Male HQ

PLUs over 40 + What Do You Think A Gay Should Have By Age 40? (compiled)

Guest 2012

By not being bitter? hahah

I think having a great sense of humor helps :D

Quite true, not feeling bitter and great sense of humor cld help in age gracefully. But how many of us really can do tht in real life?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Quite true, not feeling bitter and great sense of humor cld help in age gracefully. But how many of us really can do tht in real life?

It's mind over matter IMHO...

Stress is one of the biggest factors behind premature aging and a host of other health problems...

Eliminate stress and half the battle's won :D

Am I falling for a bi?

Guest sushibomb

Aerobic exercise = Aerobics, walking, swimming, jogging = uses a lot of air and is often cardiovascular

in long time light exercise.

Anaerobic exercise =weight lifting, Short-distance race = does not use a lot of air.

Aerobic exercise burn more fat and saccharides and make heart stronger than Anaerobic exercise.

Aerobic exercise = Aerobics, walking, swimming, jogging = uses a lot of air and is often cardiovascular

Anaerobic exercise =weight lifting, Short-distance race = does not use a lot of air.

Aerobic exercise burn more fat and saccharides and make heart stronger than Anaerobic exercise.

Actually it's the opposite :D

Resistance training is way better than aerobic training in every way...hahah

If you really want to do cardio, just focus on high intensity interval training or HIIT :D

Humans are not meant to be like mouse on a wheel :P

Am I falling for a bi?

It's mind over matter IMHO...

Stress is one of the biggest factors behind premature aging and a host of other health problems...

Eliminate stress and half the battle's won :D

Sometimes u dun even realise tht stress has already took over ur body! By then u realise it, ur health might be in 'red'!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Sometimes it depends wht is ur goal and wht u want to achieve. Some pple who might want to slim down, doing aerobic exercise is gd. But if someone is already very slim, if u do too much aerobic exercise, might affect ur plan to gain weigh. But overall aerobic exercise really gd for de-stress.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Sometimes u dun even realise tht stress has already took over ur body! By then u realise it, ur health might be in 'red'!

That's why it's important to recognise stress early...hahah

But jokes aside, I work in a highly stressful environment - it's a matter of prioritizing our tasks and responsibilities...

So far so good :D

Am I falling for a bi?

That's why it's important to recognise stress early...hahah But jokes aside, I work in a highly stressful environment - it's a matter of prioritizing our tasks and responsibilities... So far so good :D

Recognise signs of stress? Do u think people can see these signs?

Ask yourself how many tasks do u perform at work simultaneously? Even at leisure, do u find yourself walking, listening to music on earphones, and typing smsing altogether?

That is why people 猝死 without knowing when and why.

In my humble opinion: Health, Happiness and Contentment.

I always believe there are at least 2 sides to anything that occur to us. It's up to us, entirely, how to embrace the situation in a positive (or negative) manner.

I am still learning, almost daily. That is my philosophy in life. Strive hard and enjoy life. :)

Edited by thorzguy

Recognise signs of stress? Do u think people can see these signs?

Ask yourself how many tasks do u perform at work simultaneously? Even at leisure, do u find yourself walking, listening to music on earphones, and typing smsing altogether?

That is why people 猝死 without knowing when and why.

If people can't recognise, then it is my fault? hahah

But multi-tasking is not stress woah - stress comes from the inability to cope with the situation, task or deadline...

Am I falling for a bi?

If people can't recognise, then it is my fault? hahah

But multi-tasking is not stress woah - stress comes from the inability to cope with the situation, task or deadline...

But nowadays many pple blood pressure often borderline or even abnormal, so seems like many pple still stressful?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Anyone know there is a chinese qigong which the Breadtalk boss who learn and talk about in the chinese article.

I m not good in chinese so can anyone help me to find out - what the name of the qigong at where.

It mention something about laughing and breathing technique which cure his backache and his wife migraine.

I need that badly bcz i sit too long the whole day.

Guest anotherage40

Most impt in all stage of life is to be contented.

At age 40, you shd alrdy know what u wan in life. If you think money, car and house is impt to u, work hard to get them. If u r happy with just wtaever u have is gd enuff, then that gd. everyone has different tots and goals in life. Most impt, u need to know what u wan in life, be contented and enjoy what u have have (e.g. gd look, nice bod, materialistic stuff etc) Even u lose htem one day, there is no regret cos u had it and enjoy it, been there done there.

Most impt --> Be Contented & have a +ve mindset always

cheers

• 2 years later...

1. A property to his name

2. Life Insurance

3. Emergency fund of 3 to 6 months

4. Other investments

4. A stable job / better career  or a stable business

5. Good health

6. Good relationship with family

7. Already known who his true friends are

8. I just wish I was married to a guy but I don't even have a boyfriend :-)

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

Ive been there n made some wrong decisions. If I could turn the clock back, at 40 Id want -

good health n long term health insurance

job I really enjoy

steady relationship

enough cash in the bank to allow for being laid off n savings towards a reasonable pension

nice friends

happiness n contentment

apartment I own n no more than 10 yrs left on mortgage

spirit of adventure to explore the world

Guest Flying Lizard

It is challenging to stop working in Singapore. There is no welfare to speak of, the medical cost is still hefty even when you have insurance coverage. Everyone will age with sickness which a prolong and recurring. It is good to continue working until 65yo, at least.  However, find something you enjoy doing because if you love your job, you will not have to work for the rest of your life.
Life is too short to be in the wrong job.

Having said that, keep your hobby to the minimum. Not every hobby is sustainable, especial those tedious, time consuming type.

Through years of experience, I noticed quite a handful of old folks tend to be crumpy, bitter, naggy/talkative/gossipy, philosophical and love offering advices we don't need and didn't ask for.  

Be cheerful, listen more than you talk, give advice only when asked. 

Read more and dream less.

Watch your diet, AND CUT DOWN ON LUST!

Keep life simple and don't turn your private space into a garbage bin.

Be presentable, keep yourself clean and watch your hygiene.

That's about it when you grow old.

It is challenging to stop working in Singapore. There is no welfare to speak of, the medical cost is still hefty even when you have insurance coverage. Everyone will age with sickness which a prolong and recurring. It is good to continue working until 65yo, at least.  However, find something you enjoy doing because if you love your job, you will not have to work for the rest of your life.

Having said that, keep your hobby to the minimum. Not every hobby is sustainable, especial those tedious, time consuming type.

Through years of experience, I noticed quite a handful of old folks tend to be crumpy, bitter, naggy/talkative/gossipy, philosophical and love offering advices we don't need and didn't ask for.  

Awesome piece, Thumb Up

1) Maturity = to handle a relationship, a friendship, rapport with family and colleagues, to see things from a different angle.

2) knowledge in life = to identify what is right and wrong, to spot which politicians is feeding us shit or trying to brain wash us, to avoid what is bad for us (food, habits and people included)

3) courage = to admit our mistakes, to fight for what we believe, to back out from a fight etc

4) ability = to solve problems on our own, to do things on our own (including going to the cinema alone, to make decision

5) responsibility = to take up the role of provider for our parents and family, for the things we've done.

The above seems easy and mundane but don't be surprised at how many middle age men are materially rich but character wise is still way behind. I listed these out of bad examples from myself, my friends and those around me. It is still not too late to start, isn't it?

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

At age 41, I am still not quite stable in my finances nor spiritually/emotionally wise like many of my peers.

I am working in a field which is my passion but financially not the most lucrative and stable.  Perhaps despite the passion, I'm just not good enough in the field, which is small and looks set to decline in the coming years.   Also I'm too painfully shy and lack the EQ and charisma to network and market myself (gosh, I even dislike the phrase "market myself").  But what else can I do?  

Despite having to fend for myself all these years, I am still groping in the dark for what Confucius terms as 不惑 (no more doubts). Dare I even hope to find the will of heaven (知天命) by age 50?

Edited by lifeart

You and some other people in Singapore seem to think that Welfare is the cure all for all the medical problems one might have,

to have a Welfare System of State provided Healthcare, a govt need to collect taxes , do you think you want to pay up to 35% to 45% of your income in taxes, so that we can have a Welfare system like those in the West or some other welfare rich country ,

Do your research lah, Most of the Western welfare system country are crumbling under heavy burden of providing health care to a bigger and growing population and a greying population, in Canada and UK and NZ , you have to wait a few months to see a dentist or schedule a surgery and then you have also substandard care under the welfare system, you are naive to think a welfare system is better than what we have, wait till you want urgent surgery and then the hospital tells you to wait in line then you will cry father and cry mother.

Do you know that a lot to these welfare health care countries their citizens elect to have their surgeries done in our neighbouring thailand and malaysia, because the queue is shorter , they get treated like kings and queens in the private hospitals , and they cannot wait their turn in their hoem country because they would be dead by the time they receive health care, just google about British people who have their surgeries done in thailand or malaysia. And when they receive healthcare in their hoem countries they complain that UK citizens shun healthcare jobs, and the places in their country have to be filled foreign talents too like Nurses from the phillipines, malaysia, banglades , india even Singapore.

If you want welfare , you have to trade it for soemthing, in some rich middle eastern and oil rich rich small countries like Brunei , these countries have small populations in relation to the countries vast resources of oil and minerlas and gas, therfore the country can afford  a cradle to grave welfare health care system, but in exchange the people in these countries have to accept a system of governemnt where you have to be compliant citiizen, have to comply with shariah laws, which many of these countries will pusnish and put to death people who are caught having homosexual sex. just do your research.

Just to let you know in case you are mistaken, the U.S. of America have no state welfare health care, its all private insurance or pay from your won pocket, Australia is moving a way from a complete welfare to a self paid insurance and copay.

The free and advanced parts of the world are moving away from a welfare heavy model of providing health care.

Keep yourself updated.

Healthcare in Singapore is easily accesible, clinics are everywhere in every housing estate, when you are overseas like I was in Australia, healthcare is not accesible like in Singapore, if you stay one suburb , and you dont drive, its a long way to a doctor's and the doctors do not work long hours like ours , they shut at 5pm. and they are definitely more expensive than SIngapore GPs.

And you dont get your medicne from the doctor , you have to fill out your precription at a pharmacist , which is another long travel distance away and they keep late hours too.

be thankfukl for what we have in Singapore, a system that is pragmatic and effective but may not be the ideal libertarisn's model .

At age 41, I am still not quite stable in my finances nor spiritually/emotionally wise like many of my peers.

I am working in a field which is my passion but financially not the most lucrative and stable.  Perhaps despite the passion, I'm just not good enough in the field, which is small and looks set to decline in the coming years.   Also I'm too painfully shy and lack the EQ and charisma to network and market myself (gosh, I even dislike the phrase "market myself").  But what else can I do?  

Despite having to fend for myself all these years, I am still groping in the dark for what Confucius terms as 不惑 (no more doubts). Dare I even hope to find the will of heaven (知天命) by age 50?

You love what you do and that is quite rare these days. Most people in their 40s are still struggling to find peace with their work. They like the money it brings but hate the role and long hours.

As for the shy part, I guess you may just need to push yourself to head out more and meet new people. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. The only obstacle here is really yourself. :-)

Should not have to keep asking for discount and freebies like those full of nuisance uncles/aunties and some are staying in condos and landed property ! Do not wear a big hat without a big head as the Chinese saying goes !!

Should not have to keep asking for discount and freebies like those full of nuisance uncles/aunties and some are staying in condos and landed property ! Do not wear a big hat without a big head as the Chinese saying goes !!

Should read it as .....Should have not to .......

You love what you do and that is quite rare these days. Most people in their 40s are still struggling to find peace with their work. They like the money it brings but hate the role and long hours.

As for the shy part, I guess you may just need to push yourself to head out more and meet new people. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. The only obstacle here is really yourself. :-)

Yes, I do love what I do but after more than ten years of frustration and going in futile circles, I can't say I still have the same degree of passion. There are very few opportunities and it seems that I won't be getting my big break at all.  Compared to my peers, I am only getting by financially and it looks like things will only decline.

Yes, the shyness issue is something I have to own and keep working on... I have been trying, but my clumsy attempts have not yielded any fruit.   I may just have to accept that I'm not the sort or don't have the people skills who will give people a strong impression.

But thanks, azimuth, for your comments. Hope that life is treating you kind.  

As I ponder on these bitter words I'd written and meditate on what many have shared in this thread, I am reminded of my desire to develop more equanimity. That is not to say I'm resigned to fate. I am reminded of that oft-quoted prayer of serenity:

God, grant me the serenity

To accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

and wisdom to know the difference.

It's probably not what the thread-starter had in mind. I'm just reflecting and felt it right to sum up my thoughts.

Peace to all!

• Guest locked this topic
  • 4 years later...

Fellow sisters above 40, what phase in life are you right now?

Regardless on relationship, work, family wise, are you contented with what you have?

For singles, do you choose not to be in a relationship or is it relatively rather as one ages?

For attached, do you see yourself settling down forever with your current? 

1 minute ago, Guest 40up said:

Regardless on relationship, work, family wise, are you contented with what you have?

For singles, do you choose not to be in a relationship or is it relatively rather as one ages?

Why does it have to be "settling down" and not committing? I am not yet 40 but I am in a committed relationship with my husband.

45 minutes ago, Guest 40up said:

Why must use "sisters"?

This term is used way too freely and loosely in the gay community

Can't you begin with:

"Hi folks/people/everyone, what phase in life are you in right now?"

1 hour ago, mate69 said:

Why must use "sisters"?

This term is used way too freely and loosely in the gay community

Can't you begin with:

"Hi folks/people/everyone, what phase in life are you in right now?"

Bottom to bottom call sisters.

Top to top call brothers.

Don't read and response to guests' post

• G_M changed the title to PLUs over 40 + What Do You Think A Gay Should Have By Age 40? (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.