Male HQ

Dota 2

Upthere

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was playing it for the first time on my comp last weekend and it completely suck. The game was soo laggy and no matter how many times i restart my comp and Stream, it's still the same. 

Anyone has any ideas how to fix it?

*I am using a macbook

How old is your macbook? Do you have bootcamp installed with windows? Generally the windows version is more optimized than the mac version as the mac version is out not too long ago

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt adding more RAM is going to solve your issue. 

Dota 2 isn't a graphically demanding game anyway

I tried to clear alot of my files on my comp. And yet it's still as laggy.

My friend's macbook has the same specs as mine, but with higher ram cap and his is running smoothly.

Besides RAM cap issue, i cant think of any other problems.

Perhaps he's using lower resolution/graphical settings. 

Besides, in-game performance only becomes affected by RAM should you run out of it during a game and it defaults to writing data to the hard disk

I tried to clear alot of my files on my comp. And yet it's still as laggy.

My friend's macbook has the same specs as mine, but with higher ram cap and his is running smoothly.

Besides RAM cap issue, i cant think of any other problems.

Mac OS can be quite RAM hungry. You can check if your machine is running low on RAM by running "Activity Monitor" after using your computer for a while (remember under your normal usage). Under System memory tab, look at the "Free" memory, if it is close to zero, it means your OS is currently starved of RAM.

Another way is to restart your Mac, and run only Steam and Dota2. In this condition, Dota2 should have full use of your available RAM.

Rong is right, try lowering your graphic setting first, before rushing out to buy new hardware.

• 1 month later...

Is it? I started playing L4D2 initially when i installed Steam, but now i only play Dota. It actually easier than any game i think.

I always get gangbanged by zombies in L4D2, I bought it solely because I get to smack zombies with my frying pan. We could play together sometime if you want.

I thought you liked it hard lol?

What do you mean by hard? complicated to handle? :)

Aye, I like it hard....just not the DOTA hard. The controls, mechanics perhaps.....I find LoL and Smite easier and more casual in a way.

I always get gangbanged by zombies in L4D2, I bought it solely because I get to smack zombies with my frying pan. We could play together sometime if you want.

Aye, I like it hard....just not the DOTA hard. The controls, mechanics perhaps.....I find LoL and Smite easier and more casual in a way.

Dont play L4D2 anymore, lets play Dota 2 together. Haha.. PM me your steam id and ill add you when im home. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jackomaki here! :D

Cooking is my passion. Music is my life. Reading is my sanity. 

Bitching about you keeps me happy. 

"People fear because of a lack of understanding, and a lack of understanding comes from a lack of proper communication on both parties, so to resolve fear we need to first resolve communication"

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.