Male HQ

Interesting Foreign (Non Gay) News Outside Singapore (Compiled)

Guest Tourists

Caught on camera after a play during the NCAA football game featuring West Virginia at Oklahoma.

FALaBgXUYAIUCmt?format=jpg

That image is a bit reminiscent of this baseball scene from a children's movie of years gone by.

FALbq66UcAcYntE?format=jpg

Obvious difference being that the film scene was a bunch of kids instead of university students.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Meanly Preacher

In the NFL, Jacksonville Jaguars coach Urban Meyer is in trouble over being seen getting a lap dance from a young woman at a bar, after losing a game.

+

+

The middle tweet is obviously a joke making fun of Trevor Lawrence's long hair and the Shelley in the "It Wasn't Me" parody refers to Urban's crazy wife.

Why are there so many NFL scandals all of a sudden? Jon Gruden has now been forced to resign as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders after the leaking of racist, homophobic, and sexist e-mails that he sent to a former Washington Football Team executive many years ago.

Gruden almost got away unpunished after the leak of the first e-mail in which he made racially insensitive comments about the lips of the Players Union chief, who is black, but when the anti-gay and anti-woman e-mails were leaked next, there was no way he could stay.

Guest Meanly Preacher

I want to add more context on the scandal that led to Jon Gruden resigning as a coach. His friend Bruce Allen's e-mails were swept up as part of a sexual harrassment investigation against Washington's team management and that data included his exchanges with Gruden which contained the deplorable comments that NFL fans learned about starting last Friday. I agree that Gruden could have basically gotten away with a simple apology for one racist e-mail ... or one homophobic e-mail ... or one sexist e-mail ... but not with what turned out to be a seven-year deluge of disgusting remarks that are absolutely unacceptable in the 21st Century. Here are a few more media reports on the issue.

+

+

+

+

+

+

Making the homophobic comments worse about Michael Sam, who was the first openly gay player drafted into the NFL but then failed to make the team, is that Gruden ended up coaching Carl Nassib, who is the league's only current openly gay player. Having a very important player on a team knowing that his coach despises people like him is a recipe for disaster so that is another reason Gruden had to go. Barely getting mentioned in the media is the fact that he called the NFL Commissioner an anti-gay term (he's straight as far as anyone knows) as well as the revelation that Gruden and Allen swapped topless photos of Washington cheerleaders without their knowledge or (obviously) consent.

Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer
On 10/14/2021 at 6:00 AM, Guest 2003 said:

gruden.png

Based on the sheer amount of racist voters in America, Jon Gruden could very well win the Republikkkan nomination if Donald Trump isn't an option, which is a very frightening idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In yet another NFL scandal, Aaron Rodgers tested positive for COVID after previously lying to everybody, and claiming to have been "immunized" before the season. With his inexperienced young substitute Jordan Love forced to take his place, Green Bay predictably lost to Kansas City, and they looked terrible for the entire game.

Rodgers is engaged to wacko Hollywood actress Shailene Woodley, who is a big "alternative medicine" supporter, and is suspected of helping him get in touch with a homeopathic guru whose "treatments" led the NFL star to believe he had become "immune" to COVID. Two multi-millionaires still too out there to believe in science.

Guest Meanly Preacher

Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous. If he is against the vaccine, he should have admitted it from the start, and followed the NFL rules for unvaccinated players all along.

+

+

+

+

aaron.jpg

+

+

+

+

To pretend that he was vaccinated, expose himself to Rona, and potentially infect others who thought he was vaccinated perfectly illustrates rich selfishness.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:55 PM, Guest Dancing Around A Long Pole said:

Rodgers + Woodley ...

Spoiled Athlete + Granola Actress ...

Those Always End Up Being Problematic Couples!

Yes, agreed, Aaron and Shailene are both wacked out.

Guest Viennetta Scoops Out Betta

Another day, another school shooting, so sad for American children and families.

Something should be done to stop this because getting killed in school is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer

Urban Meyer was fired by the Jacksonville Jaguars after midnight following the team's day off. His star player Trevor Lawrence didn't even find out until waking up first thing the next morning.

Urban Meyer went from the top of the NCAA to the bottom of the NFL in less than one season. His dismal performance may have ruined his reputation as a legendary football coach forever.

FGtNebfXwAMAl3u?format=jpg

Urban Meyer being fired was announced by the Jags at 12:35 AM, as can be seen from the timestamp on the snapshot of the press release, which shows in the end all respect had been lost.

Urban Meyer and pretty much everyone around the NFL had to think the axe would fall eventually, due to his lapdance episode mentioned up the page, but maybe not until after the season.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not a fan of tennis,  but I got interested in the issue of Novak Djokovic coming to Australia without their usual requirements of being vaccinated.  

It is admirable the skill of this champion who won 20 Grand Slam titles !!!

And it is remarkable what a MORON this champion is otherwise,  now on the verge to receive a Grand Slam on his Ass that will kick him out of a country that has more respect for the fairness of its laws than for some dude that plays good tennis. I guess that I am just an insignificant person hoping that reason and fairness prevail.

Serbs are often difficult people.  I have a good friend from college whose family is Serbian, and I know how tough and hardheaded they are.  If I am perhaps hardheaded... this is nothing.

Djokovic apparently lied about his travel prior to Australia, and hid his infectious status when he was awarded some trophies in Serbia, where he knowingly mingled with the people on that occasion.  He didn't respect the right of the good people who were celebrating him, to be protected from the infection he had.   So where is his right to be granted an exemption to the Australian rules?  More details:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/australian-open-novak-djokovic_n_61e121bbe4b0d8b665690ef8

On 1/15/2022 at 4:07 AM, Steve5380 said:

I am not a fan of tennis,  but I got interested in the issue of Novak Djokovic coming to Australia without their usual requirements of being vaccinated.  

I am an occasional fan of tennis. For whatever reason I have never been a fan of Djokovic. Not because he is Serbian - I know no Serbians. In fact I cannot find a specific reason why I do not like him on court whereas I have spent so much time being dazzled and loving the playing of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

Although @Steve5380 and I often find ourselves on opposing sides of a discussion, I entirely agree with his views on his present immigration issues re Djokovic. Australia has some of the most stringent anti-covid immigration policies in the world. Even vaccinated Australians have often had to wait many months before they can return to their homeland because there is a strict weekly limit on how many can return. I have a close friend living in Melbourne. While he has been pissed off at the many lockdowns suffered by that city, he has accepted it. He finds it appalling that Djokovic, who of his own free will decided not to be vaccinated and who clearly lied - or had someone lie for him on his visa request documentation, has been allowed anywhere near his country.

I do not see how the Courts can overturn what has been government policy for well over a year. And if Djokovic is deported, it will be in the knowledge that those deported for breaking covid regulations are banned from entering the country for three years. So as a result of his belief in his own self importance and how that and his expensive lawyers can overturn official government regulations, he will not be able to play in the Australian Open again until he is 37 at the earliest. Stupid, vane, idiot!

On 1/15/2022 at 5:07 AM, Steve5380 said:

Serbs are often difficult people.  I have a good friend from college whose family is Serbian, and I know how tough and hardheaded they are.  If I am perhaps hardheaded... this is nothing.

First comment:

We should not generalise on nationality.

There is no such thing to say Serbs are often difficult people.

In any nationality you may find "difficult" people.

And who would judge a nationality from knowing one single person holding that nationality...

Also judging someone as difficult might be a result of your own intolerance, issue to adapt, way of thinking, mindset or preconceived point of view.

Steve should refrain from posting such objectionable and in my view inappropriate statements.

On 1/15/2022 at 5:07 AM, Steve5380 said:

now on the verge to receive a Grand Slam on his Ass that will kick him out of a country that has more respect for the fairness of its laws than for some dude that plays good tennis.

I have been following that saga from start.

But what I found interesting is that despite quite relevant evidence that the loophole Djokovic took, namely the exemption for the vaccination requirement as his alleged Covid 19 infection on 16 December 2021, seems to be fake, the Australian government is not touching this.

First it was said, Djokovic received his positive Covid result on 16 Dec at 8pm, later it was told by Djokovic he only heard from the result on 17 December in the evening (after his visit to the female Tennis player group which he attended without wearing mask and eventually being positive.

Hm. Later some cyber experts came in to say that his test was not even made on 16 Dec but only on 22 December...

What I conclude: Djokovic was never tested positve on 16 or 22 Dec and the test result is negative. It is simply a fake (fabricated for him by the testing organisation).

There is strong evidence on this because a German newspaper journal with the help of cyber professionals discovered that the online test result obtainable (it seems that in Serbia all test results are published or accessible online) indicated a negative test result for Djokovic (and the online test result page was only removed some days ago, when the "saga" began.

The point to reject Djokovic (at least in addition to the public health reason) should have been that Australia does not tolerate people who try to circumvent rules and even produce fake certs to comply with loopholes to enter a country.

I am not sure why the Immigration Minister only insisted to rely on the threat to public health reason while cancelling the Djokovic visa once again.

On 1/15/2022 at 12:07 PM, InBangkok said:

He finds it appalling that Djokovic, who of his own free will decided not to be vaccinated and who clearly lied - or had someone lie for him on his visa request documentation, has been allowed anywhere near his country.

Worse, he publishes anti vax statements (and some Trump style weird cures or methods to prevent Covid)

but initially did not even intend to respond to questions whether he is vaccinated or not. I find this already silly.

What privacy does it impact to inform the public whether he is vaccinated or not?

I also think he does not intend to get vaccinated because he or his medical advisors might see the vaccinations as hampering his fitness.

In my personal view, I just think, Djokovic thought as a super star and rich person (320 million assets) he can just do what he wants and doesn't need to bother about anything and will slip through any border just because he is a super star.

On 1/15/2022 at 12:07 PM, InBangkok said:

I do not see how the Courts can overturn what has been government policy for well over a year. And if Djokovic is deported, it will be in the knowledge that those deported for breaking covid regulations are banned from entering the country for three years. So as a result of his belief in his own self importance and how that and his expensive lawyers can overturn official government regulations, he will not be able to play in the Australian Open again until he is 37 at the earliest.

Unfortunately I sense that the Courts will reject the second visa cancellation. The question to decide is not past government policy on covid but whether Djokovic is a "thread to public health and order"

While it is said that courts cannot usually object any such cancellation and reasons to defend a person are near to zero due to the discretionary power of the Minister, I m not sure the judges will buy it. 

However in the specific case of Djokovic, the Immigration minister took ample 4 days to decide while Djokovic was permitted to the country, second the minister only based his decision on the risk for the "public health and good order".

That is quite weak. and taking nearly 5 days to make a decision would indicate that Djokovic seems not to be a thread to public health. It is no longer imminent. If he had been they would have needed to cancel his visa immediately once the first judge withdrew the first visa cancellation.

But that could have been a strategy for the Government as later they can say " We did all what we could, but the judges ..." , maybe that was the real reason why he took so much time to decide, namely to void his own arguments.

Immigration Minister Alex Hawke has used rare personal powers to cancel Novak Djokovic’s visa in the interest of “public health and good order”, just days after the tennis star won his court bid to stay in the country to compete for his 10th Australian Open title.

The federal government has now dropped its argument that Djokovic did not have a valid medical exemption from vaccination when he came to Australia, and conceded that he poses a low risk of catching COVID-19 and passing it on to others, due to his recent infection.

But the minister is now arguing that his presence here during the two weeks of the Open, as a high-profile vaccine sceptic, may put lives and civil order at risk by stirring up anti-vax sentiment and disregard for COVID-19 rules.

The argument that Immigration Minister Alex Hawke is relying on to prove Novak Djokovic poses a risk to the public for his “anti-vaccine” views has been laid out in documents just released publicly.

Mr Hawke has claimed that Djokovic’s presence in Australia “may lead to an increase in anti-vaccine sentiment generated in the Australian community”.

“[This] potentially leading to an increase in civil unrest of the kind previously experienced in Australia with rallies and protests, which may themselves be a source of community transmission,” Mr Hawke states.

The only thing I can see is that the judges support the rationale of the potential of an imminent danger of unrest and riots during an Omicron emergency, when leaving Djokovic in Australia. But the other points seem quite weak (or as I suspect left intentionally weak).

As said earlier, Hawke in my view should have also included that governments should always support if people abide by rules and do not forge documents or rely on forged documents to get their goal on a loophole basis. At least this had supported the ill intent of Djokovic using faked certs indicating a recent Covid infection to comply with the Australian open visa entry requirement (or better loophole) for unvaccinated players. The whole circumstances smell quite fishy as to his Covid infection, events Djokovic attended on the following days and his ignorance to travel regulations (visiting Serbia while having trained in Spain over Christmas), attending events, meeting others unmasked or ignoring visa entry requirements to Spain (not reporting his Covid19 positive status) etc etc. (actually all these points indicate to me that he never had that second Covid infection and just had it fabricated for his purposes to take part at the Australian open.

That should have been the message that the Australian government should sent to their citizens.

Personally, I would support Djokovic's visa cancellation to be upheld.

Third the Australian courts should not have worked on this issue on an emergency basis but take the normal court procedure (this only stresses that laws are not the same for all and exceptions are made for "super stars". ) By that Djokovic's hopes to participate at the Australian open had lapsed from alone... There are plenty of Tennis matches, to miss one is not so important...

Edited by singalion

On 1/15/2022 at 12:54 PM, singalion said:

Unfortunately I sense that the Courts will reject the second visa cancellation. The question to decide is not past government policy on covid but whether Djokovic is a "thread to public health and order"

While it is said that courts cannot usually object any such cancellation and reasons to defend a person are near to zero due to the discretionary power of the Minister, I m not sure the judges will buy it. 

I'm not sure the judges have any leeway on this issue. The Australian government has had a policy in place for well over a year. That the Courts would decide in favour of a vain man who lied about his vaccination status by appearing in public after poof of being positive and, even worse, a man who broke immigration rules a second time by travelling outside his country by taking the flight to Melbourne from Spain rather than Serbia, is almost impossible to believe. But if Djokovic's expensive lawyers do win their client's case, there will be a huge outcry amongst Australians, both within and outside the country, who obeyed the rules and were prevented from returning to their home country for many months. The anti-Djokovic chanting will deafen his matches at the Open.

Also with his antics he will have shot himself very firmly in the foot. That an unvaccinated player will be permitted to play at the year's other Grand Slams will surely be in doubt.

On 1/15/2022 at 2:26 PM, InBangkok said:

But if Djokovic's expensive lawyers do win their client's case, there will be a huge outcry amongst Australians, both within and outside the country, who obeyed the rules and were prevented from returning to their home country for many months. The anti-Djokovic chanting will deafen his matches at the Open.

I m sure they will. But it is not public opinion that decides on court cases (hopefully not) but rules

and I just pointed to the (eventually intentionally) weak founding of the cancellation by the Australian Immigration minister...

Hopefully the matches are called off, once the raunchy crowd will protest non stop his appearance in any matches...

Like @InBangkok I also feel more sympathy for Federer and Nadal.  And it is not because I have any personal animosity against Serbians.  Although he has my abysmal opinion as an anti-vaccine, which no rational person should be.  Does he know sufficient biology and the field of infectious diseases to make an intelligent decision?  Instead, I think that his decision is the product of immense pride and feeling of superiority.

My friend Fedor is an intelligent and honest person with many other positive qualities, but he is strong like a bull, hardheaded and with strong opinions that cut like a knife.  And he is not the only Serb I know.  His father is (was) like he is. And they told me stories of the conflicts their family personally had with Croats, beating each other up in frequent fights. Croats and Serbs are neighbors who don't like each other. And if we had followed world news, we all know the Serbs from the Bosnian War and what the Serbs did in Sarajevo.  Not for nothing were the Serbs leaders the most condemned and imprisoned by the International Criminal Court. 

And Djokovic must also be hardheaded like hell, since he has a team of lawyers and continues fighting against the rightful laws of Australia.  Instead of recognizing his faults, leaving and passing on this year's tournament, he most possibly will be deported and banned for three years. 

We should not be afraid of generalizing.  How can we live if we don't generalize?  To say that in winter it is cold is...  a generalization and there are warm days in winter too.  So, generalizations are perfectly fine  in common speech.  If I say that Asian young men are very attractive, a generalization, am I wrong?

For info:

Djokovic loses court case

By Paul Sakkal

Novak Djokovic has lost his attempt to overturn his deportation, a Federal Court judge has announced.

He will be required to leave Australia.

The decision was unanimous and Djokovic was ordered to pay the legal costs of the government.

Djokovic’s lawyers ask for time to reflect, consider further action

By Paul Sakkal

The decision was unanimous and Djokovic was ordered to pay the legal costs of the government.

Djokovic’s lawyers asked for time to reflect on the decision and the court will return in about half an hour, but his legal team did not immediately indicate they would take any further action to halt his deportation.

The judgment details will only be released by tomorrow. Therefore, not clear what the reasoning was by the court...

On 1/15/2022 at 1:38 PM, singalion said:

But it is not public opinion that decides on court cases (hopefully not) but rules

and I just pointed to the (eventually intentionally) weak founding of the cancellation by the Australian Immigration minister...

And the rules won out. Djokovic brought about his own downfall. Even after allegedly being given a waiver due to his having had covid in mid-December, he broke several rules and lied on his application. His social media posts also seemed to rub the nose of the visa issuing authority in the mud. They also infuriated vast numbers of Australians. I never believed the High Court would overturn the Minister's decision to throw him out of the country. And so it proved - all three judges agreed with the ruling.

Now, as a result of his own stupidity and high-handedness, Djokovic faces being banned from entry to Australia for three full years. I for one hope that ruling is observed and that he does not appear at the Australian Open again until 2026.

On 1/16/2022 at 1:24 AM, singalion said:

For info:

Djokovic loses court case

By Paul Sakkal

Novak Djokovic has lost his attempt to overturn his deportation, a Federal Court judge has announced.

He will be required to leave Australia.

Djokovic’s lawyers ask for time to reflect, consider further action

By Paul Sakkal

Djokovic’s lawyers asked for time to reflect on the decision and the court will return in about half an hour, but his legal team did not immediately indicate they would take any further action to halt his deportation.

The judgment details will only be released by tomorrow. Therefore, not clear what the reasoning was by the court...

His lawyers "asked for time to reflect"?   Ha ha ha...

They got their wish.  Now they have endless time to reflect together with their client about the frivolity of their case.

On 1/16/2022 at 2:23 AM, InBangkok said:

And the rules won out. Djokovic brought about his own downfall. Even after allegedly being given a waiver due to his having had covid in mid-December, he broke several rules and lied on his application. His social media posts also seemed to rub the nose of the visa issuing authority in the mud. They also infuriated vast numbers of Australians. I never believed the High Court would overturn the Minister's decision to throw him out of the country. And so it proved - all three judges agreed with the ruling.

Now, as a result of his own stupidity and high-handedness, Djokovic faces being banned from entry to Australia for three full years. I for one hope that ruling is observed and that he does not appear at the Australian Open again until 2026.

Yes, Djokovic lost much, much more than one more opportunity to defend his title and become the No. 1 again.  He lost any perception of his integrity in the humiliation of a defeat that is much worse than if he had not won that Grand Slam!   Like @yy02 did, multitudes must have lost any likeness they had for him and are now satisfied that equality under the law prevailed in Australia.

On 1/16/2022 at 2:23 AM, InBangkok said:

You are completely right.  But the Serbs don't see it this way.  Australia's treatment of Djokovic was "scandalous"  

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/16/serbias-leaders-hit-out-at-scandalous-treatment-of-novak-djokovic

If you know no Serbian, don't feel that you are missing much...

Now that we could forget about Djokovic if hopefully his saga has ended, in no time another shady figure appears on the world news.  

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/grandstanding-fears-norwegian-mass-killer-seeks-parole-82303587

Grandstanding fears as Norwegian mass killer seeks parole

STAVANGER, Norway -- Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik goes to court, Tuesday, after 10 years behind bars, claiming he is no longer a danger to society and attempting to get an early release from his 21-year sentence.

The far right terrorist has shown no remorse since slaying 77 people in a bomb and gun massacre in 2011, and families of victims and survivors fear he will grandstand his extreme views during the hearing, which experts say is unlikely to deliver him an early release.

----

“According to Norwegian law he has a right now to go before a judge,” said Øystein Storrvik, Breivik’s defense lawyer. “He emphasizes that right. And his motivation for doing so is difficult for me to have an opinion on.”

Storrvik confirmed that Breivik will call the Swedish neo-Nazi Per Oberg to speak in his defense. He would not otherwise outline the basis of Breivik’s case, but made it clear that nobody should expect contrition.

“According to the law there is no obligation that you have to be remorseful,” said Storrvik. “So it is not a legal main point. Absolutely the legal problem is whether he is dangerous.”

It must have been difficult when this massacre happened to not have wondered at the laws in Norway.  How can a person who slaughtered 77 people, most of them children,  get away with only a 21 year sentence?  And how can he appeal this sentence after only 10 years,  and how his release won't depend on his lack of remorse ???

It seems that all what matters is whether he is still dangerous!  Great!   Perhaps it could be impossible to prove that he won't be dangerous once he is released back into society,  and then he could be held indefinitely.  THIS would restore some respect for the judicial system in Norway.  Let's see what happens after Tuesday...

• 2 weeks later...

There is one of the happiest world news to follow today.  It is the deployment of the James Web space telescope.

It is exciting news of the highest positivity in this sea of miserable negative news worldwide, the threat of Russia invading Ukraine, the climate change, the covid pandemic, the inflation in the US, etc.

The telescope has reached its final destination, now in an orbit at the Lagrange point 2.  What is this Lagrange area in space?  I just learned it:   It is an area that allows it to be in orbit around the sun always staying 1 million miles about earth, on the other side than the sun.  This will allow its shield to stop the heat waves from sun, earth and moon simultaneously,  with the gravitational pull from earth and sun compensated exactly by the centripetal force in its orbit.   This is so super-smart !!!!

Thinking of the fantastic amount of science, technology, expertise, tremendous design power with modern computers, and the large team of experts who made this telescope possible,  one cannot but get goose  bumps of emotion.

You can read about it in NASA's Twitter site:

Edited by Steve5380

Oh my God!!!  EVIL, EVIL world...

https://seracchi.com/miss-usa-2019-cheslie-kryst-death-chelsea-krist-suicide-instagram/

MISS USA 2019 CHESLIE KRYST DEAD BY SUICIDE AT 30 YEARS OLD

What could have pushed this beauty to have ended her life in her prime?  Hours before her death, Kryst wrote, "May this day bring you rest and peace" followed by a heart emoji.

It seems so important that we keep cultivating mental balance and happiness  NO MATTER WHAT.

The 2022 Winter Olympic games in Beijing have started!   HURRAH!!

Already my eyes were treated watching the men's short program figure skating,  with several spectacular eye candies. 

Nathan Chen was impressive, better than I have ever seen him.  The Japanese Shoma Uno was second,  one of the cutest ones in my opinion.  I also found Daniel Grassi from Italy, the 5th, having a beautiful figure.

In the Olympic athletic events which are also artistic,  like figure skating and diving, it seems obvious that we GAYS are SUPER-REPRESENTED.  The BEST, the most ARTISTIC, the most BEAUTIFUL, the most SKILLED.  Shouldn't this make us proud?  Shouldn't this inspire us to do what it takes to become ourselves super-represented in attractiveness and skills?

I look forwards to the many days enjoying this spectacular Olympics.   I have decided to ease a little on my fasting and do some snacking while leisurely watching the games.  :) 

Note: as much as I love watching the Olympics,  I hate all the commercialization that comes with it.  Money, money, money!    I get the videos of the event from NBC over the air, and I record them with my TIVO.  So at least I can fast-forward through the commercials and other junk.  But even this is a big waste of time.  Also, so far I have not been able to watch the Opening Ceremony.  I looked in YouTube,  and there are many snippets of it that are also like junk.  But eventually a complete video will appear on YouTube, since they are there for previous Olympic games.    I find that this is also part of some for-profit game. 

Note: I rectify my last prior statement.  I finally got the 3 hour video with the Opening Ceremony.  It is really impressive!   The large ambience puts me in awe, full of respect for China,  which is the intention of the ceremony.    It is freezing cold outside in Houston,  but I am very cozy indoors, sitting in my big chair like a couch potato,  watching the ceremony on my big screen while munching on some "pepitas".  Life is oh, so great. !!

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/25/2022 at 8:37 PM, Steve5380 said:

There is one of the happiest world news to follow today.  It is the deployment of the James Web space telescope.

It is exciting news of the highest positivity in this sea of miserable negative news worldwide, the threat of Russia invading Ukraine, the climate change, the covid pandemic, the inflation in the US, etc.

The telescope has reached its final destination, now in an orbit at the Lagrange point 2.  What is this Lagrange area in space?  I just learned it:   It is an area that allows it to be in orbit around the sun always staying 1 million miles about earth, on the other side than the sun.  This will allow its shield to stop the heat waves from sun, earth and moon simultaneously,  with the gravitational pull from earth and sun compensated exactly by the centripetal force in its orbit.   This is so super-smart !!!!

Thinking of the fantastic amount of science, technology, expertise, tremendous design power with modern computers, and the large team of experts who made this telescope possible,  one cannot but get goose  bumps of emotion.

You can read about it in NASA's Twitter site:

Fantastic!

The Webb telescope has arrived, its 18 mirrors fully deployed and its position very close to its final destination.  It captured the light of a star 256 light years away!  Now they will start the slow adjustment of the 18 mirrors to bring them all in focus.

What if some superior extraterrestrials on this star see a reflection of this telescope in 256 years,  and then come to invade us?  If they travel at the speed of light,  they may arrive here in 256 + 256 = more than 500 years.  Uhhh... I'm getting afraid already!

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/nasas-space-telescope-sees-1st-starlight-takes-selfie-82831754

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.