Male HQ

Looking For Travelling Buddy (compiled)

powerofmusic

• 1 month later...

Looking for travel buddy/buddies to travel together in end july ot early aug.

No cities/countries in mind yet but pm me if anyone is interested to travel together, and we can chat/meet up to see how comfortable we are with one another before we start planning for anything =)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Any1 keen to go BKK at end of June / early July ? I am planning for 3 -4 days free and easy trip.

For praying, shopping, massages and site seeing.

I m Chinese 50s uncle. Any1 keen to go, please drop me a mail and we will meet for coffee to discuss.

Thank you.

whats the fare like? cheaper than current SIA mastercard promo?

Anyone keen on going New York, Barcelona or any other European places anytime during Jul to Sep? Need 2 to go on Qatar Airways promo. PM me if you're interested.

Talking about the QR GV2 promo here too. Anyone wants to do 2 weeks open jaw to Buenos Aires mid Sep please let me know. We will fly there together then meet at EZE 2 weeks later 2 hours before the flight.

Edited by wailo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I will be heading Taipei from 23 to 30 Oct. I am looking for a travel buddy. If we could share the accommodation that will be awesome. I have a twin room at AMBA Ximending from 26 Oct Sunday to 30 Oct Thu. I have not decided on a accommodation yet from 23 Oct Thu to 25 Oct Sat. Do drop me a msg at user name - epiphany, to contact me if you are interested. Thank you.

Hello.

I will be heading Taipei from 23 to 30 Oct. I am looking for a travel buddy. If we could share the accommodation that will be awesome. I have a twin room at AMBA Ximending from 26 Oct Sunday to 30 Oct Thu. I have not decided on a accommodation yet from 23 Oct Thu to 25 Oct Sat. Do drop me a msg at user name - epiphany, to contact me if you are interested. Thank you.

I'm intending to go later in the year. Else could have joined you.

Hello.

Amba is a good choice. I stayed there last time in was in Taipei. Most everything is around it. 

I was planning to check out the aj scene the first 2 to 3 nights... and the pride parade friday and saturday and the rest of the weeks i'm thinking the ximending, night markets, Dan shui, hot springs, not sure bout jiufen or chiufen, Hua lian needs a 3 hours train ride so i'm not sure... and probably not becoz i have a accommodation back at AMBA XMD. Tai zhong and south down i don't think so.. 

Edited by epiphany

I was planning to check out the aj scene the first 2 to 3 nights... and the pride parade friday and saturday and the rest of the weeks i'm thinking the ximending, night markets, Dan shui, hot springs, not sure bout jiufen or chiufen, Hua lian needs a 3 hours train ride so i'm not sure... and probably not becoz i have a accommodation back at AMBA XMD. Tai zhong and south down i don't think so.. 

Nope. Dun go Hualien, lest you intend to stay a few days.

Jiufen area if you wanna light the sky lantern and of course, take in the scenery. Some places offer the mini scooter for those who has no bike license. Quite fun in a way.

*epiphany, this information is quite a while back, do verify the bus number(s) when you are there:

Take MRT to 台北车站 station, then transfer to the railway line to 瑞芳 station (NT$60, price varies with the different types of trains for the route) for about 45m journey. Once you reach 瑞芳 station, transfer to 基隆客运 (bus route no. 1013 or 1062) to 九份 of about 15m journey.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

No problem, epiphany.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

You might want to try asking the reception.

I stayed at XMD area the last Dec & I was told to take a bus instead. It went directly to the train station which branched out from the main line, and head towards Pingxi.

Sorry, my bad. the sky lantern's at Pingxi, not Jiufen. But it's in the same area. You can cover jiufen and head down to pingxi. It's nicer to light the lantern as the sky gets darker. the mini scooter is at shifen (i think tt's the name) which is a few stops before pingxi. there's a nice waterfall there.

Just recalled that I didn't go Jiufen the last time cos my cat-fanatic friend colleague wanted to go to a cat village, which happened to be in the area too, so that took time away. I heard Jiufen has a nice delicacy too but i can't remember what it is.

If i could redo my trip, I would head to Jiufen in the morning, then head to Shifen & Pingxi in the afternoon.

Going to S.Korea for 7 days and coming back roughly a week before Christmas itself.

It will be free and easy and looking for people below 25 years old. (I'm 18 btw :P) Also, one of my friend is tagging alone and she is 19. 

Do send me a PM if interested ^^ 

Haha, yes squashy, was thinking how come 九份 also have that 放天灯 thing. It is at 十分老街 (平溪) indeed.

But going to 十分 would need to transfer to another railway at the same 瑞芳 station, however, the frequency is not high going to 十分, usually only one train in an hour. Do check their train frequencies at the stations, you might want to look it up through the website to allow precise planing (what time to take from 台北车站 to board/transfer to the one at 瑞芳 nicely). epiphany, do take note.

Cant remember the frequency. But they have DAY PASSes. So get that. Can use as many times as you wan for that day of course.

Haha, yes squashy, was thinking how come 九份 also have that 放天灯 thing. It is at 十分老街 (平溪) indeed.

But going to 十分 would need to transfer to another railway at the same 瑞芳 station, however, the frequency is not high going to 十分, usually only one train in an hour. Do check their train frequencies at the stations, you might want to look it up through the website to allow precise planing (what time to take from 台北车站 to board/transfer to the one at 瑞芳 nicely). epiphany, do take note.

Edited by squashy

Cant remember the frequency. But they have DAY PASSes. So get that. Can use as many times as you wan for that day of course.

It is confirmed, as I've only been there quite recently, the frequency is horrible. (Didn't get the day pass since I only go to the 十分老街 and waterfall area)

If you come from Taipei Main Station, quite a number of trains would miss the one going to 十分 by just a few minutes and you need to wait about an hour for the next train (some times more than an hour, based on the timing shown on the frequencies chart). That time I waited for about 40-45 minutes...

So planning in advance is advisable to avoid such long waiting times.

Edited by sphere

Which is why I advise going by bus.

We would have done so as well if the receptionist hadnt advised us on it.

It is confirmed, as I've only been there quite recently, the frequency is horrible. (Didn't get the day pass since I only go to the 十分老街 and waterfall area)

If you come from Taipei Main Station, quite a number of trains would miss the one going to 十分 by just a few minutes and you need to wait about an hour for the next train (some times more than an hour, based on the timing shown on the frequencies chart). That time I waited for about 40-45 minutes...

So planning in advance is advisable to avoid such long waiting times.

I can't remember how much I paid for it. But i don't think it's that expensive.

It was also suggested by the receptionist.

Squashy, how much you paid for the day pass?

My advice is check with the locals or receptionist. they might be able to provide better advice. but that of course, depends on whether the hotel has any collaborations with tour agents. if they do, they might advise you otherwise.

For AJ clubs, I recall Gstar and JUMP. Somewhat different culture though. Chinese music of course.

XMD has an AJ area. At Redhouse area but mostly bars and retail shops for toys/undies/etc.

I'm not sure if train will be faster. Perhaps seek local/receptionist advice?

Our initial plan was to take train too. Cant recall why we switched to bus.

squashy, Going by bus to jiufen is better you meant? looks far man.

• G_M changed the title to Looking For Travelling Buddy (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.