Male HQ

Urgent: Do I Have Std?

bonekaz

Hi guys,

I've recently been to the polyclinic and the doctor referred me to the DSC clinic because he wasn't sure if what I have is an STD. A week pr so before I visited the polyclinic (I'm in NS so that explains why I didn't get it checked earlier), I experienced an unbearable itch in the area between my dick and my anus. It was so unbearable that I began scratching continuously and before long, I experienced pain while I shower. I then noticed that the scratching has caused a wound which started secreting foul smelling pus. The pus has even caused a rash on my butt cheeks around my anus and the entire area is red now.

Tomorrow's my STD check up and I'm afraid. I've Googled my symptoms and they all point to a condition termed as a 'jock itch' which is not an STD although I've not read anyone experiencing the pus causing more rash on the butt cheeks area mentioned above. However, I do believe that it works like normal wounds that do not get to 'breathe'; the pus causes an irritation of the skin and thus lead to a break out of rash. I've also asked a few friends and they believe that it was a skin irritation that I aggravated when I scratched it which probably lead to an infection. A friend of mine also has 'jock itch' every now and then and he said that my symptoms were similar to his (he has already went for the STD check up and cleared it).

Here's a picture of how the area looks like now. I'm sorry if this is disturbing but I really need some opinions (hopefully some good ones).

P.S. I'm actually a top but because my boyfriend is a top, I took on a more passive role when we got attached. We've been together for a year plus now and neither of us have had STD symptoms during or before the relationship even though we never actually got tested.

Edited by bonekaz

yup it looks like a heat rash -- if pus you probably need an astringent like potassium permanganate (PP wash) +- antibiotics (e.g. Augmentin 625mg tds 5 days to a week)

more importantly tho, especially if it does not clear, have to consider ?extension to inside rectum especially if the pus comes out from really perianal.

but don't scare yourself first. your pix is blurry but looks quite similar to nappy rash.

perianal abscess are not STDs. if you don't have what's described here it is unlikely http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002487/ or http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/191975-overview -- of course, we never say never in medicine, but still it's more peri-neal than peri-anal.

good luck. think you will be referred to NSC for follow-up (DSC is after all run by NSC).

Edited by lct

I got it before around my leg and my crotch there... and it's was an Abrasion. I apply snake powder and it's start the pain and it's dry its took me 1 week to recover.. and i did apply some medi-cream on it.. and this look so serious case..

Hi guys.

So the test results for the HIV test has come out. I am negative! Haha.

But as for the other STDs, results will be available after about 2 weeks? However, the doctor ovbserved everything (the nurse even poked inside my butt) and I have no anal warts inside and out, and as far as they can tell for now, they can't find any abnormalities in the scrapings and anal swabs.

The doctor examined the red parts after i've explained how it happened and said she thinks it's eczema; the rash was caused by my incessant scratching. Haha.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement. It really helped. Let's hope overall, when the results are available for collection, it will still show that I am clean of STDs and HIV! :))

Good for you! I don't like to make spot diagnosis like that over the web, but you were worried, so I gave the most likely diagnosis and I am glad I wasn't wrong.

Congrats to lct for the quality of his diagnosis! :clap:

well, something to note for our fellow bw-ers.

personal hygiene is very important, especially for us living in this warm and humid country.

rashes and eczema are normally related to the environment we are living in.

anti-bacterial cream and anti-fungal infection powder are commonly found in many medical shops.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

Guest Ironrod

I got it before around my leg and my crotch there... and it's was an Abrasion. I apply snake powder and it's start the pain and it's dry its took me 1 week to recover.. and i did apply some medi-cream on it.. and this look so serious case..

Snake powder or army powder apply it daily.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Most recent update. Turns out I do have an STI (sexually transmitted infection) called chlamydia infection. But not to worry, I'm on antibiotics now and as long as I refrain from sex, I should be cure by my next check up next month. My boyfriend was told to get checked to in case I passed the infection to him so the both of us are keeping our fingers crossed.

Just a word to all you readers, please do have safe sex all the time and get yourself checked regularly. I got lucky. Although I still have an STI, mine is curable in a few weeks and isn't that serious. Neither me nor my boyfriend had symptoms till I had my rash. There are people out there who are irresponsible and have unsafe sex even though they have these STDs/STIs.

Get checked and be safe everyone.

I'm sorry you did contract an STI, but am glad it's not one of the more serious or virulent ones. Chlamydia is a bacterial infection can be cured with antibiotics. Still: it can be serious if left untreated. Generally only the viral infections - HSV, HIV that will remain in the body even after treatment.

Just remember to play safe, friends.

Bonekaz: I'm glad you're getting better. Hugs. You've been responsible about this : went for checks up, arranged to bring your bf for a check up, etc. Hope everyone else will be equally responsible. All the best! :)

• 3 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2012 at 0:17 PM, bonekaz said:

Hi guys,

I've recently been to the polyclinic and the doctor referred me to the DSC clinic because he wasn't sure if what I have is an STD. A week pr so before I visited the polyclinic (I'm in NS so that explains why I didn't get it checked earlier), I experienced an unbearable itch in the area between my dick and my anus. It was so unbearable that I began scratching continuously and before long, I experienced pain while I shower. I then noticed that the scratching has caused a wound which started secreting foul smelling pus. The pus has even caused a rash on my butt cheeks around my anus and the entire area is red now.

Tomorrow's my STD check up and I'm afraid. I've Googled my symptoms and they all point to a condition termed as a 'jock itch' which is not an STD although I've not read anyone experiencing the pus causing more rash on the butt cheeks area mentioned above. However, I do believe that it works like normal wounds that do not get to 'breathe'; the pus causes an irritation of the skin and thus lead to a break out of rash. I've also asked a few friends and they believe that it was a skin irritation that I aggravated when I scratched it which probably lead to an infection. A friend of mine also has 'jock itch' every now and then and he said that my symptoms were similar to his (he has already went for the STD check up and cleared it).

Here's a picture of how the area looks like now. I'm sorry if this is disturbing but I really need some opinions (hopefully some good ones).

P.S. I'm actually a top but because my boyfriend is a top, I took on a more passive role when we got attached. We've been together for a year plus now and neither of us have had STD symptoms during or before the relationship even though we never actually got tested.

so it is just an itch?

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎5‎/‎2012 at 5:50 PM, bonekaz said:

Hey guys. Most recent update. Turns out I do have an STI (sexually transmitted infection) called chlamydia infection. But not to worry, I'm on antibiotics now and as long as I refrain from sex, I should be cure by my next check up next month. My boyfriend was told to get checked to in case I passed the infection to him so the both of us are keeping our fingers crossed.

Just a word to all you readers, please do have safe sex all the time and get yourself checked regularly. I got lucky. Although I still have an STI, mine is curable in a few weeks and isn't that serious. Neither me nor my boyfriend had symptoms till I had my rash. There are people out there who are irresponsible and have unsafe sex even though they have these STDs/STIs.

Get checked and be safe everyone.

Did doc said how did u get it? the itch is itch but in the blood is STD right?

On 5/17/2016 at 10:40 AM, lovehandle said:

Did doc said how did u get it? the itch is itch but in the blood is STD right?

haha hi. It's been damn long since this happened. I'm clean. And STIs are different from STDs. STIs are just infections like UTIs, but STDs are the ones that you need to worry about because they're diseases. The itch I guess was my skin's reaction to the STI. 

STIs can be cured, but should get them treated quickly. If you're worried, it's always a good idea to get a good check. :)

10 hours ago, bonekaz said:

haha hi. It's been damn long since this happened. I'm clean. And STIs are different from STDs. STIs are just infections like UTIs, but STDs are the ones that you need to worry about because they're diseases. The itch I guess was my skin's reaction to the STI. 

STIs can be cured, but should get them treated quickly. If you're worried, it's always a good idea to get a good check. :)

I kept feeling as though ants r crawling(very itchy definitely)on me and I saw heat rashes or pimples but they dissipated and move on to other body parts

Ts who passed it to u?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

7 minutes ago, Bptop88 said:

who tS ? 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

59 minutes ago, Bptop88 said:

This post is so long ago 2012 to now sia >.<  

but bonekaz great to hear you are clean. 

keep it up do reg checkup if you and ur bf still together :) 

He said he was clean at that time

The reason is I find our bw threads don't have much infor or description

I can easily sense so many HIV patients and probably more STI/STD around (they msg me  , they shared )

but none shared the details at all  (the physical ones like symptoms etc , not  the emotional part)
the emo part is of course expected, cry/down , wanna die and then move on...........

Not sure what is holding them back from sharing the other aspects

From the pinkdot 2016 video and the various sources, it is obvious more and more younger ones contracted but..........somehow in the forum , I keep reading msgs like: are u hiv-poz?

are u?

Hiv?
keen to make friends of hiv-poz ......

Worst, some still go on tours visiting "those" places(yes, they have learnt their lessons and still wanna an active life, hope they prac protection or to contribute to BW by writing more beneficial info)

I just want to put out an opinion/perspective that just because you are POZ, it is NOT the end of the world. Medical science is extremely advanced now and the lifespan of POZ patients have significantly increased over the years, albeit with side effects from the medication such as aging.

Also, let's not put up a social stigma on HIV carriers; this is not 1989 anymore. While those who deliberately go around to spread their illness should be condoned, having HIV itself should not be something that is shamed, or lead to the carrier feeling that he should be ashamed of himself (not everyone who has HIV wants it or contracts it consciously/on purpose; many people are also victims)...

And if you're dating or plan to have sex with someone with HIV, remember to start on PrEP before you do, and sadly PEP isn't exactly legalized in Singapore yet. But the bottom line is to always, always protect yourself.

STIs/STDs can also be quickly cured and treated so long you don't delay treatment. Many are worried and scared of actually finding out they have something, but if you see oddity on your body, especially your orifices and genitals, it's high time to give the DSC Clinic a call and make an appointment. It's relatively affordable and heavily subsidized. The faster you get yourself diagnosed and treated, the easier it is for you to adjust back to your daily lifestyle.

TLDR; HIV/STDs are not a "end of the road" and should not be viewed as such. If you're reading this and think you might be infected or anything, please make an appointment with DSC ASAP and help yourself!

anigif_enhanced-5397-1408658439-1.gif

I hope the rest will read, tks for sharing

even as a non-poz, I find it useful

For sure those who r  thinking of having sex soon, I doubt they have PrEP cos not economical , n not all would want to subject themselves a string of qns by their docs

Edited by lovehandle

6 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

For sure those who r poz thinking of having sex soon, I doubt they have PrEP

from my understanding, PrEP is a prescription for someone who doesn't have HIV and wants to have sex with someone who does. it's something you must take every day and it definitely isn't cheap

2 minutes ago, Exynos said:

from my understanding, PrEP is a prescription for someone who doesn't have HIV and wants to have sex with someone who does. it's something you must take every day and it definitely isn't cheap

Oh ya
but it s not possible for every visit of sauna , the person has to take such an expensive consumption....

back to previous topic

and there is a window period eg 14 days even if you wanna go DSC

so some on average goes to sauna once a week, or they could have done some events/orgies/clubbing w the sauna visit at least once per week, so they wont know which was the right encounter that lead them feeling odd now
was it the 1st day or the last 6th day or yesterday's? u need to know before u can target it and find the right window period to visit right?

for me as much as I could , it s safe sex but not so much for the oral jobs that others performed on me , an uncle even confidently explained that usu the one who contracted are the one who performed the oral , not the recipient, I m shocked by this sttm! how could it be

when performing oral sex, the party blowing is the one who has the penis in his mouth, so if his mouth has huge open wounds/sores then yes the chances of getting infected with anything is much higher. statistically, the chances of contracting HIV/AIDS strictly by oral sex is very low

17 minutes ago, Exynos said:

when performing oral sex, the party blowing is the one who has the penis in his mouth, so if his mouth has huge open wounds/sores then yes the chances of getting infected with anything is much higher. statistically, the chances of contracting HIV/AIDS strictly by oral sex is very low

Yup precisely , many are very uneducated....

No, not hiv, but more of daily STD/STI (title of the thread)

yeah i understood, hence i specifically mentioned "HIV/AIDS"... any form of STD is transmitted mostly through bodily fluids and open wounds. once the virus enters the bloodstream via wounds the person will be infected, hence it is important to use a condom for anal sex and to have good oral hygiene your mouth isn't filled with open wounds! 

12 hours ago, lovehandle said:

For sure those who r  thinking of having sex soon, I doubt they have PrEP cos not economical , n not all would want to subject themselves a string of qns by their docs

travada is the long term PEP that people take daily. it is not cheap and has to be consumed 7 days before the exposure then continue for another 28 days after the exposure.

i've heard many are taking it on a long term basis so they could have random fun, protected or not. i really wonder if its worth the time/money/effort to do that since these medication are rather hard on your organs esp the kidney and liver. its something like spend money to damage your health to me