Male HQ

Looking For Travelling Buddy (compiled)

powerofmusic

hi just my personal opinion. I actually booked a private transport with the local there and I get to travel to many places fast and that spares me a lot more time to do what I want. I noticed that when I was at Jiufen, there are so many people queuing up for the public buses and if you intend to do so, you got to cater more time allowance for the waiting and travelling. The pros of hiring private transport is that our itinerary can be flexibly customised and of course the cons of it is that you might have to pay a bit more. If you are travelling in a group of 3-4, I think hiring private transport is a good choice and especially if you intend to cover many places. I booked my private transport as I wanted to cover Taipei and Taichung in 8 days. Well, it certainly does not help much with regulars who revisit Taiwan so frequently as they have become so acquainted with the spots that they like to visit and they do not need to cover so many places any more. Have fun and enjoy your trip ;) 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Haha, yes definitely. Hiring a cab would save the hassle but the $$$ depends on the pax traveling together.

hi just my personal opinion. I actually booked a private transport with the local there and I get to travel to many places fast and that spares me a lot more time to do what I want. I noticed that when I was at Jiufen, there are so many people queuing up for the public buses and if you intend to do so, you got to cater more time allowance for the waiting and travelling. The pros of hiring private transport is that our itinerary can be flexibly customised and of course the cons of it is that you might have to pay a bit more. If you are travelling in a group of 3-4, I think hiring private transport is a good choice and especially if you intend to cover many places. I booked my private transport as I wanted to cover Taipei and Taichung in 8 days. Well, it certainly does not help much with regulars who revisit Taiwan so frequently as they have become so acquainted with the spots that they like to visit and they do not need to cover so many places any more. Have fun and enjoy your trip ;)

Before you go to Jifen, watch Tony Leung's "悲情城市“。

2 years ago when I was attending the Taipei Pride Weekend, I made a visit to Yeliu and Jiufen on the same day.

I caught a bus from Taipei Station (it was about NT100) to Yeliu.  Admission charges was NT50..the place was filled with funky-shaped limestone and of course, the infamous Egyptian Queen rock...a word of advice, go early before the hordes of tourists...

From Yeliu, I took a public bus to Ruifang before boarding the bus to Jiufen.  As it was a weekday, the bus was not crowded.  I lingered around the village for a while before going to the next destination, the defunct Gold Mine (金瓜石).  If you havent been to those in Melbourne, then this is worth a visit.  The return journey was slightly different.  I took the slow train back to Taipei station from Ruifang.  The journey lasted an hour.

If there is a place where you may want to spend a day or more, I recommend Hualien.  There is a train that departs in the morning...the view along the Eastern Shoreline is breathtaking... Upon reaching Hualien, take the local tour bus to the Gorge.

I like nature so I did have a good time there.  If time permits, stay overnight if not, move on to Taitung (another couple of hours in the train)....The aquarium is worth visiting.. and tell your friends that you've been to A*mei 老家!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been asked by my boss to clear my leave so I'm looking for someone or 2 to travel within these 2 months.

Main aim is to find someone to share costs and help each other if needed. Do not mind having different plans if our general route is the same and we can share accommodation and all.

I'll prefer to travel out of Asia.

Drop me a note and we can discuss :)

I will be going to Florida next week however my friends are not interested to travel to DC with me... wondering if it possible to find a travel partner for 2-3 days here?... If you are keen to other places in US i am open too. Leave a message, email etc and we can get in touch.

I love traveling and would love to join any trips scheduled deepavali (22nd) until friday (24th) or saturday (25th).

How to contact you?

I would like to go away too from Wednesday to Sunday. Enough days to make a short trip around Asia......

Guest Traveler

I am confirmed a trip start deepavali until saturday morning, but not sure where to go.

Will go alone if there is no one tag along cause already used to travel alone. Just found out this forum and see if there is anyone want to join.

Thinking of siem reap (angkor wat is a must). RM600 for return MAS flight and 3 nights accomodation.

Btw, i am a malay 28yo with 170 65 w30. Travel buddy needed are within -+5 years from mine. All race are welcome. *mcm nak apply keje pulak. Haha.

Guest Traveler

I am confirmed a trip start deepavali until saturday morning, but not sure where to go.

Will go alone if there is no one tag along cause already used to travel alone. Just found out this forum and see if there is anyone want to join.

Thinking of siem reap (angkor wat is a must). RM600 for return MAS flight and 3 nights accomodation.

Btw, i am a malay 28yo with 170 65 w30. Travel buddy needed are within -+5 years from mine. All race are welcome. *mcm nak apply keje pulak. Haha.

Hs anyone successfully found a traveling partner from this forum and all these postings are just real waste of time......

Can those who have been successful share your stories here?

If you're in culture/history, den Ang Kor Wat's your place.

It's a very big area with many temples, so you can explore for 3 consecutive days if you're an stone enthusiast. LOL!

Other than that, very laid back place. Nothing much to do.

Will be at Taipei for 3D2N, from 17th Nov till 19Nov.

Like to asks around for places to visit, and maybe hotels.

Will be best if there are someone along the same period, and we can be travel buddy for that time, as I am a first timer in Taipei.

22782.jpg “THINGS YOU NEVER HEAR: 'Please stop sucking my dick or I'll call the police.”

Personal Blog: http://shiroiluke.wordpress.com/

Wu Fen Pu - Shopping

Pingxi/Shifen - Sky Lantern

Jiufen - Sightsee/Eat

Xin Beitou - Hot springs

Night markets - many places

Will be at Taipei for 3D2N, from 17th Nov till 19Nov.

Like to asks around for places to visit, and maybe hotels.

Will be best if there are someone along the same period, and we can be travel buddy for that time, as I am a first timer in Taipei.

If you're in culture/history, den Ang Kor Wat's your place.

It's a very big area with many temples, so you can explore for 3 consecutive days if you're an stone enthusiast. LOL!

Other than that, very laid back place. Nothing much to do.

Totally agree. Luckily i like historical sites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to Looking For Travelling Buddy (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.