Male HQ

Interesting Foreign (Non Gay) News Outside Singapore (Compiled)

Guest Tourists

Guest Tourists

Singaporeans slammed for being rude in Australian newspaper

It’s no secret that Singapore is a “campaign city”.

The National Courtesy Campaign, Speak Good English Movement, the Singapore Kindness Movement and even toilet campaigns like “Aim Right”, “Wash Your Hands Right”, “Don’t Wet The Floor” are clear testaments to this.

But Sydney Morning Herald writer Tamara Thiessen takes this a step further in a provocative piece entitled “Singaporeans asked to chew on their manners” that was published on the newspaper’s website on May 31.

In it, she questions the level of courtesy and graciousness in Singaporeans as well as how constant reminders to be courteous have to be “thrust down their thoats daily”. The article further goes to portray Singapore as a regimentally law-abiding and clean country, where “happiness and civility need…outside enforcement”.

But despite the city-state’s spick-and-span spaces free of chewing gum and spit, “there is no assurance of finding good manners and a caring society”, she writes.

An IT manager from Sydney who is based in Singapore, Paul Stapleton, is quoted in the article saying, “They (Singaporeans) are the rudest f***ing people I have ever seen; they need some basic training in civic awareness. They don’t feel that anyone else exists outside this tiny island.”

Another long-time British resident staying here added, “The problem is the sole concern of most Singaporeans is money and economic well-being. The only reason the churches here are packed to the rafters is because people attend in order to network.”

General manager of the Singapore Kindness Movement, Teh Thien Yew, is also quoted in the paper as saying, ”Levels of indifference and unhappiness are still high … we are all concerned about graciousness in our country.”

Invariably, every society has its fair share of bad social graces. But is it fair for an Australian or Briton to pass judgement on Singaporeans as a whole based on personal experience and a few opinions?

A 24-year-old Singaporean student, who wanted to be known as Jen, told Yahoo! Singapore that Thiessen’s article is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

“Who is the writer to say that Singaporeans make up an ungracious society? Yes, there may be some rude people in Singapore. But there are always bad eggs in every society. Personally, I’ve met my fair share of rude Australians while studying there, but I don’t dismiss Australia as a country of ungracious people.”

To Singaporeans’ credit, according to the State of Graciousness in Singapore Survey, people here conducted themselves better on public transport over the past year. Also, the country’s “Graciousness Index” — an indication of how citizens rate the level of graciousness within society — climbed 3 points from 58 to 61 in the same time.

Having said that, while Thiessen’s article borders on being one-sided and slightly extreme, could the ugly truth be that she’s actually right?

After all, in the same survey, only 37% out of 1,000 Singaporeans interviewed were happy with the level of graciousness in the city-state.

In light of such harsh criticism, do you agree that the level of courtesy and graciousness in Singapore society leaves much to be desired? Are state campaigns effective in inculcating kindness and consideration in local citizens?

======================

MICKEY on June 2, 2010 at 7:31 pm

quite f’king true these tourists. Jen, it doesn’t matter if the rude ones are the ‘bad eggs’ in the country. fact of the matter is, they are not the first tourists who have complained about Singapore’s ungraciousness, and will probably will not be the last. Heck, even my friends from overseas on exchange here commented the same thing on our people.

The worst thing is, we’re mostly a very soft-spoken bunch whose bravado and ‘tough guy’ attitudes only surface behind the wheels of the car or behind the safety of internet forums. Living here for 23 years, and having travelled overseas numerous times, all I can say is that service standards here are appalling. I’ve had sales persons give arrogant looks at me when i’m browsing expensive items(as if to say i cant afford it), counter staff talking to me as if reprimanding their child.. etc

The whole situation is sad really.. its indeed true that ‘Singapore as a regimentally law-abiding and clean country, where “happiness and civility need…outside enforcement”.’ Hopefully this will change in the future though, as I’m a singaporean too and I want whats best for the country

======================

noob on June 2, 2010 at 7:06 pm

I am a Singaporean and sadly I actually agree.

I feel so ashamed that the graciousness of our society has degraded from what it was like years ago.

People were nicer, more helpful, polite, friendly and approachable.

People are becoming self-centred, impatient, rude and snappy.

Everyday I ask: What happened here?

But of course, no one can give me the answer.

======================

Y K Lim on June 2, 2010 at 7:32 pm

I am Singaporean, yes there are some of us who are downright rude due to their pampered upbringing but to say Singaporeans collectively is not doing justice to its people. Some Australians are reknowned to be racist but that should NOT be quantified. I have my fair share of interaction with people from many parts of the world and trust me, there are many others that are really rude but yet we should not quantify them. In every society there are social misfits. Yes, all we think of is money and economic well being because we do not have “unemployment benefits” to rely on like our friends in Australia or UK. As for economic well being, yes we are obsessed as we do not have natural resources like you. Ms Tamara’s one who seems to encounter some bad experience to draw her conclusions. Yes, we need laws and reminders to shove the message down our throat at times and there are certainly room for improvement but to quantify Singaporeans in toto is clearly a reflection of how limited your scope of judgement is. If one still thinks that because you are a foreigner the locals have to suck up on them think again, that’s not going to happen. If you expect people to be courteous, show some respect yourself as in everything, it is a two way street.

======================

There are and will always be people who have no faith in their own looks and resort to using others' pic as theirs. It would be interesting to see how they are going to answer why the pic they gave is different from their own looks when they meet up with the other party. Unless they are not going to meet anyone at all.

======================

These guys are closet or should I say paranoid. They're not in the scene and were some of my best fxxk.

Of course with no pic, you must not be too choosy type as he may just not your type.

=======================

But most people who wrote in are most rude. They don't even reciprocate when ask for their pictures giving lame excuses, or they will send very tiny pictures of themselves, hidden under sunglasses or hats or very far away shots.

They even have the decency to ask are my pictures real and current when they do not even want to produce a single pictures of themselves.

No point playing games, I have stopped all friendship websites etc.

======================

Well ..... Welcum to the rudest Asian city I ever visited.

The society is mean and the PLU crueler ...........

They will reject u with lame excuse "U R Not My Cup of Tea" after saw ur real pic without even given his

They might look like gorilla and rejected by fellow Singaporeans before so it is a kind of revenge

But if they meet nice looking and look "the have" the attitude is different but still "mean", they will check how much u earn, how big is ur house, etc etc .....

Indeed every society have rotten egg but I never aware Australia need to launch courtesy campaign, Food court need to put sign return your tray.

Indeed some Thai Boys are materialistic, but they never reject old farang by saying "U r not my cup of tea", they never asked how much u earn, etc, etc

Lucky I am not the "old farang" yet, but quite annoyed with most I chatted here, they feel super good looking and can look down others.

Guest the source

vengeance.is.ours on June 3, 2010 at 3:18 am

fxxk u paul stapleton! n all u aussie ficking racists, country of fxxking junkies, descendants of fxxking jailbirds, where all yr murderous parasites r kept in cells instead of being put down! dun b grouchy for having a motherland with no history to be proud about, n neither do u hv any present that u can brag about! u evolve from forefathers who r either jailbirds or aborigines, n dats y u dickheads from downunder(where my dick is) condone heroin addicts n as if that wasnt good enuf, u evn legalize public shooting galleries for them to shoot up in peace so they dun die frm OD! n speaking of dying, yr own people r so torn up by the fact dat theres no death penalty for yr muderers, rapists n druglords n u will rather keep this parasites alive in jail n for what purpose? to glorify & commemorate the deeds of yr convicts forefathers!?! from what i see, us sporeans do seem a little uptight in life as our fast-paced society emphasize on the priorities of life, but we dun go around fxxxxxx badmouthin other countries whose inglorious past n ridiculous present is rotting away the very basic morals of a civilised society of the 21st century!! in a nutshell, fxxk off back to the rotting country where u belong n rot together with yr high n mighty polite parasites of fxxking junkies, murderers, rapists, druglords n parasites who close shop at 4pm in the afternoon, if u find u r too good for us bt the truth is, we fxxking asians are too fast-paced for u!!! which brings to mind, i believe in WW2, u fxxking aussies r crying for help to the world when u realized a bunch of evil fxxking asians were upon yr doorstep, about to invade yr white ass, n help came from half a fxxking world away to save yr junkie asses!! so u ain’t that good either, fxxking mate!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/world/singaporeans-asked-to-chew-on-their-manners-20100530-wnjm.html

http://www.smh.com.au/world/singaporeans-asked-to-chew-on-their-manners-20100530-wnjm.html

I visited Singapore last year and loved everything. The people, the food, the transport system and I also enjoyed my visit to the Changi War museum.

These comments in this article are the views of only 2 people. :rolleyes:

What is disturbing to me is the level of replies that say that Australians are racists! :(:unsure:

If aussies are racists,so why then did Singapore Airlines get voted best airline by Australians? Surely, racist Australians should have all voted for Qantas? :rolleyes:

I know racist people are everywhere in all societies. :angry: I have been to 4 asian countries and have seen 1st hand, asians being racist to other asians. :huh:

But the level of hatred directed at Australians in those replies, suggested to me, an under belly of conflict.

I hope it was just people venting their displeasure of being criticised and nothing more? :thumb:

Guest VsPassinTheNight

I visited Singapore last year and loved everything. The people, the food, the transport system and I also enjoyed my visit to the Changi War museum.

r u blind?

The comments actually more than 2 among many ... it was posted in Yahoo.com.sg

And as it was said - u might be one of the lucky one which have body shape and may be $$$$ so people treat u nice

What if u are old bald fatty caucasian? bet u wont think it is nice anymore especially if u meet such member as this one :

suckme87

Icon 23 174 62 fit toned 6.5" seeks young and fit or lean students or nsf for fun. add me to msn rangertay@hotmail.com NO UNCLES OR CHUBS PLEASE!!!!

They think they are toned and became arrogant. Indeed they can choose who they want but please drop the insulting words

U can say "prefered same age with me and like to go gym .... sound better than NO UNCLES OR CHUBS PLEASE!!!!"

I am nor uncle nor chub ... but i beleive everyone have their own market just cant bear to know in Singapore people became more rude!!!!!

Guest VsPassinTheNight

r u blind?

The comments actually more than 2 among many ... it was posted in Yahoo.com.sg

Here are more on the facts

http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/06/02/singaporeans-slammed-for-being-rude-in-australian-newspaper/

Yahoonews

more than 2800+ comments if u read ur eyes will pop up like big lohan's fish's eyes

not enough as some may denied yahoo's bloggers are not subjective?

Than this official news web another set of comments

CNA's new official forum

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/viewtopic.php?t=348882&postdays=0&postorder=desc

Surprise how they slam on Racist Australians? it is call trick of splash shit on other faces to cover own smell.

They claim Australians racists yet many talented people seek immigration to Australia, if u were in Perth u can easily smeel out who are Singaporean immigrants there.

Bunch of them ..........

Guest VsPassinTheNight

Uji posted in his profile

where can I find China gay man in Singapore?

====================

Why shud find chinaman in Sg forum? as locals are rude!

Even the str8 looking for chinagals

And when influx of these mainlanders increased lots they complaint to gahmen that have made the gahmen had no choice and tighten immigration rules

laugh laugh laugh.....

why so desperate to 'defend' that we are 'not ungracious'???

No need to join the flogging clan either...

We know that our society is our society. Graciousness is not taught in schools nor examination level for entry to some higher educational institution.

OUR society is moulded to be UNGRACIOUS... and now we try to mold some graciousness back... isn't that TYPICAL of our wonderful country?

so why defend? or attack? our government uses all those campaigns to advance our society the way it wants the local society to advance. Some good some not so good... all campaigned... have less children, have more children, study technical stream, study arts now... study engineering, don't study medicine... you dun remember this? too young? ask your uncles and aunties of the 70s...

Kitaro not allowed into Singapore to perform unless he cuts his hair!! you did not get the message?????

this is OUR reality. no need to do namecalling about jailbird decendants and criminally insane off springs...

that is THEIR reality... that their government does not see any point to do campaigns to advance their society means - either it's not geographically possible given the vast size of the country, or they simply don't think it'd work and there be more pressing issues at hand...

much unlike our peaceful country where we need to keep the brains of our top talents working else go into screensaver mode...

so - people... your very reactions here justify the writer's inference and observations... ya? so if you dun mind, time to pull up your pants and zip it already...

national pride is not about defending and counterattacking such 'observations'... it's about going about to actually make a change in the society... oops... where did everybody go... back to the saunas?

Guest Centrino

I'm proud to be Singaporean. But lets not pull wool over our eyes to think that we are a gracious bunch. We are definitely not. Service levels in 8 out of ten establishments are appalling. Have you ever tried asking a sales assistant or waiter about a certain product/dish...and all you get is a nonchalant "I dont know, I dont care" look from them? Taking the MRT everyday, one sees ungracious behavior, from the lowly educated young and old, to the highly educated executives working in Shenton way. And lets not start pointing our fingers to accuse the 'foreign talents' of adding to our bad name. On many occasions, the first person to offer his/her seat to the elderly on the train, is, guess what, young China students... and what are the rest of the Singaporeans doing? You guessed it, pretending to be asleep or busy playing games on their phones.

For Singaporeans to call Australians racist? The only difference between Australians and us is that a minority of the former show it through actions, while Singaporeans are generally silent on their disdain for other races, and would at most make fun of others behind their back. We are racist deep down our hearts, but we do not show it openly for fear of repercussions...

Guest sushibomb

I'm proud to be Singaporean. But lets not pull wool over our eyes to think that we are a gracious bunch. We are definitely not. Service levels in 8 out of ten establishments are appalling. Have you ever tried asking a sales assistant or waiter about a certain product/dish...and all you get is a nonchalant "I dont know, I dont care" look from them? Taking the MRT everyday, one sees ungracious behavior, from the lowly educated young and old, to the highly educated executives working in Shenton way. And lets not start pointing our fingers to accuse the 'foreign talents' of adding to our bad name. On many occasions, the first person to offer his/her seat to the elderly on the train, is, guess what, young China students... and what are the rest of the Singaporeans doing? You guessed it, pretending to be asleep or busy playing games on their phones.

For Singaporeans to call Australians racist? The only difference between Australians and us is that a minority of the former show it through actions, while Singaporeans are generally silent on their disdain for other races, and would at most make fun of others behind their back. We are racist deep down our hearts, but we do not show it openly for fear of repercussions...

Very surprised to know there is a singaporean who can reflect.

No reflection no improvement.

Guest Hercule

Very surprised to know there is a singaporean who can reflect.

No reflection no improvement.

Well said and i also agree, but why should and moh be the standard by which we used to measure our standards of social graciousness,

why should we compare with the ozs and compare, shouldn't we use the ultimate Japanese standards instead.

Guest oops

oops , posted the reply at the wrong one,

here it is.

Well said and i also agree, but why should and moh be the standard by which we used to measure our standards of social graciousness,

why should we compare with the ozs and compare, shouldn't we use the ultimate Japanese standards instead.

Guest Centrino

oops , posted the reply at the wrong one,

here it is.

Why compare with the ultimate when we can't even get the basics right?

Guest CuriousHunk

What is disturbing to me is the level of replies that say that Australians are racists! :(:unsure:

If aussies are racists,so why then did Singapore Airlines get voted best airline by Australians? Surely, racist Australians should have all voted for Qantas? :rolleyes:

I know racist people are everywhere in all societies. :angry: I have been to 4 asian countries and have seen 1st hand, asians being racist to other asians. :huh:

But the level of hatred directed at Australians in those replies, suggested to me, an under belly of conflict.

I hope it was just people venting their displeasure of being criticised and nothing more? :thumb:

I have worked for an Australian Company... All I have to say is that they are full of themselves... yes, they are good in the way they do things but they almost always think they are the best in the world! And there was this colleague of mine who's like 21 years old and have no respect for us non-Aussies. Why did they rate SQ the best carrier? It's because they pay so much lesser to get on SQ flights and get the best service and product. That's simply the reason.....

Guest sushibomb

I have worked for an Australian Company... All I have to say is that they are full of themselves... yes, they are good in the way they do things but they almost always think they are the best in the world! And there was this colleague of mine who's like 21 years old and have no respect for us non-Aussies. Why did they rate SQ the best carrier? It's because they pay so much lesser to get on SQ flights and get the best service and product. That's simply the reason.....

It's just your colleagure didn't like you.

Nothing to do with social graciousness

Gentlemen,

Chill! Before we highlight more and more examples of rude behaviour from either Singaporeans or other nationalities, consider that there are always good and bad INDIVIDUALS in every society. And if we were to judge a nation or a society by individual members, we would be guilty of the same unbalanced article as that of the lady who started her rant. Individuals are not good indicators to what constitutes a society.

However, on a societal level, before we berate ourselves too much - let us remind ourselves that Singapore is a very young nation. We are less than 50 years old as a nation. We should ignore pre-Independence Singapore - because the people then identified themselves with their country of origin (viz. China, India and Malaya). We became a people united so to speak when we gained sovereignty on 9 August 1965. We are just a baby in comparison to our neighbours in the West and East. Japan, China, Britain have societal histories that span centuries and have more than sufficient time to evolve societal traditions and norms of behaviour.

Do we expect the same level of graciousness from a child that we would expect from an adult? No we do not. We do however expect that child to grow up and learn to be gracious. Let's face it, to some extent graciousness is both taught as much as it is caught as much as it is innate.

And that is where our schools come in - to socialise us to be less self-centred and more people-centred and eventually more society-centred. And that is where the government steps in to highlight behavioural norms like 'Don't litter' etc. Does education always work? Possibly not a 100% but perhaps a little - enough so that the next generation becomes a little better. And this process is how a society evolves.

Follow the Japanese? Follow the Brits?

Possibly, if only to learn the positive and reject the negative. But evolution of a society's graciousness is endemic to that society. Can we ever be truly comfortable with ourselves, if we put on a non-Singaporean covering?

Bottom-line? Chill... we are not gracious yet, but we want to be. And in time we will evolve a Singaporean graciousness that is truly ours. And yes, there will always be individuals (both Singaporeans and non-Singaporeans) who are rude - but I'll be damned if I allow myself to use individuals as my yardstick for Singapore as a nation.

And ironic as this post is - it really is unnecessary to have to put finger to keyboard to enlighten bigoted people with limited sense about Singapore's level of graciousness. It would be easier to let howling dogs continue to howl at the moon. Sadly however graciousness compels me to try to enlighten dark and twisted minds.

Guest La rude belle

The root of the problem is majority of sinkies are descended from Peasant stock, just look at a few generations ago, our great , grandparents are the ones who spit indiscriminately, thanks to our glorious chor chong from the middle kingdom who also think highly of themselves and treated all non chinese looking peoples as barbarians, our forefathers eat at the riverside , squatting in the hot sun and finished meals in three gulps, for those who have a table and stool to sit for meals they were so set in their ways , that they ate with a squatting pose on the stool,

can you imagine ?

we still have uncles who behave like that , in eateries in Geylang, Serangoon road , Balestier rd, eat with kar kiaw kiaw. One leg propped on the chair thankfully they are dying off generation

As for the spitting habit , I lamented to my foreign friend that it is habit that probably will be passed down, to the younger generation , beacuse kids imitate what their elders do.

We can't change the fact that some of our ancestors are the peasant variety, there fore exhibit certain peasant habits lah it will probably take another five generations.

Another point I want to highlight of peasant stock habits that still persists till today.

You see many sitting type western style toilets, there are still people climbing on top to squat and do their business , leaving ugly shoe marks and other unpleasant shitty stuff splattered around the once clean bowl.

Till this day and age , we still have squatters, and then it will take maybe another five generation of families before we can see some uniformity in social graces.

I's like to reiterate we are a nation made up of peasant stock,so we will still have remnants of peasant behaviour , kampung behaviour if u see what I mean .

LOL

Yes.

That's precisely my point.

We are a terribly young society - thrust into 'modern' times. Like an 'enfant terrible' in the midst of unforgiving adults who scrutinise our behaviours. And these adults, Westerners and grand old Oriental dames like Lady Japan pooh pooh our behaviour using the lens of their more establish societies.

Yes, we are from peasant stock. And yes, peasant mannerisms have imprinted themselves in our societal DNA and so has persisted to this day. But are we still peasants? Really?

Does one or two or ten peasant-like mannerisms mean that we are all peasants?

Its a matter of choice of course. But I prefer to take the view that we are work in progress. The alternative view that we are from peasant stock and will take an extraordinary effort to 'escape' our rpeasant-ness is really too bleak to contemplate.

We are kiasu and we are kiasi. But we are equally becoming something other than peasant - well at least I hope that I and other Singaporeans around me are working our redemption day by day. And yes, individuals are not indicators of the norm but then...

Singaporeans taking a stand to defend Singapore's graciousness (or lack therefore) and Singaporeans passion for opening their wallets to voluntarily help others are as far from peasant behaviour and mentality as it is possible to be.

So at the end of the day, do we really see everybody squatting on the stools or chairs at the food courts? Do we see young people everywhere spitting indiscriminately spitting? We see a few individuals doing this. But I doubt its the norm. Well I hope its not the norm.

So we have come to someplace and we want to journey somemore - which I think is great.

Yes, to the uncle who spits and to the auntie who cuts queue - these exist. Perhaps to serve as a negative example for the next group of Singaporeans.

Whoops! Had forgotten - blame it on my impending senility.

Despite our purported lack of manners...

I am proud to say, peasant and all, that never once in our youth has Singapore ever had the incredibly rude manners to invade another country, to massacre its people or to steal its lands. We've instead, as a nation state sent relief and aid to all who needed us. Perhaps a sign of our base-born behaviour? Or perhaps a sign that we peasants are capable of learning?

Rather than being passive and just being upset about being slammed by the Australians, we should perhaps we can learn about manners from the Australians. I mean, they are after all paragons of good manners.

We are accused of being racist in our dealings with other races in Singapore. But really we are amateurs compared to many other more established societies - I mean we impotently just talk bad about these other races and exclude them from our conversations, exclude them from our parties etc. Which is really very terrible.

Perhaps just like learning manners from the Australians, we should also learn from them how they graciously deal with other races. We could learn from the Australians how they dealt with the Aborigines - during the Black War. And how they kindly, from 1869 to 1969 forcibly separated Aborigine children from their parents and put into law the ban on teaching of Aborigine culture and language - creating the 'Stolen Generation'.

Hmm... perhaps after all, I'd rather be rude in my humble and inept Singaporean way.

Guest slam back

The root of the problem is majority of sinkies are descended from Peasant stock, just look at a few generations ago, our great , grandparents are the ones who spit indiscriminately, thanks to our glorious chor chong from the middle kingdom who also think highly of themselves and treated all non chinese looking peoples as barbarians, our forefathers eat at the riverside , squatting in the hot sun and finished meals in three gulps, for those who have a table and stool to sit for meals they were so set in their ways , that they ate with a squatting pose on the stool,

can you imagine ?

we still have uncles who behave like that , in eateries in Geylang, Serangoon road , Balestier rd, eat with kar kiaw kiaw. One leg propped on the chair thankfully they are dying off generation

As for the spitting habit , I lamented to my foreign friend that it is habit that probably will be passed down, to the younger generation , beacuse kids imitate what their elders do.

We can't change the fact that some of our ancestors are the peasant variety, there fore exhibit certain peasant habits lah it will probably take another five generations.

Another point I want to highlight of peasant stock habits that still persists till today.

You see many sitting type western style toilets, there are still people climbing on top to squat and do their business , leaving ugly shoe marks and other unpleasant shitty stuff splattered around the once clean bowl.

Till this day and age , we still have squatters, and then it will take maybe another five generation of families before we can see some uniformity in social graces.

I's like to reiterate we are a nation made up of peasant stock,so we will still have remnants of peasant behaviour , kampung behaviour if u see what I mean .

LOL

This one sounded like that one who just got blasted into shreds and now no face to come back.

Your observations are just about a handful of the "peasant stock" who had not progressed along with time.

They are are a pitiful lot who had been left behind mostly by circumstances.

However, I have yet to see squatting diner anywhere now.

But the most unpleasant and shameful behaviour are actually those banana people or "kay angmoh"; trying very hard faking an angmoh accent, who are full of themselves who also look down on the less cultured.

Banana people forgot that they are also from the "peasant stock", also yellow inside.

Unfortunately, there are more such bananas here than there are squatting diners.

Guest -Around-

So many valid points rise but here's my own 2 cents worth.

Do not forget Singapore is still a young nation with a short history compare to many other countries. We come a long way to blend the different cultures, lifestyle and way of life before we all could live in racial harmony. It is still evident that the older generations are still around and many of them are not educated with basic courtesy or social etiquette and many of the offspring learnt their habits. The old saying "monkey see monkey do".

While it is distasteful that many singaporeans are not a gracious bunch yet but it takes time for it to set in and all these views are only from a minority. I am sure everyone has seen people who give up seats willingly to the elderly or those that pretend to sleep on mrt/buses. My friends who study overseas in different parts of Australia has told me how racist those aussie can be but so far my exchange trip or my holidays over there has been splendid and so heart warming by those people =)

So many valid points rise but here's my own 2 cents worth.

Do not forget Singapore is still a young nation with a short history compare to many other countries. We come a long way to blend the different cultures, lifestyle and way of life before we all could live in racial harmony. It is still evident that the older generations are still around and many of them are not educated with basic courtesy or social etiquette and many of the offspring learnt their habits. The old saying "monkey see monkey do".

While it is distasteful that many singaporeans are not a gracious bunch yet but it takes time for it to set in and all these views are only from a minority. I am sure everyone has seen people who give up seats willingly to the elderly or those that pretend to sleep on mrt/buses. My friends who study overseas in different parts of Australia has told me how racist those aussie can be but so far my exchange trip or my holidays over there has been splendid and so heart warming by those people =)

Well said! I could not have put it any better myself!

Guest sushibomb

This one sounded like that one who just got blasted into shreds and now no face to come back.

Your observations are just about a handful of the "peasant stock" who had not progressed along with time.

They are are a pitiful lot who had been left behind mostly by circumstances.

However, I have yet to see squatting diner anywhere now.

But the most unpleasant and shameful behaviour are actually those banana people or "kay angmoh"; trying very hard faking an angmoh accent, who are full of themselves who also look down on the less cultured.

Banana people forgot that they are also from the "peasant stock", also yellow inside.

Unfortunately, there are more such bananas here than there are squatting diners.

Your crudity is not thire (banana people?) fault.

Don't barking up the wrong tree, or just envy them?

Guest La rude belle

Seems like my comments about sinkies descending from peasant stock therefore have exhibited peasant stock behaviours have stung some people very badly, the truth hurts but it is still the truth.

We are an immigrant cociety , made up o people from far corners of the globe and peasant stock from around the region. Period.

If you have not seen something with your own eyes it doesn't mean it does not exist . Just go to some older parts of Balestier rd and sit down and eat and watch out for old men who will behave their peasant ways.

Well no one had made any comments about my observations about people climbing onto sitting western toilets to do their business,

let me add on that public toilets here have feces floating on the floor after someone recently did their washing of backside and can't be bothered to rinse away the remnants and let the poor toilet auntie or uncle to do the dirty job .

Can someone summarise why this behaviour is still happening ?

La rude belle, the disparity of the rich and the poor, the educated and the uneducated, the young and the old, etc. would have difference social behaviours. Just because there are a few old uncles in Balestier eating with their legs up doesn't mean that the whole Singapore's uncle population are doing similar.

Now, although your posting did highlight certain truth about the heartlander's mentality, but it is your condescending tone that people here takes offend. Terms like Sinkies (derogatory slang for Singaporean), peasant stock (another derogatory reference), etc. Such 'atas', Bibik, SPG tone is uncalled for coming from a fellow Singaporean. Although you might have move 'up' to another 'atas' level, there is no need to be condescending here.

Guest Guest

La rude belle, the disparity of the rich and the poor, the educated and the uneducated, the young and the old, etc. would have difference social behaviours. Just because there are a few old uncles in Balestier eating with their legs up doesn't mean that the whole Singapore's uncle population are doing similar.

Now, although your posting did highlight certain truth about the heartlander's mentality, but it is your condescending tone that people here takes offend. Terms like Sinkies (derogatory slang for Singaporean), peasant stock (another derogatory reference), etc. Such 'atas', Bibik, SPG tone is uncalled for coming from a fellow Singaporean. Although you might have move 'up' to another 'atas' level, there is no need to be condescending here.

I wonder where in my post did i mentioned that i am more atas than the rest of the folks here, I admit i am also of peasnat stock too, the reason why i used sinkies and finally someone takes notice of this derogatory word is because for a long time our fellow countryman has used this term to call Hong Kong people Hongkies which HONGKONG people really take offence to and they don't understand why Singapore people call hongkonger the term hongkies.

Finally , someone has noticed,

i am just playing the devil's advocate to stimulate people to think

When Singaporeans go to Australia and they say they were shown racist behaviour , do they also think that as a whole do Singp exhibit certain racist behaviours to their own countrymen and those from neighbouring countries also.

Parhaps , i will write in a more neutral and politically correct tone nest time .

I only have the best intentions to highlight certain things.

I did give a warning by signing on as La rude belle. So readers were not unprepared before reading on.

I reiterate that i am not more atas , and i am definitely not a bibik .

But thanks for the feedback

Well, it is not hard to 'see' from reading your post you are out to 'attract' attention...and attention is exactly what you get. So let's not get defensive when you are suddenly faced with All the attention from fellow Singaporeans.

It's ok to highlight that; Yes, Singapore does has its share of 'ugly' people, but the tone here can be better abide being rude.

Here is another feedback:

Instead of; "Seems like my comments about sinkies descending from peasant stock therefore have exhibited peasant stock behaviours have stung some people very badly, the truth hurts but it is still the truth."

It could have been; "Seems like my comments about the ugly Singaporean whom were migrant descendants themselves had stung some people very badly, truth hurts but it is still the truth."

There is really no need to speak in a condescending tone and manner and offend every other Singaporeans not involved in this argument, don't you think so?

How can one not conclude that you had displayed 'atas' behaviour?

Well, it is not hard to 'see' from reading your post you are out to 'attract' attention...and attention is exactly what you get. So let's not get defensive when you are suddenly faced with All the attention from fellow Singaporeans.

It's ok to highlight that; Yes, Singapore does has its share of 'ugly' people, but the tone here can be better abide being rude.

Here is another feedback:

Instead of; "Seems like my comments about sinkies descending from peasant stock therefore have exhibited peasant stock behaviours have stung some people very badly, the truth hurts but it is still the truth."

It could have been; "Seems like my comments about the ugly Singaporean whom were migrant descendants themselves had stung some people very badly, truth hurts but it is still the truth."

There is really no need to speak in a condescending tone and manner and offend every other Singaporeans not involved in this argument, don't you think so?

How can one not conclude that you had displayed 'atas' behaviour?

Bingo!

This is also known as 狗嘴里长不出象牙

Oops, someone needs to consult chinese friends again.

Edited by cock brand

• 10 months later...
Guest Guest

Bikini girls stage protest over dog-walking dispute

The China Post/Asia News Network

Fri, Apr 15, 2011

20110415.181056_bikini.jpg

TAIWAN - A socialite led a number of young women dressed in bikini yesterday in holding a protest at the Hsinchu Science Park over a dog-walking dispute.

Not often seen in public places, the bikini girls caused a stir in the science park and resulted in a traffic jam as well as a car accident, according to local media reports yesterday.

The 40-year-old Wang Shiuan, daughter of Donald Wang, founder of the Micropore, Inc., together with several ladies in bikini, held banners to accuse the administration of suppression.

Wang, who lives in a rented apartment in the science park, said she had repeatedly received warnings from the administration, reminding her that pets are not allowed in the science park. "I am not the only one who is raising dogs in the science park," she said.

Wang claimed that the administration's action was unfair and apparently done to favor Pai Lien-pin, who also lives in the neighborhood.

Wang and Pai are currently engaged in a legal suit over a dog-walking dispute that happened last year.

Wang added that she asked fellow protectors to wear bikini to show that she has nothing to hide.

She urged the administration to stop intervening in the legal suit.

Pai, wife of ZyXEL's president, filed a suit against Wang last September after Pai's housekeeper was bitten by Wang's dog as the latter was walking it.

In retaliation, the 56-year-old Pai later used a walking stick to hit Wang's dog. She also assaulted Wang with the same stick after the latter came to stop her from attacking the animal.

Wang later filed a lawsuit against Pai. Pai's housekeeper subsequently sued Wang over the dog bite.

Bikini girls stage protest over dog-walking dispute

The China Post/Asia News Network

Fri, Apr 15, 2011

20110415.181056_bikini.jpg

TAIWAN - A socialite led a number of young women dressed in bikini yesterday in holding a protest at the Hsinchu Science Park over a dog-walking dispute.

Not often seen in public places, the bikini girls caused a stir in the science park and resulted in a traffic jam as well as a car accident, according to local media reports yesterday.

The 40-year-old Wang Shiuan, daughter of Donald Wang, founder of the Micropore, Inc., together with several ladies in bikini, held banners to accuse the administration of suppression.

Wang, who lives in a rented apartment in the science park, said she had repeatedly received warnings from the administration, reminding her that pets are not allowed in the science park. "I am not the only one who is raising dogs in the science park," she said.

Wang claimed that the administration's action was unfair and apparently done to favor Pai Lien-pin, who also lives in the neighborhood.

Wang and Pai are currently engaged in a legal suit over a dog-walking dispute that happened last year.

Wang added that she asked fellow protectors to wear bikini to show that she has nothing to hide.

She urged the administration to stop intervening in the legal suit.

Pai, wife of ZyXEL's president, filed a suit against Wang last September after Pai's housekeeper was bitten by Wang's dog as the latter was walking it.

In retaliation, the 56-year-old Pai later used a walking stick to hit Wang's dog. She also assaulted Wang with the same stick after the latter came to stop her from attacking the animal.

Wang later filed a lawsuit against Pai. Pai's housekeeper subsequently sued Wang over the dog bite.

I'm not surprised they caused a car accident. :lol:

From the picture, it already looks like they were deciding to use their looks to 'convince' others.

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest

I visited Australia in 2001 and spent 3 mths touring the whole country on the train.

However , there was this single episode that happened in Melbourne. I was walking along the main street around noon and I passed by a pub. There were a couple of young Aussies (in their 20s) drinking beer. Two of them shouted at me "Chin Chong Chin". I stopped and stared at them. They thot I was going to beat them up. I did not but continued walking.

Still, Australia is a beautiful country with fresh air & good food. I also met some friendly and nice Aussies.

what a bitch.

there are rude people in every society. as if there's no rudeness in behavious in freaking Australia ?

I have been there and being made to wait at d cash counter for 15 mins at a local convenience store in a small town juz cos d cashier was busy talking face to face to another friend. And i was a tourist and i was like tapping and hello , hello .. and that bloody bitch juz looked at me and juz kept on talking.

then 15 mins later, she processed my item.

if not for d fact that i needed tat item and it was a small town for a one night stopover whilst travelling cross country and knowing d bloody shops close early, i would have walked out.

Guest Guest

what a bitch.

there are rude people in every society. as if there's no rudeness in behavious in freaking Australia ?

I have been there and being made to wait at d cash counter for 15 mins at a local convenience store in a small town juz cos d cashier was busy talking face to face to another friend. And i was a tourist and i was like tapping and hello , hello .. and that bloody bitch juz looked at me and juz kept on talking.

then 15 mins later, she processed my item.

if not for d fact that i needed tat item and it was a small town for a one night stopover whilst travelling cross country and knowing d bloody shops close early, i would have walked out.

Which town, Alice Spring?

I had 3 not so pleasant encounters in Australia.

First was with a couple of teenage guys who ask for a few dollars from me while walking along the main road in broad day light. When I refused their request, they started hurling vuglarities.

Next was with a group of young teenagers asking for ciggy. After I have given the first stick to the first one, it occur to me that he might not be 18 yet. Next thing I realized, a group of almost 10 came asking too! Naturally I told them no.

Last but not least, when I was walking with a two girls back to the hotel after dinner, a group of sporty guys were coming from the opposite direction. Suddenly, one cute guy flashed at the 2 girls!!! :twisted: Needless to say, the 2 girls were screaming away while I was happily ogglging away at the impressive size...

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Merlion

I like Singapore and had been witnessing the Town Council as well as other government bodies have been promoting courtesy campaign etc... ...Through my experiences, Singapore is one of the preferred choice for both temporary and permanent stay. I just convert to a Singapore citizenship from New Zealand. Cheers!

Guest Guest

Just got back Plaza Singapura. As I was taking the escalator down to B1. There was an Ang Moh in front of me, apaarently agitated. He was in a hurry and was trying to find a quick exit. But there were people not keeping to the left and blocking his way. I guess this must have been given him the impression that Singaporeans are rude.

It would be nice to say thanks:

1. when someone leaves the door open for you

2. the bus driver waits for you.

3. the waiter fills up your glass of water.

Towards a more gracious planet :)

• 9 months later...

‘Pregnant man’ Thomas Beatie splits from wife

thomas-beatie-pregnant_582x441.jpg

Thomas Beatie, who made headlines in 2008 as the only legally recognized man known to have given birth, has separated from his wife of nine years, according to People magazine.

Beatie, who has had three children with wife Nancy, announced the split during a taping of the CBS syndicated show "The Doctors."

"Like all marriages, we have our ups and downs, and we're going through a rough patch right now," the 38-year-old Beattie said on the show, which will air May 7. "At the moment, we're separated."

Beatie also revealed that he's had the final female-to-male gender reassignment surgery.

Thomas-Beatie.jpg

Thomas Beatie, his wife Nancy and daughter Susan on Dec. 7, 2008.

"Nancy hasn't seen the new me yet," said Beatie, who started the sex-reassignment surgeries in 2002.

The couple wed in 2003 in Hawaii, and Beatie gave birth to their first child, Susan, in July 2008. Since then, he has given birth to two sons, Austin and Jensen. All three children were conceived through artificial insemination from a sperm donor.

The entire family, who lives in Bend, Ore., appeared on another episode of "The Doctors" in October, during which time Beatie revealed he was considering a hysterectomy, according to People.

He also discussed how people have reacted to the transgendered dad and his family, and detailed the medical complications from years of hormone treatments.

Beatie was born in Hawaii as Tracy Lagondino in 1974. He was a Girl Scout, model, and finalist in a Miss Hawaii Teen USA pageant before he began to dress and live as a man in his 20s, he told People. He had sex-reassignment surgery in 2002, took twice-weekly doses of testosterone, and had his breasts surgically removed during his female-to-male transition before legally changing his gender on his passport and Hawaii driver's license.

265318-thomas-beatie.jpg

Virgin Until 34 Becomes Father of 82 at 42

U2727P2DT20120419160135.jpg

Dutch historian, alternative sperm donor, Ed Houben

U2727P2DT20120419160157.jpg

the Hoban and his one of the “biological daughter” playing

According to the German media and British media reported on the 17th, the 42-year-old Ed Hoban is a historian of Maastricht, the Netherlands. He is still a virgin until the age of 34. Ten years ago, he suddenly decided to act as a sperm donor, unexpected, many women do not want “artificial insemination” means, but by “Nature made man and his sexual relations,” The way pregnancy.

the

women volunteered “Nature made man”

as early as age 29, Hoban, he suddenly want to act as a sperm donor. The Hogben often to a Dutch infertility clinics and sperm donations. Four years later, because of their donated sperm count has been enough for 25 women pregnant, according to Dutch law, he can not revert to the sperm bank to donate. However, Hoban still hope to help more people, so he logged a specialized website to help same-sex couples to pregnant maternity.

Hoban play free sperm advertising on the site, a time, many strange women have and get in touch with these women some lesbian, some single, some her husband is infertile. However, many women desire to become pregnant do not want to be “artificial insemination”, but to accept his donation of sperm through direct sexual relations and his “, and that this” Nature made man Act can be improved “conception of probability”. 34 years old, Hoban’s “virginity” dedicated to a strange desire to become pregnant woman.

want to be free of sperm and conditions

infertility clinic or sperm bank for the donation of sperm “the need to charge the costs of at least 4000-5000 pounds, and he always insist on free sperm donations, throughout Europe, a strange desire to become pregnant women have contact with him.

However, Hoban listed on the site’s rules of “natural sperm, those who wish to obtain donated sperm the female medical examination report must be provided to prove their physical health through a sexual relationship with him. including drug abuse, AIDS, syphilis, hepatitis, gonorrhea and other sexually transmitted diseases, while at the same time, Hoban will also provide their own health report, including a sperm analysis of medical reports show that he per milliliter of semen have sperm count. Hoban an interview with reporters, said: “My sperm analysis 100000000-110000000 sperm per milliliter of semen, which means that I let the women successfully conceived a very high probability.”

In addition, Hoban will require these women to sign a “give up the legal documents that require child support, these women must file a statement, Hoban will not need to biological born through donated sperm school children to bear any children alimony.

82 biological sons and daughters “

In the past nine years, the Hoban through “natural sperm 100 women in Europe when the mother’s dream. Berlin, Germany Women’s “Cleopatra” (network name) is a molecular biologist who holds a doctorate, she had to pay a few any boyfriend, but do not want to have children, so she can be at least 30 years of age and want to have children, to her but do not have a boyfriend. “Cleopatra” by the network to know Hoban, the identity of his “historians” that she was quite satisfied, in December last year, two similar first met. Since then, every month of ovulation comes in “Cleopatra” see a face together as a “made man”.

So far, Hoban has 82 biological children, 10 women has just pregnant Huo children. These “biological children” has 9 years of age, the youngest was only two months old, including 45 girls, 35 boys, there are two sex unknown, because the mother of two children refused to tell the sex of a baby Hoban. Each year, some the Hoban pregnant women will take their children came to Holland, Hoban and children reunite father and son “time. Hoban will invite a number of biological children and their parents to the Netherlands a guest.

Dutch sperm donor, 82 biological children failed to let his girlfriend pregnant

However, Hoban has yet let his girlfriend pregnant pregnant.

Dutch man sperm 8 years old to 82 children into Europe’s most prolific male

U6860P2DT20120422080408.jpg

Europe’s largest sperm bank, one of Nordisk sperm bank fine trucks

the sperm was a virgin before, and never charges

a person can have the number of children? Living in 荷兰马赫特 Lister historian Ed Hoban answer is: 82 and another 10 still in the womb. In addition to the two did not know the gender of the child, he had 35 sons and 45 daughters.

Of course, these children are not born by a mother, Hoban to their mothers with an alternative way to donate sperm. Hoban give mothers bring happiness is his creed, raising the child is not responsible for his consideration. Hoban “biological significance” children in Belgium, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand and Spain, and further expansion “.

“his” road

goal: 83 children

In to “manufacture” the way of the 83 children, a climbing equipment Hoban out of the Berlin International Airport, straight walk to the bus station, an expectant mother is waiting for him to “solve problems”.

Hoban has three children in Berlin, and the remaining 79 in other cities with other countries, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, New Zealand and Spain. He used a spreadsheet to record the name, sex and date of birth of children. Almost 9 years old, the youngest only two months.

him to change to get off the subway, but also for a car non-stop rush to that expectant mothers. He kept his watch, almost 23:00. He said: “may not have much time romantic.”

In fact, the next morning Hoban another “reserve” means having sexual contact with women who make an appointment with him to donate sperm website.

the next day at noon, Hoban in a roadside cafe, ordered a cup of hot chocolate, and look very tired. Was a short night. “Said Hoban, 1 meter tall and 90 due to the twists and turns of the traffic last night, he was late for 30 minutes last night’s first single did not catch up.

mothers habit of going to bed early, so very happy, today we are going to try again. “he also said he caught up with the morning appointment. He got up early, rushed to the other a quasi-mother, she had coffee and breakfast prepared for him. After eating, she invited him to the bedroom to start working.

The Huo this

already lost count of the current total of pick up the number of single, presumably to keep every month 10 to 15 women. “he said.

sperm end virgin career

Hoban engaged in this work to affect themselves and others life “has been 10 years.

he was not a playboy. The Hoban age of 10 his father left him and his mother, one brother died of illness at age 22. Since then, he became quiet, and go to school, join the army, college, work, life is bland also no fun. “When I came into contact with women, found that girls like it seems that the alien women want handsome appearance and the athletes body of her boyfriend, not me such a nerd and bean sprouts.” Hoban said.

to the 29-year-old

, Hoban is still “a loner, no girlfriend, he suddenly wants to have a family. At this time, he found that around a lot of people faced with such difficulties. According to German media statistics, Germany about 1400 women each year through the sperm bank pregnancy success. In addition, there are a lot of women to clinics in Germany and Britain to accept the pregnancy, “artificial insemination”.

aware of

Hoban – perhaps “change your life from the beginning of change someone else’s”. He then came to the Netherlands, an infertility clinic to donate sperm. When he later reported the matter to his brother and sister, these two “old hippies” have to congratulate him and praised him in a meaningful good. Hoban seems to find their own path in life.

four years after the donation of

Hoban’s sperm count has been enough for 25 women pregnant. According to Dutch law, he has not revert to the sperm bank donated. Moreover, women infertility clinic or sperm bank to obtain donated sperm, need to pay £ 4,000 to £ 5,000, a lot of people can not afford to pay this money. In addition, due to the European policy of the donated sperm is very strict, some women can not go to the clinic to obtain donated sperm.

In order to help more women, the Hoban began to choose more “direct and natural” way to the other sperm. In 2004, Hoban “sperm” and the end of 34-year-old virgin career.

“his” standards

a particular liking to the knowledge of women

choose this way, the Hoban noted that a lot of sperm through the release of traditional advertising services, such as “Hans, 28 years old, athletes such introduction. However, Hoban is too rough, he believes that the sperm can not be “excessive, no rules”.

therefore, he listed on the site’s rules of “natural sperm, and his female to write a long letter to each and every contact. Those who wish by women and his sexual relations and access to donated sperm must provide a medical examination report to prove their physical health, including drug abuse, AIDS, syphilis, hepatitis, gonorrhea and other sexually transmitted diseases.

highly educated women for me very important, because most of them relatively healthy. “According to Hoban, he helped conceive of women and 10 doctors.

At the same time, Hoban will also provide their own health reports, including a sperm analysis of the medical report showing the number of sperm per milliliter of semen. “I have been successful and they have had sexual contact with 80% of women giving birth. This is my success rate.” He said with a smile.

the different the

The

know the name of the 82 children

a lot of people will be completely sperm treated as “a profitable business,” Hoban on the contrary, he never charge fees to prospective mothers, just give him toll on you. For example, the journey of the sperm of Germany, the German mothers just to pay airfare and bus fare Houben from the Netherlands to Berlin, about 130 euros, plus part of the credit card tax. However, she also provided for Hoban food when Hoban also cafes, the mother is at home to do a traditional German-style mushroom soup, Hoban 14:00 to go back to continue his work .

anonymous sperm donor, Hoban believes that every child the right to know who their biological father, rather than waiting until adulthood are found through legal channels. Photos of his 82 children in the the Hoban room digital photo frame, constantly flashed, he can read out the name of each child.

Comment: "As a homosexual, would you still want to have your own children that carry your own DNA?"

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

• 10 months later...

This news is funny.  Read it.  There is a video clip in this link.

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/animation/today/index/20130321/34901556/Today

[台北報導] 台北市一對高中小情侶去年約會時,一時「性」起在公園暗處由女替男口交,不料因楊姓高三生射精在女友衣服上,令女友爆怒:「你弄髒我的衣服了!」雙方大吵一架,口交當場變口角,楊男為阻止女友離去,搶走她的手機,女友憤而報警告他性侵加搶劫。士林地檢署調查後,認為性侵證據不足,僅將楊男依搶奪罪起訴。

暗巷愛撫爆口角

據了解,事後雙方因此事分手,十七歲的女學生甚至不願承認兩人曾交往。女學生供稱,當天兩人只是出去約會,但楊男(十八歲)卻趁兩人在北市大同區朝陽公園內聊天時,突然搶走她的iPhone 4S手機,並說:「我不幫他口交,他就把我的手機丟掉。」因手機內有許多重要資料,她只好委曲同意。
楊男雖坦承搶走女方手機,但堅決否認強逼口交,楊男說兩人就是男女朋友,還說:「當天是她主動要求幫我手淫,還指著防火巷示意到那邊親熱,我是跟著她進入巷內的。」
據檢方調查,兩人是在去年十月十五日晚上外出約會時,一時「性」起跑到北市大同區朝陽公園旁防火巷內互相愛撫,接著由女替男口交,不料楊男後來射精在女方衣服上,讓女友大為光火罵道:「你弄髒我的衣服了!」兩人爆發激烈爭吵,口交變口角。 

阻離去搶女手機

楊男為阻止女友離去,於是出手搶走女友手機,女友沿路追喊:「手機還我,搶劫喔!」熱心路人見狀報警處理,女友也怒告楊男性侵及搶劫。
但檢方查出,女學生第一時間並未向路人、或目擊兩人追逐的雜貨店老闆娘及到場處理警員表示遭到性侵,加上縱使楊男以搶走手機威脅口交,但從公園走到防火巷近十分鐘路程中,女學生遇到路人也未呼救,故認定性侵部分證據不足,將楊男不起訴。

• 2 weeks later...

Thai Beggar Gives $40,000 To Temple Near Bangkok

BANGKOK - A 63-year-old Thai beggar, who suffers from polio and speech impairment, has donated one million baht (S$40,000) to a temple near Bangkok.

Nanyang Siang Pau reported that Aiam Cambhiranon, who has been begging at Wat Rai King (Rai King Temple) for the past 34 years, gave the money on Thursday.

It was the third time he had donated to the temple. The Saraburi native first gave 400,000 baht to the temple in April 2011 and donated almost one million baht last year.

That second donation made headlines in Thai newspapers then.

Aiam, who has no family members, said he had been getting 3,000 baht to 4,000 baht in alms daily on weekdays from the public and 20,000 to 40,000 baht on weekends since his second donation.

• 1 month later...

He's indeed very handsome .... :)   Maybe we should also start a thread to handsome guys who operate at any hawker stall, shop, foodcourt, etc .... so that we can go admire them.

廣州潮汕地區最近出了個話題人物,一位在天河南街區賣手機殼的年輕人由於長相俊俏,被人封為「擺攤帥哥」。不知道是不是帥帥惹人嫉的緣故,他每天會被執法單位趕7、8次,讓網友開玩笑說,「如果我是城管,我也會天天追他!」

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/擺攤帥哥-每天被趕7-8次-網友笑-我是城管也會追-032300489.html

W020130529566292054663.jpg

61c99730jw1e55jmi39coj208c0w7whk.jpg

• G_M changed the title to Chicago Teen kills self after being questioned about sexual encounter with a girl
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.