 

“No matter how tiny you look, you can lead huge men if you have what the huge men don't have.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson

― J'son M. Lee 

“A beautiful face is temporary; a beautiful soul is forever.”
― Matshona Dhliwayo

― J'son M. Lee 

“I have noticed that most times, the least that you give out is the best that someone really needs. So, don't always wait till you have something big to give before you do so! Someone's "big" is your "little"!”
― Israelmore Ayivor

― J'son M. Lee 

“When people are doing their utmost to upset you, it's probably best to just laugh at them.”
― Wayne Gerard Trotman

― J'son M. Lee 

''Continue to examine where you betray yourself.'' - Unknown

― J'son M. Lee 

“Once we forget those who have contributed time and effort in making an endeavor successful, we forget ourselves.”
― Beem Weeks

― J'son M. Lee 

''Half of life is lost in charming others. The other half is lost going through anxieties caused by others.Leave this play, you played enough.''- Rumi

― J'son M. Lee 

• 2 weeks later...

“People think good times will last forever…until they don’t.”
― Frank Sonnenberg

― J'son M. Lee 

"We are all temporary no matter how powerful, good looking and rich we are. So it's better to be kind and leave the footprints of love and kindness."
- Zakriya Lee

― J'son M. Lee 

“I’m slowly learning how to accept my broken pieces. I’m slowly learning how to make peace with the parts of me that are still catching up. My childhood dreams that never came true, the family picture that never came to life, all the people who disappointed me, my trust issues, my fears and all the things I tried so hard for but were never meant to be mine. I’m slowly learning how to be patient with myself as I heal from everything that broke me. I’m learning that healing doesn’t truly end and sometimes I’ll have to heal certain things over and over again. The wounds that bleed again from the slightest scratch, the words that trigger all the pent up emotions and the reminders that bring up unfortunate memories and tragedies. I’m slowly learning how to accept that I haven’t completely healed yet. That it may take me a while to be where I need to be and that it may take a while to find my happy place. I’m slowly learning how to live with my broken pieces until I can fix them, how to sharpen the edges until I put them back together, how to polish them so they can shine again and how to tame them before they hurt someone else. I’m slowly learning how to stay away from people who step on my broken pieces. People who don’t bring out the best in me. People who unleash the stubborn and defensive parts of me. I’m slowly learning how to stay away from people who I don’t feel calm around. The people who disturb my inner peace. I’m slowly learning how to live with my broken pieces because I’ll never be completely unbroken and it’s those broken pieces that taught me how to be strong and resilient. It’s those broken pieces that taught me how to be on my own and heal myself and it’s those broken pieces that made me fight for who I want to be. It’s those broken pieces that showed me who is willing to ride with me till the very end and who wants to be dropped off at the nearest exit.” –Rania Naim

― J'son M. Lee 

“Stop falling for the unavailable hearts that only want you when they’re broken.”
— Rania Naim

― J'son M. Lee 

“Don’t compare yourself to others and feel inadequate. Their journey is not the same as yours and their success doesn’t mean you’re a failure — it means your path is different.”
— Rania Naim

― J'son M. Lee 

“The truth is if you reach a point where letting go is the only option, it usually means that this thing or someone already let you go. You are trying to stay in a place where you are not welcome anymore.”
— Rania Naim

― J'son M. Lee 

“The next chapter of your life is about finding yourself and that doesn’t mean that you have to alienate people or spend all your nights alone, you can let as many people as you want in, as long as you’re the one holding the pen.”
— Rania Naim

― J'son M. Lee 

“Just because someone rejected you doesn't mean everyone will. Sometimes good things are taken away from us so we can find better things.”
— Rania Naim

― J'son M. Lee 

“Are you not ashamed of caring so much for the making of money and for fame and prestige, when you neither think nor care about wisdom and truth and the improvement of your soul?”
― Socrates

― J'son M. Lee 

''Your acts of kindness are iridescent wings of divine love, which linger and continue to uplift others long after your sharing.''

- Rumi

― J'son M. Lee 

We are not all in the same boat.
We are in the same storm.
Some have yachts,
Some have canoes,
And some are drowning.
Be kind and help when you can.
-Damian Barr

― J'son M. Lee 

“Why does everyone wants everything permanent in their temporary life?”
― Vineet Goel

― J'son M. Lee 

“Racism is man’s gravest threat to man -
the maximum of hatred for a minimum of
reason.”
Abraham Heschel 

― J'son M. Lee 

“Never desire too much!
Because of this excess greed and thirst a person commits all kinds of sins.”
― Srinivas Mishra

― J'son M. Lee 

“If you lust for power, she will swallow you in an instant and make you her servant.”
― Volker G. Fremuth

― J'son M. Lee 

“This is what greed does to humans, Abel thinks. It makes them ignore the love they have in favour of what they can never attain.”
― Claudia Gray

― J'son M. Lee 

“Everyone lies to themselves, but many people do it with good intentions. They want to believe what they tell themselves, it is oftentimes the best possible version of reality for them. Although it may not be accurate, it is a mural of their desires, aspirations, optimism and passion. These people usually either need time or a new experience to discover the truth. People who lie to themselves for different reasons are oftentimes trying to avoid something or escape blame for things they have done.”
― Ashly Lorenzana

― J'son M. Lee 

“It is not our right to punish one for thinking as he does, no matter how much we disagree.”
― Oliver Bowden

― J'son M. Lee 

“...but I guess it's better for people to shut up rather than say something nasty.''
― Chetan Bhagat

― J'son M. Lee 

Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah on her 70+ birthday. Oprah asked, what she thought about "Growing Older". & on TV,  she said this:

(1)                 

"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."
(2)

"I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."
(3)          

"I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life."

(4) 

"I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as "making a life."

(5) 

"I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance."

(6) 

"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision."

(7)

"I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.

(8)

"People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back."

(9)

"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn."

& (10) "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

5 minutes ago, 30yochinese said:

Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah on her 70+ birthday. Oprah asked, what she thought about "Growing Older". & on TV,  she said this:

(1)                 

"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."
(2)

"I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."
(3)          

"I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life."

(4) 

"I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as "making a life."

(5) 

"I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance."

(6) 

"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision."

(7)

"I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.

(8)

"People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back."

(9)

"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn."

& (10) "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

which of these Quotes matter to me?

Wait... let me think...
Right now, in "The Present", number (10) means the most to me,
Coz recently i realised when i write, i am happy, & 
                                                    i am happy that pple who understand what i write is also happy(this is my assumption).

Edited by 30yochinese

“Courage wasn't only fighting your circumstances; sometimes making peace with your circumstances required more courage.”
― Sonali Dev

― J'son M. Lee 

“There will be moments when you’ll get the urge to argue but always remember you hold the power only until you don’t start an argument. After that, it’s all chaos.”
― Sarvesh Jain

― J'son M. Lee 

“Maybe I am doing right, maybe I am doing wrong but at least I'm trying.”
― Jameel

― J'son M. Lee